Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Madcosby posted:

Fun Fact about the Batman TV show:

Burt Ward and Adam West would often have cast orgies with all the extras and stuff. Basically, Burt was a total pimp and constantly had crazy sex parties. Adam West denies banging like all the female cast but doesn't deny basically just telling women on the street "I'm Batman" and banging them in his hotel room

It's all in the Adam West autobiography, which is just like an extended letter to penthouse

I don't think this differs much from any 60s American TV stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

West Batman was also in some ways the last Detective-y Batman outside of the comics. Like it was campy as hell and he still used the Bat Computer (god that prop owned)

It was such a gorgeous set

The upper part of the Batcomputer (which also doubled as the Navigational Control Computer and several other machines depending on what was required by the plot) was the console from a Burrough B-205 which was also used in pretty much every Fox scifi TV show and movie during the 60s and 70s.
It's available in toy form!

Also here's an awesome Twitter feed about all the crazy signs and labels in the '66 show

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I embrace all Batmen. Batman '66 owns and Batman v Superman owns, warts and all.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Madcosby posted:

Adam West denies banging like all the female cast

He nailed Eartha Kitt. After that, nothing measured up anymore.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Batman v Superman owns, warts and all.

actually it's fuckin garbage made by idiots

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

julie newmar was the best catwoman of all time btw

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

julie newmar was the best catwoman of all time btw

agreed except that instead of julie newmar it was eartha kitt

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

game set match

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:eyepop: jesus christ it belongs in a museum :eyepop:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If you're a straight nerd I don't know how you can't have a crush on Julie Newmar (or Lynda Carter).

Eartha Kitt is still the Queen of Queens, though.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Kitt would make any straight man's dick shrink.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Just got out of Civil War. It shares a hilarious amount of plot beats with BvS, and just does them so well that I'm sad about BvS all over again.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

IIRC, she had to be sewn into the Catwoman outfit each time, because it was so skintight :quagmire:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Judakel posted:

Kitt would make any straight man's dick shrink.

drat straight, Julie Newmar's rear end not withstanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbPo6zekYxw

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

IIRC, she had to be sewn into the Catwoman outfit each time, because it was so skintight :quagmire:

I bet it really irritated the network censors on some "letter of the law" poo poo at the time, too. "What? Her navel and ankles are covered, just like it says."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

"IS THERE SOMEONE HERE CALLED BATMAN?"

oh my god I'm dying

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Young Freud posted:

drat straight, Julie Newmar's rear end not withstanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbPo6zekYxw

That weird rear end car underneath the fuzzy cat face props was called the 'Autorama Special' or 'The Reactor' and was built by legendary "King Of Kustoms" automotive customizer Gene Winfield. It also appeared in episodes of Bewitched, Star Trek, Mission Impossible and The Flying Nun.

He also designed and built the Shuttlecraft Galileo from Star Trek, the Piranha from The Man From U.N.C.L.E, the 6000 SUX from Robocop, the Starcar from The Last Starfighter and 25 vehicles in Bladerunner.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 6, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
loving hell, the weekend box office numbers are in and Batman v Superman barely made half a million bucks domestically and didn't even even reach a full million over the Monday-to-Sunday. For comparison, Deadpool made three and a half million dollars in the same weekend of its run. At this rate the distributors will be cutting BvS's run short.

The Jungle Book and Captain America: Civil War will probably overtake BvS before next weekend even though they were released 3 weeks and 6 weeks after BvS.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

loving hell, the weekend box office numbers are in and Batman v Superman barely made half a million bucks domestically and didn't even even reach a full million over the Monday-to-Sunday. For comparison, Deadpool made three and a half million dollars in the same weekend of its run. At this rate the distributors will be cutting BvS's run short.

The Jungle Book and Captain America: Civil War will probably overtake BvS before next weekend even though they were released 3 weeks and 6 weeks after BvS.

Dang it man, my feelings of self worth are only validated by how a franchise tentpole movie that I have no financial stake in performs at the box office.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm surprised BvS made any money this weekend at all. It came and it went, no one gives a poo poo about it anymore.

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Dang it man, my feelings of self worth are only validated by how a franchise tentpole movie that I have no financial stake in performs at the box office.

I think he's just surprised it made so little. You can calm down.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bvs
Gbs

Coincidence?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

oldpainless posted:

Bvs
Gbs

Coincidence?

**Tearfully defends the honor of Superman and Zak Snyder from plebes who can't understand true art**

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ryan Reynolds also made piles of money off of Deadpool since also worked as a producer for the film and also wisely made sure to go performance cut payment for the film:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/deadpool-star-ryan-reynolds-getting-huge-payday-af/1100-6435026/

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

quote:

Sources told The Hollywood Reporter that Reynolds was paid $2 million upfront to appear in and produce Deadpool... As a result of Deadpool's success, Reynolds will make at least $10 million and "possibly much more" if it clears $800 million...

Deadpool director Tim Miller, 50, was reportedly paid $250,000 up front to helm the film... After clearing $150 million in North America (which it did in just four days), Miller was reportedly paid a bonus of as much as $150,000.

so gently caress directing, am I right

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Dude is going to have carte blanche at Fox for this. Not exactly a raw deal.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Yeah I bet his wild success will translate into getting a point or something from the gross in the next movie.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SciFiDownBeat posted:

thats not exactly news, the Sexiest Man Alive Union has always got their members good deals. especially LA local 392

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Snyder is allegedly fired.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3108257/geoff-johns-atop-dceu-after-batman-v-superman-bomb-can-he-undo-zack-snyders-damage/

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Bring back the Catwoman director

Catwoman with Halle Berry is the best comic book movie ever made

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Bring back the Catwoman director

Catwoman with Halle Berry is the best comic book movie ever made

no one has caught on to your gimmick and we all believe you

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Time Travel Flash gets his message to Batman, but he gets it when/where it needed to be: At a time he was more concerned over his suspicions of Lex Luthor than some unknown alien almost 2 years sooner.
Bruce! Listen to me right now! It’s Lois! Lois Lane! She’s the key! Am I too soon!? I'm too soon! You were right about him! You were always right about him! Fear him! Fear him and find us. You have to come find us, Bruce!

In that time Batman, now that he has years to plan and prepare, has researched Superman/Clark/Lois well enough to realize "Martha" a lot sooner and comes to realize this guy CAN be trusted. He creates a new timeline where the events of BvS never happen, secretly begins searching for metahumans and building the JLA in secret sooner and Batman and Superman are best buddies.

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich
I love Superman. I love Batman. I hated this movie. It failed on so many levels, it wasn't even the goofy entertaining kind of bad, it was the difficult to sit through kind of bad.

Today I saw Civil War, which totally kicked rear end, so now I hate the BvS movie even more, by contrast.

All responsible parties should be taken out behind the sound stage on the Warner's lot and unceremoniously shot and dumped into shallow graves for desecrating such noble American cultural icons. gently caress Snyder.

Now go ahead and make fun of me for taking stupid kid's movies so seriously... but its like, all I have in my life (besides my great career, big house and gorgeous bisexual girlfriend).

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Freestyle posted:

I love Superman. I love Batman. I hated this movie. It failed on so many levels, it wasn't even the goofy entertaining kind of bad, it was the difficult to sit through kind of bad.

Today I saw Civil War, which totally kicked rear end, so now I hate the BvS movie even more, by contrast.

All responsible parties should be taken out behind the sound stage on the Warner's lot and unceremoniously shot and dumped into shallow graves for desecrating such noble American cultural icons. gently caress Snyder.

Now go ahead and make fun of me for taking stupid kid's movies so seriously... but its like, all I have in my life (besides my great career, big house and gorgeous bisexual girlfriend).

we don't give a poo poo but cineD is sharpening their pitchforks and lighting the torches for you daring to desecrate the unparalleled genius that is Zack Snyder

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

While it doesn't look good for Snyder, the executioner's axe hasn't been swung yet. I'd rather hear confirmation that he's been shitcanned before claiming that the DCEU has gotten back on track because there's still ways he can worm his way out of it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

http://cutbu.tumblr.com/post/134559348509

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Can you imagine that any writer ever involved with Superman or Batman in all of comics history watched MOS or this film and thought "gently caress yeah I wish I'd done it this way!!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

Can you imagine that any writer ever involved with Superman or Batman in all of comics history watched MOS or this film and thought "gently caress yeah I wish I'd done it this way!!"

Did Ditko ever do Superman or Batman? Neal Adams is crazy now so he might think that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Flesh Forge posted:

The guy that did the infamous Captain America "do you think this A stands for France?!" comic probably had a raging boner when Ma Kent told Superman "gently caress humans, don't help those working class scum".

• Locked thread