Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008

Professor Oak posted:

That would be me! Slaying my way into paying you back and buying my own!

Are you still working on this, or have you quit again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Toshimo posted:

So, having using wand+offhand has higher rate of fire than just 1 by itself?

Yeah AFAIK unless they changed it in the past 6 months

joachim783
May 9, 2013
dual weilding increases your DPS by 50% compared to just using a main-handed weapon and does not affect accuracy, accuracy is fully determined from the main-handed weapon also with dual wielding magic you need to remember to set a default spell for both the main AND off hand or you won't get the 50% damage boost.

joachim783 fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 28, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Every time I come back to RuneScspe I end up just cutting trees for an hour.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Agoat posted:

Every time I come back to RuneScspe I end up just cutting trees for an hour.

Yea but gently caress trees

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

That's why I cut 'em :getin:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > Runescape NXT : I end up just cutting trees for an hour.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Cutting trees is great. I would read essays in college and move my mouse every couple minutes to chop a tree. I learned and made a tidy Runescape profit.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Basically how I got 99 woodcutting while writing essays.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Themata posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > Runescape NXT : I end up just cutting trees for an hour.

Pizza Lady this is why I need you back. :/

Also gonna make my guy look like John Cena.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
May BTS
Mega May | Weekend Bonuses | Ports Bonuses
From missing persons and stolen items to menacing foes, you’ll need your wits about you as you piece together clues and help some of RuneScape’s most beloved characters. Meg has started out as a private investigator, and she needs you to tackle the most challenging jobs. With a great mix of comedy, sleuthing and pure madness, it’s a great way to earn some much needed XP and some crazy new rewards, like sock puppets, trench coats and a very strange new pet.
In addition, each weekend in May has some special events going on, focussing on player-owned ports, bosses, minigames and dungeoneering just to name a few. This is the perfect time to work on some of those bigger challenges you’ve set yourselves!
The minigames weekend is a great time to explore our graphically updated Void Knight Outpost too, it really looks special, particularly with the power of NXT behind it.
If you’ve not yet experienced the joys of player-owned ports, running your own fleet of ships and cutthroat crew, the ports weekend is the time to do it, with bonus voyages and rewards on offer. Note – there are also player-owned ports bonuses that will run for the whole month, so the weekend is not the only time to get ahead. Stay tuned for more info next week.

Kindred Spirits – New Quest | Sliske’s Countdown
The investigative skills you learn working with Meg will be very useful to you as you take on this month’s quest – Kindred Spirits. The latest part in Sliske’s Countdown, this quest takes on a more personal note as we reveal some of the fascinating backstory of some of my favourite characters – the Barrows Brothers and Sliske himself. Discover his motives, plans and how he came to capture RuneScape’s most famous siblings. There’s plenty of surprises along the way, not least the long awaited reveal of the Barrows Sister that we spoke about waaay back at RuneFest!
The rewards are cracking – a new Barrows fight is on offer, with new armour and a weapon to earn with a unique set bonus.

Invention Tech Trees
We’re adding 10 new technologies this month to the Invention skill, bringing new goblin and dwarf tech to your workbench, including 2 new explosive cannon variants. With them, we’re bringing some changes to the way that the tech trees work, providing new task-related gameplay within Invention, giving you more focus as you train the skill. Thanks to everyone on the forums who has helped us develop this update, your feedback has made all the difference.

Duel Anywhere
Talking of feedback, the Ninjas are always listening and planning their next move, and this time we're bringing back an old favourite from classic days - the ability for you to have fun duels anywhere you like! There’s no staking, just fun, so get stuck in!
------
I'm not sure if I've just turned cynical because of my old runescape ways or if this BTS is really bad again this month. Don't get me wrong theres definitely some neat stuff in there but for me at least it's not really neat enough to get me to log in other to do clan maintainence and that general stuff. The new quest and new barrows content is going to be neat, some of the weekends might be worth doing, Dueling anywhere is inevitably going to have some bug where you do loose stuff, Invention definitely has a chance but seeing all the other "perks" invention has to offer I'm not going to get my hopes up that this is finally going to make invention worth it.

So what do you guys think about this months BTS?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Boss pet familiar overrides :w00t:

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

allta posted:

So what do you guys think about this months BTS?

No darkscape, no care :(

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Meg is my "waifu"

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Foreskin Problems posted:

Meg is my "waifu"

How could you have such a bad opinion clearly the best Runescape waifu is (insert random NPC of your choice other than meg here).

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

How could you have such a bad opinion clearly the best Runescape waifu is (insert random NPC of your choice other than meg here).

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Sliske

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Hmmm... controversial but interesting.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Bungh0 just sent me this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIjM3bW6Yk&t=58s

Truly a Bungtastic update f0r the fed0rable neckbeards.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Themata posted:

Bungh0 just sent me this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIjM3bW6Yk&t=58s

Truly a Bungtastic update f0r the fed0rable neckbeards.

I'm going to start a whitehouse.gov petition to bring you back :(

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I needa the pizza.

What time do our remaining players usually log on? I'm EST and am considering hosting a goonscape event to take advantage of Mega May. We could do one of the featured minigames!

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013
I'm on at random times, but most reliably between 6-10 pm EST.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:

Foreskin Problems posted:

I needa the pizza.

What time do our remaining players usually log on? I'm EST and am considering hosting a goonscape event to take advantage of Mega May. We could do one of the featured minigames!

Pest Control is on spotlight during the minigames weekend. Do Pest Control, the best (least worst) minigame!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Bought 900k in random potions from a pubbie and ended making 2 mil. I think pubbies are a good source of profit...

joachim783
May 9, 2013
Mega May - Meg’s Cases | May Weekends | Port Boosts

Welcome to Mega May – a bumper month of content with things to do for free players and RuneScape members. First up, log in each day and help the hapless Meg solve a series of detective cases across Gielinor. Secondly, take advantage of four May Weekends – each bringing a different series of in game bonuses and XP offers to RuneScape. Thirdly, get into Player-Owned Ports with month-long boosts and check out the fantastic lion outfit in Solomon’s Store. Bring it on!

Ironmen Note - all of the mega may activities are also available for Ironmen.

Meg's Cases | Detective Agency

People and possessions are going missing across Gielinor and Meg (of player-owned ports 'fame') is paying attention. She has set up her own detective agency and is offering her services to uncover anything that smells fishy in Gielinor. The only catch is she’s not exactly experienced in these matters – can you help her?

Available for both free-to-play and RuneScape members

How to Start

Log in to the game and click the Mega May pop-up to see today’s case. Members can also be assigned a case by talking to Meg her new office in player-owned ports (use the portal in Port Sarim).

Get your detective hat on every day from now until the end of the month and help Meg solve Gielinor’s mostly pressing cases. Solving each of these mini-mysteries does not take long and will reward you with XP lamps, rewards and cosmetics like an awesome sock puppet which can even replace your chat head!

A new case will be available every day until the end of May but don’t worry if you miss a day- you can catch up on any cases that you have missed along the way until the event ends on 13th June at 23:59.

So, fire up those little grey cells and channel your inner Sherlock - enjoy!

May Weekends – new bonuses each weekend this month

Enjoy a series of bonus weekends running each Friday from 12:00 UTC until each Monday at 12:00 UTC. Different bonuses will be available each weekend, so log in and look for the May Weekends interface to see what is getting a boost.

For the first weekend, enjoy the following from 6th May at 12:00 UTC until 9th May at 12:00 UTC:

Increased node spawn and double reward points in Runespan
Double chance to find relics, sceptre of the gods and Black Ibis gear in Pyramid Plunder
Enriched wisps spawn every 10 mins, instead of 20
Divination springs last twice as long
Fishing spots move half as often
Big Chinchompa base XP +50%
Agility course lap bonus XP +50%
Flatpacks are created in noted form
Cooking burn chances reduced by 5%
Chance to save a secondary ingredient with Herblore 2%

Player-Owned Ports - month long boosts

Even though Meg may seem somewhat distracted by her detective agency, your player-owned ports will actually be running super smoothly this May. Enjoy the following bonuses that will run from 3rd May at 23:59 UTC until Monday 1st June at 23:59 UTC:

Ability to run 25 standard player-owned ports voyages per day (instead of the usual 15)
+30% normal Resources and Trade Goods
Surula special voyage available on Saturday and Sundays, as well as on Thursdays as per usual.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Feels like this is the game telling me to get into the port stuff, how do you get that started?

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Pina Coladas posted:

Pest Control is on spotlight during the minigames weekend. Do Pest Control, the best (least worst) minigame!

Is it really? This is the best news. The. Best.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Feels like this is the game telling me to get into the port stuff, how do you get that started?

You need a 90 in at least one skill and then go to the Player Owned Ports teleport in Port Sarim for ports action. Watch me press my nose against the glass and cry since I can't do ports.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Get a 90 or higher in construction, cooking, divination, dungeoneering, fishing, herblore,hunter, prayer,runecrafting,slayer or theiving. You then go to Port Sarim and find the port portal near the dockside bar, and enter it. You'll start out with one ship, over time you'll unlock more ships and areas to go to.

When you start, absolutely always do a scroll mission if one becomes available. You'll need to find 4 scrollpieces for each scroll, and you need the matching scroll for an item to make it out of the "trade goods" you start collecting in voyages, while in normal voyages you collect port goods that are spent on upgrades/crew/etc. The thing is, as your progress goes on, later areas mean longer voyages, so you want to aim to get as many scrolls done with voyages that go out and come back in like half an hour instead of having to do it with ones that effectively take all day (in later areas, trips take up to 17 hours depending on your crew setup and the voyage).

Although you only need one 90, and hence one "adventurer" to start, you'll want to get all of those 90s as quickly as possible, because more adventurers activated means more chances for trade good voyages and scroll voyages. On top of those skills, having 90+ smithing and crafting helps because you'll need them to make some of the trade good items to sell or use yourself, like the melee armor and ranged armor sets. The magic armor set is crafted using the runecrafting skill, which is already a port skill.

And lastly: even if you don't have a 90 in a port skill, you can still go there every week around reset on Wednesday runescape time to use the Meg event for that week. You basically answer some questions about runescape stuff as "advice" and then she returns the next wednesday with various xp lamps and amounts of money as a reward.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Nifty, I'm but a small newbie still and have no 90 skills, but I can at least get some lamps out of it then.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Cooking is probably the easiest skill to get 90 in. Doing the BBQ at the clan citadel is a great way to train.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh yea I should probably go to the citadel and use the training stuff, ya know one of the big reasons clans are useful.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

So I take it basically all these free-to-play quests that use member's skills are just a way for them to show me how awesome paying is?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Pumpy Dumper posted:

So I take it basically all these free-to-play quests that use member's skills are just a way for them to show me how awesome paying is?

Members is fun. It's like $10 on Amazon for a month, it's worth trying out.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Agoat posted:

Members is fun. It's like $10 on Amazon for a month, it's worth trying out.

I used to be a member before the EoC was introduced. Maybe 2009?

I've been looking for a game that I can pick up and play when I want and not worry about devoting time to. So I joined again to see what the new RS is like

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
0.02 on Ports; if you aim for something specific like Tetsu, get fishing because that skill unlocks relevant adventurer for materials. Death Lotus is thieving, and Seasinger is runecrafting respectively. Scrolls are neutral of course, so you could simply accumulate them and eventually gather the stuff to make them.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Nifty, I'm but a small newbie still and have no 90 skills, but I can at least get some lamps out of it then.

I'd recommend hitting up the Runespan and getting 90+ in runecrafting, just to get that out of the way. Especially because you'll also immediately have a skill for using the Chi trade good items.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I've been looking for a game that I can pick up and play when I want and not worry about devoting time to. So I joined again to see what the new RS is like

That's basically RuneScape in a nutshell for me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Pretty much how I've been using it and it's been great for me. Just whenever I'm bored and have nothing better to do I'll hop in and click a few things to watch numbers go up or put a rotten crawfish in a pie and make a fat man puke forever. I feel absolutely zero pressure to 'invest' in the game even as I'm leveling stuff, which, funny enough, makes me want to play it more just because that's how things stay fun for me. When you remove the elements of 'man if you're not spending x hours a week on this why are you even here' I find it way more fun to just fart around seeing what stuff I can get up to.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

Surmoon posted:

Are you still working on this, or have you quit again?

I have your money whenever I catch you online!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
Yo Goons I really need someone to come with me to Dominion Tower so I can spectate your game and finally unlock dreadnips. Only requirement is you need to be 110 combat. Even if you have no idea what to do that's no problem, you literally click two buttons and you'd be doing me a massive favour. Just reply here with when I can catch you or speak to me ingame