Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Fifty Three posted:

You're all making me nervous about listing my Ninjette. I'd sell it here if it wasn't in terrible shape.

I'll give you half what you're asking as long as you deliver to me in Minneapolis
i work for the 501c3 Puppies 4 Orphanz and I do gud werk but i can't efford a biek so I need this i can't drive to pick it up srry but u understand

THXNKS call me don't text

There, I brought the craigslist experience to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sounds like when I tried to sell a loud exhaust for my WRX. :suicide:

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
I had no issues at all selling my srx600 and xb12ss, but I guess those bikes attract people who know what they want and what they're getting into.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

People tried to scam me for my $600 pregen ninja 250 with a blown head :laffo:

Yesterday I had some chick offer me half asking price for my old race suit because "i just bought a new dirtbike and am broke"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Fifty Three posted:

Sounds like when I tried to sell a loud exhaust for my WRX. :suicide:

I gave away the crappy Yoshi on my DRZ just to spare myself the hassle. Mechanic gave me a free oil change and once over for it. :woot:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

M42 posted:

People tried to scam me for my $600 pregen ninja 250 with a blown head :laffo:

Yesterday I had some chick offer me half asking price for my old race suit because "i just bought a new dirtbike and am broke"

dirtbikes are expensive :colbert:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fifty Three posted:

Hah, sorry. Pittsburgh. Bit of a hike.

Year/condition/mileage/color/price?

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

goddamnedtwisto posted:

What kind of hookers are you associating with that deal in quarters?

Ones that are a little rough around the edges! :a2m:

.. Okay I grossed myself out.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Here in Taiwan, among expats anyways, shits done on Facebook Groups. Two problems, though; 1) the "go to" Taiwanese website to gauge prices is notoriously over priced, 2) expats still try to mark their poo poo up more than it's worth. In hilarious amounts.

For example, a 2 year old Honda Grom with 10,000 km on the clock, but "some modifications" was selling for around $5,500 USD when the overpriced website has them brand new for under $4,000 US. So a $1500 mark up because of aftermarket exhaust and brake pads. Yeah...

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
I am not even certain I understand what just happened but I almost got kicked off a train for wearing a helmet. I commute every day by a combination of motorcycle and train. Usually when I get close to my stop on the train line coming home I'll throw on my Kreiga backpack and wear my helmet so I can just hop on my motorcycle to head home. I was on the train about 2 minutes from my stop and put on the helmet to walk to the back of the train closer to where my bike was parked when I got stopped by a conductor. He claimed that I couldn't ride the train while wearing a helmet and that I wasn't allowed to "hide my face." He wanted to make me take off my helmet or boot me. I argued that I just threw on the helmet to disembark at the next stop and didn't take it off. I think he is making up that rule in the first place. The whole interaction was weird. I've never been given grief at all for it before today.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

You're a terrist. Terrists run around doing blatant cartoon villain things like wearing masks and owning suspicious backpacks with wires coming out.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Where do you live? Wearing a bike helmet anywhere but on a bike was kind of a big deal in the UK back in the 90s, I guess because of some moral panic about them being used by criminals to hide their faces for knocking over banks or something? Certainly petrol stations and a lot of small shops used to have NO HELMETS stickers up on the door.

Anyway it all seems to have calmed down at some point, I haven't seen a sign like that in ages and the few times I do leave my helmet on to pop into a shop nobody seems to care (though I do run a flip front, but I can only see that making a little difference to sane people considering full face helmets don't actually obscure your face that much if you don't want them to).

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
But yeah really what's he going to do if you don't take it off, make you get off at the next stop? Like you were going to anyway, which is why you've put your helmet on? What a jobsworth.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Next time make sure he knows the difference between Shoei and Shi'a.

Edit.

Wow. Nice job, Google.:wtc:

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Renaissance Robot posted:

But yeah really what's he going to do if you don't take it off, make you get off at the next stop? Like you were going to anyway, which is why you've put your helmet on? What a jobsworth.
I'm in the US northeast near NYC. I have no idea why he got into it with me especially when I'm obviously about to get off. I've never had any issue with any other conductor. They usually ignore me or ask me questions about my motorcycle and commuting on it. This guy went out of his way to be a dick to me.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I've had a gas station tell me to go outside and take it off when I was already handing them cash for gas. Like
"I'll take 10 on"
"You have to take your helmet off"
"Here's my 10 I just need the gas"
"I can't serve you till you go out and remove your helmet"

So I went out and hopped on my bike and rode to the next gas station

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

A motorcycle guy slept with his wife

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

No. 6 posted:

A motorcycle guy slept with his wife

NsaP already said he was wearing a helmet, so I doubt he's the victim of misandry.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I think it probably depends on where you're going. Probably no one cares if you wear your full-face helmet into McDonalds, but if you walk into a bank like that, you'll get a gun pulled on you. I can't see any problem with wearing a helmet on the train, though.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Sagebrush posted:

I think it probably depends on where you're going. Probably no one cares if you wear your full-face helmet into McDonalds, but if you walk into a bank like that, you'll get a gun pulled on you. I can't see any problem with wearing a helmet on the train, though.

banks dont use guns to rob their customers

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

EX250 Type R posted:

actually as part of the statist-banking-conspiracy they do because if you don't use our worthless fiat inflationary currency men with guns will come and shoot you, read more at my blog free-ross-satoshi-is-god.bitcoin.faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

nothing to see here

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 7, 2016

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVU-tum2heM

So I just watched this. It's equal parts snort-inducing and fun.

Fixed maybe

Edit: yup

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dammit, I keep fixing it, but awfulapp deletes "YouTube" in the tag between the preview screen and the save screen.

Wrong thread anyway :v: moved to pictures/videos

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 7, 2016

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
Can a bike be "prone to run out of gas"?

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
Yeah. Happens when you ride it all day, every day.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

EX250 Type R posted:

I worked as armed security for the local Wells Fargo for a few months :shrug:

No goddamn way I'd actually pull the gun on anybody, though. Pretty sure if Osama bin Laden (pre-death) would have walked in with a machete, and I pulled my gun on him, I would have been fired.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Geirskogul posted:

No goddamn way I'd actually pull the gun on anybody, though. Pretty sure if Osama bin Laden (pre-death) would have walked in with a machete, and I pulled my gun on him, I would have been fired.

Well yeah, he'd be one of your richest customers.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Geirskogul posted:

I am not sure if I have ever seen an armed security person at a bank in my entire life but then again I am also a goon

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I've seen more armed security at Circle K than I have banks. In fact I've only seen one bank with a guard, and he just stood outside bored as gently caress all day

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My local grocery store has a deputy constable posted in it.

I live in the ghetto

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yeah, I live central Phoenix and worked at the Wells Fargo in south Phoenix :ese:

dreggory
Jan 20, 2007
World Famous in New Zealand

PCOS Bill posted:

My local grocery store has a deputy constable posted in it.

I live in the ghetto

All our local grocery chains have private armed security guards, with a 9mm and 3 extra magazines, standing outside the front door 24/7.

Because TEXAS.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

dreggory posted:

All our local grocery chains have private armed security guards, with a 9mm and 3 extra magazines, standing outside the front door 24/7.

Because TEXAS.

Do they also sell alcohol?

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

I used to work for a global bank and at one of our offices outside the U.S., we had a security guard with an unauthorized firearm get into a gun battle with a bank robber. Neither managed to hurt each other but they did manage to shoot up the branch. Management wanted desperately to fire him but since the media and public were treating him as a hero, the bank couldn't take any action against him without incurring hugely bad press so they ended up letting it slide.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Chris Knight posted:

Do they also sell alcohol?

Beer and Wine only.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Friday the 13th.

This morning a motorcycle almost turned to his left infront of me incoming.

At lunch a gs350 nearly side swiped me.

:tinfoil:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Friday the 13th.

Cold today, but really nice air to ride in. Went to buy a t-shirt in a sports store, didn't know there was a sale on, saved 30%. Then I arrived home, put on my hockey mask and murdered a bunch of teenagers.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I can't get my knockoff GoPro to not wobble around on its actual-GoPro mount and it's making me angry. Might just take it off and throw it at something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Run a line of silicone or hot glue or something down one edge of the mount to take out the slack, worked for mine.