Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Zasze posted:

Chill dude i didn't say LEAVE ACCESS ITS ALL GOOD but there has always been a difference in removing someone from the alliance and stripping access and the black list. Its a level of severity that previously was left for people who actively hosed gsf over if thats changed and its now just a blanket case for marking everyone in a hostile alliance thats fine.

I mean, I'm pretty sure there was a dude in this thread that got blacklisted for drunkposting poo poo to the SA thread and was removed from said blacklist after he asked them to so that he could rejoin.

It sounds like a way just to keep people from inviting people we removed without them contacting us first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
friendzone would probably be familiar and stinging to most of the nerds in this thread.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
man this thread went places

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

mpaarating posted:

friendzone would probably be familiar and stinging to most of the nerds in this thread.

this is a funny reason to rename it, and certainly more valid than any amount of pearl clutching over the MORAL IMPURITY of a blacklist

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

VideoGames posted:

Then a little message flashed up saying someone had activated a capsule explosion thingy and it would be gone in 120 seconds. I'm not sure what that was about.

That's probably someone activated self-destruction on their capsule, unless you did the same on your ship, but then you'll see a countdown.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Foehammer007 posted:

man this thread went places

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Glory of Arioch posted:

this is a funny reason to rename it, and certainly more valid than any amount of pearl clutching over the MORAL IMPURITY of a blacklist

Tone it down dude i never said moral impurity of the blacklist it just seemed a bit extreme for the crime, you're a director now so you probably know whats going on with that stuff more than my dumb rear end im not trying to start a riot but it seemed a bit back lashy and directed rather than the normal way the blacklist used to be handled, you're right its none of my business anymore sorry for the derail.

edit: fixed bad phone typing

Zasze fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 4, 2016

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Just briefly logged on to check the corporation skill thing and apparently I am already level 3? I don't know what I'm doing but can't play EVE just yet, though I did capture that lovely picture above of Jita! Then a little message flashed up saying someone had activated a capsule explosion thingy and it would be gone in 120 seconds. I'm not sure what that was about.

You will need to update the CEO skills in the corp interface for the corporation to understand the CEO has new skills.
Eve is ... coded interestingly.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Zasze posted:

Tone it down dude i never said moral impurity of the blacklist it just seemed a bit extreme for the crime, your a director now so you probably know whats going on with that stuff more than my dumb rear end im not trying to start a riot but it seemed a bit back lashy and directed rather than the normal way the blacklist used to be handled, Your right its none of my business anymore sorry for the derail.

Its to the friendzone with you buster boo. No more sharing blankets.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

paging Viva Miriya to the thread to talk about his experiences with the imperium blacklist

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

when did bat leave and when did we started getting invaded

now when did the person who got blacklisted leave with the statement "im joining your enemy"

technically a person who went back to PL recently (because he missed ratting - such good timing a few days before M-O...) got kicked pretty quickly but that's understandable since it's wartime and it was fair to presume that he might have been a spy. But yeah, up until we were actively at war there was an open door for bat people to join gsf.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zasze posted:

Tone it down dude i never said moral impurity of the blacklist it just seemed a bit extreme for the crime, your a director now so you probably know whats going on with that stuff more than my dumb rear end im not trying to start a riot but it seemed a bit back lashy and directed rather than the normal way the blacklist used to be handled, Your right its none of my business anymore sorry for the derail.

you're, you're

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

technically a person who went back to PL recently (because he missed ratting - such good timing a few days before M-O...) got kicked pretty quickly but that's understandable since it's wartime and it was fair to presume that he might have been a spy. But yeah, up until we were actively at war there was an open door for bat people to join gsf.

that was my point yes ty also hello endie are you still renovating

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Can a few more 3rd parties come in and tell us how to use our blacklist, and to opine as to why it's a bad thing?
I'm not sure we have heard from every group yet.

Could you also give examples of people in your org flipping to an enemy during active sov conflicts and being allowed access to things?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nessin posted:

In a non-clusterfuck portion of the war question, what's going on with the Russians? Seems like xDeathx was all gung ho to slap Drone Walkers around and, as far as I can tell, there was a brief couple days of mass entosising which was never followed up on and gently caress all since then.

Edit:
Drone Walkers were flying around defending Fade last night which is what sparked the interest.

Death & Drone Walkers sorted out their issue, mostly by Death & Co. saying Walkers won't be bothered by them as they were affecting the DRFs renters and that's not good for business.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Khablam posted:

Can a few more 3rd parties come in and tell us how to use our blacklist, and to opine as to why it's a bad thing?
I'm not sure we have heard from every group yet.

Could you also give examples of people in your org flipping to an enemy during active sov conflicts and being allowed access to things?

Easy there bud, no one knows who you are so just chill yourself a bit.

edit: *friendzone. Blacklist is racially insensitive tbh

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
And Test had a blacklist that was entirely public as far as I remember (it might have been that you needed a forums account but hey, that's not a high bar). It's no news to anyone that I'm critical of various things that the imperium has done but the blacklist is not one of those things..

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

mpaarating posted:

Easy there bud, no one knows who you are so just chill yourself a bit.

edit: *friendzone. Blacklist is racially insensitive tbh

please do not use the chill meme

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Khablam posted:

The Zephrine thing makes me a bit bummed out, because PH is literally the worst possible place to go if you want to do space-work and be appreciated for it.

I don't think MBC replicates siren-swarm in any org, or has any cultural nicety, so enjoy an endless stream of HURR HURRRR GURLL SANDWICHHHH every time you speak Zephrine :(

PL seems to crack down on people who get out of line with bigotry. I kept an eye out for the whole "goon coon" thing but I haven't seen it yet. It's probably out there somewhere though.

Horde is surprisingly similar to karmafleet. Shobons flailing their arms and staff running around tending them and handing out free ships and skillbooks.

O1Y-ED local is a mirror of Saranen local. Hostile fleet shows up and asks why everyone is docked. Local is filled with trash talk for a while and then hostiles leave and things return to normal.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

that was my point yes ty also hello endie are you still renovating

I am, yes: I had to delay the addition of the second storey on my house until September, and the sad fact is that I couldn't do it in May-August because I don't have the heart to execute the baby birds in the nests in my current roof when I remove that, so having missed April, it had to be autumn.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Endie posted:

And Test had a blacklist that was entirely public as far as I remember (it might have been that you needed a forums account but hey, that's not a high bar). It's no news to anyone that I'm critical of various things that the imperium has done but the blacklist is not one of those things..

It was public, and no longer a thing apparently http://blacklist.pleaseignore.com

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

PL seems to crack down on people who get out of line with bigotry. I kept an eye out for the whole "goon coon" thing but I haven't seen it yet. It's probably out there somewhere though.

Horde is surprisingly similar to karmafleet. Shobons flailing their arms and staff running around tending them and handing out free ships and skillbooks.

O1Y-ED local is a mirror of Saranen local. Hostile fleet shows up and asks why everyone is docked. Local is filled with trash talk for a while and then hostiles leave and things return to normal.

of course its there, jeffraider says it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

I am, yes: I had to delay the addition of the second storey on my house until September, and the sad fact is that I couldn't do it in May-August because I don't have the heart to execute the baby birds in the nests in my current roof when I remove that, so having missed April, it had to be autumn.

rip

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

What can possibly go wrong with taking the roof off your house in autumn in a temperate maritime climate?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

of course its there, jeffraider says it

Seems a bit hypocritical to play the racially insensitive card when you have 'the Direkkktorate', 'Jewball' and nerds running around stylizing themselves as 3rd Reich Generals.

Just sayin'

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khablam posted:

so enjoy an endless stream of HURR HURRRR GURLL SANDWICHHHH every time you speak Zephrine :(

That's not been a thing ever tolerated on Horde comms, let alone PL comms for the entire time I've been a member. Then again, since you've been in neither group ever so I'm not really surprised you made something stupid up.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Endie posted:

What can possibly go wrong with taking the roof off your house in autumn in a temperate maritime climate?

It's great because afterwards you can grow chanterelle's in the attic.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Xolve posted:

Seems a bit hypocritical to play the racially insensitive card when you have 'the Direkkktorate', 'Jewball' and nerds running around stylizing themselves as 3rd Reich Generals.

Just sayin'

Considering goonswarm's enemies came up with direkkktorate this is pretty funny

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

Just sayin'

those things are all me and somehow relevant to "ive been watching for this specific thing" right you stupid rear end in a top hat

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

those things are all me and somehow relevant to "ive been watching for this specific thing" right you stupid rear end in a top hat

Rude.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Considering goonswarm's enemies came up with direkkktorate this is pretty funny

Did GSFs enemies come up with the "niggertown" name for a Mumble channel as well?

Edit - Did that ever get changed or are people still clinging to their need for racial slurs?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you acting like I have any part of the dumb poo poo you're talking about as some sort of poo poo gently caress defense for your poo poo gently caress leaders is rude

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
stop being the government of china THE UNNAMED ALLIANCE HAS DONE *BAD THING* THEREFORE YOU CANNOT CRITICIZE ME DOING *BAD THING*

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Did GSFs enemies come up with the "niggertown" name for a Mumble channel as well?

What does this have to do with jeffraider being a racist? Or better yet gsf leadership that has been pretty strict on this poo poo as of the past couple years.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

What does this have to do with jeffraider being a racist? Or better yet gsf leadership that has been pretty strict on this poo poo as of the past couple years.

If they've been strict on that stuff, why was the channel name not permanently changed and those constantly changing it back told to gently caress off with that stuff?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

That's not been a thing ever tolerated on Horde comms, let alone PL comms for the entire time I've been a member. Then again, since you've been in neither group ever so I'm not really surprised you made something stupid up.

It's utterly pervasive in Eve Online pubby groups, and since PH is just "apply -> accept" it's pretty drat likely to pass over.
Also I have an alt in PH so I know they're chucklefucks on most things, I just haven't witnessed a female make themselves known.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

If they've been strict on that stuff, why was the channel name not permanently changed and those constantly changing it back told to gently caress off with that stuff?

Does it still exist? I don't have access to gsf mumble anymore so I don't know. Or are you clinging to life the flimsy argument.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Zephyrine posted:

Didn't Grath Telkin have an unintentionally public meltdown in which he unironically said words I would like to keep out of my phone's typing tree? Did he ever even apologize for that?

The entire Eve community has big problems with this (GSF included, call me a PC tittybaby all you want) but it seems like an odd claim to the high ground.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Morris posted:

Didn't Grath Telkin have an unintentionally public meltdown in which he unironically said words I would like to keep out of my phone's typing tree? Did he ever even apologize for that?

The entire Eve community has big problems with this (GSF included, call me a PC tittybaby all you want) but it seems like an odd claim to the high ground.

Oh! Link!

Edit: Also internet spaceships leaders saying stupid stuff in public glass houses.

I still want to hear this one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
While probably not a nice or chill thing to do, using racial slurs doesn't automatically make someone a racist. From all reports, Grath let his slaves free not long ago.

• Locked thread