Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
But haze is sick and tired of trueborn poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Okay I've put in some orders so that at least I'm doing something this turn.

Hopefully next turn the urbanmech will get closer so I can hit it.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Affi posted:

But haze is sick and tired of trueborn poo poo?

To be fair, being sick and tired of Trueborn poo poo is the default mindset of most Freeborn.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Tempest_56 posted:

Alright, unless there's any objections, Sally is moving to 2926, taking partial cover and pulling that light star away. Taking some potshots at the Vixen this time. That should give some nice side-shots as they come for me.

Tempest, unless you submitted something different from what's on the gdoc, you're shooting at a totally uninhabitable target. You'd need 14s to hit. I'm not playing in this mission, but, if I were your team mate I would not be too sanguine about continuing to charge up the hill alone in the slow un-maneuverable missile boat.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I'm not entirely sold on the tactical value of the hilltop in this scenario, yes, being on top of it allows you to fire on a ton of people but it is also close to infested forests and gives shots to you to the entire enemy team. It might be better to use the falling z-levels of the hill (and the runway elevation) as cover and a place to anchor a reverse slope defense.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 3, 2016

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Moving to 0439 and continuing to trash aerospace assets. I can't get decent to-hits on the Urbie or David this turn, so they may as well come to me.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

SIGSEGV posted:

I'm not entirely sold on the tactical value of the hilltop in this scenario, yes, being on top of it allows you to fire on a ton of people but it is also close to infested forests and gives shots to you to the entire enemy team. It might be better to use the falling z-levels of the hill (and the runway elevation) as cover and a place to anchor a reverse slope defense.

Reverse slope defenses don't work very well against enemies who can literally jump over you and then shoot you in the back, while the non-jumping forces can shoot you from the front while in cover. More importantly, you *really* don't want the enemy mechs to take those heavy woods uncontested, because they'll be able to unload all their weapons into you until they dangerously overheat, and then back away to cool off where you can't hit them. You'll also be giving the infantry in the north a place to blob up safely so that they can charge you when the heavy mechs arrive to keep you busy.

Considering where everyone actually is, the players should probably either stay in the south and have a few people keep shooting the planes (which will hopefully force the Clanners into abandoning the woods in hopes of stopping the carnage), or have everyone make a sudden push towards the north so you can quickly trash the lights and occupy the woods yourselves.

You have a lot of active probes and a lot of guns: any infantry in the trees won't be a threat for very long.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
There's a thought. Is there any clan battle armor that doesn't need to ride Omnis?

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

AJ_Impy posted:

There's a thought. Is there any clan battle armor that doesn't need to ride Omnis?

Sylphs can get away without it, and I'm sure many of us remember the fun times with them!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

GenericServices posted:

Sylphs can get away without it, and I'm sure many of us remember the fun times with them!

I'm glad the toughest thing I had to deal with was a King Crab. Or maybe the fact that I was in a 4/6/0 with rough terrain all over the place.

Anyway, neither compares to Sylphs. Ugh.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

GenericServices posted:

I was thinking more of what that VREE and the mini-VREEs might be carrying.

(Some protos have magnetic clamps, but that would slow them down.)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

AJ there is another option for the clans one that might still be REDACTED I think it might have been discussed in the thread but I am not sure the players are aware of it as an option. Also very nasty

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
All the infantry in play started the game revealed.

Edit: Aaand they probably deserve a little more respect than they were shown this turn.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 4, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Missing orders from two `Mechs.

Probably not a great turn for one of those to be the Komodo.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

:ohdear:

Is there a sub who could put in some emergency ones?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

PoptartsNinja posted:

I hope someone isn't killing my favorite mech through inaction!!!!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I'll sub in a heartbeat.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Axe-man is on IRC, he said he's tossing something in now.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Oh good, that's one down.

Now I just need something from the Champion.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I don't see anything from Corponation on the gdoc either, and last time he signed on to irc was a week ago :(

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.
oh whoops, I'll send right away, sorry.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The show must go on! But preferably without pilots falling into a helpless panic as infantry swarm them, as fun as the fluff would be that would really screw the chances of pulling this one off.

After this it's two more rounds of doggies from the tunnel, right? Also maybe it'd be fun to knock down a few buildings on the way out.

Unrelated to anything, how long would it take an aero to reach orbit and contact that ship?

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Will you allow recovering downed pilots, PTN?
Only one match had it happen during the rounds.

What about taking enemy pilots captive mechanically?

Edit: Sounds fun! Maybe want to kill these vandals.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

RA Rx posted:

Will you allow recovering downed pilots, PTN?
Only one match had it happen during the rounds.

What about taking enemy pilots captive mechanically?

Yes, but it's not ideal. And yes, if you really want to and can find the time.

Chronojam posted:

Unrelated to anything, how long would it take an aero to reach orbit and contact that ship?

Are you kidding? A Vandal pilot giving up a chance to shoot at the enemy? The Vandal's punishment detail, there isn't a Vandal pilot alive who will give up a chance to shoot up the enemy and prove him- or herself worthy of piloting something that isn't a barely-armed scout.

If the pilot's willing to exceed safe thrust he can fly a literal figure eight and pass over the player's aerospace hex twice in a single ten-second turn with enough thrust left over to end at velocity 2 and keep himself from stalling immediately at the start of the next turn.

But as an honest answer, IIRC the Vandal can be in orbit in a turn or two at the absolute most. It's a 14/21. In space it can sustain a 7G acceleration.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 4, 2016

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Finally caught back up after being a year+ behind. Wild ride, so many good moments. That turn one flea headshot. :allears:

And someone using a battlemaster and not sucking at it (sorry!) this time!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Who's been assigning golden bullets to the infantry?

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: Aaand they probably deserve a little more respect than they were shown this turn.

Oh, this could be amazing.

^^^Such fortuitous timing!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Good news everyone! The infantry have really soft bullets! Your magic space armor will keep your giant death machines safe :h:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

PoptartsNinja posted:

It begiiiiins

:unsmiggh:

(Was it the Ostscout?)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Gwaihir posted:

Was it the Ostscout?

It wasn't just the Ostscout?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well this should be good.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Man with the Golden Gun, obviously. ;)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Me I sold them to the clanners for so many space dollars.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Clan Mechs are going to crest that hill and find the shattered husks of all our Mechs with a few infantry platoons sitting around them, waiting.

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.
Putting the champion close to the 5 man jump infantry squad is going to bite me in the rear end isn't it

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Corponation posted:

Putting the champion close to the 5 man jump infantry squad is going to bite me in the rear end isn't it

Of course not! Don't be silly.

It's going to rip your leg off.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
And they mocked me in #megamek for carefully jumping away from the infantry.

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.

Loxbourne posted:

And they mocked me in #megamek for carefully jumping away from the infantry.

I thought the 5 man was still retreating. Shows me not to pay attention to the information on the sheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

oh mother mercy save me, I forgot how much PTN teasing replies hurt.

• Locked thread