Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Popular Thug Drink posted:

who do you think palin was

A hilarious prank gone horribly wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Has anyone done the legwork to see how many governor's mansions are up for grabs this cycle? I could maybe put a thread together this weekend if not, don't have time during the week.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Torpor posted:

Cubans aren't Mexicans. What has trump said about Cubans?

Great sandwich! One of the best!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

Has anyone done the legwork to see how many governor's mansions are up for grabs this cycle? I could maybe put a thread together this weekend if not, don't have time during the week.

http://www.270towin.com/2016-governor-election/

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

In '88 and '04!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Popular Thug Drink posted:

who do you think palin was

somehow now only the second weirdest person to make a major grab for the presidential office in my political lifetime

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Peztopiary posted:

Kissinger is still alive, so he's the obvious choice. :evil:

Don't toy with my heart. :mad:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Thanks, appreciate it.

Probably not enough action to warrant a separate thread.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Why are people saying Utah is in play? No, they don't like Trump, but this is still Utah where voting anything but R carries the taint of committing a grievous sin. They voted for loving Mike Lee because he had an R next to his name. If you have an insane fuckwit running for a seat as a Republican and a sane Democrat who would be a centrist Republican anywhere else, they will always choose the insane fuckwit. Always. Then bitch about the nominating process or whatever, but they'll still pull that R lever every time.

White people of the religious majority (you know, the Mormons) are going to pull the R lever even if they're voting for a 55 gallon drum of poo poo, which they basically are in this case :haw:

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

Trump was only +2 v Clinton here in Texas v:shobon:v

Sure, it was last September, but lol anyway. Also that it was 39-37

Man, I can't believe that's the most recent poll of Texas.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Munkeymon posted:

Great sandwich! One of the best!

Oh god yes, RIP Silver Ring long live Brocato's!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

showbiz_liz posted:

Man, I can't believe that's the most recent poll of Texas.

Most recent GE poll with those two candidates, anyhow. That I can find.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

If you have an insane fuckwit running for a seat as a Republican and a sane Democrat who would be a centrist Republican anywhere else, they will always choose the insane fuckwit. Always.

So what I'm hearing is, this election is the perfect opportunity to see exactly what percentage of the population are total idiots and exactly where they live, a full four years in advance of The Cleansing the 2020 Census! :greencube:

EDIT: I'm genuinely curious who in the general population is this level of stupid; I'm sure it'll just be the usual suspects but the primaries are collecting data from the weirdos who participate in primaries.

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 4, 2016

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Bunleigh posted:

Has the thread talked yet about what happens with the Trumpen Horde when Trump loses? There will be millions of angry racist idiots convinced they got cheated/robbed of their glorious future. Kinda scary poo poo.

I'm pretty convinced that we're in for a really, really ugly time once U.S. whites become a minority population and start having their privileges truly threatened.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

SubponticatePoster posted:

Why are people saying Utah is in play? No, they don't like Trump, but this is still Utah where voting anything but R carries the taint of committing a grievous sin. They voted for loving Mike Lee because he had an R next to his name. If you have an insane fuckwit running for a seat as a Republican and a sane Democrat who would be a centrist Republican anywhere else, they will always choose the insane fuckwit. Always. Then bitch about the nominating process or whatever, but they'll still pull that R lever every time.

White people of the religious majority (you know, the Mormons) are going to pull the R lever even if they're voting for a 55 gallon drum of poo poo, which they basically are in this case :haw:

Mostly because one poll from March had her beating Trump 38-36. Utah won't go blue in November, but it will be a lot closer than it historically has been. Mormons really don't like Trump. Anyway, Republicans worrying about Utah is like Democrats worrying about Vermont - you've already lost in a blowout so it's just about the margin at that point anyway.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

idiotsavant posted:

I'm pretty convinced that we're in for a really, really ugly time once U.S. whites become a minority population and start having their privileges truly threatened.

And how would their privileges be threatened then?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The point is that the RNC is going to have to shell out serious dough in what would otherwise be safe as gently caress states, which will impact spending in actual swing states.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

idiotsavant posted:

Nah. Numbers alone aren't going to do it. Unless those numbers are preceded by $. And that majority is probably going to be in the hands of white people for the foreseeable future.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
looks like the first anti-trump ad from clinton is out:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/727932354883248129

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Torpor posted:

Cubans aren't Mexicans. What has trump said about Cubans?

Well, he did publicly poo poo on the two Cuban-American candidates running for president, even going to far as to suggest one of them wasn't truly American.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Mass transit is so gross

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Snowman Crossing posted:

Mass transit is so gross

Sprawl resident spotted.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
That was Us, what shouting 'gently caress Trump' and Dancing in the Streets in South Bend.

Here's what we accomplished yesterday:

1) the Republican Convention will /not/ be a contested convention
2) the Democratic Convention /will/ be a contested convention
3) a vote for /Hillary/ is now a vote for Trump

We got this!
#StillSanders

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

TheQat posted:

drat, hitting hard right out of the gate.

I'd be worried about them blowing their wad all at once, but then again, they've probably got several more hours' worth of attack ad material ready to go.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TheQat posted:

Thanks for the speech Mitt ahahahah

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Uglycat posted:

That is not what a contested convention means.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

drat, hitting hard right out of the gate.

I'd be worried about them blowing their wad all at once, but then again, they've probably got several more hours' worth of attack ad material ready to go.

Yeah we're gonna be awash in this until November

I'm sure I'll be tired of it by then but I want Trump and everything he stands for completely and brutally crushed so let 'em rip.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Uglycat posted:

That was Us, what shouting 'gently caress Trump' and Dancing in the Streets in South Bend.

Here's what we accomplished yesterday:

1) the Republican Convention will /not/ be a contested convention
3) a vote for /Hillary/ is now a vote for Trump

We got this!
#StillSanders

Are you quoting someone? Because none of this makes sense.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I admit that it's a dumb example, but I'm thinking about the insane backlash Gamergaters had to "Maybe some games can do better than a pair of walking tits as a character." I'm not talking about white people kowtowing to our new brown-skinned overlords, I mean some basic changes to everyday, systemic racism like school districting - there are already examples of people Extremely Flipping Their poo poo when Dangerous Ghetto Thug children are re-districted into the schools their precious white angels are attending. W. Kamau Bell called out a cafe for a racist interaction in the glorious white liberaltopia of Berkeley, CA, and resulting neighborhood blog posts were chock full of liberal racist poo poo. People are hosed up, man.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Trump should really just go full Andrew Dice Clay on Hillary during the GE campaigning. You would think that doubling down on misogyny would hurt his campaign but he's defied all my expectations so far w/r/t the American electorate.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

idiotsavant posted:

I admit that it's a dumb example, but I'm thinking about the insane backlash Gamergaters had to "Maybe some games can do better than a pair of walking tits as a character."

Gamergate was loving insane. Normal people understand and think the level of sexual objectification in games and media marketed to young men is obscene.

I'd love to see that point expanded upon, but those idiots made it their hill to die upon when it's absolutely reasonable. Now, as an idea, it feels like it needs to be defended, which is unfathomable to anyone who's purchased a game in the last two decades.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

idiotsavant posted:

It's not as if Hawaii is awash in haole blood.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Unzip and Attack posted:

Your theory doesn't explain why Trump was able to dominate the GOP primary against opponents who were definitely trying to become POTUS. I'm not saying you're wrong in your predicted outcome, but the "serious candidate will always beat the joke candidate" is demonstrably untrue and your example proves the converse.

The forces at work in the GOP Primary are very different then the forces that will be at work in the general election. The general election is going to be a much more rational contest governed by regular expectations, whereas the GOP Primary was kind of a unique situation that Trump was able to exploit. I predicted the Trump would in fact exploit this situation and dominate The GOP Primary as a result back in August, and I've got an entire thread to explain exactly what the unique forces were that we're driving the GOP Primary.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Wax Dynasty posted:

I see you didn't go to middle school there.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Wax Dynasty posted:

That'd be a hell of a thing...

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bunleigh posted:

Has the thread talked yet about what happens with the Trumpen Horde when Trump loses? There will be millions of angry racist idiots convinced they got cheated/robbed of their glorious future. Kinda scary poo poo.

Most of those millions will pick the tolerable status quo over the risks of actual revolution. Domestic terrorism will go up, but not enough to be destabilizing.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I do love the roller coaster ride first time primary voters take as they hate/love proportionality/winner-take-all/backroom-deals as their candidate's path to victory changes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bunleigh posted:

Has the thread talked yet about what happens with the Trumpen Horde when Drumpf loses? There will be millions of angry racist idiots convinced they got cheated/robbed of their glorious future. Kinda scary poo poo.

Same as usual, lots of screaming, ltos of whining, but not much more as most of his supporters are actually whitebread nobodies who'd rather keep their average life than actually go 'revolt'

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
My social media has been doing its level best to make me feel bad for pragmatism. It's full of anti-Clinton memes from my far left friends who are making GBS threads on voting for the lesser of two evils to prevent utter chaos (I can only assume they want people to vote for Jill Stein or Mimi Soltysik). I can't just tell them to grow up, as they should know better by their 30's that our system doesn't give people like that a chance, and that real lives ride on the results of the election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Prester Jane posted:

The forces at work in the GOP Primary are very different then the forces that will be at work in the general election. The general election is going to be a much more rational contest governed by regular expectations, whereas the GOP Primary was kind of a unique situation that Trump was able to exploit. I predicted the Trump would in fact exploit this situation and dominate The GOP Primary as a result back in August, and I've got an entire thread to explain exactly what the unique forces were that we're driving the GOP Primary.

Trump was ahead in the polls since the beginning, the reason people didn't fully listen to those at first was because Trump is a TV clown man and everyone assumed the establishment would take him out or he'd flame out on his own. If you just listened to the polls you'd know how well he was going to do.

• Locked thread