Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
please replace the two cathedral gsword knights in front of oceiros with a single non-respawning 2x health white dragondog, thx in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

hard counter posted:

Yeah his transposed sword says he took out a demon before getting up to weird poo poo with his brother.

Yeah. Hehe, weird poo poo indeed.

Seriously speaking, I still don't know if Lothric ALREADY linked the fire or is the current destined Lord who just doesn't want to do it. The dialogue seems to imply the latter, else why treat him as any different than the other three Lords?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

argondamn posted:

haha you guys think they'll directly confirm something that is vaguely alluded to in flavor text?

Yeah, they always do in dlc

And raise a shitload of new more confusing questions...

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

argondamn posted:

OHhhhh you have to put it on!

Well now it all works! thanks man!

I don't know if you're being passive aggressive or whatever but I see an awful lot of crying and bitching about ear collecting and I'm sitting here at level 30 with a +3 Lucerne at the Crucifixion bonfire in the Road of Sacrifices with 17 Ears in 2 hours.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I see an awful lot of people who don't realise you have to equip covenants.

Because that's never how they worked before.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Stokes posted:

I don't know if you're being passive aggressive or whatever but I see an awful lot of crying and bitching about ear collecting and I'm sitting here at level 30 with a +3 Lucerne at the Crucifixion bonfire in the Road of Sacrifices with 17 Ears in 2 hours.

Congratulations, you're one of the lucky few that it actually works for. It doesn't work for me, and the vast majority of people, at any soul/upgrade level. We aren't doing anything wrong, and you aren't doing anything right.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bombadilillo posted:

I see an awful lot of people who don't realise you have to equip covenants.

Because that's never how they worked before.

Instead of raising the banner you should of just had to equip the Way of the Blue covenant symbol to summon the gargoyles. That would force people to learn how the covenant system works too progress.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010

hard counter posted:

A bunch of items previously and consistently associated with Gwynevere now refer to the Queen of Lothric. There's a bunch of corroborating stuff like both figures being associated with fertility, bounty and producing heavenly children. That's sadly about as clear as Dark Souls Lore get.

The bad end is Gwynevere possibly became Rosaria. Her room is filled with cribs and its generally arranged in the same manner as it was in Anor Londo. Both figures are associated with mothers with the Queen of Lothric's items specifically mentioning she was held in high regard for her mother stuff. When you transpose Rosaria's soul, you get Gwynevere's signature miracle. Gotta wait for DLC to shed more light on this though since that's still pretty thin.

The ring you get from the Fingers says "Rosaria, the mother of rebirth, was robbed of her tongue by her firstborn, and has been waiting for their return ever since" which doesn't really gel with that theory

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah, they always do in dlc
And raise a shitload of new more confusing questions...

Did they ever explain what the king in Majula brought back from the Land of Giants in DS2?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gologle posted:

Seriously speaking, I still don't know if Lothric ALREADY linked the fire or is the current destined Lord who just doesn't want to do it. The dialogue seems to imply the latter, else why treat him as any different than the other three Lords?

He did link the fire but his brother did most of the burning in his stead, which is why he's not completely bumfuck crazy while Lorian is a crawling screaming mess

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

argondamn posted:

Congratulations, you're one of the lucky few that it actually works for. It doesn't work for me, and the vast majority of people, at any soul/upgrade level. We aren't doing anything wrong, and you aren't doing anything right.

I disagree.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gologle posted:

I'm fairly certain he was raised with the intention that he would link the fire when it started to fade again, but when it became clear that time had come, he pretty much just locked himself up in the castle with his brother and said,"Nah Imma just sit here and wait for everything to die."

CharlestonJew posted:

He did link the fire but his brother did most of the burning in his stead, which is why he's not completely bumfuck crazy while Lorian is a crawling screaming mess

Isn't Lorian's condition a result of his armor? Something about it slowly degrading his body (and he willingly letting it do so, perhaps in sympathy for/to feel closer to his brother)?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

argondamn posted:

I don't think its the vast majority.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Lorian is hosed because of his brother's curse. He was cursed (willingly) by Lothric, binding their souls together so as to make Lothric linking the fire an actual possibility, on account of how frail he is.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah Lorian was just born as a frail loser and his brother felt bad so he joined his soul with his to share the burden of his curse. He hasn't linked the fire, and never will, because it turns out raising someone from birth for the sole purpose of immolating themselves makes them nihilistic and bitter.

VVV Uh, I'm not sure where you got incest out of that.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 5, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah Lorian was just born as a frail loser and his brother felt bad so he joined his soul with his to share the burden of his curse. He hasn't linked the fire, and never will, because it turns out raising someone from birth for the sole purpose of immolating themselves makes them nihilistic and bitter.

Oh drat, minus the incest this hits closer to home than I want it to.

EDIT: And the burning in primal fire. And having siblings. And being a prince. And having a castle.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Actually I don't think I can relate to that at all!!!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Kild posted:

I don't think its the vast majority.

There was a literal organized event, where people were sitting around with way of blue, getting invaded by people also in the event, hoping to summon darkblade people in the event, all in the same area, all with the same soul and upgrade levels, and it still didn't work.

There have been comparisons, with two people at the same levels, same area, across a wide spectrum, and one person gets summoned constantly (even to repeated hosts!) and the other person gets nothing.

Like every discussion about the Bluecops is how broken they are, with the occasional outlier saying they get summoned constantly.

Stokes posted:

I disagree.

So, what then, is your fix? At best all you have to say is 'be a low level' and there's a poo poo ton of counter examples from people who have done exactly that and it didn't work.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Anyone know a fix for blinding phantoms/hosts? I've been trying pvp lately and it's been awfully bright.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Crummelhorn posted:

The ring you get from the Fingers says "Rosaria, the mother of rebirth, was robbed of her tongue by her firstborn, and has been waiting for their return ever since" which doesn't really gel with that theory

Does it? Do we know who the first born is? Even though it's all coy as hell, I thought From was dropping plenty of hints here. Having to get her soul by using the orb in the princess room in Anor Londo because leonard brought it there is another tell. The miracle you can get from the dancer, soothing sunlight distances itself from Gwynevere saying it was given out to her maids but Bountiful Sunlight mentions her by name: Special miracle granted by the Princess of Sunlight. Gradually restores a large amount of HP for self and those in the vicinity. The miracles of Gwynevere, loved as both mother and wife, bestow their blessing on a great many warriors. They're definitely trying to make the player form connections. Rosaria's def at least a close relative if nothing else. It'd be cool if the DLC was about the firstborn or Ocelotte just to tie up loose ends.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

There was a literal organized event, where people were sitting around with way of blue, getting invaded by people also in the event, hoping to summon darkblade people in the event, all in the same area, all with the same soul and upgrade levels, and it still didn't work.

There have been comparisons, with two people at the same levels, same area, across a wide spectrum, and one person gets summoned constantly (even to repeated hosts!) and the other person gets nothing.

Like every discussion about the Bluecops is how broken they are, with the occasional outlier saying they get summoned constantly.

So, what then, is your fix? At best all you have to say is 'be a low level' and there's a poo poo ton of counter examples from people who have done exactly that and it didn't work.

that still doesn't make it the vast majority or even the majority.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

That dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.

RatHat posted:

^^^ It's beneficial to send him on the suicide trip.

Where did you send him? He always dies when sent to Lothric Castle if that's what you think you messed up on.

The second trip. His corpse was in the sewers. My first go around it made sense, I had hosed up every other quest. This one, I just don't know.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

THe Twin Princes lore is really good. And the fight as well.. Very good boss.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kild posted:

that still doesn't make it the vast majority or even the majority.
let's call it "way too loving many", then, and end this meaningless semantic debate

net cafe scandal posted:

THe Twin Princes lore is really good. And the fight as well.. Very good boss.
It's really excellent.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
I have a simple favor to ask, can someone on PC hook me up with a Lothric Knight Sword? In typical dark souls fashion, they're not being cooperative. Characters fresh too, so I don't have a ton of options.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

dromer posted:

Did they ever explain what the king in Majula brought back from the Land of Giants in DS2?

I thought is was giant slaves, or the magic to create golem slave creatures. It's been a while.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

hard counter posted:

The bad end is Gwynevere possibly became Rosaria. Her room is filled with cribs and its generally arranged in the same manner as it was in Anor Londo. Both figures are associated with mothers with the Queen of Lothric's items specifically mentioning she was held in high regard for her mother stuff. When you transpose Rosaria's soul, you get Gwynevere's signature miracle. Gotta wait for DLC to shed more light on this though since that's still pretty thin.

I like this one just because it feeds into Aldrich and Pontiff as the real proactive assholes in DS3. :v: So what if the Fire dies, they're gonna be the biggest badasses in the postapocalypse.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Viperix posted:

I have a simple favor to ask, can someone on PC hook me up with a Lothric Knight Sword? In typical dark souls fashion, they're not being cooperative. Characters fresh too, so I don't have a ton of options.

Yeah, I can help. I'll put my sign by the first bonfire in High Wall of Lothric, password is lasertag. Look for Alden.

Mingo
May 7, 2007
the Merciless
Anybody on PS4 want to trade some covenant kills? I just need mound makers to finish my platinum. If you need vertebra or tongues, or just want to help a guy out, send MingoTheMerciles a friend request.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If a dark future exists, why when you go there are there silver and black knights? Whom do they serve?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I like this one just because it feeds into Aldrich and Pontiff as the real proactive assholes in DS3. :v: So what if the Fire dies, they're gonna be the biggest badasses in the postapocalypse.

Aldrich is great. It takes a special man to decide that he wants to eat a god.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006

Harrow posted:

Yeah, I can help. I'll put my sign by the first bonfire in High Wall of Lothric, password is lasertag. Look for Alden.

Do I have to do anything other than just put in the password and look for your sign? Because I'm not seeing anything.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Viperix posted:

Do I have to do anything other than just put in the password and look for your sign? Because I'm not seeing anything.

I'm pretty sure you just put in the password and look for my sign. You're embered, right?

It's right next to the High Wall of Lothric bonfire, should be sunbro yellow.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Yep, I'm embered up right next to High Wall bonfire.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

il serpente cosmico posted:

Oh duh, I totally forgot about the Rosaria room. I wonder where our little Ocelotte is, though.

That baby probably was born with no scales like a total idiot and got super wrecked :laffo: :smith:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Viperix posted:

Yep, I'm embered up right next to High Wall bonfire.

My guess would be some network fuckery then. You have "lasertag" as the password exactly?

I dunno, people have apparently had trouble summoning with passwords so maybe that's it. If it's not working, sorry. :smith:

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

One of the logon message mentions that it can take a while for the sign to show up if your level range is far apart (which I assume it is) and if there are a lot of people online (which they are).

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Domattee posted:

One of the logon message mentions that it can take a while for the sign to show up if your level range is far apart (which I assume it is) and if there are a lot of people online (which they are).

Yeah, my character with the sword is SL 91 so that might be it.

Viperix, I need to head off to bed for work tomorrow but if you still need it tomorrow we can try again.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

argondamn posted:

Which platform do you play on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Well, thanks for the effort. I'll keep that in mind if I can't get it tonight.