Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Xolve posted:

"Friends" shouldn't depend on an in-game standing list- if they're your friends they probably won't care who you fly with as long as you're having fun.

Why this needs to be said, I'll never know. Some of you people are loving odd.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Dalael posted:

I think blacklisting is a step too far imo. Zepherine and the other JF people moved over 70T isk worth of stuff with absolutely no complaint. If she had wanted to do damage on her way out, she could have done so. And imho, stealing from line members is more hurtful than stealing the alliance wallet. She hasn't done it and the post she made was on goonfleet only. In my opinion, she's leaving in good terms and I can't begrudge her that.

God speed Zepherine.

The blacklist she was entered into is a functional beast. It is not primarily intended as a mark of shame. It flags her gf.com account so that she loses forums access and cannot rejoin through the normal auth procedure. That doesn't mean she can't ever come back, just that she'll have to have a chat with someone before she returns. This is completely normal and necessary for people who depart to our enemies. Especially the enemies who just took space from us, which we're now actively retaking. Every competent alliance does this, and if it bothers you I don't know what to say.

Presumably you're upset because of the stigma associated with being on a blacklist? Okay. All I can say is that she's the one who posted about how she was on a blacklist, If she hadn't, no one would have known (unless you know what to look for on the forums).

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

hostiles 6 months ago "why don't you reduce the number of people in your coalition, it will be ~more fun~"

hostiles now "why are you reducing the number of people in your coalition, what about your friends"

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

hostiles 6 months ago "why don't you reduce the number of people in your coalition, it will be ~more fun~"

hostiles now "why are you reducing the number of people in your coalition, what about your friends"

I mean... 6 months ago you also said the Imperium was invincible, so :shrug:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Glory of Arioch posted:

CFC 6 months ago "no, you're just mad that nobody likes you"

CFC now "didn't want those allies anyways"

ftfy

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
no ordo, bad

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I'm not your monkey

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Landsknecht posted:

I'm not your monkey

Of course not that would be an insult to monkeys.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
monkeys for instance, are capable of learning

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Walked right into it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

:henget:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

A monkey wouldn't

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
so how's the space empire doing?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Speaking of monkeys, is someone willing to summarize this article? http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/3/11526524/eve-online-war

TRIGGER WARNING: Ben Kuchera slupped this one out, so the article may be a literal piece of poo poo.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Maneck posted:

The blacklist she was entered into is a functional beast. It is not primarily intended as a mark of shame. It flags her gf.com account so that she loses forums access and cannot rejoin through the normal auth procedure. That doesn't mean she can't ever come back, just that she'll have to have a chat with someone before she returns. This is completely normal and necessary for people who depart to our enemies. Especially the enemies who just took space from us, which we're now actively retaking. Every competent alliance does this, and if it bothers you I don't know what to say.

Presumably you're upset because of the stigma associated with being on a blacklist? Okay. All I can say is that she's the one who posted about how she was on a blacklist, If she hadn't, no one would have known (unless you know what to look for on the forums).

This is bs there are plenty of people who have left gsf that are merely vacationed and not purposely on the black list which was a huge pain in the dick to ever get people off of because the normal line is "well they are probably on here for good reason *stares at endless sea of blacklist entries with the reason tag empty* "

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zasze posted:

This is bs there are plenty of people who have left gsf that are merely vacationed and not purposely on the black list which was a huge pain in the dick to ever get people off of because the normal line is "well they are probably on here for good reason *stares at endless sea of blacklist entries with the reason tag empty* "

Reading comprehension.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
the blacklist is a good idea because I don't want to play with people who might offend the sensibilities of the directorate

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Zasze posted:

Did they publicly announce they were leaving us for Pandemic Legion Pandemic Horde prior to their departure?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zasze posted:

Not people that have immediately gone to Goonswarm's direct enemies during a conflict. Are you retarded?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

vyst posted:

Not people that have immediately gone to Goonswarm's direct enemies during a conflict. Are you retarded?

Isn't this practically everyone outside of High Sec at this point though?

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

vyst posted:

Who isnt our direct enemies at this point? So is the only safe place some rando russian corp?

You can say im retarded and dont have reading comprehension but it seems a bit silly to black list a hauler who was an all around ok person rather than just strip all their access specially when they didnt steal anything.

Im pretty sure every single member of bat that went to PL isnt black listed and they literally just did that though i can double check that it seems a weird line to draw in the sand thats all.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Zasze posted:

Who isnt our direct enemies at this point? So is the only safe place some rando russian corp?

You can say im retarded and dont have reading comprehension but it seems a bit silly to black list a hauler who was an all around ok person rather than just strip all their access specially when they didnt steal anything.

Im pretty sure every single member of bat that went to PL isnt black listed and they literally just did that though i can double check that it seems a weird line to draw in the sand thats all.

well the black list isnt a black list per se, its just a safety measure for people who join ~the enemy~

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Xolve posted:

Isn't this practically everyone outside of High Sec at this point though?

Highsec is one of our enemies :colbert:

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
In a non-clusterfuck portion of the war question, what's going on with the Russians? Seems like xDeathx was all gung ho to slap Drone Walkers around and, as far as I can tell, there was a brief couple days of mass entosising which was never followed up on and gently caress all since then.

Edit:
Drone Walkers were flying around defending Fade last night which is what sparked the interest.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Xenothral posted:

I took a few pictures of that mining op! A shame we weren't all in a belt all close together to get a family photo though.

Here's a shot of Rock with my Skiff in the background!

And here's another of my Skiff and another corp mate's Procurer.

I have a bunch of other pictures but they're mostly just my Skiff being surrounded by rocks.

These are fantastic! Thank you :)

Orions Lord posted:

I killed some miners last few days.
If you require more mining space I can kill the miners around you little rock so the belts are all yours.

I will set your corporation blue to avoid ''confusion'' .

Please don't murder other innocent miners for me. I am OK with other people doing mining alongside us. There is enough of the belts for everyone. :(

Tangerines posted:

You're really close to getting me to do something stupid and do this VG. Sell it to me! Why should I join?

Well you don't have to! We are just friends who mine and chat and explore and enjoy the vast open space of EVE! If this sounds cool then by all means, welcome aboard friend!

Ad by Khad posted:

We'll sweat this stuff later, though. For now VG, you just keep on bein' you.

This I can definitely do!

Archenteron posted:

EXPLORATION :D

When I get more confident I am so, SO up for a tour around EVE seeing awesome sights :D I'll have to do it at a weekend too when I can get some proper time that aligns with everyone else's timezone!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zasze posted:

when did bat leave and when did we started getting invaded

now when did the person who got blacklisted leave with the statement "im joining your enemy"

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

It'll be amazing to look back on Videogames' posts in a couple of months when he is a raging inferno of constant supercap scams and suicide ganking.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zasze posted:

i would expect anyone coming direct from pl, including bat guys, would get a good deal of additional scrutiny before getting accepted given that they are even more hostile than horde

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zasze posted:

Just because you're an OK person doesn't make you automatically welcome back from our enemies that worked to TAKE GOONSWARM'S SOV. Like do you not see the inherent security risk in this or what? Do you need a loving crayon drawing?

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

vyst posted:

Just because you're an OK person doesn't make you automatically welcome back from our enemies that worked to TAKE GOONSWARM'S SOV. Like do you not see the inherent security risk in this or what? Do you need a loving crayon drawing?

Just because you have fingers to type doesn't mean you should do so.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

mpaarating posted:

Just because you have fingers to type doesn't mean you should do so.

Got me good there. The ol' "lol you shouldn't post" burn.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

evilweasel posted:

i would expect anyone coming direct from pl, including bat guys, would get a good deal of additional scrutiny before getting accepted given that they are even more hostile than horde

Its too bad that corp history and poo poo is hidden in CREST, i suppose this is why a widely cast blacklist makes sense. I've been pushing Groon to blacklist dudes that don't log in once a week for fleets. It's been going over pretty well and so far we've managed to not lose any sov.

I do solution architecting if you guys are interested.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
jokine having a concern meltdown

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

vyst posted:

Got me good there. The ol' "lol you shouldn't post" burn.

That's the best i've got today, the rest is just downhill. :woop:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

vyst posted:

Chill dude i didn't say LEAVE ACCESS ITS ALL GOOD but there has always been a difference in removing someone from the alliance and stripping access and the black list. Its a level of severity that previously was left for people who actively hosed gsf over if thats changed and its now just a blanket case for marking everyone in a hostile alliance thats fine.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The Zephrine thing makes me a bit bummed out, because PH is literally the worst possible place to go if you want to do space-work and be appreciated for it.

I don't think MBC replicates siren-swarm in any org, or has any cultural nicety, so enjoy an endless stream of HURR HURRRR GURLL SANDWICHHHH every time you speak Zephrine :(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Helicon One posted:

It'll be amazing to look back on Videogames' posts in a couple of months when he is a raging inferno of constant supercap scams and suicide ganking.

I really hope this does not happen!

Just briefly logged on to check the corporation skill thing and apparently I am already level 3? I don't know what I'm doing but can't play EVE just yet, though I did capture that lovely picture above of Jita! Then a little message flashed up saying someone had activated a capsule explosion thingy and it would be gone in 120 seconds. I'm not sure what that was about.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

I mean... 6 months ago you also said the Imperium was invincible, so :shrug:

no you and the rest of eve did

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Zasze posted:

Chill dude i didn't say LEAVE ACCESS ITS ALL GOOD but there has always been a difference in removing someone from the alliance and stripping access and the black list. Its a level of severity that previously was left for people who actively hosed gsf over if thats changed and its now just a blanket case for marking everyone in a hostile alliance thats fine.

why are you so concerned about who we do and don't let into our space clan guild, especially when you aren't in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

well the black list isnt a black list per se, its just a safety measure for people who join ~the enemy~

If this is the case, maybe people would feel better if they gave it a different name, like the time-out corner or the danger zone? Angelique definitely belongs in those places.

• Locked thread