Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Post-title screen sting shot of an extremely Pacific Rim megazord assembling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I wonder if we'll get a quotation of "Teenagers With Attitude" :v:

It seems like they might be trying to not be campy with it, so it's like a 30% chance in my opinion. I hope Zordon is really Shatner like the rumor says, and I hope he gives a completely derivative version of "With great power, comes great responsibility."

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So something is going down on Facebook with a bunch of the Veteran actors. They have been changing their fan page profile pictures to this:

Current list of Rangers with this symbol:
Austin St. John
David Fielding
David Yost
Walter Jones
Alyson Kiperman-Sullivan
Deborah Philips
Steve Cardenas
Catherine Sutherland
Jason Faunt
Daniel Southworth
Karan Ashley
Nakia Burrise

This is just who I have found/follow.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Illuminati confirmed

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
so since I posted this morning, more have added the pic:

Blake Foster
Erin Cahill (She sayson facebook: 🙊🙊🙊😎😉 Stay tuned... 😘 )
Johnny Yong Bosch
Paul Schrier
Hilary Shepard

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh this sounds like it could be cool

Or nothing

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Realm (one of the people who help put on Power Morphicon) has it on his twitter and had this to say:

Sorry folks, but #NDA says I can't say anything. But thanks for blowing up my phone & email all morning!! *evilgrin* #G14Classified #IMF

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The power rangers vets have all banded together to form a shadowy cabal that will control all children's television programming from this day forward.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's the only way to be safe from Ricky Cardenas.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Pyroi posted:

The power rangers vets have all banded together to form a shadowy cabal that will control all children's television programming from this day forward.
The real Power Rangers movie is a crossover special with Johnny Test and Teen Titans Go. The big bad will be Steve from Blue's Clues.

There. Now no matter how bad the real movie is, you can be content in the knowledge that it could have been worse.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Poison Mushroom posted:

The real Power Rangers movie is a crossover special with Johnny Test and Teen Titans Go. The big bad will be Steve from Blue's Clues.

There. Now no matter how bad the real movie is, you can be content in the knowledge that it could have been worse.

I dunno, you're giving out the best versions of power rangers, teen titans and blue's clues all hanging out together, that's pretty hype.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Oh, cool, we're getting PVC suits again.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/05/power-rangers-reboot-new-suits-first-look

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
https://twitter.com/mateo360/status/728237894029049857

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I hate everything.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I don't hate the costumes. They could have been a LOT worse

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Pyroi posted:

I hate everything.

They look like CG trash.

I hope that's just the awful lighting in this photo.

They probably still look like trash in regular lighting too.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
loving boo! The designers must have spent minutes on Deviantart to come up with those suits.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I don't hate the costumes. They could have been a LOT worse

Agreed. They look like they'd be better placed in a Kamen Rider franchise, but they aren't totally out of line, especially if they are playing up the "science-magic wizards from space" thing that was always floating around the backstory.

Mind you, I could change my mind when we see them actually in motion and you can see clearly that they're made of foam-rubber :v:

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Ugh. While I wasn't expecting exact replicas of the old suits, I wish they had gone more "Deadpool" with them. Same basic design as the originals, but made of canvas/leather instead of spandex.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Zonekeeper posted:

Ugh. While I wasn't expecting exact replicas of the old suits, I wish they had gone more "Deadpool" with them. Same basic design as the originals, but made of canvas/leather instead of spandex.

See that's a much better way to take the look, shame they seem to be going with the Micheal Bay school of redesign. I think my biggest problem is the fact that each helmet is practically identical.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Aw HELL naw.

I think my biggest issue is that it's just a bunch of shades of the same color and, at least in that picture, only Red and Yellow get some white to highlight. Just looks like CGi overdesigned trash. At least it confirms that the first picture of Rita is her using the green ranger suit.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like them. :shrug:

My only issue is that Black should have a white border around his visor or something.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
When Rita Repulsa gets revealed with a clear promotional shot but the suits get revealed in grimdark shadow, you know something is seriously wrong.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The top of the heads look huge and it's just ugly.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

buncha master cheifs

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think my biggest issue is that these suits were made with Red in mind. I don't like Red's but his suit has the better part of white going on making it pop more, his helmet is the most unique and the energy highlights compliment him, meanwhile Blue is just a smudge of blue that the energy highlights get lost in and black's a black smudge whose visor gets lost in the blackness of the design, pink and yellow just have a bit less white than Red so they pop less, got loving heels on their boots and the most generic of loving boob armor in 2016. They all look ugly, but at least Red's design is functional to look at, the rest simply fail because they were an afterthought.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I think my biggest issue is that these suits were made with Red in mind. I don't like Red's but his suit has the better part of white going on making it pop more, his helmet is the most unique and the energy highlights compliment him, meanwhile Blue is just a smudge of blue that the energy highlights get lost in and black's a black smudge whose visor gets lost in the blackness of the design, pink and yellow just have a bit less white than Red so they pop less, got loving heels on their boots and the most generic of loving boob armor in 2016. They all look ugly, but at least Red's design is functional to look at, the rest simply fail because they were an afterthought.

Oh god I didn't even notice the heels

what the gently caress

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh my god.

I saw the boob armor and rolled my eyes but I didn't even notice the loving platform heels. WTF. :doh:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Cernunnos posted:

I saw the boob armor and rolled my eyes but I didn't even notice the loving platform heels. WTF. :doh:

:same:

I retract that I only had one issue.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
How bad will the Megazord be?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I have abandoned my cautious optimism and have exited the hype train.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Reposting from the comic book thread-

I have negative things to say but let me clear the air right now

I'm glad they're vibrantly colored and I'm glad they look right. I'm fine with the general look. There are just three things I despise in armor designs and Oh Boy they ticked all three off. This does not mean I hate what is there but

So, first and foremost- heels and boob armor. Both are titanically stupid to include and look stupid here. Just, really really awful. So many reasons why they're bad. Heels can work on an armor design if the character is height conscious- I could see and laugh at RDJ putting heels on his Iron Man armor because he is a tiny man. Throwing them on the ladies just because they're women? gently caress you.

Giving them exaggerated boob armor that would look ridiculous in a comic book? Double gently caress you.

Finally, The Iron Man Chest Light. In this day and age, it is the laziest piece of poo poo you can just slap onto a design that's supposed to be a suit of armor because it instantly just makes you think of Iron Man. Whta's worse is that they could have done something creative with these- had little holo versions of the animals they're empowered by or something in the chest as a nod to the 95 movie. Which is the only reason they HAVE those stupid chest lights because only the original movie suits did anything with the center of the chest like that. Just anything other than generic chest lights.

The rest I'm holding my breath on until we see pictures of the actual suits and, preferably, see them in motion. Right now that looks like hot CGI garbage because it is, but the actual suits could make it work better.

I really hope there are physical suits anyways. It'd be really silly to just do the Power Ranger suits as CGI considering how stunt heavy their roles are. The Iron Man armor, sure, it's way more complex and mostly shoots lasers and stuff. The Rangers should be fighting hand to hand and I doubt this thing is going to have a big enough budget to not make that look silly.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I was pretty glad when they started having more than just reds as cameos. I don't really find a lot of them to be strong enough without their crews to be interesting.

The best Dairanger tribute was, of course, Akibaranger 2.

I just watched through all of Akibaranger and I was surprised at how much I liked it. A really good satire and love letter to the Sentai series.

On the topic of the suits, I like that the helmets look similar to the MMPR designs (around the visors anyway), but would've preferred more solid colors. They look too overdesigned and trying to be edgy. But I really want this movie to be good, so I'll at least wait until we get a trailer before I completely lose hope.

sexy fucking muskrat fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 5, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Mr Jaunts posted:

I'll at least wait until we get a trailer before I completely lose hope.

*screen fades to black from a city in flames*

"It's morphin time."

INCEPTION HONK

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

What I really want now is another cut of the original Power Rangers movie, maybe with reworked CGi for the megazord, just some better editing and redoing the sound mixing (pump in more 90s music and way more swooshing sound effects whenever the rangers move) and you got a solid, fun pure 90s movie.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I like 'em. Good mix of what people remember, design-wise, while also conveying a message that they aren't using oft-mocked latex costumes of the TV show. gently caress it, the whole thing about the original Power Rangers is that some space-wizard dude is giving near-magical technology, they shouldn't look like anything we'd make.

Plus, bonus points for being a trap: if you're kvetching about the way a Power Rangers movie suit looks like, you're kvetching about the way a Power Rangers movie suit looks like.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

MisterBibs posted:

I like 'em. Good mix of what people remember, design-wise, while also conveying a message that they aren't using oft-mocked latex costumes of the TV show. gently caress it, the whole thing about the original Power Rangers is that some space-wizard dude is giving near-magical technology, they shouldn't look like anything we'd make.

Plus, bonus points for being a trap: if you're kvetching about the way a Power Rangers movie suit looks like, you're kvetching about the way a Power Rangers movie suit looks like.

Half of the subforums are a trap, if we're doing that. I'm trying to reserve most of my judgement for when we see the suits actually moving around.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
My main complaint here is the inconsistencies. Red actually has white sections, but Black has grey ones and Blue has blue ones. The ladies apparently get chrome? Pick one, it's a uniform!

edit: In fact they should have done chrome on all of them and then the green ranger would have all the chrome areas in gold. see that was easy as gently caress, hire me, movie people.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I bet those silver mouths move this time.