Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oh come now, how could you be afraid of someone named Santana? He sounds like such a nice guy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I kinda wish they called Santana "Carlos" for short.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

My roommate didn't like the episode of Stardust Crusaders where Jotaro is a scrub at video games because it reminded him of Jimmy Neutron.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Oh! That's a Baseball!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Part 2 stuff spoiled for courtesy here.

I feel like it's kind of a shame that the later Pillar Men (up until perfect Kars) don't have such a variety of crazy body manipulation stuff going on, instead sticking to their niches. The scene where Santana just walks through a guy and eats him on the way past is pretty sick.

I really like the Pillar Men, super vampires are a fun idea.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Pat Metheny's Last Train Home is so much better straight off a CD. I wish I could get a hold of a vinyl. The sound is more rich.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My suggestion to replace "Shining Diamond" as a fake name

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So do you think that the main antagonist of part 4's stand name will be butchered or will it be alright? It's such a good name.

I don't think that's a spoiler because loving everyone has stands now

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It will 100% be changed

Josuke Higashikata posted:

My suggestion to replace "Shining Diamond" as a fake name

Trailer Park Boys is already the sequel to Part 4.

Julian is Josuke, Ricky is Okuyasu and Bubbles is Koichi

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's fan art of Part 4/TPB but it is still a spoiler at this point.

It's supposedly confirmed that the main antagonist stand is name changed, according to Crunchyroll CM's personal twitter. I've never seen a source for that.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
All CR has (unofficially) said is that Warner US talked with Copyright Men and almost all of them, if not all of them, said Nah, so I would be incredibly surprised if it wasn't changed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

So do you think that the main antagonist of part 4's stand name will be butchered or will it be alright? It's such a good name.

I know people say that it's not the definitive source of proof, but it was changed in the English release of ASB.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There's fan art of Part 4/TPB but it is still a spoiler at this point.

It's supposedly confirmed that the main antagonist stand is name changed, according to Crunchyroll CM's personal twitter. I've never seen a source for that.

Isn't this a spoiler? At this point, the Red Hot Chili Peppers guy is still being set up as the main antagonist.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I know people say that it's not the definitive source of proof, but it was changed in the English release of ASB.

That's probably just Namco being extremely cautious. They changed Pet Shop to Animal Shop for the EoH localization too despite Pet Shop being seemingly ok for CR (and Viz?) to use.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

ChaosArgate posted:

That's probably just Namco being extremely cautious. They changed Pet Shop to Animal Shop for the EoH localization too despite Pet Shop being seemingly ok for CR (and Viz?) to use.

Yeah but we've already had Echoes, which is just a word, changed to Reverb so who knows?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Change every Stand name to the Weird Al parody

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

Isn't this a spoiler? At this point, the Red Hot Chili Peppers guy is still being set up as the main antagonist.

I guess but it's pretty bare bones of one.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

Change every Stand name to the Weird Al parody

Al would probably love it. It's a win/win.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"This is the power of my Stand [Eat It]!"

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's useless, your 'Eat It' doesn't stand a chance against my 'Cheeseburger Paradise'

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Research has informed me this song was in fact, not a Weird Al parody

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Raserys posted:

Research has informed me this song was in fact, not a Weird Al parody

He did Amish Paradise.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Al would probably love it. It's a win/win.

I mean, he does know of JoJo, so...

https://www.instagram.com/p/4KYC8sGu_1/

#PointlessCrap

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Who is the best JoJo? Between Jonathan and Joseph I like Joseph the best. I love how observational he is during fights and his overall goofiness, like with his cross dressing and impromptu language lesson with the Pillar Man.

I also love the Roundabout Vine parodies. Those are hilarious.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Who is the best JoJo?

Either Part 4's or Part 7's.

Between Jonathan and Joseph, though, I'd say Joseph.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

JoJo 4 and 7 are my favorites. 8's also high on my list.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

JoJo 4 and JoJo 6 for me.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Gotta say 7 myself, with 4 and 6 close behind... Joseph over Jonathan though. No disrespect to Jonathan meant though... the guy's a hero for christs sake.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Liveblog etc:

The Nazi guy and Joseph struggling on the stairs for sunlight is intense as poo poo. :stare:

E: And here comes the stick grenade. :stare::stare::stare:

E2: Jesus Christ. :supaburn:

E3: It's weird to be saying you rooted for a literal Nazi, but here we are.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 4, 2016

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Who is the best JoJo?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Part 7 and Part 4 JoJo are my top faves. Josuke's a great fun boy whom I love, but Part 7 JoJo has so much stronger writing behind him

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

My favorite JoJos are Josuke and the Pt 8 JoJo.

I don't dislike any JoJo, they are all good in different ways, but Josuke is the best.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
my favorite jojo is the bitter cynical self loathing one who spends all his time saying sarcastic stuff and sitting on his rear end

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

no they will not posted:

my favorite jojo is the bitter cynical self loathing one who spends all his time saying sarcastic stuff and sitting on his rear end

thanks, friend, but I'm not actually a jojo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

no they will not posted:

same

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

no they will not posted:

What chapter do I first show up in?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

*Looking at colorful geometric shapes on my computer screen* That's me. That's me. That's me.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

no they will not posted:

I also like Part 7 Jojo.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I don't dislike any JoJo, they are all good in different ways, but Josuke is the best.

Just so it's not an empty quote, parts 6, 7 and 8's JoJos are all high up there as well.

Honestly only one I don't really care for that much is part 5's but that's becoming more increasingly obvious that it was due to a poor translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

johnathan is the worst jojo, i think everyone can agree on that

• Locked thread