Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

But using deductive reasoning is doxxing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
Here is how my last log with nymblar went after I logged, realizing that I'm most likely purged for renaming the station:

quote:

Conversation with nymblar@goonfleet.com at 4/13/2016 10:03:37 PM on Kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home (jabber)
(10:03:43 PM) kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home: BTW, let me tell you how mad I was.
(10:03:50 PM) kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home: http://evepraisal.com/e/10215877

(10:04:18 PM) kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home: anyway, logging off before I do anything stupid
(10:04:26 PM) kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home: don't need alex doxxing me
(10:05:03 PM) Nymblar: what is this, anin?
(10:05:08 PM) Nymblar: why would alex doxx you?
(10:05:09 PM) kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home: multiple hubs
(10:05:17 PM) Nymblar: so what's this evepraisal for?
(10:05:23 PM) kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home: it's what I could have taken but didn't
(10:05:41 PM) kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home: and i'm pretty sure he would have if I did
(10:05:45 PM) Nymblar: does alex even know tib kicked you?
(10:05:50 PM) kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home: nah
(10:05:53 PM) Nymblar: yeah i don't know why you would do that
(10:05:57 PM) kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home: but i do'nt know what he's doing now
(10:06:28 PM) kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home: anyway, I'm logged, not doing poo poo. but that's how mad I was
(10:06:28 PM) Nymblar: laundry and going out apparently
(10:06:48 PM) kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home: i think someone else is going to do something stupid
(10:08:20 PM) Nymblar: who is someone else and what is something stupid
(10:08:27 PM) kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home: i dunno
(10:08:31 PM) kismeteer@goonfleet.com/home: just heard someone else bitching about it
(10:09:54 PM) Nymblar: i'm not sure what happened?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

You don't. They found out because of me. Because I bumped into Gorski on a Swedish forum. I mentioned it on jabber because Gorski was kind of space famous and I thought it was cool. I had really *really* underestimated what kind of grudge the Alliance had against him.

ok so you doxxed him personally and the shady poo poo is somehow their fault

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
someone tell kismeteer there's no upvoting here, his milquetoast cries for attention dont mean poo poo

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nessin posted:

While I'm bored at work and have some free time I'm kind of curious about something. I know if I asked on the GF.com forums I'd never get a real answer and I'm kind of curious if I can get a PL perspective here as well.

So one thing Mittani has said, both in the previous fireside chat and in a couple fleets he's talked to in Mumble (at least that I've been on) that we'd start having posted ops again. Now I know that isn't going to apply for everything because you don't want the other side knowing exactly what timers are going to be contested, but what about poo poo like EC- or 93P? I get one of the talking points is the enemy doesn't look at DOTLAN but I hope no one sincerely starts believing that because it's a bad idea to be hurfing your own farts and that's what it comes off as when I log in one day and see 93P has flipped with no mention of it anywhere.

I can even respect that we may not form up for it all, but at least throw a notice that "Here is an op because PL is trying to flip 93P so we'll form up at this time to see what we've got and what they're going to bring. Probably going to stand down and laugh at them for forming a huge force in response, which we'll blue ball, to this notice and then take it back once they get tired and gently caress off a few months down the road." Everyone wins, you get the line members involved in the game without deceiving them up front, you get the chance to possible ninja defend it if the MBC decides it's a joke and ignores it, and you're not coming off as lying and/or incompetent on your campaign promises. Instead we get the exact opposite. And then yesterday I see one of the caps ping only to find out it's because of EC- flipping and the exact same poo poo is going on.

As long as we're outnumbered, posted ops means that the other side hurfs and either smugs about forcing us to stand down, or has a fun fight. It's not that the enemy doesn't look at dotlan, it's that there's a constant string of things coming out of reinforcement and some of them the other side contests, some they don't. We'll decide what to contest based on what they're doing, we don't want the reverse happening. Posted ops will basically mean that we no longer think that we'll automatically be outnumbered if both sides hurf it up.

I mean, to turn it around: what benefit is it to goons to post ops that we may not do? We don't want anyone planning on an op that may not happen, and that's a lot worse for us than for PL/NC planning on countering an op and then us not doing it.

Bloodspike
Apr 29, 2016

Mandingueiro danado

evilweasel posted:

:good words:

Not saying gsol sec is bad, all you said about that is true.

As for the incompetence thing, I'd expect anyone that leaves, especially mid war, to have alts kicked and access removed. The fact that I still had full access to forums/jabber and all alts untouched a day after people started being vey suspicious of me, though.... That doesn't sound exactly competent.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

nessin posted:

So one thing Mittani has said, both in the previous fireside chat and in a couple fleets he's talked to in Mumble (at least that I've been on) that we'd start having posted ops again. Now I know that isn't going to apply for everything because you don't want the other side knowing exactly what timers are going to be contested, but what about poo poo like EC- or 93P? I get one of the talking points is the enemy doesn't look at DOTLAN but I hope no one sincerely starts believing that because it's a bad idea to be hurfing your own farts and that's what it comes off as when I log in one day and see 93P has flipped with no mention of it anywhere.

why is EC- important at all

93PI is a High Value Target for our enemies because of their belief regarding the number of supercaps trapped there, so any attempts we make at resistance will be met with maximum possible force by the enemy, and since we are outnumbered and outgunned there isn't a whole heck of a lot of point to hurfing blurfs about it until we know we can beat what's against us

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
Posted ops are a convenience but kinda unnecessary in this yool 2016 dude to jabber. Don't ever log off jabber ever.

Speaking of which, i can't help but notice that I am still friendzoned, please restore jabber access. Godbless.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

someone tell kismeteer there's no upvoting here, his milquetoast cries for attention dont mean poo poo

You should post more off topic pictures of dogs and cats, much better than eve talk in an eve thread.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

You don't. They found out because of me. Because I bumped into Gorski on a Swedish forum. I mentioned it on jabber because Gorski was kind of space famous and I thought it was cool. I had really *really* underestimated what kind of grudge the Alliance had against him.

I can see why that might prompt you to leave. That's pretty weird.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

mpaarating posted:

Speaking of which, i can't help but notice that I am still friendzoned, please restore jabber access. Godbless.

U must be jokine me

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Zephyrine posted:

You guys frequent the same neo-nazi forum?

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

evilweasel posted:

As long as we're outnumbered, posted ops means that the other side hurfs and either smugs about forcing us to stand down, or has a fun fight. It's not that the enemy doesn't look at dotlan, it's that there's a constant string of things coming out of reinforcement and some of them the other side contests, some they don't. We'll decide what to contest based on what they're doing, we don't want the reverse happening. Posted ops will basically mean that we no longer think that we'll automatically be outnumbered if both sides hurf it up.

I mean, to turn it around: what benefit is it to goons to post ops that we may not do? We don't want anyone planning on an op that may not happen, and that's a lot worse for us than for PL/NC planning on countering an op and then us not doing it.

I understand all of that. The problem is I've heard it, multiple times, straight from Mittani, that it's going to happen. I fully understand the reasoning of why we're not doing it, but if we're not doing it why am I being told to look for it? And if I'm being told to look for it, why isn't it actually happening for poo poo like that?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

nessin posted:

I understand all of that. The problem is I've heard it, multiple times, straight from Mittani, that it's going to happen. I fully understand the reasoning of why we're not doing it, but if we're not doing it why am I being told to look for it? And if I'm being told to look for it, why isn't it actually happening for poo poo like that?

Best just to keep jabber running in the background and form up for pings that you can commit the time to.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Syndic Thrass posted:

U must be jokine me

m80 you know that I am nothing but serious. A seriously huge piece of human garbage.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

awesomecopter posted:

I found this https://twitter.com/csmleaqs

And then when he ran for CSM 9, he gave his real name to CCP, which was then published. Googling that does lead you to things that could lead to neo-nazi hints.

I'm not able to find any post of Gorski's irl name linked to his CSM membership to CSM 9. You have a page or a post that shows that? Waybackmachine may work if you know what URL it would have been posted on.

Also that Twitter account cropped up right at the same time as the Sion/TMC blurfing about how Gorski should be demodded from r/eve because people had Sion's IRL name, from his membership on CSM 9, and Gorski "led an internet hate mob." Also the first follower is Porkbutte so lol,not taking that thing at face value for the time being.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
It's been a lot of years since I was in GSF, but two names stick out to me as being the friendliest teachers around. Kismeteer and Anela Cistine. So I'm actually kind of uncomfortable watching the bitterness in this thread :(

Thanks for teaching me how to heal and also how to not die, dude.

SpiderX
Sep 5, 2013

Let's start a gimmick that isn't shit, how about dogges? :woof:

~Not SMcD

nessin posted:

Look, it's pretty simple to me. If you're having a poo poo time, go find some other bros to play with. It's a drat game and if you can't have fun, what else is there?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Bloodspike posted:

As for the incompetence thing, I'd expect anyone that leaves, especially mid war, to have alts kicked and access removed. The fact that I still had full access to forums/jabber and all alts untouched a day after people started being vey suspicious of me, though.... That doesn't sound exactly competent.

We get it. You're very pleased with your theft from line members and you think the directors suck, and really, you could have stolen lots from the alliance.

Try to move on. Don't end up like one of the nuts who still post about their departure a half decade after they left.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ok so you doxxed him personally and the shady poo poo is somehow their fault

Yes I contributed to Gorski getting doxxed. And when I found out how far things had gone I told him everything. He just laughed it all off because no one believes a word that Mittens or Sion says anyway.

Then I asked him to not mentioned it on reddit and he agreed. All moot now.

The idea being that when I left due in large part to the Alliances "shady poo poo" then people would simply draw from the already vast pools of "shady poo poo" that was public knowledge. I have no idea why members of the leadership would be the ones still doing the most pushing in this thread 3 days later.

After I left. Innominate questioned me about the details and I told him everything. I assumed it would have made the rounds "up there" in some form or another.

Gorski was really the only person I owed any explanation to.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Ad by Khad posted:

It's been a lot of years since I was in GSF, but two names stick out to me as being the friendliest teachers around. Kismeteer and Anela Cistine. So I'm actually kind of uncomfortable watching the bitterness in this thread :(

Thanks for teaching me how to heal and also how to not die, dude.

Always help newbies, man. I always enjoyed that. I was sad to see Anela Cistine go too. Glad I made a positive impact on your space life.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bloodspike posted:

an individual awoxer isn't that much risk, and neither is a line guy leaking jabber/forums/etc (because anyone who matters probably has spies that are doing this), so it's not a high priority to boot alts of people leaving. if we notice it, we'll probably do that, but in the middle of a war there's a lot more important things to focus on. now, if anyone heard you were leaving and didn't strip roles, that would be an oops - but usually, someone with roles who was leaving and planning on stealing would steal first and then mention they were leaving, it's pretty uncommon to do it the other way around

and we don't boot people from the alliance/corp based on bare suspicion, usually - we'll strip roles from suspicious people but the value of booting suspicious people and every so often being right is way lower than the damage caused by having a witch-hunt mentality

i mean, if we were using supers so there was anything to awox, maybe that would be a different story, but the war situation helpfully means we don't have to worry about that!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

The idea being that when I left due in large part to the Alliances "shady poo poo" then people would simply draw from the already vast pools of "shady poo poo" that was public knowledge. I have no idea why members of the leadership would be the ones still doing the most pushing in this thread 3 days later.

im not in "leadership" fyi and the reason i pushed on it so much is gently caress you I hate that I HAVE A SECRET IM NOT SHARING TEEHEE bullshit, either loving out with it or dont mention it at all

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

awesomecopter posted:

I found this https://twitter.com/csmleaqs

And then when he ran for CSM 9, he gave his real name to CCP, which was then published. Googling that does lead you to other things.

Don't go spreading that around man. Five minutes of logical thinking and an application of Google apparently makes you a war criminal in some circles.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm not able to find any post of Gorski's irl name linked to his CSM membership to CSM 9. You have a page or a post that shows that? Waybackmachine may work if you know what URL it would have been posted on.

Also that Twitter account cropped up right at the same time as the Sion/TMC blurfing about how Gorski should be demodded from r/eve because people had Sion's IRL name, from his membership on CSM 9, and Gorski "led an internet hate mob." Also the first follower is Porkbutte so lol,not taking that thing at face value for the time being.

how do you not know that the names of old csm people were not secret? they had to give them up and they got publicly posted for whatever retarded icetroll reasons, it's specifically why i never ran even as a joke

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nessin posted:

I'll ask him once he's active today. My guess, and this is a guess, is that what he wants to do is start having posted ops for people who want posted ops - not hurf over an timer or the like, but "we will do a swordfleet at X time today and do whatever seems like a good idea at the time", and he keeps forgetting to get it done since other things pop up. The problem with a war like this is because there's so many moving parts, it's easy for something you know you should do and have been meaning to do to get lost. For example, it took me over a week between realizing "oh, I should put up an S-Mart thread for our moongoo in case anyone wants some" to posting the thread, and that took all of five minutes to do once I actually got around to doing it.

It's clearly important if you're mentioning it's a problem for you (since if it bothers one person enough to chime up about it it's usually bothering a lot more who didn't) so I'll prod him about it to get it worked on today.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

evilweasel posted:

It's clearly important if you're mentioning it's a problem for you (since if it bothers one person enough to chime up about it it's usually bothering a lot more who didn't) so I'll prod him about it to get it worked on today.

Can you also ask him to get into the db to fix my jabber access?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

how do you not know that the names of old csm people were not secret? they had to give them up and they got publicly posted for whatever retarded icetroll reasons, it's specifically why i never ran even as a joke

I knew they did that, but I also know they changed it but forget if it was between 8 & 9 or 9 & 10.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

If it's an accusation worth making, then it's an accusation worth making rather than vaguely alluding to unspecified crimes by unspecified people. If you don't want to stand behind the accusation, then don't make it. People are annoyed precisely because of what you're saying here: that reddit would fill in your accusation with whatever nonsense they currently believe. So you get all the fun of slinging mud, but none of the possibility of people calling you on it if it's not correct.

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

You can find it on wayback, if you really really want to know, PM me through discord or zulu, I'm not going to post it publicly.

andromache posted:

Don't go spreading that around man. Five minutes of logical thinking and an application of Google apparently makes you a war criminal in some circles.

I wasn't paying attention to eve at that point, guess there was some drama and someone set up the CSMleaqs account.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

evilweasel posted:

I'll ask him once he's active today. My guess, and this is a guess, is that what he wants to do is start having posted ops for people who want posted ops - not hurf over an timer or the like, but "we will do a swordfleet at X time today and do whatever seems like a good idea at the time", and he keeps forgetting to get it done since other things pop up. The problem with a war like this is because there's so many moving parts, it's easy for something you know you should do and have been meaning to do to get lost. For example, it took me over a week between realizing "oh, I should put up an S-Mart thread for our moongoo in case anyone wants some" to posting the thread, and that took all of five minutes to do once I actually got around to doing it.

I'm pretty sure most people don't care, at least via casual conversations in fleets and on mumble so I wouldn't worry about it. And I enjoy flying in GSF despite my ranting. It's also entirely possible I'm spending too much time working myself up about stupid stuff out of game and not just playing the game.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

nessin posted:

I'm pretty sure most people don't care, at least via casual conversations in fleets and on mumble so I wouldn't worry about it. And I enjoy flying in GSF despite my ranting. It's also entirely possible I'm spending too much time working myself up about stupid stuff out of game and not just playing the game.

nah, weaselior is not wrong -- we've overwhelmingly seen, after the fact, that when someone brings something up like that, and we act on it, others pipe up and say "hey i thought Thing was bad/wrong/missing too, thanks for fixing it"

it's definitely a difficulty with communication, especially among people who play spaceship-themed spreadsheet "video games" (they tend to be fairly unassertive)

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nessin posted:

No, like, this is one of the problems we've had that is why we created elysium and try to make an effort on it - it's not always clear to us what's a problem for people, what's not working, what information isn't getting out that should get out, etc. It's an area we haven't been doing as well in as we should, and are making an effort to fix it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/9xfZCA7.webm

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
gently caress that, if you think there's actual poo poo worth stopping and you're unwilling to air it yourself loving come to me and if it's actually a problem, and not "i ran into this dickhead on a forum and people repeated what i found", I'll go to bat and take the hit for whatever I don't give a poo poo

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
NO UBA IT'S MADPOST DAY

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

You accomplished less than Deadtear though.

This is stupid. Vyst turned Auth from a "roll the dice and hope cap is sober enough to do it this week" thing into a "you will be in within a few hours thing".

Like I think he's a dick too but let's not pretend he was a paper director either.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NO UBA IT'S MADPOST DAY

NO DEADTEAR ITS CINCO DE MAYO

Rhymenoserous posted:

This is stupid. Vyst turned Auth from a "roll the dice and hope cap is sober enough to do it this week" thing into a "you will be in within a few hours thing".

Like I think he's a dick too but let's not pretend he was a paper director either.

I was being facetious the entire time, which I'm pretty sure both Deadtear & Vyst got right away. For you and Evilweasel, it flew over your heads and I'm sorry for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Maneck posted:

I can see why that might prompt you to leave. That's pretty weird.

Hey guys i bumped into a current csm member over on this oddball niche forum saying or posting bizarre things that might possibly be construed as being pro-nazi or white supremicist but dont ever go look because that would be wierd or doxxing :psyduck:

I wanna see all wierd poo poo about everybody anywhere, its human nature why do you think The Enquirer is still in business.

• Locked thread