Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should sit on the Iron Throne
Cersei Lannister/Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
Jamie Lannister/Bronn
Jon Snow (bitch you know he ain’t dead)/Ser Davos Seaworth, “the Onion Knight”
Brienne of Tarth/Podrick Payne
Tyrion/Varys/Missandei/Grey Worm coalition
Arya Stark/No One
Sansa Stark/Theon “Reek” Greyjoy
Reanimated corpse of The Mountain/Wight that used to be Badass Wildling Milf
View Results

• Locked thread
Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Since George RR Martin likes to take examples from history I imagine that the Lannisters are going to massacre the priest police and have it be like the Nika Riots.

I mean c'mon, Rains of Castamere. Red Wedding. That's how the Lannisters roll. They crush their enemies underfoot. It's a tradition. I'm only curious as to what they'll do to Lansel Lannister the traitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Sergg posted:

I'm only curious as to what they'll do to Lansel Lannister the traitor.

Lansel Lannister the eunuch or Lansel Lannister the corpse

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I have no clue where the Tommen & Marge line is going, nor do I really care, I just want Robomountain to slay some fools

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

gfanikf posted:

I was just thinking does anything exist in the GoT world where the Lannisters could just pull a Philly PD and drop an explosive on the top of the Sept or is it just going to be Blue Temple fun?

Depends if Tyrion is actually a Targaryan dragon whisperer or not. But the trailer showed a troop formation outside the sept, so I think we can count on a traditional response.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 4, 2016

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

Marge is gonna kill herself after she gets brainwashed by the High Sparrow and Cersei gets Tommen to launch a raid to kill the Sparrows and rescue her. Tommen will be crushed and end up making Joffery's lack of concern for the lives of his people look like Mother Teresa

I'm hoping for a Jamie/Bronn commando raid, but they'll probably end up using the Frankenstein.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Someone wrote the most objectively wrong opinion piece in history

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/04/game-of-thrones-needs-a-sand-snakes-spinoff.html

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Godholio posted:

Depends if Tyrion is actually a Targaryan dragon whisperer or not. But the trailer showed a troop formation outside the sept, so I think we can count on a traditional response.

I doubt he's some secret targ more so that he's right that dragons are smarter than men. They knew he was no threat to them.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I could stand to look at that one girl's cans some more, but that's about it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Sergg posted:

Since George RR Martin likes to take examples from history I imagine that the Lannisters are going to massacre the priest police and have it be like the Nika Riots.

I mean c'mon, Rains of Castamere. Red Wedding. That's how the Lannisters roll. They crush their enemies underfoot. It's a tradition. I'm only curious as to what they'll do to Lansel Lannister the traitor.

a big part of this was Tywin though

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

jesus i read that whole thing and yeah it pretty much is the most objectively wrong thing i've ever read

how do you call a group of characters that had like one fight and showed their tits off the most compelling characters in a show??

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Two Finger posted:

how do you call a group of characters that had like one fight and showed their tits off the most compelling characters in a show??

That's basically GoT distilled to it's essence.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

I could stand to look at that one girl's cans some more, but that's about it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Two Finger posted:

jesus i read that whole thing and yeah it pretty much is the most objectively wrong thing i've ever read

how do you call a group of characters that had like one really really really bad fight and showed their tits off the most compelling characters in a show??

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Sergg posted:

The problem here is twofold:

1) When Tywin did all of that the Lanisters were actually wealthy and well supplied. At this point in the story the family's coffers are empty and all of the their gold mines are exhausted. The only thing they've got at this point is the illusion of wealth and power. The war of five kings has also exhausted most of their supplies and troops in the area around the capitol. Also the Iron Throne itself is bankrupt, and has defaulted on its loan from the Iron Bank so they would be unable to borrow to finance putting down the revolt as well.

2) Cersei has alienated her uncle who is now the Lord of Casterly Rock. If Cersei and Jamie drive King's Landing to open revolt there is probably no back-up coming from the west, or if it is it would solely be to extract Tommenen and keep him safe. That would leave them with only the Gold Cloaks (who suck as demonstrated in the battle of King's Landing) and a meager handful of personal Lanister guards to secure the whole city.

That all said, Cersei is an idiot, and will most likely start something she can't finish. I see her killing the High Septon, starting a revolt, getting overwhelmed and besieged in the Red Keep, and resorting to setting off all of the wild fire that's hidden beneath the city to try and put it down.

ManMythLegend fucked around with this message at 10:15 on May 5, 2016

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Writer about Sand Snakes posted:

Like me, they’re ethnically ambiguous and look great in earth tones. (The similarities end there; I don’t know how to handle a weapon... )
They aren't as different as she thinks.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

ManMythLegend posted:

That all said, Cersei is an idiot, and will most likely start something she can't finish. I see her killing the High Septon, starting a revolt, getting overwhelmed and besieged in the Red Keep, and restoring to setting off all of the wild fire that's hidden beneath the city to try and put it down.

That would fit with the vision Bran had of the Red Keep being burned out.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

TCD posted:

That would fit with the vision Bran had of the Red Keep being burned out.

let the record show i would be ok with this potential future

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Sergg posted:

Gonna be interesting to see if they execute Sir Loras Tyrell as a display that they will absolutely execute Queen Margery if pushed.

Haven't seen him in a bit. Even characters that are locked away in a dungeon still get brief screen time

Also where's that one young stark at? The crippled dudes younger brother. They just sort of always glossed right over him but never implied his death. He just chilling somewhere or what? He exists right?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 11:27 on May 5, 2016

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Also where's that one young stark at? The crippled dudes younger brother. They just sort of always glossed right over him but never implied his death. He just chilling somewhere or what? He exists right?

In the books he's being hidden by the wealthiest lord in the North named Manderly. He's pretty awesome. At one point he secretly has a couple of Frays killed and baked into a mincemeat pie that he serves to a combined Bolton/Fray army.

As far as I can tell he hasn't even been mentioned in the show which is a shame.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I had to think about it before I remembered "oh yeah, that kid with the nuts".

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ManMythLegend posted:

The problem here is twofold:

1) When Tywin did all of that the Lanisters were actually wealthy and well supplied. At this point in the story the family's coffers are empty and all of the their gold mines are exhausted. The only thing they've got at this point is the illusion of wealth and power. The war of five kings has also exhausted most of their supplies and troops in the area around the capitol. Also the Iron Throne itself is bankrupt, and has defaulted on its loan from the Iron Bank so they would be unable to borrow to finance putting down the revolt as well.

2) Cersei has alienated her uncle who is now the Lord of Casterly Rock. If Cersei and Jamie drive King's Landing to open revolt there is probably no back-up coming from the west, or if it is it would solely be to extract Tommenen and keep him safe. That would leave them with only the Gold Cloaks (who suck as demonstrated in the battle of King's Landing) and a meager handful of personal Lanister guards to secure the whole city.

That all said, Cersei is an idiot, and will most likely start something she can't finish. I see her killing the High Septon, starting a revolt, getting overwhelmed and besieged in the Red Keep, and resorting to setting off all of the wild fire that's hidden beneath the city to try and put it down.

Kevan is in the capital right now serving as hand of the king.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
And Rickon is still around somewhere. Asha and him went somewhere south of the wall when Bran, Mera, and her skeleton food brother went north to find bloodraven.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Rickon will be back eventually. And he is going to be a monster.

I just finished re-reading the 1st book and I noticed that all the Stark kids shared their wolves' personalities (or vice versa I guess).
Jon: Ghost was the outsider, and grew up quickest
Robb: Grey Wind was tactical. He would outflank the other wolves when they played.
Bran: Summer watches, observing the other wolves at play.
Arya: Nymeria was separated from the family and went feral.
Sansa: Lady sat there like an idiot and patiently waited for the dagger.

Rickon's wolf, Shaggy Dog, is a pitch black demon with crazy green eyes that bites people and scares the poo poo out of everyone. A very. Bad. Dog.

Rickon's gonna return and crush everyone's nuts.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
rickon, the most obscure of the gracies

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Victor Vermis posted:

I just finished re-reading the 1st book and I noticed that all the Stark kids shared their wolves' personalities (or vice versa I guess).
Robb: Grey Wind was tactical. He would outflank the other wolves when they played.

Rickon's wolf, Shaggy Dog, is a pitch black demon with crazy green eyes that bites people and scares the poo poo out of everyone. A very. Bad. Dog.

Hopefully while DMX plays loudly

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Victor Vermis posted:

Lol at Sansa then.

She's gonna get iced this season

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

Lol at Sansa then.

nope, even season

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

rickon, the most obscure of the gracies

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Lol at Sansa then.

Nah Sansa is gonna live for a while I think.

I've enjoyed the two episodes so far but man people on the internet get mad about this show.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Sansa's actress wants out, but only if it's cool.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Speaking of that I think I much preferred the goofing looking original Dario

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Speaking of that I think I much preferred the goofing looking original Dario

Same.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So what are the Hodor theories

I liked how they're all hmmm maybe it's because he gets injured play fighting with wooden swords lol nvm

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Vasudus posted:

Sansa's actress wants out, but only if it's cool.

What the gently caress else is she going to do? She needs to ride this gravy train until she can demonstrate acting abilities more flexible than her loving godswood.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Also are the dragons gonna come steam roll all the dudes that took Khaleesi or what

I know in the trailer for the season you see a dragon flying over them, it seems like

Also I didn't really understand what happened to the dragon she flew out with and why she was wondering around. Was it too injured to fly? Just lazy? Dying?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Godholio posted:

What the gently caress else is she going to do? She needs to ride this gravy train until she can demonstrate acting abilities more flexible than her loving godswood.

She's Jean Grey in the new X-Men movie at least.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^Ok, that's valid. They're going to milk this X-Kids things until the cast is as old as the group from the 2000 movie.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Also I didn't really understand what happened to the dragon she flew out with and why she was wondering around. Was it too injured to fly? Just lazy? Dying?

I assumed it was hurt and tired. That was a decent fight, and he took some arrows or spears or whatever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah drogon got the gently caress beat out of him and is basically licking his wounds. Rhaegar and Viserion (or whatever their names are) are free to roam now, though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Part I'm referencing is at 20 seconds here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ib1NErqg

:derp:

Also disappointed Jaime didn't hack down that dude but hey I'm sure it's coming

-edit at 1:30 looks like mutant mountain is ripping a brute squad dude's head off

Also is the hound for sure dead? Showed him dying but not actually dead so just curious. I have an inclination he'll be back

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 6, 2016

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Hounds not dead

CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE

edit: not a spoiler just a widely accepted fan theory since the hounds last appearance in the books ten years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Part I'm referencing is at 20 seconds here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ib1NErqg

:derp:

Also disappointed Jaime didn't hack down that dude but hey I'm sure it's coming

-edit at 1:30 looks like mutant mountain is ripping a brute squad dude's head off

Also is the hound for sure dead? Showed him dying but not actually dead so just curious. I have an inclination he'll be back

i think there's a pretty good chance he's coming back

relatedly, stannis has not been seen to be dead.

• Locked thread