Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Cicadas! posted:

They don't still do this? :confused: Is this PC or PS4, because I could swear they do that in my game.

They definitely don't anymore - Treadnaught went from an instant run killer to easier than Cannonbalrog for me once they made the change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
That's it. I'm officially the worst person at this game.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
That is the saddest image

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Cicadas! posted:

They don't still do this? :confused: Is this PC or PS4, because I could swear they do that in my game.

PS4 doesn't have any of the latest patches so no key fix and no tank fix. I can't wait for the patch to finally hit PS4.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

At least this dev pushes their patches to PC as soon as they are ready, instead of waiting to make them parallel on consoles which inevitably takes ages due to the patching costs on consoles. It improves everyone's experience, because PC gets patches earlier and consoles get more bug-free patches because if a patch breaks something, it will have been detected on the PC version already.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Finished Dragun kill quest and what is the random kill quest I get next? Shambling Rounds! gently caress you Frifle and Grey Mauser!

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Einwand posted:

Man if you think treadnaught's bad you should've seen it when his adds would lead their shots.

They still lead despite the patch notes saying they don't. I've checked (on PC).

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Finished Dragun kill quest and what is the random kill quest I get next? Shambling Rounds! gently caress you Frifle and Grey Mauser!

Well, at least it's only 5 hedgemony instead of an unlockable, so don't worry about it.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Monomythian posted:

Have they patched the "fun" into this game yet?

Have you tried getting good? I heard it makes the game fun if you aren't as loving terrible as your posting is.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

parthenocarpy posted:

I`m at 133 hours, no rainbow or glitch chest

That's almost five hours per day :psyduck: I have 64 hours, but I suspect a good dozen of those are due to leaving the game running while I do other things. It really needs a save and quit function.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Is there a cheat engine way to give yourself certain items? I would love to just have every run have the clone.

NeonCowboy
Oct 9, 2009

I see y'all flashing, diamond, dancing, shining /
Keep your head up
I have every achievement except for Lead God. I really want to close this out, but waiting on a Clone run is getting dull as gently caress.

Plus it's a bullshit way to get the cheevo regardless.

I dunno. gently caress this game.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

NeonCowboy posted:

What a dumb loving game. I hate how I'm being forced to play it even though it's no fun, but that's the law. :(

Stellar criticism there, champ.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Got a Clone item, made it to the Lich, died.

Things didn't go so good for the Lich on the second time around.

I think I'm going to hang the game up now, cheating myself infinite keys made it a lot more fun but it's also over with a lot faster when I'm not always banging my head on the RNG.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

NeonCowboy posted:

I have every achievement except for Lead God. I really want to close this out, but waiting on a Clone run is getting dull as gently caress.

Plus it's a bullshit way to get the cheevo regardless.

I dunno. gently caress this game.

It can also be earned in Boss Rush mode. Since you fight all of the bosses from each chamber you get multiple chances for every master round except #5.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

120 runs in and I finally had one of those runs all these shitposters talk about where you don't get any good guns or any ammo, and died to the dragun because the marine pistol doesn't do much. Had a lot of passive items but none of the damage ones, and my gun selection was something like the r, fish barrel, mac 10, that skull gun that shoots oil, the charm bow, and the grenade launcher.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You only get one master round per floor in boss rush. You can't get lead god because you can't pick up the fifth master round in boss rush either.

NeonCowboy
Oct 9, 2009

I see y'all flashing, diamond, dancing, shining /
Keep your head up

John Lee posted:

Stellar criticism there, champ.

Don't be dense. Having 47 out of 48 achievements is a nuisance and you know it.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

NeonCowboy posted:

yeah but it's Steam achivements.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

damnfan posted:

I got tired of looking at the wiki all the time and decided to make my own version of PlatinumGod for this game. http://simonnguyen.github.io/

Since I had no web development experience this was fun to make although I used more libraries than I should have. It's all on github so if any of you have suggestions, fixes, or whatever feel free to contribute.

This is so great, more people should tell you how great it is.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I gave the game another shot. Won one of those gauntlet shrines, got the map item, and went to the hidden room. Chest was a mimic.

I can take a hint.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Agh, I got to High Dragun for the first time... Didn't make it there with enough health to make it past his bullet hell phase, though. I ran out of ammo with my good guns and switched to the mermaid water gun about 1/4 way through and it seemed to be doing tons of damage. Makes sense!

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012

Kiranamos posted:

This is so great, more people should tell you how great it is.

Glad to hear you like it! I noticed some items are missing. That will be fixed in the next release along with new sort options.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

NeonCowboy posted:

Obsessively playing a game you clearly don't like (anymore, or to begin with as the case may be), solely for the sake of completionism, is ridiculous and bad and you are objectively the one responsible for any lack of enjoyment derived from your own leisure time. Hope this helps

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NeonCowboy posted:

What's it like to have a broken brain? :shobon: You can just walk away from the game you know?

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

If you don't like the game and not having all the achievements really bugs you, wouldn't it be best to simply remove the game from your Steam library rather than wasting more of your valuable time trying to attain 100% completion?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Was playing another game this morning and got a message saying that a new update hit the ps4, anyone know what it is?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Blockner is a piece of poo poo cuz he's tiny and has too much health

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Getting the BSG on the first floor of your run is just ridiculous. Oneshots entire rooms up until chamber 4 onwards and even then is still better than anything I'd picked up on the run.

Papal Infallibility
May 7, 2008

Stay Down Champion Stay Down

Gamerofthegame posted:

Blockner is a piece of poo poo cuz he's tiny and has too much health

Remember those knights from the first floor? And how you can get at just the right angle so that avoiding their attack is a matter of just sidestepping it since you're at the edge of it rather than dodge rolling over it? You can do the same to him, at which point the fight is a walk in the park.

Speaking of great items, Master of Unlocking first floor makes the game shower you with keys. I mean, my luck was garbage the rest of the run seeing as how the highest-tier weapons I got were the loving Charm Bow and RUBE-ADYNE Prototype but I still credit that thing for carrying me all the way to the Dragun.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

The Charmed Bow is actually pretty good, just not as a means of killing things directly. You can get a lot of mileage out of it by walking into every room with it fully drawn and immediately shooting the scariest/most annoying enemy you see to charm them on the spot, giving you more breathing room to reposition while the monsters fight each other. It's also great in one-on-one fights against obnoxious enemies like Lead Maidens since they'll just kinda wander around while they're charmed. If you use it exclusively for the charm effect, it can make things a lot easier on you.

Papal Infallibility
May 7, 2008

Stay Down Champion Stay Down

Angry Diplomat posted:

The Charmed Bow is actually pretty good, just not as a means of killing things directly. You can get a lot of mileage out of it by walking into every room with it fully drawn and immediately shooting the scariest/most annoying enemy you see to charm them on the spot, giving you more breathing room to reposition while the monsters fight each other. It's also great in one-on-one fights against obnoxious enemies like Lead Maidens since they'll just kinda wander around while they're charmed. If you use it exclusively for the charm effect, it can make things a lot easier on you.

Yeah, nothing will convince me that it isn't absolute worst in class for its tier by a wide margin. I guess my issue isn't so much that I don't find that charming enemies is useful as that it seems to be absolutely terrible at doing so. It typically takes a few hits before it takes effect and it doesn't seem to last for more than one or two volleys. Also, while I am not completely certain about this, I'm like 99% sure that almost every enemy you'd really want to use it on like Shambling Rounds or Shelletons are just outright immune to the effect. At least the Love Shotgun can quickly and repeatedly hit multiple enemies at once and turn a crowd against itself.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I'm not totally sure what to tell you. It virtually always charms for me as long as I make sure it's fully drawn. I've definitely charmed everything from the giant screaming heads to the golden laser skeletons and Jammed zombie summons with it, too. :confused:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Charming doesn't make you immune to a charmed enemies bullets so have a big enemy charmed and still firing all over the place doesn't help you. Charmed bow sucks

Cerebro
May 1, 2009

Having the Ring of Triggers turns the IBOMB Companion App into a Tammy's Head :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2y3P0x8nLw

This combo was hilarious and I wish I found Blackhole Gun or Railgun on this run but I'm completely satisfied covering the room with meat followed by legions of tigers!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Angry Diplomat posted:

I'm not totally sure what to tell you. It virtually always charms for me as long as I make sure it's fully drawn. I've definitely charmed everything from the giant screaming heads to the golden laser skeletons and Jammed zombie summons with it, too. :confused:

I've found it a very ammo efficient way to help clean out rooms.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

enojy posted:

Agh, I got to High Dragun for the first time... Didn't make it there with enough health to make it past his bullet hell phase, though. I ran out of ammo with my good guns and switched to the mermaid water gun about 1/4 way through and it seemed to be doing tons of damage. Makes sense!

this isn't just because the dragun is fire-themed, btw. the siren is the single best blue-tier gun and the best reason to open blue chests even if holding onto a key might get a green or better later

Cerebro
May 1, 2009

IIRC The Siren also negates fall damage and gets rid of poison/fire puddles.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cerebro posted:

IIRC The Siren also negates fall damage and gets rid of poison/fire puddles.

Anything that spreads puddles can get rid of different puddles by overwriting them.

But the Siren makes you immune to those puddles (or at least to poison) even without shooting the gun to cover them with water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Gungine makes you immune to fire and possibly poison without saying so. Presumably because it encourages you to go to fire and poison pools to refill ammo.