Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

In bronze nobody cared about objectives so it obviously won't change much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

New dragons don't feel like they changed anything.

Triple fire dragon is actually insane. 24% AD/AP, 36% with elder is very noticeable.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Triple fire dragon is actually insane. 24% AD/AP, 36% with elder is very noticeable.

Don't forget the 180 true damage over three seconds in that situation. Giving up multiple dragons early is going to be a bad idea unless you're getting huge trades for it or are absolutely sure you out scale the other team by a huge margin.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Mikujin posted:

If you have a jungle item, there's a fraction more (it's insignificant, you still reach level 4 at after a full clear). If you don't have a jungle item, there's noticeably less.

If you have two jungle items it's noticeably less

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

played 2 games last night. trip report: zyra is annoying as gently caress.

like, there's so much poo poo flying through the air that I can't tell what is simply annoying, bad, good or op but everything seems shook uped enough and kinda ridiculous that I'm ok with it.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Bholder posted:

In bronze nobody cared about objectives so it obviously won't change much

I am having so much fun with Nunu jungle in Bronze.

Another fast, uncontested dragon that gives real, permanent buffs? Don't mind if I do.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Zmej posted:

played 2 games last night. trip report: zyra is annoying as gently caress.

like, there's so much poo poo flying through the air that I can't tell what is simply annoying, bad, good or op but everything seems shook uped enough and kinda ridiculous that I'm ok with it.

I've been playing dark souls but I came back for this patch because it is really really fun, I'm excited because it seems like bruiser ap is finally real. Gonna play so much fiddle tonight

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Now my team is vindicated when they end the game on a hopeless and poorly thought out dragon contest

stump collector fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 5, 2016

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

flyingkiwi posted:

If you have two jungle items it's noticeably less
I think it has something to do with the way catch-up XP was adjusted (e.g. when monsters out level you).

A full clear start has you end up with more XP than before (by like 65, so not altogether dramatic) but for some reason - again I assume the adjust catch-up thing - subsequent clears give you less than before, such that getting to 6 now requires an additional camp.

It's definitely a lack of fine-tuning on their part.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

you know, I used to complain about how riot does all this weird balancing, like the jungle XP, just seems super janky and doesn't fix like a bigger issue that's something vague that I can complain about, furiously wave my hands but not anything concrete to point at. then dota started doing it and now I'm ok with it probably because league is so assbackwards in so many ways its come full circle and now makes sense to me.

also, what's the consensus on the new hextech mini-dash item? I felt meh about the stats, but that active seems really good. does it go over walls or ledges?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It doesn't go over walls or ledges.

I have seen no one build it yet.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Zyra support is much improved. You're a mobile plant monster. It's great. :swoon:

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
imho this kinda sucks dick

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gibberish posted:

Oh, the new Avatar is a waterbender.

Edit: Unironically looking forward to Wind and Fire skins.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Jungle xp changes are a snowball mechanic: they make comebacks harder.

You've only ever been able to catch up by farming the jungle by essentially taking one of your camps twice–to get it to respawn and level up–or counterjungling a recently respawned enemy camp. Now camps with fewer creeps are extra worthless at that. Pre-6.9 xp was multiplied by 50%/level behind the camp. Now it's a flat 30/lvl more per creep, + 35 or 20 depending on whether the t2 jungle item is complete for large creeps. That means the only way to efficiently catch up is to take chickens on cooldown. Taking/stealing Gromps or Krugs or especially Buffs is relatively worthless in comparison if you're looking to gain/deny comeback XP. Leaving up one chicken hoses junglers who are behind.

Fast farming or control junglers are relatively better than before–they've always been at least even with their camps, and their counterjungling is way stronger. If you're a ganker you need to convert those kills and/or leech/tax more to stay even. AOE mages are now a lot better at hosing either jungler by oneshotting the small chickens. Veigar and Lux come to mind. Also, zoning solo laners without jungle items back such that they need to take camps is even stronger–they get no extra experience for being behind the camps.

Buddy jungling probably is toast. Maybe more laners will take smite. I've mentioned this before, but Hunter's Talisman is now the far and away best mana regen item in the game, and in mid it is trivially easy to trigger it: just stand on the ramp. If you can easily shoot chickens to trigger the HoT, all the better.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Gibberish posted:

So I think she is saving the critters from an avalanche but it sorta looks like she is straight up stealing the baby

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Gibberish posted:

actually, it's good

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

KicksYouInHalf posted:

she is straight up stealing the baby

lol, I won't be able to unsee that now.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, the new Avatar is a waterbender.

Edit: Unironically looking forward to Wind and Fire skins.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking "isn't it a bit late for riot to be aping Avatar?" with the new champ.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

KicksYouInHalf posted:

So I think she is saving the critters from an avalanche but it sorta looks like she is straight up stealing the baby

well the name of the skin is Actually A Bit Of A Dick Taliyah

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

early data has vlad, cassio, and swain in the garbage bin at <40% winrate though i was watching some challenger folks crush top lane with vlad yesterday so he's not necessarily worthless. there could be some confounding here with the short range mages having to play against other mages every game currently.

malzahar is the outlier so far on the high end and should probably be banned this patch. brand zyra velkoz all have good winrates so far but they already did before this patch so idk if they're significantly better yet

i don't see any other weird things yet. viktor is up a bunch but that just puts him at decent, not strong.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like velkoz is gonna eat some nerfs :(

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/572b9a8e3659a2ce8b/uh-lol?from=user

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

im the janna going "I JUST CAME"

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

hahahahaha that owns

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

That's legitimately amazing

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

also i think they may have finally released a balanced jungle item???

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It freaked me out to press tab and see their jungler sated at nine minutes thouugh

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Fiddles changes are pretty amazing. On paper they dont seem to amount to much, but the movespeed boost helps a lot with harass and keeping up with escaping enemies (and most importantly, unlike other standstill/out of combat effects, you can attack and cast without popping it), the 2 crow bounces add a bunch of already solid early damage, and Dash Hextech (I wish they just called them D.A.S.H and C.H.I.L.L, i'm never going to memorize the numbers) helps with escaping and catching up.

I was underwhelmed by the hextechs, but the low cooldowns make them VERY useful; at 40 seconds you can pop out 3 escapes before your witchcap goes off cooldown, and having a short item CD makes you more likely to actually pay attention to item actives (a sin all players comit).

Swain is weird in that he's overall been buffed, but making beatrice not an instant laser actually hurts his farming early (since his AA is pretty lame). This is luckily offset both by the area denial helping his harass and L5 Beatrice being able to farm 3 creeps before returning.

All in all I'm happy with these changes (except Malzahar and Vlad; Malz is just disgusting, and Vlad doesn't feel as good IMO).

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 5, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I have yet to even see Malzahar in the wild yet in ranked but there is likely no way in hell he makes it outta the next patch without some form of toning down. So far from ranked it seem Vlad is absolutely terrible--on either side he seems to just die an awful lot to toplaners. Zyra looks like she's on the good side of things--i think her as support making GBS threads out all those seeds gives a lot of potential threat. Brand looks immensely fun, but seems to be banned a lot. Anyone's take on him when they've gotten to play him or is he also nearly always banned?

Also, that feel when you play Nami and a Riven thanks you for carrying them

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Malz has been banned in every game I've seen so far, and will probably stay that way.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

vlad actually having some early damage took me off guard for a moment but then i just started skirting around his tiny range

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

holy poo poo reddit made a good post asking why the gently caress the air dragon is blue and the water one is green and riot really needs to switch them around

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
SHURIMA http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/shurima/intro

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Servaetes posted:

holy poo poo reddit made a good post asking why the gently caress the air dragon is blue and the water one is green and riot really needs to switch them around

Wasn't it because the icons were harder to read for colorblind people in those colors? I thought they said something about that.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

this is the good poo poo

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Wasn't it because the icons were harder to read for colorblind people in those colors? I thought they said something about that.

Not really sure, but the icons at the very least should be a bit more obvious as to what they are exactly. I was trying to look up a side by side of each icon on the wall but having some trouble doing so. I just would assume blue = water because that's pretty standard in videogames. Red = Fire, Green = Earth, Blue = Water, Yellow = Wind/Air, that kinda thing.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

ImpAtom posted:

Wow. This pc culture has gone too far. That's why I vote for trump.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Servaetes posted:

a Riven thanks you

If you're going to tell lies, at least make them believable. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Feel like the problem is that Air doesn't have a color so it's just the land of color chaos out there in terms of videogame design.

• Locked thread