Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

TeenageArchipelago posted:

reddit isn't wrong about it technically being pirating (assuming that you call downloading IP without the owners consent pirating)

Um. Noted, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Haha according to that reddit thread, the New Vegas 4gb loader (the updated, working version) has been pulled over ModPicker drama.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Haha according to that reddit thread, the New Vegas 4gb loader (the updated, working version) has been pulled over ModPicker drama.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55061/

huh?

e: I hope mator is a bro and gives a fork to some nutty 4channer to make the "real mod picker" that doesn't let idiots remove their mods for no reason

mbt fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 4, 2016

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Mortimer posted:

huh?

e: I hope mator is a bro and gives a fork to some nutty 4channer to make the "real mod picker" that doesn't let idiots remove their mods for no reason

Same, except instead of "nutty 4channer" it should be "this thread."

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mortimer posted:

huh?

It was, but it looks like he put it back after Mator and his team caved to demands. Give em and inch, and they take a mile...

Also, I'm pretty sure that guy works on TTW (he at the very least made a ton of mod patches for it), and had a similar meltdown when people kept complaining his version of Darn UI wasn't compatible with oHud (which he of course blamed Gopher for)/has issue with Pipboy replacers. Dude very much seems of the mindset "it works on my setup, maybe you're just dumb and bad".

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Psion posted:

The string count issue? like if you have enough saves to overflow the integer?

Yeah, though it's much more pressing if your running a game with a lot of quest and follower mods (like I was; I ended up burning that profile to the ground and started anew).

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It's hilarious that mod authors think that they can control users and what users do on their machines when multiple millions (billions?) of dollars have been spent by massive companies and governments trying to do it. If The RIAA can't do it the Nexus can't. If users want to play content that's been created they will and there isn't a goddamned thing they can do about it, the least mod authors can do is recognize that the only reason they have any say or respect is because users gave it to them, it isn't inherent.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

TeenageArchipelago posted:

reddit isn't wrong about it technically being pirating (assuming that you call downloading IP without the owners consent pirating)
You still have to go to Nexus to download stuff Mod Picker suggests. It doesn't host mods.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

FronzelNeekburm posted:

You still have to go to Nexus to download stuff Mod Picker suggests. It doesn't host mods.

BUT WHAT IF IT CENSORS MY VERY IMPORTANT ART!!!

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I've started getting an annoying sound bug in interior cells where it sounds like physics objects are colliding over and over, this is happening in multiple cells and I can't locate any actual objects that seem to be bugging out inside each other. Anyone had this? Google suggests it's something to do with frame rate, but ipresentinterval is set to 1 in the ini so I don't know.

Edit: Huh, fraps says I'm getting like 100 fps even though vsync is supposedly on, turned it on in nvidia options and it seems to be fixed.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 10:00 on May 4, 2016

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Is there anything better than the 1000-year old Brawl Bugs patch? My mods seem to have permanently destroyed any chance of brawling even with the BBP. Every single fight turns into a psychotic duel to the death, even if I never throw a punch. I'm sure it's some background magic effect that is running and is being tripped by the awful, awful brawl system. I'd even just settle for a console command to win a brawl. I tried using 'kill' on enemies as soon as the brawl begins, and they take a knee then die a few seconds later as I'm talking with them to try and finish the brawl.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Sometimes it's just a matter of trimming the fat, my man. I was having brawl bugs that wouldn't go away, compatability from sperg and the vampire mod I was using didn't help, the fix didn't help, in the end the solution was getting rid of a mod that makes you leave footprints, as I guess it had some kind of persistent effect on the player?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

For the millionth time, install the brawl bugs cheat patch and be happy - it's even in the OP. Brawls are fragile and poorly scripted. Just Install the cheat patch.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Agents are GO! posted:

For the millionth time, install the brawl bugs cheat patch and be happy - it's even in the OP. Brawls are fragile and poorly scripted. Just Install the cheat patch.

Ah, thanks. I hadn't looked at the OP in a while as I know it is in need of some updating.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
In a way I can't help but enjoy it when brawls break because I always get treated to a killer suplex or the like.

Also 2handers with SPERG at high levels are annoying because I keep killing my follower :black101:

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Money to bribe guards + Pacify is all the brawl bugfixing I need.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The piracy comments weren't about mod picker.
Wyrmstooth-dude removed his mod for whatever reason. Someone still wanted it and was sent to the mod piracy subreddit.

Rexicon1 posted:

BUT WHAT IF IT CENSORS MY VERY IMPORTANT ART!!!
Nah, it's "But what if someone says something negative about my art and I can't censor them!!".

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 4, 2016

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

can't they find a way to just leech the files without going to the nexus page itself? I feel like that should be possible considering nexus doesn't make you put in a captcha or anything

e: Yeah you log into the program like you do with Mod Organizer

there has to be a way

mbt fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 4, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Nexus requires a login for files over 2MB and/or flagged as adult content, which is to say 99% of their files

also from what I understand the nexus staff don't really care about Modpicker and so they probably don't want to rock that particular boat

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Psion posted:

also from what I understand the nexus staff don't really care about Arthmoor hates Modpicker and so they probably don't want to rock that particular boat he wants to kill it before it gets off the ground
Fixed that for you.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

IAmTheRad posted:

Fixed that for you.

oh I already knew that part.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

IAmTheRad posted:

Fixed that for you.

Just slap some Oblivion gates on the site and make everyone happy then.

kilinrax
Oct 27, 2014

Those eyes ... they disappeared.
I recently installed Dogs Of Skyrim, Better Stealth AI for Followers and SkyTweak and a few hours later, my framerates drop through the floor in big battles.

Uninstalling SkyTweak made no difference. I'm tempted to say 'screw it' and uninstall all my follower mods (since they still just get in the drat way when I'm sneaking - and followers have definitely started acting weird): the two above, Immersive Horses and Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks. Obviously I'm planning to follow the respective readme procedure, and keep the mods installed (just disabled), in case this fucks up my poo poo. Has anyone done this mid-playthrough, and know how likely is it to gently caress up my poo poo?

Installing SPERG is also very tempting, ... so I guess same question adding it midgame? Just discovered this thread and so far I've only caught up on the first 50-odd pages.

Can provide a full list of installed mods when I'm back home, if y'all reckon I'm blaming the wrong mods.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Don't add or remove mods midgame.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Whizbang posted:

Don't add or remove mods midgame.

gently caress you, you're not my dad.

I am still running my original save file, must have added and removed like 300 mods during my playtime. It's creaking.

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010
WTB a one-download, proven and patched selection of mods to make Skyrim purty and add a bunch of quests.

I don't necessarily care if it's not pirated, I'd just like it all to work together.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

wateroverfire posted:

WTB a one-download, proven and patched selection of mods to make Skyrim purty and add a bunch of quests.

I don't necessarily care if it's not pirated, I'd just like it all to work together.

doesn't exist cya

skyrim the journey but it sucks

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

wateroverfire posted:

Wait for Enderal.

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Wait for Enderal.

Looks hot.

Mortimer posted:

skyrim the journey but it sucks

How bad?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

wateroverfire posted:

Looks hot.

How bad?

it was made for "HARDCORE PLAYERS ONLY" and is featurebloated to be unrecognizable, google it or something

just mod your own game it isn't hard it just takes a bit

a texture pack and an ENB are most of the graphics quality you need

then you have to ask "do I want to redo the bad vanilla perks" and decide which mod you want to do that
do you want cold to kill you
do you want a hunger/thirst requirement
what about enemy diversity (what kinds?)
you could get alchemy mods
you could restrict smithing and enchanting, or get mods that handplace loot
there's like 100000 house mods

there's a reason this thread exists, if "click to get graphics" existed we wouldn't be here

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Mortimer posted:

it was made for "HARDCORE PLAYERS ONLY" and is featurebloated to be unrecognizable, google it or something

then you have to ask "do I want to redo the bad vanilla perks" and decide which mod you want to do that

there's a reason this thread exists, if "click to get graphics" existed we wouldn't be here

You forgot to ask if he wanted anime waifu or not.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

that's an assumed yes

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ynglaur posted:

if you're posting in a skyrim thread on the internet the answer is yes, of course

e: hahaha, nice Mortimer

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

Mortimer posted:

that's an assumed yes

I want my waifus lore friendly.

Mortimer posted:

I googled it and people seemed pretty happy with it. I just want to play through again with a novel experience and better graphics now that I have a PC that can support it. I'm really looking forward to the new OP.

I've just found the process very frustrating.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Wait for Enderal.

Oh sweet, I had wondered if the peeps behind Nehrim were gonna do one for Skyrim. Nehrim was great.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

kilinrax posted:

Installing SPERG is also very tempting, ... so I guess same question adding it midgame? Just discovered this thread and so far I've only caught up on the first 50-odd pages.

I did it midgame and had no problems. I also have only 25 or so mods and they are all graphical/QoL so YMMV.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

wateroverfire posted:

For real though, the advent of mod managers has made mod packs increasingly redundant now that anyone can get a bunch of mods working together without much trouble. Just go ham and install a bunch of mods all at once, it'll probably be okay, and file managers do most of the hard work for you.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I don't know how to Mator Smash or Wrye Bash or whatever to merge things. Can't wait for the new OP :shobon:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Davoren posted:

For real though, the advent of mod managers has made mod packs increasingly redundant now that anyone can get a bunch of mods working together without much trouble. Just go ham and install a bunch of mods all at once, it'll probably be okay, and file managers do most of the hard work for you.

Mod managers are rad and it is easier than ever but that's still too hard for people. If you are going to say something like 'then those players don't get to play the mods' then that's mean, everyone should be able to play :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

KakerMix posted:

Mod managers are rad and it is easier than ever but that's still too hard for people. If you are going to say something like 'then those players don't get to play the mods' then that's mean, everyone should be able to play :mad:
:shrug: Everyone is able to play.
Modding isn't hard. In my experience the problem is more that people aren't willing to put in some time and effort to learn.

• Locked thread