Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Neither is school cafeteria pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Most of what passes as food in American school cafeterias would likely be called child abuse elsewhere in the western world. There really is such a thing as government cheese and you do not want to eat it

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

VideoGames posted:

Someone was absolutely amazing to me and donated a procurer to help give me a goal of what skills to train. I am finally able to use it thanks to some cybernetic implants (also donated!) and I am watching my strip miner obliterate this Viscous Pyroxerxes! :D

My ultimate end goal is to have a hangar of one of every mining vessel!

It was I who donated the implants and the skills.
Youre very welcome.

It was a great fleet we had today.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Jazzzzz posted:

Most of what passes as food in American school cafeterias would likely be called child abuse elsewhere in the western world. There really is such a thing as government cheese and you do not want to eat it

I'm fairly certain I looked up the company that did my school's food and their primary business was prisons

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

VideoGames posted:

Everybody, please meet Boulder:

:D My skills just finished learning!

Congrats good sir! Bolder is looking mighty fine.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
In the american south some put ranch dressing on fries. Is bad.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainFortea posted:

Flabergasted at your poor comprehension does not equal bitter.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he made a joke cause his name is uba

I wouldn't try to explain things to them. They don't seem to get the subtle joke. :v:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
TEST blaming everyone but themselves for a basic inability to follow rules? That's unprecedented.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Germstore posted:

In the american south some put ranch dressing on fries. Is bad.

People put ranch on everything.

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

VideoGames posted:

And the only thing I am not willing to lose is Rock.

Learning to let go of attachments will allow you to enjoy this game (and life in general!) even more than you already do and for a much longer time.

Loosing ships is life here. Attachments to assets can be toxic in EVE. Harder to get over the loss because of attachment. Learn to loose stuff right away, with frequency. :D

Celebrate the the good times learned with Rock by using its destruction (on your own terms) to generate even more good times and memories and gaining personal skill. Have your first 1v1 pvp with an another corp member with Rock. Venture Games can be quite fun. Or even better, let these these experienced players that have joined your corp set up some bait operations with you.

I just watched the scaredpanda's Fanfest presentation from a few weeks ago, she just started playing EVE 9 months ago. She didn't have any interest in PvP and actively avoided it for the first couple months. A fun time with some experienced pvp players helped make her EVE experience even more fulfilling. Now she loves killing things in little frigates. Even getting sniped during her streams doesn't really phase her.

Don't buy a CODE. mining license but also embrace that fact you may now end up being a target for them because of messages posted here. You'll learn to be a better, happier miner/player.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sounds more like the Delimiter dudes are stupid than anything.

That's just farting in the wind. Most colo's and webhosts are setup the same stupid way, source: Me I've worked for a few and since worked with a few. If someone jacked their IP they'd know it immediately because shocker: TEST's mumble server would start dropping every few seconds during that entire period. Also creating a separate vlan for every vps/colo would be a giant pain in the dick and a management nightmare which breaks the cardinal rule of webhosting "Keep this poo poo as simple, cheap, and hands off as possible because our sysadmin turnover is so high that we need it to be managed by half trained dullards."

More than likely what happened is the dumb idiots let a botnet loose on their own server and welp. poo poo happened.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Jazzzzz posted:

actually according to a friend of mine, gov cheese wasnt bad at least in the 80s

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

vyst posted:

People put ranch on everything.

yeah, the big girl liked that on her pizza

actually according to a friend of mine, gov cheese wasnt bad at least in the 80s

some of it was like Velveeta, some of it was more like thick orange play-doh that smelled of unwashed feet. I grew up relatively poor so in grade school I helped out in the cafeteria as part of a free lunch program. The honey that was served with chicken nuggets came in a giant can with "USDA Grade C" stamped on the side, the cheese came wrapped in wax paper with USDA writing on it, etc. This was early-mid 80s

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 5, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
the poo poo my buddy got was mostly colby apparently

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Haha DHDs meltdown on Reddit is beautiful

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/h5jd59f.webm

a gift from 48

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jazzzzz posted:

yeah, the big girl liked that on her pizza

:barf:

quote:

some of it was like Velveeta, some of it was more like thick orange play-doh that smelled of unwashed feet. I grew up relatively poor so in grade school I helped out in the cafeteria as part of a free lunch program. The honey that was served with chicken nuggets came in a giant can with "USDA Grade C" stamped on the side, the cheese came wrapped in wax paper with USDA writing on it, etc. This was early-mid 80s

Cheese isn't supposed to be a neutral odor, the best tasting ones usually stink a bit.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

VideoGames posted:

Oh dear, someone mentioned the Code ticker group to me a long time ago. :( Well I'm not doing any botting or anything against their rules, so I hopefully should be OK!

The rules are just for show, they'll gank you no matter what you do.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

dragonstalking posted:

The rules are just for show, they'll gank you no matter what you do.

Not once in the entire history of CODE. Alliance has a member ganked someone that followed The Code (The New Halaima Code of Conduct) and had a legitimate mining permit.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Not once in the entire history of CODE. Alliance has a member ganked someone that followed The Code (The New Halaima Code of Conduct) and had a legitimate mining permit.

Oh yeah you're right, my mistake.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

Cheese isn't supposed to be a neutral odor, the best tasting ones usually stink a bit.

nah, I get that, but this didn't smell like cheese at all. The stuff marked cheddar smelled vaguely like cheddar, but the stuff marked "American" didn't smell like Kraft slices, it smelled like a bum's feet.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Don't gently caress with Videogames. :catbert:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
american cheese isnt actually cheese dude

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Don't gently caress with Videogames. :catbert:

I'm trying to protect VideoGames from the dangers of illegal mining and operating in highsec without a permit.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

yeah it's a plastic.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
concord decides the legality of things in highsec :colbert:

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Jazzzzz posted:

Government cheese isn't the same everywhere you go. I used to know a bunch of dudes who swore it was great, and they weren't the "herp derp murrican cheese da best" kind of people.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

concord decides the legality of things in highsec :colbert:

spoken like a true heretic

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i fought the law and the law won

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

yeah it's a plastic.

No joke this is where government cheese comes from

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Where did you find a top secret photo of North Korea's ballistic missile program?!?!?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
north korea knows how to make cheese out of rock

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like PL took EC- today - based off of dotlan and my ping history, I'm guessing the timeline went "goonswarm dragged its feet on getting the station, PL dropped triage FAX on the nodes with T3 support, DBRB thought it would be a good idea to try to DPS race the FAXes against the T3s in bombers, someone told him he was insane, and we tried impromtu mass ECM against the FAXes, which proved semi-effective but way too late"?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

"HAH! These are what your uncle's intestines looked like after I let my dogs disembowel him for making fun of my haircut"

I doubt the stuff I was unwrapping for the cafeteria lady was either

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

Looks like PL took EC- today - based off of dotlan and my ping history, I'm guessing the timeline went "goonswarm dragged its feet on getting the station, PL dropped triage FAX on the nodes with T3 support, DBRB thought it would be a good idea to try to DPS race the FAXes against the T3s in bombers, someone told him he was insane, and we tried impromtu mass ECM against the FAXes, which proved semi-effective but way too late"?

The bombers were a good idea but the faxes have a crazy tank, they had the new capital asbs.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I never understood CCP logic on ASBs vs AARs - ASBs can be multi-stacked, and don't require cap - neither of which is true of AARs.

Also what's the logic behind shield reps hitting at the start of a cycle?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Goatman Sacks posted:

Might have something to do with Shields having an innate regen.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Goatman Sacks posted:

I never understood CCP logic on ASBs vs AARs - ASBs can be multi-stacked, and don't require cap - neither of which is true of AARs.

It makes no sense since AAR's only have disadvantages without any of the advantages, I guess the only sorta plus that shook out is that its easier to run a AAR after it runs out of paste with just pure cap than it is a ASB :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
they're called ancillary systems probably cause ccp envisioned them as secondary tanks but the shield ones are basically their own tank system so lol

i think they probably were originally capless but after playtesting ccp realized that having a clearly superior tanking system was loving stupid so they made both their own thing

E: actually its definitely cause of volume. paste is tiny, cap boosters are probably like 80% of your cargo bay

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 5, 2016

• Locked thread