Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Farecoal posted:

I am legitimately upset you can't laugh spam anymore

Wait what the gently caress? Really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

dogstile posted:

Wait what the gently caress? Really?

Or clapping, taunting, jokes, waves, or any other emote

It has a cool down now like VGS commands

Farecoal fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 29, 2016

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

cyclonic posted:

Bacchus needs a texture update like what Zeus/Ymir got, but I guess those are technically remodels. Anhur and Sobek need that Zeus/Ymir treatment too.

I just hope they don't change Bacchus too much if they do decide to touch him. He's a leftover concept from when Smite was less serious than it is now.

edit-
Sidenote: I haven't played much Conquest in Season 3 because I keep expecting big changes to be happening. Yesterday I played a game where someone called jungle, then changed their mind and called support.

It's sad to see that people would rather play support (a role I always ended up playing because I always call "fill") over jungle when jungle was THE role people wanted.

Really? It's weird cause well I haven't played Conquest since early Season 2, but what changed to make people hate jungle?

Also I do enjoy the fact that SMITE is the one game where people WANT to jungle. It seems like every other person wants EVERY OTHER Role outside of support than Jungle.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Farecoal posted:

I am legitimately upset you can't laugh spam anymore

I'm not.

Thats what you get for overdoing it~

this is great news :toot:

As for jungle, the map design changed a lot in that people just clear the back camps and power/mana camps fast at the same time, which leaves the urgency to really secure mid camps, if you don't then you're kinda behind quick. Jungle also needs to be smarter, more patient and have total map awareness, it's a lot more demanding. I've dealt with a few idiotic jungles recently that pretty much costed the match. You have to adapt if you're gonna jungle and if you're behind then you gotta lane with mid and watch mid's back because you're just being a liability otherwise.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Zain posted:

Really? It's weird cause well I haven't played Conquest since early Season 2, but what changed to make people hate jungle?

Also I do enjoy the fact that SMITE is the one game where people WANT to jungle. It seems like every other person wants EVERY OTHER Role outside of support than Jungle.

Loss of speed buff and reduction in number of camps causing an emphasis on mid camps (people are joking that the jungler is the second mid laner). You really need to be good at tagging/leeching waves in the other lanes when you rotate. And if you fail too many ganks it can put you behind. So this plus the ever-present "why arent you ganking my lane (help me I'm losing my lane)" excuse people throw around - it's just too much work and not fun.

It also doesn't help that solo tends to be 1-3 levels above you after the early game. You really can't do anything to that lane once it gets going.

edit-
Also I noticed in my games, heavy early aggression and invades are the way to go for jungle. If you can push the enemy jungler out, they basically become a non-factor and the team gets dragged behind. So gods like Arachne/Thor are common picks.

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 30, 2016

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

cyclonic posted:

- it's just too much work and not fun.

People don't want to work and put forth the effort to get gold to get their build online.

Non-support and non-junglers come into the game with the mentality of "You are here for me, I'm the star of this game. If something goes wrong and I die, its your fault."

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
ya, that 14/0 killstreak i got last game

why arent you replicating that for me, its your fault :smug:

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Lastgirl posted:

ya, that 14/0 killstreak i got last game

why arent you replicating that for me, its your fault :smug:

Last game I pushed up without wards all game and was fine, it's clearly the jungle/supports fault that I got ganked this time.

edit:
Where's my jungler? Oh, he's clearing mid camps... apparently some harpies are more important than helping me push.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I think it's also the problem of if you lose lane, you can always play defensively and try to catch up.

If jungle loses jungle, they're just hosed.

edit-
Sorry missed this one:

yasher posted:

I too am looking for an invite.

dongers77 if you please.

Invite sent!

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 30, 2016

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

coca bojangles posted:

People don't want to work and put forth the effort to get gold to get their build online.

Non-support and non-junglers come into the game with the mentality of "You are here for me, I'm the star of this game. If something goes wrong and I die, its your fault."

Right? It's the most ridiculous thing. Like if you're not in the game to have fun. (I know winning is apart of that) Then you're doing it wrong. Don't worry about what others do. Worry about yourself and internalize anything that you did that could be improved on. Yes feeding does make things difficult, but being a little poo poo doesn't help anyone.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Another community balance form: https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/4h1jp4/community_balance_feedback_form_37_the_grim_weaver/

I didn't know what to put. There's a lot of gods that need to get nerfed :psyduck:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

cyclonic posted:

Another community balance form: https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/4h1jp4/community_balance_feedback_form_37_the_grim_weaver/

I didn't know what to put. There's a lot of gods that need to get nerfed :psyduck:

Nerf Cabrakan

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Nerf Janus again

and when you have nerfed him

nerf him ssome more thanks

Death of Chivalry
Aug 29, 2009

DEAD
can I get an invite?

IGN:

pinealgrande

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Death of Chivalry posted:

can I get an invite?

IGN:

pinealgrande

Invite sent!

edit-

Invite also sent!
vvvv

and fake edit, this is going back a page or two-

kaujot posted:

Can I get some Ares tips? I like to try out gods in Arena first, and in all three games I've played with him, I've been the least effective member of the team. When I play against an Ares, he feels invincible. When I play with him, he feels made of paper.

I happened to get Ares in an Assault game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuMN9RpSPXY
He doesn't need to be a CDR-blink bot. At some point your elo will hit where that won't work anymore. Just land chains, build CDR and tanky, and RIP the enemy team. I got lucky in that game - I was against 3 hunters so I went heavy physical protections; once I had Nemean after BoV I could just solo hunters. Watch at 12:51 for unofficial quadra-kill.

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 1, 2016

Hitogeki
May 19, 2002
Did not realize we had a goon guild, ill take an invite,
in game name: Hitogeki

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I decided to get Jing Wei mastered. She feels like a shittier version of Rama.

That 1 really screws me up sometimes - they should put a slow on it so that it doesn't accidentally help people get away. Or the mechanic should be slightly different in that you don't continue to go in the direction you're running - maybe you always get pushed back from the center; that way if you drop it in front of someone who's running away, it knocks them back towards you.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Today's MOTD is so fun it crashes the servers :v: (two games, two crashes so far, let's see if three times is
the charm)

edit: yep, third crash :v

hirez plz

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 2, 2016

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

The MOTD Sunday apparently was Arena with no minions and no fountain healing? Apparently no fountain healing also meant no damage dealt to the enemy team, which meant people were spawn camping. Or you know, not leaving base.

I didn't bother to play the MOTD because I knew it wasn't going to be fun. Not because of the above reasons, but because people take the one mode that's supposed to be silly and nonsense fun and turn it into this tryhard mode, especially with the stupid Underworld quest this week. I knew people were going to try to figure out some stupid gimmick to edge out a win.

This stupid tryhard mentality needs to stop leaking into the casual modes and stay the gently caress in ranked where I'll never go to.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

cyclonic posted:

This stupid tryhard mentality needs to stop leaking into the casual modes and stay the gently caress in ranked where I'll never go to.

AAAAGH LOSING 210-221 ON ARENA WITH RANDOM PUBLIC GROUP VOTE TO SURRENDER EVERYONE IS GARBAGE

Pimp Drakula fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 2, 2016

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

Today's MOTD is so fun it crashes the servers :v: (two games, two crashes so far, let's see if three times is
the charm)

edit: yep, third crash :v

hirez plz

I've emailed them about it and they're like "No it works fine and you get credit" bull poo poo. It's the single most frustrating bug in this game.

cyclonic posted:

The MOTD Sunday apparently was Arena with no minions and no fountain healing? Apparently no fountain healing also meant no damage dealt to the enemy team, which meant people were spawn camping. Or you know, not leaving base.

I didn't bother to play the MOTD because I knew it wasn't going to be fun. Not because of the above reasons, but because people take the one mode that's supposed to be silly and nonsense fun and turn it into this tryhard mode, especially with the stupid Underworld quest this week. I knew people were going to try to figure out some stupid gimmick to edge out a win.

The first one I was in thankfully wasn't like that. But I had that EXACT same idea. They were ahead too, but with Xba the comeback king it made the MOTD go by pretty quickly.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Pimp Drakula posted:

AAAAGH LOSING 210-221 ON ARENA WITH RANDOM PUBLIC GROUP VOTE TO SURRENDER EVERYONE IS GARBAGE

I guess people forget that Arena is rigged. And that Assault is supposed to be random which makes it unfair. These modes aren't supposed to matter dammit :argh:

I don't understand the pubbies that play the MOTDs where you can pick the same god and just run with a regular comp. Why not have fun and do something like 4 Ymirs and a Herc to play pinball? Or 5 Janus militiamen style shotgun blasts? 4 Nox and a Thor dropship wombo combo? 5-man Kumbha juggling party? I mean poo poo the ideas are endless.

The 2v2 Clash MOTD was god awful. The one game I queued it was against Chronos and Hou Yi. Gee really guys, two top tier joust picks? I was stupid enough to think "I'll just pick Jing Wei so I can work on getting her mastered," and I'm laning against a defensive Chronos rushing/farming Warlock's. :psyboom: At least it cemented my theory that 2v2 would do to Clash what 4v4 did to Siege.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I wouldn't be surprised if e-mail gets you to some random rep. But apparently I wasn't the only with MOTD issues - just a CTD maybe ten minutes in :haw: No deserter penalty or anything either.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

cyclonic posted:

I guess people forget that Arena is rigged.

I never learned that to begin with, what's the deal with Arena?

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

If your ticket lead is too large, your respawn timer is increased while the losing team's respawn timer is decreased.

Ever sat in base for 45-50 seconds and have 1-2 waves get pushed through? It's stupid but it happens, and when a mechanic like that exists you can't take that mode seriously/competitively but people still do.

If something like that existed in Conquest people would blow a gasket.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

cyclonic posted:

If your ticket lead is too large, your respawn timer is increased while the losing team's respawn timer is decreased.

Ever sat in base for 45-50 seconds and have 1-2 waves get pushed through? It's stupid but it happens, and when a mechanic like that exists you can't take that mode seriously/competitively but people still do.

If something like that existed in Conquest people would blow a gasket.

Oh wow I never made that connection, usually by the time I see 50 second spawns the game is too far gone for it to matter but thinking about it that mechanic may have facilitated a couple of really uncanny comebacks I can recall.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Arena is only good for warm ups :smugbert:

"AND I'M ONLY JUST GETTING STARTED MEEWHEHEHEHEH!!!!1"

"THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!"

stuff like that before you go do damage in conquest.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
I remember for like 5 minutes Hirez or some 3rd party tried to do competitive arena and it was the lamest most unfun turtle poo poo ever.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/HirezScott/status/727153742173331457

quote:

#BuffXing

Is this really what the community wants?

Nevermind gods like Ra. Thantos. Chaac. Let's buff the gods that have fallen from top tier (Apollo) instead of the gods that never have been top tier :suicide:

Or better yet like what I've been saying, nerfing some of the current top tier gods loving APOLLO to be in line with the lower tier gods.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Well I won't argue over the Apollo thing but I don't really know if many gods will be good just kit wise. A lot of other god's kits are super situational instead of the more popular ones tend to be just great in every situation.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, they'll never make a lot of gods viable because of just how good CC is, so any god without an escape becomes a huge liability.

That will never stop me from playing AMC though.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

dogstile posted:

Yeah, they'll never make a lot of gods viable because of just how good CC is, so any god without an escape becomes a huge liability.

That will never stop me from playing AMC though.

Feel like if you love a god and can play it you should instead of trying to do the meta.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Zain posted:

Feel like if you love a god and can play it you should instead of trying to do the meta.

Nothing meta about it, gods that can't get the hell out are straight up going to lose you games against anyone remotely competent at the skill level most people play at.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

dogstile posted:

Nothing meta about it, gods that can't get the hell out are straight up going to lose you games against anyone remotely competent at the skill level most people play at.

Well yeah I'm just saying don't let anything make you not want ot play your god.

Anyway new wallpaper stuffs from SMITE

https://imgur.com/a/MVajE

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Zain posted:

Anyway new wallpaper stuffs from SMITE

https://imgur.com/a/MVajE

Neat Loki skin

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Pimp Drakula posted:

Neat Loki skin

Is it Loki? It seems like Janus to me but that doesn't mean much.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Zain posted:

Is it Loki? It seems like Janus to me but that doesn't mean much.

Hell if I know, I'm just taking a stab at what would be most marketable. Janus would make the most sense visually.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Its god the little Chronos wing things, no staff though.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Finally a new Xba skin https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/727953978147909632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Rock man is Janus.

Sounds like they're making a lot of jungle changes to make Jungle ganking easier, mostly by bringing back speed buff.

• Locked thread