Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darium
May 2, 2016
Is commando healing worth anything these days?

Also how much have the game changed with the latest expansion, should I be fine to jump straight in where I left it, or am I better off just starting from scratch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Darium posted:

Is commando healing worth anything these days?

Also how much have the game changed with the latest expansion, should I be fine to jump straight in where I left it, or am I better off just starting from scratch?

It's essentially the same as 3.0 (Shadow of Revan) but simplified. I cover some of the changes in the first few posts of this thread, but probably the only two biggies are the removal of individual main stats, combining them all into Mastery, and the removal of the need to gear companions, their performance is based on Influence level (formerly Affection).

Commando healing is solid in PvE, but bad in PvP.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
How do tunings work? Just slap them on as customizations? Do they work on guns? Can I fire crackly blaster bolts?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

How do tunings work? Just slap them on as customizations? Do they work on guns? Can I fire crackly blaster bolts?

Yeah it's an additional item mod.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Video of tuning on different weapons -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPfhzbP4szc

cams
Mar 28, 2003

do i have to log in today on all my characters to get them this pet

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
The first few post-launch chapters were a bit uneven, but these last two have been terrific. And I'm so happy to be reunited with one of the approximately two sith warrior companions my character actually got along with.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i am really looking forward to hitting legendary player status and then deleting every character i spent dozens of hours playing so i can have just one character on my character select screen

cause i'm weird

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

If I want to turn Cartel Coins into credits, should I get the packs or the multipacks (hypercrate?)?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

My SW is too light sided to kill Kaliyo. :argh:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
I'm not sure I'd even notice if I killed Jorgan. He's just so boring.

Like, what's the difference between him and one of the other five hundred named soldier NPCs we meet?

edit: But yes Vette is always fantastic

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Well I'm almost done with the Bounty Hunter questline, and why the gently caress can't I fire Skadge out the airlock? Dude is nothing but hostile and antagonistic and just because he threatens to steal our ship we immediately acquiesce to his demands? I've got a hacker and tech that can probably make sure he never steals said ship, and a goddamn mando bodyguard. Bring it rear end in a top hat.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Kurieg posted:

Well I'm almost done with the Bounty Hunter questline, and why the gently caress can't I fire Skadge out the airlock?

Because many, many terrible design decisions were made before launch by people who I'm convinced did not actually play their own game.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

If they had at least given him some kind of redeeming qualities or had him show some competence, but all he really did was break poo poo, ruin plans, and herd two engineers someplace where I had to convince them that I wouldn't murder them horribly.

I'm intimidating, I don't need the Golgothan occupying space on my ship.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I am eagerly awaiting the opportunity to do just that in KOTFE. That and my SW finally getting sweet revenge on Quinn, though now that my alignment apparently is preventing me from killing someone else, I'm getting worried that they're gonna gently caress me out of being able to do either. :ohdear:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

What do you mean your alignment is preventing you from killing people? Light siders can gently caress over the extraneous Dasaad and Tanno Vik just fine.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kurieg posted:

What do you mean your alignment is preventing you from killing people? Light siders can gently caress over the extraneous Dasaad and Tanno Vik just fine.

Fuzz posted:

My SW is too light sided to kill Kaliyo. :argh:

My only options are accepting her behavior, begrudgingly forgiving her, or banishing her.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Your alignment doesn't influence your option to kill Aric/Kaliyo, all that matters are your dialog choices. My Agent's alignment is maxed out light side from Diplomacy missions but she executed Aric just fine. Great scene, by the way.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Gasoline posted:

Your alignment doesn't influence your option to kill Aric/Kaliyo, all that matters are your dialog choices. My Agent's alignment is maxed out light side from Diplomacy missions but she executed Aric just fine. Great scene, by the way.

Hmm, I quit out before completing the scene, so I'll have to try again because she's extra horrible in KotFE. She literally has no redeeming qualities.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Fuzz posted:

My only options are accepting her behavior, begrudgingly forgiving her, or banishing her.

You can only kill Kaliyo/Aric if in Chapter XII you told them to stop but they disobeyed and followed whomever you sent first.

Also a couple of Eternal Championship tips for people who haven't started 4.4 content:

1) Bowdarr's recruitment mission requires you to build rep through EC battles so start the recruitment mission first if you don't want to do it twice. The recruitment mission is a good way to warp straight to the EC without having to manually travel to Zakuul as well.

2) When you pick up the initial mission to use the mission console this doesn't update the Weeklies if you pick them up to. Once you've completed the initial quest to find the console, drop the EC quest then pick it back up from the console again. You'll see the Weeklies update when you do this.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Kurieg posted:

Well I'm almost done with the Bounty Hunter questline, and why the gently caress can't I fire Skadge out the airlock? Dude is nothing but hostile and antagonistic and just because he threatens to steal our ship we immediately acquiesce to his demands? I've got a hacker and tech that can probably make sure he never steals said ship, and a goddamn mando bodyguard. Bring it rear end in a top hat.
i don't get the rage for this guy. when i did the bh story, i spoke to skadge less than 10 times total. he was a complete non entity. all i remember about him was that he approved when i told him to shut the gently caress up, which was nice to see.

i liked having him around as someone who didn't just want to slob my knob

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I uninstalled a while back (like, November I think), is the conclusion on KotFE so far that it's got a few rough patches but is overall pretty good? I ask because as I remember you have to sub for a month to access new content right?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pierson posted:

I uninstalled a while back (like, November I think), is the conclusion on KotFE so far that it's got a few rough patches but is overall pretty good? I ask because as I remember you have to sub for a month to access new content right?

If you're not in a huge hurry to resub I'd wait til August. It's an interesting storyline but ~1.5 hours of new content a month. August you'll get all of the content.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

You can only kill Kaliyo/Aric if in Chapter XII you told them to stop but they disobeyed and followed whomever you sent first.

Also a couple of Eternal Championship tips for people who haven't started 4.4 content:

1) Bowdarr's recruitment mission requires you to build rep through EC battles so start the recruitment mission first if you don't want to do it twice. The recruitment mission is a good way to warp straight to the EC without having to manually travel to Zakuul as well.

2) When you pick up the initial mission to use the mission console this doesn't update the Weeklies if you pick them up to. Once you've completed the initial quest to find the console, drop the EC quest then pick it back up from the console again. You'll see the Weeklies update when you do this.

I told Kaliyo to cease and desist after going with Jorgan's plan, so I dunno.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Fuzz posted:

I told Kaliyo to cease and desist after going with Jorgan's plan, so I dunno.

Don't pick the "I'm so happy you're back alive" line when they return

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Apparently popping open armor boxes to see what the gently caress they look like binds them to you.
Great.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kurieg posted:

Apparently popping open armor boxes to see what the gently caress they look like binds them to you.
Great.

For 2 days. After that they unbind, unless you equipped the armor/added it to an outfit designer slot.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

There's no timer on them, it just says bound.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Gasoline posted:

Don't pick the "I'm so happy you're back alive" line when they return

She dies tonight. :getin:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kurieg posted:

There's no timer on them, it just says bound.

What type of armor?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
OPS NIGHT TONIGHT

8:00PM EDT be there or I will use my hatred of you to fuel my dark powers.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

What type of armor?

I got a few boxes of armor from the new cartel pack, I opened them up to see how they looked, decided I didn't like them, but didn't take them out of the box. Now the box and the items in them are still showing as bound without a timer 2 days later.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kurieg posted:

I got a few boxes of armor from the new cartel pack, I opened them up to see how they looked, decided I didn't like them, but didn't take them out of the box. Now the box and the items in them are still showing as bound without a timer 2 days later.

Take them out of box and you should get a new timer on them. The box is now permanently bound since you opened it, but once you take them out the new timer should kick in.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Fuzz posted:

She dies tonight. :getin:

I've never been happier to be spoiled. :hfive:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Trast posted:

I've never been happier to be spoiled. :hfive:

poo poo, sorry, and also you're welcome.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Fuzz posted:

poo poo, sorry, and also you're welcome.

No it wasn't your fault at all. And it's just a video game don't worry. In fact now I have something to look forward to!

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Colonial Air Force posted:

OPS NIGHT TONIGHT

8:00PM EDT be there or I will use my hatred of you to fuel my dark powers.

Boo for this being while I'm gonna be watching Civil War.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

mastajake posted:

Boo for this being while I'm gonna be watching Civil War.

......so uhhhhh yeah, when I said "I'll log on at 8 to see if there's enough" I may have also forgotten what night it was. :(

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
I'll be there for ops tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I am already online, waiting for Ops!

Also, where is Nico Okarr's poo poo in Collections? Is it just not in there and if I trash it I can't get a new set? The speeder is in there.

• Locked thread