Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chicagobutters
Sep 7, 2015

Dogbrisket posted:

I want one of these sooooo bad but it's hard to justify the sticker price.

I live in a populated area so it's best fit me. I walked into the dealership to buy Street Triple and walked out with the DRZ. Its my fourth bike and having a lot of fun with it.

M42 posted:

What year? Haven't seen that color scheme on a drz before, pretty cool!

Others are right, it's a 2016.

The used market lacked options, were heavily modified, or were priced very high at the time I was looking. I purchased it for less than MSRP all in which I thought was fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Scarf posted:

Managed to find a copy of The New Mastersounds "The Nashville Session" on vinyl. I like getting limited pressings and poo poo, but come on, do more than 1000... That just makes it a pain.

Video for anyone not familiar with them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMo8ALy6LSA

They're a jazz/funk fusion band from Leeds, UK. Good, funky, danceable poo poo.
They've played here (New Orleans) multiple times over the past few years, including as recently as a few days ago, but I've never gone to see them because I wasn't familiar with their music at all. But I listened to this, and drat, now I feel like an rear end for missing them :(

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

They've played here (New Orleans) multiple times over the past few years, including as recently as a few days ago, but I've never gone to see them because I wasn't familiar with their music at all. But I listened to this, and drat, now I feel like an rear end for missing them :(

They're constantly on tour in the US, so I'm sure they'll be back within a year. Were they playing at Tips or the Maple Leaf by chance? I'd love to see them in one of those venues.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Scarf posted:

They're constantly on tour in the US, so I'm sure they'll be back within a year. Were they playing at Tips or the Maple Leaf by chance? I'd love to see them in one of those venues.
I think it was actually a late night show after Jazz Fest at the Joy Theater this time!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a gyro that was too big and a book about the Devil.

Citizen Z
Jul 13, 2009

~Hanzo Steel~

Scarf posted:

Managed to find a copy of The New Mastersounds "The Nashville Session" on vinyl. I like getting limited pressings and poo poo, but come on, do more than 1000... That just makes it a pain.

Video for anyone not familiar with them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMo8ALy6LSA

Never heard of them before, I have clearly been missing out. A+, would click link again.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
A high majority of Scarf clicks are pro clicks. Thanks for the reference, between The New Mastersounds and Dave Weckl my album playlist is all set for the next few workdays.

E: live album is some good poo poo. Spotify link

The Science Goy has a new favorite as of 04:55 on May 3, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Glad yall are enjoying them. They've been around a long time, but kind of unfairly get lumped in with the jam-band crowd. If you love jam music, no offense, I used to be real big into it, and there are a lot of talented folks out there... but I know a lot of people avoid that genre and any band associated with it. Kinda the same thing that happened with Medeski Martin & Wood.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Yay work lunch!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Replacement batteries for my electric mower. The OEM wants over $100 for their "proprietary" battery pack, but I discovered it's just a couple standard sealed lead acid batteries in fancy case. Got these two for $40 after shipping.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Got new shoes! Gonna break them in!

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
I bought 🖕🏻.ws

I have no idea what to do with it, and it doesn't work in some lovely browsers, but I still feel like it was $39 well spent.

(for people with lovely browsers *cough*chrome*cough* it's the white middle finger emoji + .ws)

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I bought some coffee.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have a Sweet Maria's shirt and get complimented on it when I go to coffee shops. It's weird.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a cleaning service to do a one-off deep clean of my house. They came while my GF was working from home and when I got back I couldn't believe my stupid eyes.

It's better than when we moved in. If we achieve 1% status, we are going to have them do basic cleaning twice a month. gently caress.

gently caress.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

I bought a cleaning service to do a one-off deep clean of my house. They came while my GF was working from home and when I got back I couldn't believe my stupid eyes.

It's better than when we moved in. If we achieve 1% status, we are going to have them do basic cleaning twice a month. gently caress.

gently caress.

Which company and what was the cost?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I pay $140 to get my house cleaned once a month and it's worth every freaking penny.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Scarf posted:

Recommended album to start with, assuming no access to "Nashville Session"?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I pay $140 to get my house cleaned once a month and it's worth every freaking penny.

Yeah, it's The First Luxury.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Because I am a huge manchild.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FirstPlayer posted:

Because I am a huge manchild.

Mine arrived today, very excited for the kid to go to bed so that I can discover that I need more USB ports or something.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bunk Rogers posted:

Which company and what was the cost?

Maids By Trade.
It was around $380 for four hours with two cleaners and it was a deeeeeep clean. They did a free consultation a few days before.
To do a standard cleaning with some extras we picked it would be about $160 each time.

It's so, so, so worth it.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Inzombiac posted:

Maids By Trade.
It was around $380 for four hours with two cleaners and it was a deeeeeep clean. They did a free consultation a few days before.
To do a standard cleaning with some extras we picked it would be about $160 each time.

It's so, so, so worth it.

I've been thinking of doing this kind of thing for ages.

Do they organize your poo poo too? Because my house is a little dirty, but a LOT disorganized.

After working all day, and doing the single dad thing all evening I just don't have the energy to clean up beyond the basic level of tidy/sanitary. I clean dishes & remove garbage no problem, but poo poo like folding laundry & putting it away, tidying up all the crap I have laying all over the place always gets neglected.

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011

Bought the Logitech wheel for xbone to play dirt rally/forza

Gotta be cheaper and similar enough to a car I would more than likely kill myself in in real life.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Scathach posted:

Yay work lunch!

Nice! I have one of these and I like it. The only down side I've found is that you cannot put it in a microwave.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

gonna be commuting farther away from my office soon, so I got my second game boy ever from the nintendo refurb store. 170 bucks ain't bad for the newest

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Reverse Centaur posted:

Finally witnessed enough horrific acts on the road to justify a dash cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sVpmX7o7uI

This is a really good quality dash cam in case anyone was wondering.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

beefnoodle posted:

Recommended album to start with, assuming no access to "Nashville Session"?

The prior album, "Made for Pleasure" was really good, so is "102%." But really, you can't go wrong with any of them.

Also, the Nashville Session will be released on cd and digital format later in May

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

dumb. posted:

I've been thinking of doing this kind of thing for ages.

Do they organize your poo poo too? Because my house is a little dirty, but a LOT disorganized.

After working all day, and doing the single dad thing all evening I just don't have the energy to clean up beyond the basic level of tidy/sanitary. I clean dishes & remove garbage no problem, but poo poo like folding laundry & putting it away, tidying up all the crap I have laying all over the place always gets neglected.

They don't do laundry but they will fold all your towels and linens. I'm sure you could tell them they you're a single dad and need help cleaning up all the toys and crap. This particular service was mostly focused on scrubbing, vacuuming and shining. However, they got rid of the new pink mold in my shower that I had bleached and scrubbed to avail.

itsrobbiej
Oct 23, 2010
Bought 3 of these.

Closing on a house on Friday and first thing we are doing is making sure we are the ONLY ones with keys.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

itsrobbiej posted:

Bought 3 of these.

Closing on a house on Friday and first thing we are doing is making sure we are the ONLY ones with keys.

Smartkeys are great if you ever need to rekey.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Westone UM Pro20s

UM2 died after 10 years so Westone offered these at a discount

Lots of complaints about the MMCX connection, hopefully I got lucky

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Westone UM Pro20s

UM2 died after 10 years so Westone offered these at a discount

Lots of complaints about the MMCX connection, hopefully I got lucky

Are those for performances, or are you just really into podcasts?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scarf posted:

The prior album, "Made for Pleasure" was really good, so is "102%." But really, you can't go wrong with any of them.

Also, the Nashville Session will be released on cd and digital format later in May

And actually, a lot of their earlier albums in the mid-2000s (including 102%) have more of an acid-funk type of feel to them, if you're into that.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

ThirstyBuck posted:

Nice! I have one of these and I like it. The only down side I've found is that you cannot put it in a microwave.

How did you discover that metal doesn't mix with microwaves?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Kaizoku posted:

How did you discover that metal doesn't mix with microwaves?

When I was a kid, I tried microwaving a leftover Arby's sandwich still inside the foil wrapper :doh:

Predictably the sammich caught fire

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

OSU_Matthew posted:

When I was a kid, I tried microwaving a leftover Arby's sandwich still inside the foil wrapper :doh:

Predictably the sammich caught fire

One time as a kid I tried to microwave my socks because I wanted to warm them up and I didn't know how to work the dryer.

Predictably the socks caught fire

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
A 3/4" x 17" wood auger that I will probably use one time. But hey, drilling through ~9" of wood is difficult.

Upgrade from a kindle keyboard to a paperwhite for my wife for mother's day

A mint green cover for her, a blue one for mine

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

dreesemonkey posted:

A mint green cover for her, a blue one for mine

My wife has that exact green cover and it's held up from abuse for over a year. Just sayin: good choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

x2 (one in black)

Me and wife are tired of checking in luggage when we go on vacation!