Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Potato Salad posted:

........other......thread? More birds???!

The thread the cockatiel gundam came from; it's a Trad Games thread (click the name of the poster in Tendai's quote)

Eejit posted:

If you flip Teeka upside down, he makes a noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy2ka_OABYs

A Very Good Birb :3:

E: Inko bathes in the blood of his enemies makes his own tea

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
It's that time again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPMPnBr9d4c

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

teeka :kimchi: echoing that you two are adorable together.

also hi chlorine :h:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He's getting clearer, can hear him trying to say "don't want to go" and "don't want to go vets" underneath the higher pitched imperial droid noises,

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

learnincurve posted:

He's getting clearer, can hear him trying to say "don't want to go" and "don't want to go vets" underneath the higher pitched imperial droid noises,

Haha wow you weren't kidding, at 1:23 especially there's some serious :byodood: I DON'T WANT TO GO VET :byodood: happening

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 3, 2016

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Teeka is wrenching out my heart. He has such as remarkably sweet, honky voice.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

learnincurve posted:

Holy poo poo, I've crossed the threshold and can now understand birds, or at least Max

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Just in case anyone was wondering - Wandy is back to her mostly normal self! She still seems to be having trouble with her vitamin A deficiency which means she still has shoots of keratin around her beak that flake off, but the allergies seem dealt with!

Here she is, being a jackass. Refuses to leave me to explore unless it's a bowl full of the only treat she eats. -

Just as I post that I catch her sleeping in the bottom corner of her cage and acting sluggish.

Stop scaring me sweetheart!

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 3, 2016

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Battle Pigeon posted:

and now can only wolf whistle and sing the first few notes of the March
Basically Judah but with the first five or six notes of a random Japanese children's song

Eejit posted:

Oh holy poo poo :3:

That bird :allears:

Captain Log posted:

Here she is, being a jackass. Refuses to leave me to explore unless it's a bowl full of the only treat she eats. -

Hahaha you're being outsmarted by a cockatiel.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Eejit posted:

I was half expecting him to make that gravity tube groaning noise. "Whooooooork.... *flips* bwuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I was half expecting him to make that gravity tube groaning noise. "Whooooooork.... *flips* bwuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
Holy poo poo someone teach a bird to do this RIGHT loving NOW

I would but if I tried to flip Judah upside down, particularly right now during hormonal time, I would be the first person in PI to lose their fingers to their cockatiel.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pretty sure Max cast a death curse on his owner at around 3:15.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Tendai posted:

Holy poo poo someone teach a bird to do this RIGHT loving NOW

I would but if I tried to flip Judah upside down, particularly right now during hormonal time, I would be the first person in PI to lose their fingers to their cockatiel.

This is kinda close.... a grey doing her ab work :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pqu9yO3G0s&feature=youtu.be

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

learnincurve posted:

All I can hear is variations of "I want a divorce!", his go-to statement when he gets upset.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Eejit posted:

Oh my poo poo :love:

And today I learned that umbrellas all have pretty much the same voice

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

That birb's form is rubbish. I bet she does Crossfit. :mad:

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

We had a bit of a scare lately! My boyfriend accidentally left the stove burner on without it being lit and it leaked natural gas very slowly into our loft apartment for a couple of hours. I got a headache before I finally smelled it (drat you human senses for adapting so subtly to slow changes). The bird was upstairs, luckily, and natural gas is heavier than air,. We immediately opened the windows once I realized what was going on and vented air, but decided it was best to leave the bird near a window rather than put her in the bathroom with the fan on - it would just draw air under the door, which would just bring gas into the bathroom. I called the vet immediately to ask if I should take her to the e-vet.

:ohdear: : Hey, so my bird was exposed to natural gas today, do I need to take her to the e-vet?
:goleft: : Well, is she acting normally?
:ohdear: : *walking over to the bird, tries to pet her, gets bit* ...oh yeah, she's acting totally normal.
:goleft: Well, as bad as this is going to sound, generally the way you can tell if the bird inhaled gas is if they're dead. If she's not dead, she's probably fine, but definitely keep an eye on her and bring her in tomorrow.

Anyway, I took her in the next day and got her annual checkup done too - her blood values are all normal and her lungs are perfectly fine. Bullet dodged! If you guys remember, I killed my last bird through a combination of poor judgement and bad luck, so I'm not sure what I'd do if my boyfriend killed the bird this time around. At least we'd be even, I guess.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

New apartment has electric stove, electric heating. Heater not being gas costs me a little more, but it (and other factors) will let me actually have a bird.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pile of Kittens posted:

:ohdear: : *walking over to the bird, tries to pet her, gets bit* ...oh yeah, she's acting totally normal.

birds.txt

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Suntan Boy posted:

Oh my poo poo :love:

And today I learned that umbrellas all have pretty much the same voice

Yeah, seems that way, although the more videos I watch the more I notice subtle differences. I'm sure your old man and Teeka would sound fairly distinct to both of us.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

um

what

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Thats what happens when a parrot gets greyscale.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

They're parrotfish obviously.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Agent355 posted:

:mediocre:

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Some house sparrows built a nest under my A/C unit this year and their eggs hatched finally. Now I have to hear baby sparrows all day and all night in addition to my stupid birds and the nest is right by my bed

Official Bizness
Dec 4, 2007

wark wark wark

Honestly, I'd trust my birds to defend me against an attacker more than I would my dog.

Zeke used to launch himself like a naked little bullet at people who approached me. Bless. :allears:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ozy freaks out if she sees pretty much anyone unfamiliar outside the window. (Also at Venetian blind strings, power cords, and shoelaces, but nevermind.)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Some house sparrows built a nest under my A/C unit this year and their eggs hatched finally. Now I have to hear baby sparrows all day and all night in addition to my stupid birds and the nest is right by my bed
Until my dick landlord knocked them off last year, we had mountain swallows nest under the eaves of our roof every summer, the same nests were there for years. They were really cute when they'd start fledging and be all awkward :3:

Official Bizness posted:

Honestly, I'd trust my birds to defend me against an attacker more than I would my dog.

Zeke used to launch himself like a naked little bullet at people who approached me. Bless. :allears:
I would not trust either one of my pets. Kiska growls like she's going to turn into an attack cat, until someone's inside and then it's okay. Or if they're outside and she's outside. Basically, anyone approaching the house with the door closed is suspect. Judah would just start whistling if anyone yelled.

Useless, both of them.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why Mr. Ohtori, are you giving me a flirty side eye :bigtran:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Halloween Jack posted:

Ozy freaks out if she sees pretty much anyone unfamiliar outside the window. (Also at Venetian blind strings, power cords, and shoelaces, but nevermind.)

All of those could definitely possibly be snakes, to be fair

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yes. And so could football socks, belts, vacuum hoses...

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
I just got a text from my upstairs neighbour (i rent a basement suite) telling me she accidentally let her cat downstairs when going down to flip a breaker, and apparently I left a cage door open. I'm told Garrus and Gillian dive-bombed the cat repeatedly until he ran away, and apparently now the cat is afraid to even go near the basement door. :black101:

I swear I remember closing all the cage doors. I hope they haven't found a way to open it...

Edit:
They were still a bit stressed out when I got home, but otherwise alright.

Squatch Ambassador fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 5, 2016

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Agent355 posted:

UUUUUUuuggghhhh oh my god

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ahhh I have such a soft spot for pearl potatoes :3: My first ladytiel was a pearl.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hungry Computer posted:

They were still a bit stressed out when I got home, but otherwise alright.

"Stay the gently caress off our turf, cat" :toughguy:

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Official Bizness posted:

I think we could trust Gunter and Maestro to maul all attackers (not that I would, because oh my god no, those are my baby birdies D: ). Maestro certainly hates all our guests and Gunter certainly dislikes anyone who isn't jade.

We'll be going away this weekend. This will be the first time they won't be staying with my parents (except for Maestro; he has yet to be away from us since we adopted him). We'll be having a trusted friend checking in on them at the apartment, but I'm still so nervous. What if Maestro gets out? (we'll be putting a padlock on his cage, since he might have gotten out before). What if...some vague thing? :ohdear: We're only three hours away, at most, but we'll be gone for 3-4 days.

I've already purchased new toys and treats and written out all the instructions. Is there anything else I can do to make it easier for them?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Taco alternates between flipping out and attacking some of our friends and liking others, seemingly at random.

Except for one friend, who Taco hates with a passion. I suspect its because he called Taco a "loving Callipo" (the ice cream) once, and he hasn't forgiven him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Judah loves pretty much everyone, especially if they've got loud voices and don't shut up. Consequently he has a serious crush on my landlord, who has no concept of an inside voice.