Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
She's like my favorite artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I can't fault Av for sampling a bit of Kosher wine during Passover. She has every right to.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
please learn the avshalom lore

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Recent mentions of Monster Pulse got me to finally start reading it, which turned into an all-night binge through of it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Whelp, King Rad has resorted to killing a child to get at Dr. McNinja. He's pretty much hit the lowest point in his career.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Looks like Poppy just confirmed the number one theory about what the secret mechanism of the medical hover chair is.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

SlothfulCobra posted:

Whelp, King Rad has resorted to killing a child to get at Dr. McNinja. He's pretty much hit the lowest point in his career.
It is better to live radly, than to die badly.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dr Christmas posted:

Looks like Poppy just confirmed the number one theory about what the secret mechanism of the medical hover chair is.
It is better to live radly, than to die badly.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I don't get Kit's reaction. Is she taking Poppy's comment the wrong way? I don't see why she would. The cat, sure. Misinterpreting things dramatically is totally her thing, and she was more or less eavesdropping. Poppy and Kit were having a pretty direct conversation about opossums. Does Kit not know about the opossum in the chair?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Wittgen posted:

I don't get Kit's reaction. Is she taking Poppy's comment the wrong way? I don't see why she would. The cat, sure. Misinterpreting things dramatically is totally her thing, and she was more or less eavesdropping. Poppy and Kit were having a pretty direct conversation about opossums. Does Kit not know about the opossum in the chair?

It felt more like, after seeing what was in the chair, being a punching bag for her stepmom, seeing her father's own casual racism, then finding out that not only Poppy found out what was in the chair but that she is not as offended as she predicted (presumably), Kit was going "gently caress it" and going to do something drastic.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 30, 2016

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Lot of good kit faces in that one.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Unlucky7 posted:

It felt more like, after seeing what was in the chair, being a punching bag for her stepmom, seeing her father's own casual racism, then finding out that not only Poppy found out what was in the chair but that she is not as offended as she predicted (presumably), Kit was going "gently caress it" and going to do something drastic.

I'm assuming Kit's plan now is to sleep for 24 hours then go back into the lab for another week straight and figure out the drat cure.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Its been a while, but didn't the bad guys tempt Kit with some illegal and/or hard to obtain reagent in the quest to cure her father? I'm guessing the drastic action she's about to take will involve that.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Unlucky7 posted:

Personally, I'm hoping she pulls the Opossum out of the chair and kills her dad, but I'm tired of her racist family.

Edit: I fear Girl Genius is entering another castle.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man I miss stupid daily Demon updates.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Green Intern posted:

Edit: I fear Girl Genius is entering another castle.

Worse, an adventuring dungeon.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
the monster pulse nav buttons are fixed, now you can pulse monsters conveniently

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
New Bunny Meat!!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Was there ever some incident that led to the kiddie-habitrails going away, or did they just go out of style as operators got fed up of cleaning piss out of them?

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Was there ever some incident that led to the kiddie-habitrails going away, or did they just go out of style as operators got fed up of cleaning piss out of them?

Good question. I loved the hell out of them as a kid.

I remember a former McDonalds employee telling me that stoners kept sneaking in at night to gently caress in the tubes might have lead to it. Something about boning in a claustrophobic, neon-colored space plus the acoustics while high was a once in a lifetime experience.

I'm going to assume the real cause for the death of the tiny-human-habitrail was some nanny state bullshit.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
They were pretty psychedelic to be in even without weed. Probably the lack of oxygen that did it.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Did they go away, or have you two just not seen them around where you are? I know a lot of McDonalds got rid of play places because the expense and hassle wasn't worth whatever extra income they brought in, they made more money by using the space for other things, but I don't think there was any universal banning of play tubes or anything. I'm pretty sure they're still around as a concept.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I always found those things completely terrifying. I'm sure I can't have been alone in that, right? Like the idea of squeezing yourself into an opaque plastic drainpipe wasn't appealing to other people either?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

There's still a McDonald's with a play place near me so I think they're just less common now

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Holy crap today's BACK was amazing. Never stop KC Green.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Idran posted:

Did they go away, or have you two just not seen them around where you are? I know a lot of McDonalds got rid of play places because the expense and hassle wasn't worth whatever extra income they brought in, they made more money by using the space for other things, but I don't think there was any universal banning of play tubes or anything. I'm pretty sure they're still around as a concept.

I didn't think they had been banned, per se, I just wondered if maybe someone had gotten sued or something and everyone else got spooked by the specter of ~liability~.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Android Blues posted:

I always found those things completely terrifying. I'm sure I can't have been alone in that, right? Like the idea of squeezing yourself into an opaque plastic drainpipe wasn't appealing to other people either?

When I was a kid I loving loved the tubes. Thought they were absolutely amazing.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I didn't think they had been banned, per se, I just wondered if maybe someone had gotten sued or something and everyone else got spooked by the specter of ~liability~.

Oh, no, I can't find anything like that. Just franchises replacing play places with second drive thrus or other things that make more money.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I've seen a playplace at a Baltimore McDonald's recently, so they're not banned. I assume that a lot of locations closed them down because they're filthy disease factories that are considered more trouble than they're worth by management.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It feels like you could make a Bunny Meat series off of tube experiences alone.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

you probably have to pay fast food workers enought to be alive when you make them deal with turds in the ballpit

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

readingatwork posted:

BACK was an experiment leading up to a sanic joke and I am thankful that it exists

Cool Web Paige
Nov 19, 2006

So I recently discovered that Pastel Defender Heliotrope is still online, some older goons may be familiar with this comic and its special place in Internet history others may have just repressed the memory or have no idea what it even is.

So here's your chance to appreciate the gold standard of webcomic crazy

http://pasteldefender.com/cover.html

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

readingatwork posted:

KC had a real rough patch in the latter days of Gunshow but he's still got it, by jingo.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

vxskud posted:

others may have just repressed the memory

I was in this category, so thanks about putting the sex doll superhero comic back in my brain

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

vxskud posted:

So I recently discovered that Pastel Defender Heliotrope is still online, some older goons may be familiar with this comic and its special place in Internet history others may have just repressed the memory or have no idea what it even is.

What the gently caress am I reading :psypop:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vxskud posted:

It rules

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Renaissance Robot posted:

What the gently caress am I reading :psypop:

JDR's kokoro wish.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Reminder that JDR eventually went on to become a MLP fan (and all she had to do was barely tweak her work to "religionhumans suck 5th dimensional magical slime beingsponies are awesome").

mycot fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'd heard of this comic but never read it but it turns out this is right

• Locked thread