Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My friend watched a guy burn to death, the screaming lasted a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

My friend watched a guy burn to death, the screaming lasted a long time.

Hollywood already gave us one of the most disturbing fire death scenes.

https://youtu.be/tYo-1xrkIzk

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

You ever watch the ISIS burning video?

He kind of just slumps down to his knees after a while.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/TomVernonGlobal/status/727904753498214400

BallsFalls
Oct 18, 2013
the amazing alberta drivers accidentally starting another wildfire

https://twitter.com/ChalmersErin/status/727961283144777728
https://twitter.com/ChalmersErin/status/727964273230499840

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So an body dead yet?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Arcsquad12 posted:

So an body dead yet?

notley's re-election

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

Ikantski posted:

"Burning to death. After all your nerve endings burn off, it's really not that bad."
CanPol Megathread: After all your nerve endings burn off, it's really not that bad.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I feel bad for the pets because they did nothing to accelerate climate change and depended on people to take care of them.

Thats my :supaburn:Burning Hot Take:supaburn:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I feel bad for both the people and the pets, because the loss of your home is horrible, and obviously pets dying is sad (also for their owners).

People who want to score political points during events like this are scum.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
I feel bad for the poor insurance companies who will have their bottom lines affected

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Chair In A Basket posted:

I feel bad for the poor insurance companies who will have their bottom lines affected

Don't worry they always have fine print that makes sure nothing too bad ever happens. They also have insurance insurance to insure them in case they have to pay out some big claims.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Chair In A Basket posted:

I know you're being ironic but it still annoys me anyway. This is exactly what people pay them to provide. Insurance is a loving scam and a racket.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

I feel bad for the pets because they did nothing to accelerate climate change and depended on people to take care of them.

Thats my :supaburn:Burning Hot Take:supaburn:

Keeping a cat or dog and feeding them has the carbon footprint of an automobile used daily.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Brannock posted:

I know you're being ironic but it still annoys me anyway. This is exactly what people pay them to provide. Insurance is a loving scam and a racket.

Nah insurance pays out all the time and is very very good to have. People are just loving dumb and don't read their policy or have bad brokers that don't explain things. So you'll get some dipshit buy a house, go to his local trusted broker that's totally a cool guy you'd have a beer with and say "bro, give me the cheapest insurnce that will fully cover me" and the broker will say "ok here it is, you're covered! It's got uhh, water, and fire, and contents, and yeah it's good"

Then the insured's water pipe bursts and floods his basement. "Awesome, I'm covered!" no you're not, your policy clearly spelled out what sort of flooding was covered or not, but your dipshit broker never explained the wordings and you were too lazy to read anything yourself. "Wahhh!!! Insurance is a scam!!! They never pay out!!"

95% of the time an insurance company "fucks someone over" it's because they were just following the coverage and wording of the policy and the insured didn't ever bother reading it. 5% it's the insurance company actually being dicks and trying to get out of paying a legit claim that should be covered.

I say it all the time, but people need to understand insurance. Like really dig into every policy you have and understand exactly what is covered and isn't, don't just nod with the broker sells you something and says "yeah you're covered!" If there's anything you don't fully understand, call your broker. If your broker can't explain every detail to you exactly, get a broker who can do their job.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Jordan7hm posted:

I feel bad for both the people and the pets, because the loss of your home is horrible, and obviously pets dying is sad (also for their owners).

People who want to score political points during events like this are scum.

You care about houses too much.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Beaverton's been on point lately.

http://www.thebeaverton.com/national/item/2655-tories-reinstated-mandatory-census-is-unfair-to-however-many-canadians-there-are posted:

Tories: ‘Reinstated mandatory census is unfair to however many Canadians there are’

OTTAWA - The Conservative party came out against the mandatory census again this week, saying that it creates undue stress and is totally irrelevant to all of the several million people currently living in Canada.

“It’s time the government started respecting Canadians,” said interim leader of the opposition, Rona Ambrose. “And they can start by not wasting hard-earned tax dollars on learning about Canadians.”

Canadians, says Ambrose, have a basic right to privacy, whether they are white, black or any of the other races that may exist. When the government crosses that line they enter the territory of a dictatorship.

“The government should not force you to provide private information,” said Ambrose, whose party had passed Bill C-51 giving CSIS those exact powers. “Canadians don’t want this… I assume. Kinda hard to tell without a large survey of some sort.”

According to the Conservative party, the census isn’t particularly helpful anyway. The data it provides can only be used for determining where federal aid programs should focus their work, helping the healthcare system determine hospital locations, providing basic demographic data to retailers looking to open new stores, and other cases where guessing would probably be just as effective.

“In the end, the census is just pointless busy work. Canadians don’t want to arrive at their… houses - yes, houses, I think that’s right - to find a thick envelope full of forms waiting on their doorstep. They want to be spending time with their dozen children and half a dog,” said Ambrose. “They just got back from a long day of work. Or whatever they do during the day. Maybe they pick flowers? Or swim? Do Canadians swim all day?”

Ambrose then excused herself to attend a benefit dinner for unemployed Egyptian-Canadians with red hair who are missing a finger, a demographic she says makes up 30% of Conservative voters.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Baronjutter posted:

Nah insurance pays out all the time and is very very good to have. People are just loving dumb and don't read their policy or have bad brokers that don't explain things. So you'll get some dipshit buy a house, go to his local trusted broker that's totally a cool guy you'd have a beer with and say "bro, give me the cheapest insurnce that will fully cover me" and the broker will say "ok here it is, you're covered! It's got uhh, water, and fire, and contents, and yeah it's good"

Then the insured's water pipe bursts and floods his basement. "Awesome, I'm covered!" no you're not, your policy clearly spelled out what sort of flooding was covered or not, but your dipshit broker never explained the wordings and you were too lazy to read anything yourself. "Wahhh!!! Insurance is a scam!!! They never pay out!!"

95% of the time an insurance company "fucks someone over" it's because they were just following the coverage and wording of the policy and the insured didn't ever bother reading it. 5% it's the insurance company actually being dicks and trying to get out of paying a legit claim that should be covered.

I say it all the time, but people need to understand insurance. Like really dig into every policy you have and understand exactly what is covered and isn't, don't just nod with the broker sells you something and says "yeah you're covered!" If there's anything you don't fully understand, call your broker. If your broker can't explain every detail to you exactly, get a broker who can do their job.

Some american insurance companies go out of the way to abide by the letter of the contract but not the spirit. Canadian companies seem good enough.

My insurance didnt cover overland flooding during the Calgary flood but because there was a postive test for fecal bacteria we got coverage through sewer backup.

If all else fails poop on it.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

THC posted:

Keeping a cat or dog and feeding them has the carbon footprint of an automobile used daily.

My cat offsets by decreasing local chipmunk emissions.

vv: perfect in every way

Postess with the Mostest fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 5, 2016

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Funkdreamer posted:

CanPol Megathread: After all your nerve endings burn off, it's really not that bad.

CanPol Megathread: Flames 1, Oilers 0

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

McGavin posted:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

McGavin posted:

:stwoon:

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

McGavin posted:

Oh my god

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

apatheticman posted:

Some american insurance companies go out of the way to abide by the letter of the contract but not the spirit. Canadian companies seem good enough.

My insurance didnt cover overland flooding during the Calgary flood but because there was a postive test for fecal bacteria we got coverage through sewer backup.

If all else fails poop on it.

So did you pay extra for overland flooding this time around?

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

McGavin posted:

my god it's beautiful

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

McGavin posted:

:perfect:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Ikantski posted:

My cat offsets by decreasing local chipmunk emissions.

vv: perfect in every way

Chipmunks do not eat cat chow afaik (the footprint mostly comes from the manufacture and distribution of pet food etc)

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

McGavin posted:

hahahahahahaha

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

McGavin posted:

ahahahahaha yes

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

McGavin posted:

drat son.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

McGavin posted:

:pusheen:

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Fried Watermelon posted:

You ever watch the ISIS burning video?

He kind of just slumps down to his knees after a while.

He was heavily drugged. Best you can hope for in lieu of quick unconsciousness from smoke and CO inhalation.

I've known people who have set themselves alight with the traditional red neck combination of beer, brush, and gasoline. It is a painful way to die.

McGavin, I'm stealing that at the first opportunity. Holy poo poo!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

McGavin posted:

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

McGavin posted:

It's beautiful.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

McGavin posted:

just posting to say i really enjoyed this

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

The Battle of Alberta, folks!

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

McGavin posted:

le mot juste

ah sardonic comedy in the face of disaster, the life blood of SA

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

McGavin posted:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

McGavin posted:

This is good poo poo.

This is strong as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

McGavin posted:

And that's coming from an Edmontonian who's been an Oilers fan for decades.