Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

All star is at Charlotte right? Why not put them in legends for 20 laps then 10 laps on the road course with skippies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
3 different segments.

Bandalero, modified, & sprint car.

Each driver has to drive all 3.

Each individual driver rolls a die to see which order they drive them in.

All types of cars on the track at once.

Dogs and cats living together.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

They have to mix it up somehow, because NASCAR Imitates Football is boring as poo poo.

All Star: Rocket League. :getin:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

be nice wicka posted:

don't you make the rules?

no, I'm just an admin, another guy owns the site

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Is anyone going here to Monadnock on the 21st? There's a 200 lap mod race and my wife is tired of being dragged to races there. Would love to talk about how much we love Trump and Brian France in person.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Lord Wexia posted:

Is anyone going here to Monadnock on the 21st? There's a 200 lap mod race and my wife is tired of being dragged to races there. Would love to talk about how much we love Trump and Brian France in person.

Wish I could. That's a 5 or 6 hour haul for me, but $15k to win is gonna be a good show

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

no, I'm just an admin, another guy owns the site

another guy once owned america. we make the rules now.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
but why ban a dude that gives us so many laughs?

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

Lord Wexia posted:

I wish, but I'm busy that weekend. The $10,000 to win Open Mod race at Seekonk last year was awesome.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

Lord Wexia posted:

That track is pretty sweet. We'll be there on June 18th with our baby mod for a race. We love that track because we finish well there. We got our two 3rd place finishes there last year. We're already halfway to tying that record this year too since we managed to finish 3rd at Thompson at the IceBreaker.

SwampYankee posted:

I wish, but I'm busy that weekend. The $10,000 to win Open Mod race at Seekonk last year was awesome.
This year they are doing that in June and then like a month later doing a $10,000 to win Pro Stock/Super Late Model race on July 13th and our series, New England Pro 4 Modifieds, will be a companion event to that. $10K to win in pro stocks at that track? Its gonna be a bloodbath. We raced late models there in the weekly series for like 5 seasons and that poo poo would get pretty rough sometimes. I like being in this little mod series a lot better. 15 races all spread out instead of every single week and a lot fewer accidents.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

bigbillystyle posted:

This year they are doing that in June and then like a month later doing a $10,000 to win Pro Stock/Super Late Model race on July 13th and our series, New England Pro 4 Modifieds, will be a companion event to that. $10K to win in pro stocks at that track? Its gonna be a bloodbath. We raced late models there in the weekly series for like 5 seasons and that poo poo would get pretty rough sometimes. I like being in this little mod series a lot better. 15 races all spread out instead of every single week and a lot fewer accidents.

Yeah I'm hoping to make it to both of those. Mods at Seekonk are the balls as evidenced by this finish: https://youtu.be/o5zY15h30m8?t=10m49s I think I've shared it here before but it's awesome enough to watch again.

I know they scheduled the Pro Stock race for the Tuesday after Loudon in hopes of attracting some Cup/Xfinity drivers who might still be in the area, I wonder if they'll have any luck. I don't get to the Saturday shows as much as I'd like to but I remember it getting a little crazy, it's tough to pass without giving someone a boot.

SwampYankee fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 6, 2016

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

God damnit I wish they still raced asphalt modifieds in Wisconsin. :allears:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Pro 4 mods are interesting.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

but why ban a dude that gives us so many laughs?

The Bill Cosby Defense

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
to be fair I did ask the other admins if they would mind if I did, don't think I wouldn't have had I had my druthers lol

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
see? look at this poo poo

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I lold at that post.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Teresa Earnhardt is trying to prevent Kerry from using the Earnhardt name for some lifestyle business.

2016 All-Star Race format (typed as I'm watching the video on Twitter, nervous as to what they're going to reveal):

Sprint Showdown (Friday...god damnit, we never can completely have nice things, can we?):
Segments 1 and 2/D- and C-Main: 20 laps, winners advance.
-Break after each: Mandatory stop, minimum 2 tires.
Segment 3/LCQ: 10 green-flag laps, winner advances.
-Fan Vote Winner

All-Star Race (Saturday):
Segment 1- 50 laps, mandatory green flag stop (min 2 tires).
-Break- Mandatory stop (min 2 tires)
Segment 2- 50 laps, mandatory green flag stop (min 2 tires)
-Break- Mandatory 4-tire stop, ONLY Top 9, 10, or 11 cars can pit.
Segment 3- 13 laps

NASCAR wants the field at 20, so there might be two Fan Vote winners.

e- Multiple media sources and Junyer are both reporting this entire format is apparently Brad Keselowski's idea.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 6, 2016

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

when is the NASCAR skills challenge?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

dunk contest lets GO

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
— After the second segment, a random draw will be held to determine if nine, 10 or 11 cars must enter pit road for a mandatory four-tire pit stop. Pit road will be closed for all other cars. Cars leaving pit road will align behind those that did not pit to begin the final segment

:regd08:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

http://steveluvender.com/projects/allstar/

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Sra starting last tonight

Jwt is starting first lol.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

see? look at this poo poo

The guy casually wiping off the windshield with a kleenex. Also when I worked for Red Byron back in the day we had to carry the tires up hill in the snow every race 6 maybe 7 times!!! And we called it having fun because back then bygod a day's work would kill you literally!!!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/728736369913167872

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Junyer owns.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

All-star format: 1 lap at Darlington in bone stock Chevy Aveos

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Peanut President posted:

The guy casually wiping off the windshield with a kleenex. Also when I worked for Red Byron back in the day we had to carry the tires up hill in the snow every race 6 maybe 7 times!!! And we called it having fun because back then bygod a day's work would kill you literally!!!

the last guy and his 1,000 words bereft of punctuation

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

owns

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
An article about Dave Blaney being injured tonight in a sprint car crash has been accompanied by this very helpful image.

link

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Spungler no :( Had a good top 10 goin.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey, uh...this is a fun Truck race.

Pro click.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

HahahahHhhahaa

(Sorry GMS)

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

DOES JOHNNY SAUTER HAVE TO CHOKE A BITCH

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Cygni posted:

HahahahHhhahaa

(Sorry GMS)

You mess with the bull*, you get the horns

*hire Grala, Kennedy and Bowyer

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Racing is rad sometimes

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I stumbled upon the last laps of this, wish I had known/thought about it before. gently caress Kyle Busch and Liberty University but that's pretty cool for such a young kid.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Johnny wove to the bottom to break the draft, then shot back up the racetrack which left an opening for Rhodes to poke the nose in.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Kansas always has random hilarious races after the repave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

L_Harrison posted:

Kansas always has random hilarious races after the repave.

I keep saying this but everyone forgets it every year.

• Locked thread