Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

blue footed boobie posted:

advancedstats.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

*i hope this is clear. I've had a bit too much double IPA to manage the iPhone keyboard as effectively as I'd like

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

The fact remains that Leicester are still a big bunch of unknowns and no one in Dar-es-salaam, Colombo, Suva or Miami is going to shell out big bucks to buy a Leicester City t-shirt, or a Foxes imprinted pair of track-pants.

on the other hand, buying an leicester shirt at this point in time is the single most american thing anyone could ever do

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

This feelgood worldwide headline will be terrible for business

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Leicester City’s title win is the worst thing to have happened to football

quote:

Jean-Philippe Toussaint, in his recent book Football, observes that the sport is ‘measured and appreciated’ in the imagination. Toussaint, an intellectually fanatical supporter of the Belgian national team, is used to failure. Indeed, he is an acolyte of the view that football support is built on failure. After all, aren’t the grown men and women on the terraces of English stadia simply not good enough for a place on the pitch? Am I not, in writing passionately about football, merely replacing the frustration of not being the world-class midfielder that I was born to be?

quote:

And it’s not just Leicester that has a problem. It’s a trope of most dystopian fiction that a single voice against tyranny sows the seeds of rebellion. Leicester have lit the blue touch paper for fans of West Ham, Stoke, Southampton, Everton, Palace…who knows who else? Their fans didn’t expect to win the Premier League title, but they now expect it to be a possibility. They believe that the autocracy of the Big Four has been ended. But they’ve got the wrong enemy; the true tyrant is success. The small crumbs of victory offered by the footballing world cannot be spread across every team, that’s a simple fact. Yet every team will now be desperate to sup, as Leicester have supped, at the high table of the footballing gods.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Leicester City is the Ukip of the football world. A small club with a meagre budget punching way above its weight while playing attractive football that people want to watch. For months the "expects" have been predicting that Leicester's bubble will burst, they were wrong.
How good it is to see the fine people of Leicester enjoying their city's success, I hope on June 24 they will be celebrating another victory of the small upstart defeating the arrogant establishment.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Syncopated posted:

Leicester City is the Ukip of the football world. A small club with a meagre budget punching way above its weight while playing attractive football that people want to watch. For months the "expects" have been predicting that Leicester's bubble will burst, they were wrong.
How good it is to see the fine people of Leicester enjoying their city's success, I hope on June 24 they will be celebrating another victory of the small upstart defeating the arrogant establishment.

Wrong thread.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

https://twitter.com/kingarturo23/status/727544767798726656

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Looks like an animorphs cover

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Cue 80's workout montage.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Makes sense since he's a huge pussy on the pitch.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQUUf_d_tGc

Andnook
Mar 10, 2005

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

wrong thread

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

lmao

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

definitely lmao worthy and wrong thread

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lol, also that bus stop is clearly in use.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
I understand that the Leicester City football club have come top of some football league or other. I do think you should have celebrated this achievement. Only 11 pages in the sports section and one full page in the news section hardly seems adequate. What will you do if they win the Champion’s League – bring out a special edition? And yes, I am a Tottenham Hotspur fan.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36231379

quote:

West Ham have become the first club in the UK to sign a professional video game competitor by employing esports player Sean Allen.

Allen, 24, who is known by his gaming name Dragonn, will represent the Hammers at Fifa video game tournaments.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
whats bad/funny/goony about that? Esports is a fast growing industry and you'll get eyes on your brand, seems like a good idea to me.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
wolfsburg already have some esports players too.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

His gaming name, Dragonn. Did Neal Stephenson write this?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

US leicester fan here. Other than the occasional piece on sportscenter there isnt too much from what I have seen. Almost everything i see is on reddit

edit - since everyone is asking me when i started supporting leicester. I began supporting them at the beginning of the season (when i said year before i meant season). They caught my attention at the end of last year and i fell in love with the team this year. But apparently on this sub you cant be a real fan of leicester if you live in the us. I am watching every game they play with a leicester flag around my shoulders passionately cheering for leicester win or lose

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Brendan Rodgers posted:

edit - since everyone is asking me when i started supporting leicester. I began supporting them at the beginning of the season (when i said year before i meant season).

I heard "racist orgy sex tape" and realized I had finally found my club

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Brendan Rodgers posted:

US leicester fan here. Other than the occasional piece on sportscenter there isnt too much from what I have seen. Almost everything i see is on reddit

edit - since everyone is asking me when i started supporting leicester. I began supporting them at the beginning of the season (when i said year before i meant season). They caught my attention at the end of last year and i fell in love with the team this year. But apparently on this sub you cant be a real fan of leicester if you live in the us. I am watching every game they play with a leicester flag around my shoulders passionately cheering for leicester win or lose

love it

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I need more...

well honsetly i dont really care what you guys think of it. im enjoying this season and ill enjoy seasons to come regardless of outcome. im just grateful that leicester has brought me closer to this wonderful game

I think thats part of being in the US. Even as someone who has watched the premiere league pretty often Leicester was a name that was almost never mentioned until the end of last year. I never had a team to root for i just enjoyed watching football until leicester

Ok, one more...

Last year towards the end of the season when they were escaping relegation. I really enjoyed them then and never had a team i pulled for so i followed them. Never expected this but its been a hell of a time. Im extremely happy that we are gonna win the league but i im happier for all the life long dedicated fans that have stuck by this team through everything. The leicester sub is pretty small but there is a lot of passion there with people who have loved this team since birth and im happy i can share this great experience with them. That being said I cant see myself ever pulling for another team especially after all the joy theyve provided me this year.

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 6, 2016

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I just know there must be furries who now are passionate Leicester fans and gently caress while wearing fox fursuits with Vardy shirts. Anyone brave enough to investigate?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Simone Poodoin posted:

I just know there must be furries who now are passionate Leicester fans and gently caress while wearing fox fursuits with Vardy shirts. Anyone brave enough to investigate?

Source your quotes.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Simone Poodoin posted:

Rule 34.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Simone Poodoin posted:

With Leicester City still 7 points ahead of second place, I've been wondering that since their symbol is a fox, are there any furries backing the Leicester City Foxes?

I am not a fan, definitely interested. If they don't get destroyed in the UCL next season I'll be impressed.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
http://footballisfixed.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/webb-of-lies.html

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus christ

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
I couldn't make it past:

quote:

We, The Arbitrageurs Of The NeoHyperrealities Of Post-Structuralist Football - Exposing Corruption Since 2006

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
hello

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

right thread

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

quote:

Dilly Ding Dilly Dong

Dilly Ding - Vichai Met Shin
Dilly Dong - Monopoly Belong

Dilly Ding - A Power King
Dilly Dong - Bought Club For A Song

Dilly Ding - Blood Doping
Dilly Dong - Nothing Wrong

Dilly Ding - A Matchfixing Thing
Dilly Dong - Corruption All Along

Dilly Ding - Insider Trading
Dilly Dong - Going Long

Dilly Ding Dilly Dong

And Doping And Fixing Bring
The Premier League Title Gong

Dilly loving Ding
Dilly loving Dong

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Apparently that website offers services?

quote:

Sports’ Analytics took off in 2014 with numerous entities being established or consolidated; unfortunately, none of these bodies are looking at the key data.

This has now changed with the launch of a new business – Matchfixing Analytics

We address corruption and matchfixing in football in both grey and black markets utilising bespoke analytics and forensics together with enhanced modelling and unique holistics.

We offer High Level Consultancies for all areas of the global football industry and linked sectors – clubs, market makers, regulators, government, integrity monitoring bodies, agents, advocacy groups, analytics operations, police and institutional bodies.

All markets are functions of economic and psychological mechanisms but this formal construct is entirely delegitimised by the corrosive roles of corruption and insider trading, particularly in lightly regulated sectors like football. The resultant hologram of hyperreality is pure neo-Bayesian with chaotic statistical disorder.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Crazy Ted posted:

quote:

The resultant hologram of hyperreality is pure neo-Bayesian with chaotic statistical disorder.
So that's what Timecube guy is up to now.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
14CFC15-15LCFC16 3 points 1 month ago
I'm committed to Leicester for another two years. Will have to see where life takes me next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

TheBigAristotle posted:

14CFC15-15LCFC16 3 points 1 month ago
I'm committed to Leicester for another two years. Will have to see where life takes me next.

....Josh?