Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mustard is for hot dogs. That is all. And it should be French's Yellow Mustard. Anything else is some hipster poo poo that tastes like rear end and is meant only to show how cool you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Don't you have friends you can go rob instead of posting this poo poo?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dalael posted:

something something atlantis

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

something something atlantis

Truly an :iceburn:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dalael posted:

Truly an :iceburn:

thanks

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Can someone :eng101: me a Miner gank fitting?

Don't worry VG it's not going to be pointed at you.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Oodles posted:

Can someone :eng101: me a Miner gank fitting?

Don't worry VG it's not going to be pointed at you.

copypasteable fitting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7VZl9GLbIw&t=16s

You generally either want a warpin, to be positive sec status, or be somewhat close to your target so you don't die to faction police during your enforcement of The Code. Watch out for anti-gankers though, one jam from a Falcon, Kitsune, Griffin or other ECM ship will cost you a gank easily.

There is a lot of flexibility and different fits for a gank catalyst depending on what it's for, so this is just a baseline.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 09:33 on May 5, 2016

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

copypasteable fitting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7VZl9GLbIw&t=16s

You generally either want a warpin, to be positive sec status, or be somewhat close to your target so you don't die to faction police during your enforcement of The Code. Watch out for anti-gankers though, one jam from a Falcon, Kitsune, Griffin or other ECM ship will cost you a gank easily.

There is a lot of flexibility and different fits for a gank catalyst depending on what it's for, so this is just a baseline.

Any drones on that bad boy?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Oodles posted:

Any drones on that bad boy?

no

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

CainFortea posted:

Mustard is for hot dogs. That is all. And it should be French's Yellow Mustard. Anything else is some hipster poo poo that tastes like rear end and is meant only to show how cool you are.

whole grain mustard, while good, is probably hipstery.
What I assume you call "spicy brown" mustard, or "deli" mustard, is the default best mustard. Except it's just called mustard because that's what mustard is.

I bet you call hotdogs "coneys."

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What I assume you call "spicy brown" mustard, or "deli" mustard, is the default best mustard. Except it's just called mustard because that's what mustard is.

No. Hot dogs are hot dogs. Corney dogs are what you probably call corndogs. Coney dogs around here are made only at Roahks.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I really like the little spinny gears on Boulder's back! :D

I used one of these as a sneaky-scout for some Miniluv antics and fell in love with the design of the ship. Glad you're still having so much fun in this game. :3:

I don't know if you do this yet, but you can use a mobile depot to swap between mining drones and combat drones, so you can always have maximum efficiency whilst keeping something to plink rats fight the Gurmista menace.

VideoGames posted:

Also, the amount of donations I have experienced in my two weeks with this game is literally astounding and I really wish there was a way of repaying or something because it has really helped me love the game!
In time you'll learn ways to safely pay it forward. Skillbooks for free and basic equipment sold at build-cost to real newbies who want to get involved with your guys is probably a light way to start, but probably easier to react to what you're asked for. A skilled orca character would be helpful once you have more than a handful of miners on hand at once; getting one going and in a T2 fit hull costs over a billion. In fact if you don't have one in corp already I might donate my alts time :)
This half assed RP permit poo poo got old 3 years ago.

Also if you think not following "the code" is bad, try aggravating goons and becoming an unperson for size.

VG you just want to set code red, be alert if any are in local. It's a good time to learn dscan! Make an overview with ships only, swap to that and scan. If you see a load of catalysts you'll want to be aligned to a station and ready to warp if any appear on your overview.
You can be safe from them, they're largely shitlers who get off on imagining that they can instil fear. A lot of code are just gankers like Miniluv(goons) but they sadly attract people who are way off the spectrum charts. That their scam is for the grand total of 10mil ISK tells you the motivations inherent.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Wholegrain mustard isn't hipstery at all, it's pretty common in the UK at least.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Dalael posted:

Deny it all you want. But ketchup is one of the best condiment and definitely beats the poo poo out of mustard. Any day of the week.

Daddies sauce is the best condiment :getin:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
did goons lose eve or did you guys get your poo poo back or did you say gently caress it and go back to delve

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Also, the amount of donations I have experienced in my two weeks with this game is literally astounding and I really wish there was a way of repaying or something because it has really helped me love the game!

You're posts are totally worth whatever I sent you on a whim. :justpost:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Dalael posted:

Don't you have friends you c.... oh poo poo nevermind, sorry man

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

And literally nothing of value was lost, especially with that.

This is pretty rude.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Whole grain isn't very good, this one is best of both world.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fix Lag posted:

Whole grain mustard is amazing and if you haven't tried it you're missing out.

CainFortea posted:

Sorry, but mustard has to be green or it makes me ill. But yeah, mustard is great for salami and sausages, like ketchup is for chicken and mayonnaise for fries. :colbert:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Following on from my miner ganking question.

What would be better (or have better results?), 3 gank catalysts or a solo Astero?

I'm trying to figure out a fun way to cause grief. However seeing 3 from the same Corp pop into local might be more off-putting that just one.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Khablam posted:

In time you'll learn ways to safely pay it forward. Skillbooks for free and basic equipment sold at build-cost to real newbies who want to get involved with your guys is probably a light way to start, but probably easier to react to what you're asked for. A skilled orca character would be helpful once you have more than a handful of miners on hand at once; getting one going and in a T2 fit hull costs over a billion. In fact if you don't have one in corp already I might donate my alts time :)

I have an orca/freighter guy but it's not in corp to deter wardecs.

Side note: RvB ain't bad! I don't think I got on a single killmail last night but I don't care. Most definitely saved a bunch of dudes from dying in two separate fights, even in a little shitbird navitas. Those things are strong.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Oodles posted:

What would be better (or have better results?), 3 gank catalysts or a solo Astero?

I'm trying to figure out a fun way to cause grief. However seeing 3 from the same Corp pop into local might be more off-putting that just one.

You can always join miniluv if you are in gsf and learn all of this

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Minrad posted:

did goons lose eve or did you guys get your poo poo back or did you say gently caress it and go back to delve

lost space, still fighting, not to late to join GSF :)

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Drythe posted:

You can always join miniluv if you are in gsf and learn all of this

I'm not. Which is why I'm trying to squeeze information out of you all.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

Sorry, but mustard has to be green or it makes me ill. But yeah, mustard is great for salami and sausages, like ketchup is for chicken and mayonnaise for fries. :colbert:

Mayonnaise on fries is where its at. And drat it now i want mustard and salami. :(

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Oodles posted:

I personally like gank catalysts. Side note, its like the only time you will ever fly a catalysts. lol.

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

justsharkbait posted:

I personally like gank catalysts. Side note, its like the only time you will ever fly a catalysts. lol.

I've seen PH using a few catalysts to try and kill Clownshoe Nereus, since they are the cheapest DPS option to break that passive tank.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

awesomecopter posted:

I've seen PH using a few catalysts to try and kill Clownshoe Nereus, since they are the cheapest DPS option to break that passive tank.

They can DPS quite good that is for sure.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

justsharkbait posted:

They can DPS quite good that is for sure.

It's like an Astarte... just smaller.

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

Xolve posted:

It's like an Astarte... just smaller.

Unlike an Astarte they are completely harmless outside of their 2km optimal range.

I survived in a Nereus by siccing my 3 Warrior 2's on the catalyst, forcing it to warp off before it could kill me.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4hzuqv/itl_person_and_gsol_nerd_quits_tmc_goons_to_join/

Damnit Rhea I will never forgive you for this.

Steal the GSOL stuff if you want to make a stand and make isk but don't steal the line members things.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 5, 2016

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

許せない!

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

quote:

The main reason why I did it was because I could and also because muh medal. You see, GSOL awarded the "Last Rhea out of Saigoon" medal to those that helped with the evac. I helped with things and was mentioned in the list and still received no medal, which doubly hurts because I contributed a lot and I'm Rhea so last Rhea fit well and, well, you get it, I'm quite butthurt over the medal.

Lost a real winner here

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Deofuta posted:

Lost a real winner here

pretty sure that's :thejoke:

awesomecopter posted:

Unlike an Astarte they are completely harmless outside of their 2km optimal range.

I survived in a Nereus by siccing my 3 Warrior 2's on the catalyst, forcing it to warp off before it could kill me.

Things are pretty safe outside of the Astarte's optimal too, that just happens to be 120km though.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 5, 2016

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

quote:

I hold nothing against the line members, but I just wanted to show you how slow, uncoordinated and downright incompetent your leadership is. It took them several days to figure out what I was doing.

Can someone explain to me how stealing contracts to a JF Service shows how "slow, uncoordinated and downright incompetent" GSF leadership is? Or how anyone was supposed to know what was going before the contract expires undelievered in the 7 day period the JF service calls for?

Edit:

Xolve posted:

pretty sure that's :thejoke:

If the rest of the post isn't a joke, then I find that assessment to be (sincerely) hard to believe.

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

Xolve posted:

Things are pretty safe outside of the Astarte's optimal too, that just happens to be 120km though.

You have no loving idea how bitter I am that Fozzie locked away command ships behind 2 months of bullshit leadership skills.

Command ships would be the perfect fleet doctrine ships if not for the fact that less than 10% of pilots can actually fly them, and most had the skill grandfathered in.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

Zephyrine posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4hzuqv/itl_person_and_gsol_nerd_quits_tmc_goons_to_join/

Steal the GSOL stuff if you want to make a stand and make isk but don't steal the line members things.

What percentage of contracts did you find not specifying a decent collateral towards the end?

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Zephyrine posted:

You made me read reddit. I will never forgive you for this. I know, you are shocked and afraid now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Gounads posted:

What percentage of contracts did you find not specifying a decent collateral towards the end?

Far too many. 5% perhaps.

• Locked thread