Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
It's like with Grossjohn even though he almost killed Alonso once and he beat the crap out of poor Pastor I still can't hate him because he seems like a really nice guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

Rumour mill is that it isn't really a replacement, it's a direct swap. He goes back to Toro Rosso "until he is ready" (for the next young driver to come along no doubt) and Max goes to Red Bull. Both drivers and teams get to keep points.

It's a demotion, and if that does happen he's out of the sport next year.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

yeah kvyat has come across as a good dude every time I see him

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

All things red bull are bad.

I will not have a bad word said about your friend and mine, Australia's favourite son; Daniel Riccardo.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

The warring states period of lonely.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

MustardFacial posted:

I have decided to do the stupidest thing possible and save up to buy a RiccardoKart. Not because it's actually better, or that I'm nearly good enough to need a brand new kart, but mostly because it has Riccardo's name one it and also because it's white. I'll be the most stylish motherfucker on the grid.

Look at this dope thing

Nice Failtardokart

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
You know how this morning we learned they were shutting down their Red Bull cable channel? Now apperantly they arent anymore. I think the wheels are still falling off at red bull and DeeDee MaddyShits has gone full on "Boss out of the office looking over peoples desks" mode.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Kvyat getting Buemied was always going to happen.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Riso posted:

Btw seeing your avatar reminded me.

Pastor is helping Pirelli test the 2017 tyres!

I didn't realise they crash tested the tyres too, that's a pretty thorough job they're doing

learnincurve posted:

Rumour mill is that it isn't really a replacement, it's a direct swap. He goes back to Toro Rosso "until he is ready" (for the next young driver to come along no doubt) and Max goes to Red Bull. Both drivers and teams get to keep points.

That's a bigger slap in the chops than just being straight up ditched and cast aside, being replaced by a kid barely out of nappies because you're not ready for the big boy seat. ha. Shame, I kinda like Kyvat. He looks like a goofy motherfucker. I bet he'd be a laugh to have a drink with.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I really hope Ricky D stomps Their Max. But he won't. The most punchable driver in F1 will probably be 2nd in the WDC at the end of the year. There is no god. There is only Bernie.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Moving Kvyat over a first turn wreck a week after a podium seems a bit harsh

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Goetta posted:

Moving Kvyat over a first turn wreck a week after a podium seems a bit harsh

He wouldn't have had that podium if Dan's tyre didn't get punctured.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Norns posted:

He wouldn't have had that podium if Dan's tyre didn't get punctured.

Still, he doesn't have a history of this happening does he? Seems a bit harsh to me too. I won't believe it until RBR says something.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Redbull should give my boy JEV a call. Guy had talent. Much closer to Ricciardo then Kvyat has ever been.

(Im not a Verstrapon fan)

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Andrew Benson says it's not 100% but is likely to happen

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Horner's cruising for a polonium sandwich.

#justice4Litvinenko

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I really hope Ricky D stomps Their Max. But he won't. The most punchable driver in F1 will probably be 2nd in the WDC at the end of the year. There is no god. There is only Bernie.

I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Colgate but if he beats frogboy he'll move on to my list of drivers I actually like.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Vercrappen is a fraud and he will be found out sooner or later

you'll see I'm always right about these things

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm the first one to say shitcrappen is a massive fraud who has been overhyped to an almost criminal level.

But if you think Red Bull aren't going to run with that and make their gold child look good regardless of the amount of actual talent then lol.

edit: Peter Windsor is a nationalist twat.

Bottas hits Lewis: Bottas is a menace, williams should fire him, and hell criminal charges should be pressed. Absolutely eviscerated him.
Kyvat hits Vettel twice: questionable racing incident in the first corner of a race.

"Rosberg is a genius driver but.... its all because they switched the mechanics crews between the drivers" Jesus Christ.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 5, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Excited for the 2017 season to see Max get switched out in favor of some 12 year old.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Excited for the 2017 season to see Nico Rosberg dumped from the team after winning his only WDC.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Goetta posted:

Excited for the 2017 season to see Max get switched out in favor of some 12 year old a fetus.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

AgentJotun posted:

Redbull should give my boy JEV a call. Guy had talent. Much closer to Ricciardo then Kvyat has ever been.

(Im not a Verstrapon fan)

JEV is too busy being mediocre in an electric golf cart.

Vershitstain is only as good as the beatings his dad gives him.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I would say after sleeping on it that this sounds like red bull could be deliberately playing the press to put the fear of god into Kvyat, either way Red Bull are evil.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I hope people keep pushing the conspiracy theories because it's fun to see Toto get wound up and Lewis probably isn't enjoying them either

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Kyvat has been replaced with Max for the rest of the season.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/status/728125199158149120

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol suck it Fraud Dan

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Wouldn't you just do a Juan Pablo Montoya (crazy bastard) and tell Red Bull to go gently caress themselves and walk out? Russia has no problems doing what China does which is to not recognise contracts when they feel like it so he'll be fine.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
One problem that has gotten brought up a few times is that if you grew up in the Red Bull system, you probably don't have very many contacts outside of that system.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He's just got shitcanned for being too aggressive one race after being on the podium by corporate pig dogs, he'll have no problems finding Russian sponsorship for any other race series from now on. No he probably will never get another F1 seat if he walks but he would never have got one for 2017 anyway.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

So who is next down on the Red Bull ladder? Gasly?

If Kvyat has flunked his RBR seat then surely the smart move is to shuffle him out to pasture and promote another driver up.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Red bull are a scum team.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Red Bull wanting a Ferrari engine next year?

In any case Joss' wife better stock up on makeup and cancel her appointments for the next few days, ol' Bossman has something to celebrate

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I really don't like Kvyat for some vague reason I don't remember anymore, but wow RB are a bunch of assholes.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sucks for Kyvat but it's a real dog-eat-dog sport, Red Bull are just less sentimental about their drivers than teams like Ferrari or Williams. I agree he's probably out of Toro Rosso for next season unless he shines for the rest of the year as much as Vettel, Riciardo and Verstappen combined.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's something very special when you are less sentimental about your drivers than Sir Frank.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

MustardFacial posted:

I bet he refused to apologize so Marko kicked him the gently caress out.

Also because he is a bad driver.

It's messed up what happens when you have a driving incident with a driver of the wrong nationality who keeps brake-checking you in a fraudulent way

Meanwhile I bet Bottas got a bonus for almost killing Lewis in Bahrain

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

1500quidporsche posted:

edit: Peter Windsor is a nationalist twat.

Bottas hits Lewis: Bottas is a menace, williams should fire him, and hell criminal charges should be pressed. Absolutely eviscerated him.
Kyvat hits Vettel twice: questionable racing incident in the first corner of a race.

"Rosberg is a genius driver but.... its all because they switched the mechanics crews between the drivers" Jesus Christ.

What a twat somebody with a sense of fairness how dares he

PS: A nationalist (or anyone who has watched more than 10 minutes of F1) would never say that Rosberg is a genius driver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

It's something very special when you are less sentimental about your drivers than Sir Frank.

It's not that Sir Frank isn't sentimental about his drivers, he just can't remember who they are/were.

• Locked thread