Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bleach:

+ had more than one person drawing each episode
+ can't hurt us anymore

dragon ball super:

+ has goku
- continues to hurt us
- we''ll never get an actual proper sequel to battle of gods because of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

who is "we" and "us"?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dbs:

+ has goku
+ has dark goku
+ has teen goku
+ has child goku
+ has piccolo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm not being hurt by DBS, it's treating me quite well after the movie arcs. :colbert:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dias posted:

I'm not being hurt by DBS, it's treating me quite well after the movie arcs. :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4YpKONGFkg&t=153s

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Look, much like DB fans I don't expect DBS to look good.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

Dragonball Super is good (unlike Bleach, and the last page of this thread). I don't even know what it is but I'm sure Goku could beat up any of these losers.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hu-hullo? Hullo?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rutibex posted:

Dragonball Super is good (unlike Bleach, and the last page of this thread). I don't even know what it is but I'm sure Goku could beat up any of these losers.

If Goku showed up in bleach there would be a whole chapter dedicated to him yelling kame, another one to hame, a third one for ha, fourth chapter to the energy blast and then we'd skip to another fight for three months.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

You know what could've been cool? If the humans learned Kaio-ken, and they somehow could've multiplied way more, due to human physiology being more conducive to the technique than saiyan biology

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Slightly Absurd posted:

You know what could've been cool? If the humans learned Kaio-ken, and they somehow could've multiplied way more, due to human physiology being more conducive to the technique than saiyan biology

no it wouldn't

if everyone is glowing the same color its kind of lame

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Stairmaster posted:

no it wouldn't

due to human biology kaioken glows pink

and then tenshinhan turns out to be an alien so he glows...hmm...indigo

Caros
May 14, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If Goku showed up in bleach there would be a whole chapter dedicated to him yelling kame, another one to hame, a third one for ha, fourth chapter to the energy blast and then we'd skip to another fight for three months.

You forgot the part where the villain turns out to be the one person against whom the Kamehameha is totally ineffective. The villain no sells it only for good to pull out the perfect counter that only works in that exact situation.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wonder how mad the DBM guys are that the next arc of Super is a multiverse-wide tournament

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Carlosologist posted:

I wonder how mad the DBM guys are that the next arc of Super is a multiverse-wide tournament

They'll go back to their rooms and furiously masturbate to pictures of Bojack and Broly.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The current DBM chapter is really bad.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't think anyone really cares about Goku and Raditz wiping out planet late-90s.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Raxivace posted:

The current DBM chapter is really bad.

I didn't want to say anything but yeah this new special's artwork is awful

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
captain aizen would beat the poo poo out of goku hed make him kamehameha vegeta

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

no it wouldn't

human kaio-ken is different colored aura. BOOM

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they're all still the same color in that case

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So is one of the universes competing in the tournament the Trunks/Android/Bad Future world or are timelines separate from universes? Mirai Trunks being like Universe 3's ace would be cool.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That'd be a cool way to bring back Trunks that isn't literally the Xenoverse plot.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

bleach:

+ had more than one person drawing each episode
+ can't hurt us anymore

dragon ball super:

+ has goku
- continues to hurt us
- we''ll never get an actual proper sequel to battle of gods because of it

resurrection of f happened and it was bad. well ok, it was actually really good and well paced until piccolo and the cow started fighting. then it became bad. also bleach would be a lot better if characters were allowed to die

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

resurrection of f happened and it was bad. well ok, it was actually really good and well paced until piccolo and the cow started fighting. then it became bad. also bleach would be a lot better if characters were allowed to die

ressurection of f was hosed with toei super heavily because super came out literally three months later

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Humans don't need Kaio ken to be good enough. we saw wis's training it was: lift heavy poo poo and run. same as master roshi's training, the problem is that everyone started doing combat training and not lifting enough heavy poo poo and doing laps around the planet.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You would also need detached HIGHER RANKED OFFICIALS dissecting Goku's IMMENSE SPIRITUAL PRESSURE at leisure (preferably having tea or while meeting somewhere super remote but kewl) in between the 29 seconds of fight prep.

Spoiler, he's like a spigot at full blast, attached to a dam, holding back a planet full of water. If he could focus that energy into ONE POINT :looks away:

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Elfgames posted:

Humans don't need Kaio ken to be good enough. we saw wis's training it was: lift heavy poo poo and run. same as master roshi's training, the problem is that everyone started doing combat training and not lifting enough heavy poo poo and doing laps around the planet.

Don't forget working a construction job

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Elfgames posted:

Yeah but the problem is, Saijins get to multiply that power by 50X-500X by transforming. Yamcha would have to lift weights 500X heavier than Goku (or train for 500 years!) in order to compete. What they really need is the Kaio-Ken.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I've always been cool with humans being irrelevant. Not every series with aliens needs to have "humans are actually the best because perseverance"

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
naruto and yusuke could take on goku

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

JohnnyCocksville posted:

naruto and yusuke could take on goku

Dragonball era Goku maybe..

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yusuke jobbed to the villains in his own series, man.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, it kinda bothered me how Yusuke would power up then immediately get beaten on by the next villain he fought. He trained with Genkai after beating Rando and got stronger, which we never get to see since his next fight is him getting stomped by Suzaku.

Only after that is there an arc where most of the time Yusuke is beating his enemies without effort.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
They kinda address that with the first fight against Sensui, where Sensui straight up says that Yusuke is way more powerful in every way but is losing because he's vastly inferior in skill.

Then Shinobu Sensui happens and shits all over everything the arc was doing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The Sensui fight was pretty great until he grew a gun from his hand. Then it became progressively more terrible.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Sensui revealing his multiple personalities is when the series officially jumped the shark, and never managed to recover.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

Yeah but the problem is, Saijins get to multiply that power by 50X-500X by transforming. Yamcha would have to lift weights 500X heavier than Goku (or train for 500 years!) in order to compete.
I guess he should get to it then cause even with kaio ken a 20x powerboost is trash now

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kaioken wouldn't help yamcha anyway; 20x nothing is still nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the ones who really need the kaioken are the Filipino animators

• Locked thread