Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Can't anyone cast their ballot for their son for president of the United States? I mean there is write in space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Too man Reagans

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
our one year old is responding to ted cruz's voice by yelling uncontrollably

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Haha, Ted running for 2020.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

UnselecTed

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I wonder if a 4K TV has the resolution to make Ted Cruz's tiny eyes visible.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
In the end, it was the rat that got hosed.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
everything about this is great, oh my god, ted cruz, TED CRUZ the SLIME MAN is dropping out before KASICH

trump and kasich had a sick double agreement and knew that if he and slime man worked together they would never be able to stump the trump

kasich vp

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Are we sure that's the real Milo? There isn't a check by his name.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

FrensaGeran posted:

The Bill of Rights gags those who would enslave us, and the three branches of government spank the naughty boys who would rule us.

Lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
This is the longest I've ever listened to Cruz and I'm proud of my past decisions.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

My guess the the establisment told him that if he keeps blocking kashich he is hosed.

Okay, but in order for that to make sense Kasich would have to be capable of getting enough votes to make the convention contested, which is impossible as far as I'm aware

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Jeez oh man.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Carly Fiorina was a potential Vice President for less than a week.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
At least this is the last time for a while well listen to Cruz talk for 30+ minutes before GETTING TO THE FUXKING POINT

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SLOSifl posted:

I wonder if a 4K TV has the resolution to make Ted Cruz's tiny eyes visible.

He opens them all the way and a puss with the consistency of pureed okra just comes flowing out.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I'm honestly quite surprised, I would have though Cruz to be one to stick around to the very bitter end.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Ted Cruz - I will start the hot war with Russia that everyone was scared of for 80 years

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Wait, did he concede? For real??

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine
Trump!!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

this election

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

Ferraro is vindicated!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

MaxxBot posted:

I'm honestly quite surprised, I would have though Cruz to be one to stick around to the very bitter end.

:agreed:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i'm in shock, what a loving pussy

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Good Citizen posted:

At least this is the last time for a while well listen to Cruz talk for 30+ minutes before GETTING TO THE FUXKING POINT

Uhh, he's still a US Senator

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The crowd collectively wonders to itself, "What is balkanization?"

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
lol at the face

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/727656731501793284

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Just stick the barrel in your mouth on that stage and pull the trigger already, Cruz, your obituary has already been written.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zyla posted:

Just in: @tedcruz is ending his presidential campaign, campaign manager Jeff Roe tells me.

lmao

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/ted-cruz-drops-out-of-presidential-race-222763

quote:

Ted Cruz is quitting the presidential race, according to campaign manager Jeff Roe, ending one of the best-organized campaigns of 2016 after a series of stinging defeats left Donald Trump as the only candidate capable of clinching the nomination outright.

Cruz had appeared likely to go all the way to the Republican convention, but a string of massive losses in the Northeast, and his subsequent defeat in Indiana, appear to have convinced him there’s no way forward.

John Kasich, however, pledged on Tuesday night to stay in the race until a candidate reaches 1,237 bound delegates.

From the start, Cruz has premised his candidacy on the idea that 2016 would be an election driven by resentment toward the established GOP order. It was a strategy that looked prescient as Cruz steadily rose in the polls throughout 2015 and broke into the top tier in Iowa in early 2016.

But what Cruz did not expect — what no one expected — is that he would be outmatched and outstripped in outsider anger by Trump. Cruz had maintained a fragile truce with Trump all of last year, but by the time he turned on the front-runner, the Manhattan businessman had already captured the voters Cruz was hoping would fuel his candidacy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joementum posted:

That's about as long as she was a potential republican nominee

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i dont watch political speeches but i hear cruz might be conceding? im glad we can all celebrate this

also emptyquote

crazy cloud posted:

Jesus: sell all your stuff and give your wealth to the needy
Bystander: no

also the gary johnson stuff; i'm guessing he'll get like 4% of the vote this year. it'd be almost four times as much as the libertarians have ever gotten. we'll see

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
IT'S TIME TO BUCKLE THE gently caress UP FOR KASICH

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

AceRimmer posted:

People chanting "We want Cruz" is worse than the Jonestown tape. Jesus loving Christ. :stonk:
pre:
CRUZ:       Please. For God's sake, let's get on with it. We've lived--we've lived as no other people lived and loved. We've had as much of this primary as you're gonna get. 
            Let's just be done with it. Let's be done with the agony of it. 

(Applause.) 

It's far, far harder to have to walk through every day, die slowly--and from the time you're a child 'til the time you get gray, you're dying. 

Dishonest, and I'm sure that they'll--they'll pay for it. They'll pay for it. This is a revolutionary suicide. This is not a self destructive suicide. So they'll pay for this. 
            They brought this upon us. And they'll pay for that. I leave that party to them. 

(Voices.) 

CRUZ: (Inaudible.) ... Don't, don't fail to follow my advice. You'll be sorry. You'll be sorry. If we do it, than that they do it. Have trust. You have to step across. (Music.) 
            We used to think this world was--this world was not our home--well, it sure isn't--we were saying--it sure wasn't. 

Carly doesn't want to tell them. All she's doing--if they will tell them-- assure these voters. Can't some people assure these voters of the relaxation of stepping over to the next plane? 
            They set an example for others. We said -- one thousand people who said, we don't like the way the world is. 

VOICE:      Take some. 

CRUZ:       Take our life from us. We laid it down. We got tired. We didn't commit suicide, we committed an act of revolutionary suicide protesting the conditions of an inhumane primary. 

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Ted quit or thats what is said on my phone

Trump

*click*

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Joementum posted:

Uhh, he's still a US Senator

Yeah but it's not like the senate even meets anymore.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I AM BUCKLED THE gently caress UP FOR KASICH

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
how the gently caress does anyone know he's dropping out when he hasn't said it yet

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

https://twitter.com/pourmecoffee/status/727635723910778880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

That's about as long as she was a potential republican nominee

Not true; she had a chance for a solid three weeks, maybe even four.

• Locked thread