Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also as far as "return on investment" NASCAR is one of the better ones unlike F1 or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

CBJSprague24 posted:

On a related note, has anybody in NASCAR history found the inside wall on the backstretch of a plate track more often in history than Danica Patrick? That's at least the third time I can remember (Duel, July NXS race, today) and it's a scary hit every drat time.

She really needs to retire while she still has the cognitive ability to tie her shoes.

Because she wrecks harder than anyone I have ever seen. There was the Feb NXS race in 2013 or so where she got turned and sent head on into the infield wall.

I had Jeff Gluck get 9 kinds of lovely to me when I tried to politely twitter respond to a very wrong comment by explaining 3rd grade physics.

I was half tempted to pull and post the tweets earlier. But I am dealing with a migraine from a concussion and can't be assed to sort all that poo poo out.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The dude is still posting nonsense about how more drivers have crashed and been injured or killed, or fans, and he doesn't understand that if you total every other track up together and compare them to the plate tracks, of loving course the numbers would be higher.

Despite Daytona being known as the deadliest track, and Daytona being responsible for more fan injuries in two crashes than every other track together over 30 years. I mean, there's delusional and there's that guy.

e- oh and he claimed a number of fans were injured in 1996 when Mike Bliss tore the fence down at Bristol in a Truck race

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

it takes a special kind of stupid to equate "pack racing is dangerous" with "all racing is 100% safe except for pack racing"

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Melee

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

be nice wicka posted:

it takes a special kind of stupid to equate "pack racing is dangerous" with "all racing is 100% safe except for pack racing"

when I was arguing with him in the group he 100% disagreed that the most catastrophic crashes happen at plate tracks, and used Grissom's crash at Atlanta to illustrate that to me. I was like, that ain't 30+ cars brah lol

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

To add to that, seven of the last nine Cup fatalities were single-car accidents, and the other two (Earnhardt, McDuffie) were two-car wrecks where the second car didn't play a significant role.

EDIT: Six of the last nine - Terry Schoonover's crash happened with Bobby Hillin. But you get what I'm saying.

LASTCAR fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 3, 2016

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Now he's bitching about yellow line rule is stupid and artificial limits to racing should not be in place. Cool so I'll just lap around the tri-oval instead at all tracks, and at Sonoma I'll straight line the esses Earnhardt style and take turn 11 where Indycars do. Trolled him some more equating rain to artificial limits because climate change is man-made. :razz:

e: I even said I was trolling. And apparently he doesn't know the difference between objective and subjective and said his opinion was objective. This guy is a treasure to both SASCAR and D&D.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 4, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
just so everyone knows the D&D part, his actual personal page is like 65% anti-Islam, pro-Israel posts, 30% NOBAMA, and 5% Monkees videos

yeah, idgi either

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Probably doesn't understand Tork either.

I'll show myself out.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

just so everyone knows the D&D part, his actual personal page is like 65% anti-Islam, pro-Israel posts, 30% NOBAMA, and 5% Monkees videos

yeah, idgi either

so 95% anti islam

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Probably doesn't understand Tork either.

I'll show myself out.

:drat:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
That nutcase had a really good idea!

quote:

NASCAR needs to change these Generation Six racecars so the "beachball" aero impediment effect noted by Jamie McMurray and others during the weekend is eliminated and the drivers can push-draft more effectively and more often - perhaps with a larger spoiler

Link

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
imo push drafting is very dangerous for different reasons as pack racing. there shouldn't be an aero package which basically requires cars to be in literal contact around the corners to go fast, because that is asking for an accident

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
well, there's that, and there's also the fact that large, upright spoilers are the culprit behind dirty, turbulent air, so naturally if you want to make the racing better, you make that air even dirtier

this never used to be an issue when plate spoilers were near flat, and the splitter just magnifies the effect

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

what if they attached guns to the cars. look i'm just spitballin here

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

what if they attached guns to the cars. look i'm just spitballin here

I like your idea.. but here'.. paintball guns to obscure the front windows to make you need to go and stop on pit road for a tearoff. This would break up the not dangerous packs.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 13:35 on May 4, 2016

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Robby Gordon Glove-Shooting guns to bring out yellow flags.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

caution-causing guns that fire plastic grocery bags

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Fan vote on twitter for yellow flags.

Automatic yellow whenever a car gets more then a 2 second lead.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
so I finally got around to taking some (marginally) better shots of my Jumpin' Jack Johnson diecasts, for those of you who care about such things

the coupe was not liking being photographed, I took at least a dozen shots and they all came out like that

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Add a Nitrous boost for the three most popular drivers in each race.

In other news, there may be a format change coming to the All-Star Race.

https://twitter.com/mikejoy500/status/727874661116215296

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

CBJSprague24 posted:

In other other news, water still wet, sky still blue, race will still be mostly practice/boring.

Unless they are going to bring back limited car restrictions and let teams go wild.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

I liked when they lined up the final segment by average finish of all segments. It helped that Kurt Busch was really exciting to watch that night.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
our dumb facebook poster is back!

Me

quote:

You know, sometimes an honest race can happen where a team is just so good, no one can pass him.

Is that an alien concept to you?

Him

quote:

Not at all - but the sport's history long showed races that break 40 official lead changes are NOT supposed to be the exception - this having happened 78 times in history (and for good measure three times offhand in the Busch/Sportsman series, twice in the Nationwide/Xfinity era).

Me

quote:

78 times? And that's not the exception? There's been 2.462 Cup races, so races with 40 lead changes or more happened in a whopping 0.03% of all races.

This is why I might block you, because not only do you not debate in good faith, you're so wrong it's comical.

Him

quote:

78 times indicates that is no exception, not even one that proves the rule. You're the one who is wrong here because in citing a raw number you are not exploring the ACTUAL history of the sport. You want comical then look in the mirror and get off your haughtiness.

:negative:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

our dumb facebook poster is back!

Me

Him

Me

Him

:negative:

banhammer, viking

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

be nice wicka posted:

banhammer, viking

He hasn't broken any rules. Stupidity is allowed.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

He hasn't broken any rules. Stupidity is allowed.

don't you make the rules?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

He's gotten close to insulting viking. Now I'm arguing with him that gwc, debris cautions aren't artificial to make the racing harder by bunching everyone up at the end.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Harveygod posted:

I liked when they lined up the final segment by average finish of all segments. It helped that Kurt Busch was really exciting to watch that night.

They have to mix it up somehow, because NASCAR Imitates Football is boring as poo poo.

Sprint Showdown as the undercard immediately prior to the big show.

40 or 30 laps
Invert (either random or the full field. The latter could get NASCAR excited about putting Danica in the lead or something)
30 or 20 laps
Optional stop
10 laps

I realize that's kinda how it was in the 90s and early 2000s and that's perfectly fine.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
The All-Star Race would be really cool if it was a normal race but with gokarts.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

BMB5150 posted:

He's gotten close to insulting viking. Now I'm arguing with him that gwc, debris cautions aren't artificial to make the racing harder by bunching everyone up at the end.

"I think; therefore, I pass the car in front of me" is his entire argument.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Too bad there's no footage of Richard petty winning by 5 Laps at untitled race 5 at Dixie mountain dirt lot to show him how good nascar racing used to be.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

The All-Star Race would be really cool if it was a normal race but with gokarts.

the all star race should definitely be NASCAR drivers doing anything but NASCAR

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

Nah

Golfcarts

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Everyone in actual street cars on the oval :getin:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

L_Harrison posted:

Everyone in actual street cars on the oval :getin:

everyone has to bring a car they own, the cars are pooled and assigned randomly to the drivers

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
I have wanted them done IROC-style for a long time.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Trailer race with the haulers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Team Chariot races.

• Locked thread