Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

KO Derf posted:

Happy Star Wars Day everyone!

Anyone know of some good sales? I see GOG is having their usual, plus they just added Shadows of the Empire.

Battlefront is 60% off.

It's garnered a lot of mixed reviews and strong opinions, but I really enjoy it, recognizing it's not perfect.

A lot of it stands on the presentation, and for my money there's no Star Wars gaming experience quite like a round of Walker Assault, with player-piloted TIEs and X-Wings strafing you (between air to air furballs) while an objective-based battle that is cleverly designed to alternate which side is on the offensive and defensive, generate fighting withdraws, and alternating careful defenses/attacks versus just frenzied all-out mayhem. All of it in pitch-perfect surround and pixel-perfect high fidelity graphics.

Calling the "single player" vestigial would be giving it too much credit, and it's got its flaws and balance issues. But for the sale price if you like nice kinetic multiplayer and the gee-whiz factor of storming a Rebel trench backed up by a towering walker, this is the poo poo.

I picked up an off-brand corded Xbox controller for my PC just so I could fly circles around poor fools trying to fly fighters with K+M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the

Corbeau posted:

Wait, you're in Seattle?

... Do you play at Card Kingdom? If so, the odds are very high that you've met Some Numbers and I in person. Multiple times.

I'm mostly on the Eastside. I'm planning on going to Meeples next Wednesday, so maybe I'll catch you there.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Aramoro posted:

It's got no 3 hard turn and no 1 forwards, with no discretionary movement options built in and no special movement options like s-loop etc. It's incredibly unagile, making it hard to catch interceptors etc but at the same time it's not tough enough to straight up joust with larger ships. So the dial combined with it's lack of other choices really make it struggle.

The K-fighter's dial would be fine if it was particularly efficient but it's not. It could really stand to be 18-19 points.

The 1-hard is a powerful move but the rest of the ship sucks.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Been flying the inquisitor more often now and since i'm used to inties and their two speed greens, it's weird having only one speed greens. In some respects it is better but it does seem to have limitations to me as the TAP just doesn't have the speed of the interceptor when it is stressed. Makes for an interesting change.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:wedass: enjoy this wednesday that only comes once every few years, my dudes :wedass:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Chill la Chill posted:

:wedass: enjoy this wednesday that only comes once every few years, my dudes :wedass:

Aw yeah!

That's definitely a weird spread of ships so far for the league, curious to see the lists. I'm deliberately not taking trip aces so we'll see if I can finally start making better decisions with other ships.

If this fails, I have a fantastic terrible idea for the next pairings.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

KO Derf posted:

Happy Star Wars Day everyone!

Anyone know of some good sales? I see GOG is having their usual, plus they just added Shadows of the Empire.

Applied Perspective makes some nice acrylic pieces. Their xwing stuff is 10 - 25% off: http://www.appliedperspective.com/acrylic/product-category/x-wing/

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I'll vouch for Applied Perspective too. Have some of the shield and focus tokens, and a bunch of templates. All look good, and the guy will work with you to place a special order if the color of templates you want are out of stock or not normally available.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, I ordered a set of Applied Perspective templates and range rulers and they're really really good.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off
Looks like CSI is having a tiny sale for today: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/2701

Includes the Gozanti for $40 and the new core set for $18. Some Armada and Imperial Assault stuff in there too for the interested!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
No news from ff today?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Some TFA based RPG, same or similar mechanics to Edge/Age/Force.

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/5/4/one-step-closer/

Good to see everyone else is voting for the booby prize ships too. In all seriousness, I'm interested in seeing what the competitors can do with ships like the imp firespray or t-65.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/5/4/these-are-your-first-steps/

:swoon:

Edit:finally ps9 poe

alg fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 4, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Strobe called it.

e; of course now I'm wondering/worried about what this means for the timeline of a "Rebel Veterans" pack.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Whoa. 8 Poe and 9 Poe

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
YES

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Time to people bitching about how Rey is PS8 and this just reinforces her Mary Sueness.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Nah, this calls for a "Hell Yes"

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

Time to people bitching about how Rey is PS8 and this just reinforces her Mary Sueness.

I genuinely would have loved it if her pilot skill had been like three but her ability was unspeakably amazing

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Ok, so I love it. I see the black one title is that if you preform a boost or a barrel roll you can remove a TL off a friendly ship. So, bb-8 on poe is good then.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

That Black One title is rad too.
"After you perform a boost or barrel roll action, you may remove one target lock from a friendly ship at range 1."
2 copies of Integrated Astromech.
Looks like there's also a YT-1300 mod that gains the systems icon, wowzers. Reinforced deflectors is going to be brutal on a fat falcon, as would fire control system with gunner.

edit:
Also, RIP for all the guys selling Black One repaints now

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

OMFG :gizz:

The Falcon has the new dish... fuckin ay FFG

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I may change my mind on later reflection but I dunno if I'm the hugest fan of "we made a PS9 Poe exactly the same as the old one for 2 points more," because it's not like Poe was really crying out for a pilot skill boost. Maybe this is their way of trying to encourage more people to use him with BB-8/PtL instead of VI/R5-P9 but I dunno, I'm not super excited by it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Also, illicit upgrades for Rebel ships :eyepop:

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Kai Tave posted:

I may change my mind on later reflection but I dunno if I'm the hugest fan of "we made a PS9 Poe exactly the same as the old one for 2 points more," because it's not like Poe was really crying out for a pilot skill boost. Maybe this is their way of trying to encourage more people to use him with BB-8/PtL instead of VI/R5-P9 but I dunno, I'm not super excited by it.

It's not very exciting, but I'm okay with it because I bet they got to actually see TFA and say to each other "poo poo, we didn't realize Poe was the pilot, he should've been PS9."

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

WAIT does that smuggling compartment add an illicit slot?!?!?!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Also also, here's hoping Resistance freighter generic is as good as Contracted Scout.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Also also also, is that illicit upgrade adding a SLAM action to the action bar? WHY ARE THESE SO LITTLE I CAN'T SEE

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

The Malthusian posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/5/4/one-step-closer/

Good to see everyone else is voting for the booby prize ships too. In all seriousness, I'm interested in seeing what the competitors can do with ships like the imp firespray or t-65.

What sort of idiot voted for the Ghost

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Finster Dexter posted:

WAIT does that smuggling compartment add an illicit slot?!?!?!

I was hoping that one was called "Smug Computer" :(

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
An upgrade called "Snap S___"! That and the weapons disabled token have me preeeeety interested.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Kai Tave posted:

She should be a 9 :( but eh, at least I can fly her like han

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'm all for Rey's PS, if only because it'll mean we see YTs other than Han and Chewie played, and because the tears of "Rey is a Mary Sue!" and "no girls in my star war" proponents will taste oh so sweet.

:getin:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Improbable Lobster posted:

What sort of idiot voted for the Ghost

I honestly expected more votes for the Jumpmaster so I'm glad to see that didn't turn out to be the case. Still, anyone who doesn't vote for the T-65 is someone I want nothing to do with.

Other things to note about the preview is it looks like we're getting a Jessika Pava T-70 (at PS3 though, RIP) and Nien Numb as a pilot at PS7. Also of note is a new Tech upgrade, "Pattern Analyzer" (maybe) that does...something.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Aargh what do those 6 tokens do? I must know

edit:
I bet the generic new YT is costed/equipped appropriately rather than the stupid Outer Rim Smuggler that never ever hits the table.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

canyoneer posted:

Aargh what do those 6 tokens do? I must know

They're probably for the included mission that comes with the set.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Poopy Palpy posted:

An upgrade called "Snap S___"! That and the weapons disabled token have me preeeeety interested.

Weapons disabled token just goes along with the illicit upgrade that puts SLAM on your action bar. Possibly with a downside like the cloaking device illicit upgrade.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'm all for Rey's PS, if only because it'll mean we see YTs other than Han and Chewie played, and because the tears of "Rey is a Mary Sue!" and "no girls in my star war" proponents will taste oh so sweet.

:getin:

It begins! (This guy tried to deflect by saying it was terrible because they nuked the EU for it. I'm bringing up the wonderfulness of the EU just to twist the knife better)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder if this means you can use either PS8 or PS9 Poe at your choice.

• Locked thread