Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I have been reading up on all of these really old baseball players lately, and lets just say that I hope this injury isnt the precursor to the tuberculosis that is going to kill my Joss.

If he has to die, his blood is going to power up the infernal dinger machine below the Heart of Gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Zodiac5000 posted:

To all owners of the Super-League

Hey folks, Zodiac5000 here. I know its a bit presumptuous to get up in front of you all and give a spiel, but at this point I'm just too worried not to.

See, I intervened many times last season to try to mitigate the violence that C-Bakes wanted to inflict upon the owners and players of the Super-League and general populace. I even saved some of your lives,! What did it get me? potentially relegated and down a few uses of my magical calming flute. As much as the Sodak in me wants to just let bygones be bygones and keep doin' my best to make you safe from Chelsea, I can't get caught up in that thresher again.

On the farm, when a man loses a finger in the thresher because they aren't paying attention, they learn to respect the thresher. I worry that I held you folks back from losing a finger, to your detriment. Now I'm going to let you lose your whole hand. Just don't mess with Chelsea. Just let her throw the knuckleball for a strike, giver her the save, and go home. We'll all be happier that way. I saw what was happening to Oscar. I called it before the season even started that he wasn't going to cut it, because he didn't respect Chelsea's knowledge of the natural sciences and murder. Well, now he's drat sure that Chelsea's high school Geology is up to par, and that her murderin' skills are juts as top notch as Humungus'.

I just want you all to know that this season, I'm not going to reign Chelsea in, except against my fellow Triad brother Pash and maybe CFBalla, because I don't want to potentially deprive the great city of Mitchell of a great man and a great team. The corn palace is going to be beautiful this year, I hear. You should all come visit when you're playing in South Dakota! You can also stop by the state fairgrounds in Sioux Falls, or visit the Crazy Horse Monument!

The state fairgrounds are in Huron...

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Oh, Joe!

Injury-related change
Bresnahan becomes the full-time starting catcher, hitting in Torre's spot.
Call up Rudy York, he is the personal catcher for whoever is SP3.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Put Kiki Cuyler in for Ashburn in RHP lineups.
Put Ashburn on the DL
Call-up Eric Davis to the bench.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Forzelt posted:

The state fairgrounds are in Huron...

Dammit you're right. I was thinking of the regular fairgrounds. Well played Forzelt. loving Huron. My first boss at Pizza Hut used to be an exotic dancer from Huron before she became the assistant manager of the Brookings Pizza Hut. I try not to think of Huron.

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Zodiac5000 posted:

Dammit you're right. I was thinking of the regular fairgrounds. Well played Forzelt. loving Huron. My first boss at Pizza Hut used to be an exotic dancer from Huron before she became the assistant manager of the Brookings Pizza Hut. I try not to think of Huron.

That is reasonable. Huron is a terrible place… probably the worst in East River

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
MAKE MORE TAG TEAMS!

Super-League XIX, Week 2 Injury Report

Houston Hol Horses
Ed Delahanty (OF) (Shikata Ga Nai!) - 11 days

Oklahoma City Bombers
Eddie Collins (2B) (Pray for mentholmoose) - Out for Season

Portland Panderers
Eddie Collins (2B) (Justice for mentholmoose!) - 101 days
Bubbles Hargrave (C) (Left on mission to take vengeance on Monicro for Collins-related shenanigans) - 16 days

Rockford Losers
Jerry Koosman (SP) (Don't lose the Koos!) - 15 days

St. Maarten Storm
Willie Stargell (1B/OF/DL) (THE BOX!) - Out for Season

Pick 'em: Untold Hardship

Hardcore and Larkin-Downing Championships
Is the Larkin-Downing Championship finally coming home?
Glastonbury Knights (c) @ South Shore Gumshoes

Triple Crown Championships
Hoboken Zephyrs (c) @ Slaughterhouse Nine

Intercontinental Championship
Portland Panderers (c) @ Porthcawl Rakers

Television Championship
Do you believe in HulkaMiracles?
Kobe Crows @ Oklahoma City Bombers (c)

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The Bombers are in mid-season form, I see.

Pick em: Nine win, rest retain

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Oklahoma City Bombers

Portland Panderers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MlaIe1ljs

I should not have traded for a Collins. My heart can't handle knowing that mine very well could be next.

Pick'Em: Champs retain.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
all champs retain

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Oklahoma City Bombers

Portland Panderers

get a room you two

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Pickem: All Champs Retain

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

Pickem: All Champs Retain

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Houston Hol Horses

Oklahoma City Bombers

Portland Panderers
Bubbles Hargrave (C) (Left on mission to take vengeance on Monicro for Collins-related shenanigans) - 16 days

Suspicious. The three frontrunners in Senor Goodtimes all suffer significant injuries while :smugdon: remains untouched? When I return to the Super League I plan to look into this in my capacity as ombudsman.

Television Championship
[/quote]

All champs retain

FairGame fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 5, 2016

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Everyone retains, though that means the Zephyrs escaped the Genericdome alive :argh:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Television Championship

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Champs Retain

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

kw0134 posted:

Everyone retains, though that means the Zephyrs escaped the Genericdome alive :argh:

And guess who's coming to the Despair Dome next week! :unsmigghh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Champs Retain

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Smasher, could you give my Wolverines lineup the ol' SABRmetric shuffle? I haven't had access to my computer, nor will I until possibly Monday night. Once I'm set up again, I'll go through and set a constant lineup and make some tweaks. Thanks.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Oklahoma City Bombers

Portland Panderers

Get good

----

Television Championship

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Rakers take, others retain.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Champs Retain

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

cbx posted:

Smasher, could you give my Wolverines lineup the ol' SABRmetric shuffle? I haven't had access to my computer, nor will I until possibly Monday night. Once I'm set up again, I'll go through and set a constant lineup and make some tweaks. Thanks.

After two weeks? That doesn't seem very wise, given small sample sizes and all.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

MAKE MORE TEAMS!

Remember, if you when the Tag Team Tournament, your team is safe from being murdered. For a lot of teams, that's a deal you really, really, really can't afford to pass up.

The 9th Tag Team Championship Tournament: Go Team Friendship!

Tag team time has come again!

The way this will work is that two teams, and it can be any two teams, whether they be from the Super-League, the Sub-Par League, or some sort of unholy union between a team from the Super-League and a team from the Sub-Par League, will team up to form a super-team, with each team providing two of the following four components:

-Infield (1B, 2B, 3B, SS, DH, two backup IFs)
-Outfield and Catcher (C, LF, CF, RF, a backup C, and two backup OFs)
-Starting Rotation (SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4, SP5)
-Bullpen (CL, SU, SR, SR, MR, LR)

The winners get the greatest gift I am capable of giving: Immortality! That's right, the teams who win this tournament will be immune from relegation or demotion for a full season! And if you are in the Sub-Par league and are part of the winning tag team, you'll automatically be promoted to the Super-League proper for Super-League XX, a season with two full servings of 'X'! You wouldn't want to miss that!

The two-time, two-time defending champions of this contest are, improbably enough, the Burnt Doritos, the team of the Mitchell Kernels and the Kobe Crows. Obviously, with the Macho Men having dismembered the Kernels, the Kernels need to win to not die, which they probably would prefer given the....grave consequences of losing the Macho Men series that they might not realize yet. Plus, if one of you knocks them off, I can finally cast the Crows to Sub-Par hell. So, make good teams for once, okay?

So, find yourself a partner, combine material from each of your teams, and create a child team that you both will cherish and nurture right up until it goes off to the tournament and disappoints you greatly. And then, you will know how your parents feels every time they think about you.

Participating Teams!
Burnt Doritos (c) (Mitchell Kernels/Kobe Crows)
Alter Egos IV: Cloning Blues (Hoboken Zephyrs/Kozmic Space Fish)
Hyperion Loader Bots (Aperture Scientists/Basecloggers)
Dr. Thunder (Rochester Generics/St. Maarten Storm)
Monateam (Slaughterhouse Nine/Genoa Janus)
Major Depressive Disorder (Houston Hol Horses/Small Market Superstars)
Participation Awards (Seattle Cagey Bees/Centralia Mines)
CanaDA Bomb! (Oklahoma City Bombers/RCMP)
Twin Cities Triad (Minnesota Commission/South Dakota Marmosets)
Los Indingerables (Mexico City Mexicutioners/Khartoum Doom)

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Champs Retain

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Knights
Zephyrs
Rakers
Bombers

And seriously, someone tag with me. I have great OF and some pitching.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'm suddenly frightened for my Eddie Collins.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Pick 'em

Champs retain.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

After two weeks? That doesn't seem very wise, given small sample sizes and all.

Or just take the DH lineup, make it the noDH lineup by subbing the pitchers spot in at 9 and removing my DH.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

cbx posted:

Or just take the DH lineup, make it the noDH lineup by subbing the pitchers spot in at 9 and removing my DH.

Or you could take five seconds and just make a stab at what you think the lineup should look like.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

The Nine must die.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Television Championship

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Smasher Dynamo posted:

MAKE MORE TAG TEAMS!

Houston Hol Horses

Oklahoma City Bombers

Portland Panderers

Dammit, Delahanty! Oh well, at least I didn't have a Collins explode.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Television Championship

Monathin fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 6, 2016

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sub-Par League VII, Week 1: This is a level beyond hell. You could call it Hell 2

Games of the Weak

Keith Wuncler CXXXIV posted:

Dear Diary,

We sure had an awful day. This week was going so good too, we won the first two games on the road and split a tough series. When you get hired to coach a new team, it's always a tough job at first, they're suspicious of you and they've "heard things" about your style. I like to think winning those games put everyone's minds at ease. The owner, Shepard.shouldgo, gave me the thumbs and a big smile, though there was something about that smile that made me feel a little off. I can't explain it.

Yesterday was a disaster though, because it was the home opener for the season and we blew that, bad. Eddie was fine but it looked like our hitters couldn't get a handle on the ball or a feel for their gloves. We looked so out of sorts that some scoundrel had already put up a "count down to Dusty gets fired" website. At the press conference Shepard smiled still, but man his eyes. They were not happy. So today we had to win. It didn't need to be said.

I've been a pro baseball man for nearly 50 years, and I have never heard of any "Sub Par League" but it seems like some sort of miracle -- Cy Youngs and Babe Ruths and Teddy Williams, all gathering on a field like ain't nothing, having a game. When I was told my bench would be Mike Schmidt and Nap Lajoie, I could not resist. There's something wrong though. I can feel it. Maybe it was the team from...Black Mesa was it? The Scientists. They looked like that time when we had a good-will event at the local VA, dead stares and vacant expressions, like they had come from a tour in Afghanistan, and their entire platoon was killed. Some moved as if they had old injuries for lord knows where that never quite healed. But they, they were sharp. The team owner, some feller by the name of CraigK, when he wasn't playing his video games, he was looking at the divisional standings and sort of had a fit. It's the first week, how could he possibly have a care?

I'm rambling again. Melissa says I need to tone it down some and unburden myself. The game. We were doing fine, when you start Cy Young, you should feel good. And it was good! After four innings, nothing doing on the Scientist's side. Only two runners that entire time. They were doing the same to us, but we got a break with a one-two double and hit and we're on the board. They did the same a little later, but we got the edge back in the 6th, you lock down the game and it would be enough.

Oh Melissa. You know what the press will say. What everyone will say. "Why didn't you pull Young in the 9th?! A save situation and you leave Young in there with a one-run lead? Are you an idiot?!" I'm no dummy. Cy Young was a dominant pitcher, and Lord, they could pitch in those days. Nearly 400 innings some seasons! Even when he was in his 40s he would pitch more innings than these coddled babies today would throw. Nonsense. Bullpens are for those geeks with their numbers. Young could throw complete games; he will throw a complete game.

Well, shoot. Four pitches into the 9th and Hank Aaron slams it out of the park. I can't be blamed for a bad matchup that time, Cy's a righty and so is Hank. A hundred pitches thrown by Cy, that's hardly a warm up for him! No one wanted to meet my gaze once the inning was done, like I was some sort of mistake. Cy complained about his hip and gave me the ball.

Now I was in a pickle. Tied up in the 10th, and no idea how long the game would last. Mo and the rest of them were warming up in the bullpen, eager to show us old fogies what they could do. The heart of our lineup went down one-two-three just like that. I had no choice, you see. I could not use Mo now, with the game not on the line, not without something to secure. Luis's a fine pitcher. He's got the stamina for a starter so he needed to only keep us in play.

Oh diary. Even now it seemed like nothing I could do would change things. Luis goes in on the 10th. It would have been fine, Omar Vizquel a lucky double. Who does he think he is. Then Alan bobbles the play! It's not my fault! These are all good decisions! They didn't pan out, that's how it is sometimes. Poor Luis, saddled with the loss and it wasn't even an earned run. I'm going to have to have a word with the batting coach because then we went down in order to end the game. What a debacle.

Strangely, the boss wasn't mad. Smiling as always. "Rusty," he says after the game, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, "there are certain risks with being in the Sub Par. Terrible risks. The winners, they go on to greater things than you can imagine. A world of baseball played without limits. That's the prize.

"The losers? They are relegated." That's not the worst thing to happen, if it's like the Premier League in England, you know, you sub out for a season, lick your wounds a bit. It's unheard of in baseball, but at this level and with so many owners clamoring to get in, I suppose fair's fair. If you can't win, you don't belong. But the way he said it...that smile. Thinking about it made me shiver.

I didn't have the heart to tell Shepard that Cy somehow broke his hip.

Gotta go,

XOXO Dusty

POST SCRIPT NOTES

- Yes, Cy Young blew out a hip, but he'll be fine! Totally fine. Will miss only one start. Somehow.
- So you know how I said you needed a glove like Trammell at short for your defense? Uh, I don't quite take it back but WHOOPSIE.
- Rube is great! Cy is great! They're both great!
- Bill Bernhard with the save. The great Bernhard reckoning is at hand, and all of the Sub Par will pay for their apostasy!
- Amazingly, Dusty wasn't in fact not loving up the game with his managerial skills. Merely very unlucky :(

Box Score

Frank Gaiman posted:

STONED LIGHTNING TAKE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP WITH SWEEP OF WEREBEARS

Achewood - It was a beautiful day in the Hundred Acherwood. Ray Smuckles was eating a pot of his favorite Astros hunny, having successfully won the first two games of the series and bringing Nolan Ryan to bear for the sweep.

"Oh, bother," said JR Leap, manager of the Werebears. "I've forgotten to bring my offense again. Silly ol' werebears."

Indeed, neither team had done much with the bats all series, and it seemed to be more a product of bad bats than particularly good pitching. The Werebears jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the second inning on a Derek Jeter RBI single, but they just couldn't pile on.

"Hrmmm," said JR Leap, scratching her head, with her little red halfshirt bunching up. "My tummybox is so rumbly for offense. Maybe if I put some bees on the infield it'll disrupt the other players. And then while they're chasing the players around I can get their hunny!"

She pointed at the nearest player on the Werebear bench. "Throw some beehives in the general direction of the Stoned Lightning, hoo hoo hoo hoo!"

Alas, it turned out the player she was pointing to was Chuck Knoblauch, and it went roughly as well as could be expected. Billy Goodman got pegged in the face with a beehive, and while frantically trying to get away from a stinging swarm, he promptly gave up an unearned run to tie the game at 1.

"Oh, bother," said JR Leap.

Yet still the Werebears had a chance, as Paul O'Neill made half-good on his promise to hit two home runs for that kid in Seinfeld, cracking a two-run homer to put his club up 3-1. But that was short-lived, as defensive replacement Dick Groat promptly booted a ball that led to the Stoned Lightning tying the game 3-3.

It stayed that way for a while, with the Werebears not really threatening outside of a rally that Mike Piazza killed by grounding into a double play. Eventually, Billy Goodman, his face swollen by beestings, made yet another error in a pivotal eleventh inning as the Stoned Lightning walked off for a 4-3 win.

JR Leap shrugged and took a nap. Silly ol' werebear.

As for CaptainYesterday, he was never one to take small successes in moderation.

"Oh yeah!" he shouted. "For years you've laughed at my teams! The Engineers! The Spooks! The Zakus! But who's laughing now?"

The gathered reporters nervously tittered.

"OK, well some of you are laughing! But the Stoned Lightning have lived for multiple seasons now! And while you all picked us to lose, we are doing the opposite of losing! We're winning! Just like TNA Wrestling, that thing that nobody respects and most people barely understand! We're coming for you, Super League!"

Gripping the Cruiserweight belt, which was really just a giant "You Tried" medal, he stormed out, a legend in his own mind.

GAME NOTES

- The Stoned Lightning won every single game in extra innings! Wow!

- Four errors really isn't a good look for the Werebears. Especially given their two errors on Opening Day.

- Miguel Tejada is on pace for 162 doubles on the season!

- Sorry this is kinda short; turns out I need to get back into form.

Box Score

Frank Gaiman posted:

BROOKINGSBY, THE SCRIVENER

Jersey City - A few seasons ago, every owner was giving Forzelt poo poo for playing Buddy Myer.

"Buddy Myer," they said, laughing. "What a chump. Your team relies on Bubbles the Catcher and :buddy: how are you even going to attempt to compete? You should trade for Eddie Collins, ya dingus! Collins is faster than Myer!"

Forzelt calmly looked at Buddy Myer, then at Eddie Collins. Detecting the degenerative nerve disorder that Collins is susceptible due to the presence of clones, Forzelt shook his head.

"I would prefer not to."

cbx laughed at Forzelt. "You dumbass," he began. "Who cares if your team won the EC and also has managed to survive for a few seasons. You need a legitimate second baseman. You should trade for Napoleon Lajoie, whose contact abilities make him an ideal leadoff hitter."

Forzelt looked at Lajoie, whose puny muscles only emphasized how little power he had, and whose glove was made of swiss cheese. No, that wouldn't do at all.

"I would prefer not to."

HulkaMatt clapped Forzelt on the back goodnaturedly. "My good man," he began, his arm around Forzelt's shoulders. "Buddy Myer has no power whatsoever. You should trade for Ryne Sandberg, a good glove who will on occasion run into a ball and maybe hit 15-20 homers per year. That's what the Dinos need. Not Buddy Myer. Buddy Myer means failure, and I should know--I'm the owner of a team doomed to perpetual failure without the sweet release of death."

Forzelt considered Ryne Sandberg and found his attitude lacking. He didn't think Sandberg would take kindly to Babe Ruth not running out ground balls, or Jim Bunning refusing to bring his committee to a vote so that he could watch a Kentucky Wildcats game.

"I would prefer not to."

In a poof of smoke, Marauder appeared! Twirling his moustaches, he dusted off his monocle. "No, no," he shook his head. "This won't do at all. Buddy Myer? Unacceptable. Why, when I ruled the league there were certain rules of decorum. Rule #1 was don't play embarrassing players! What this team needs is Joe Morgan, whose superb defense and baserunning make him a rare gem even despite a pedestrian batting line!"

But again, Forzelt found Morgan wanting. He sighed at Morgan's defense, underrated as it was, and weak batting line.

"I would prefer not to."

Mornacale appeared next, decked out in his Pittsburgh Penguins jersey and Golden State Warriors hat. "Maybe I could interest you in an old Charlie Gehringer, late of the Mexicutioners? You know you want him, and I'm just going to hound you until he's yours." He dangled the second baseman in front of Forzelt, trying to ignore Shepard batting at Gehringer like a kitten.

Forzelt considered Gehringer and was displeased at the Mechanical Man's collection of liver spots and grey hairs. This wouldn't do at all.

"I would prefer not to."

"FINE!", the assembled owners all shouted in unison. Play your stupid Buddy Myer and see if we care! Have fun never being relevant again.

Then Buddy Myer hit a home run and won the game for the Dinosaurs.

GAME NOTES

- The Jobbers have a Myer too! The combined Buddy Myer line on the day: 5-for-10, 3 runs scored, a double, a homer, 2 RBI!

- Myer did gently caress up a ball in the 9th that led to an unearned run, though.

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

Competent... a little too competent.

Analysis

Another year where we wonder if Grandpa Ruth will do anything at all.

Analysis

Is Greg Maddux good again? Too early to say.

Analysis

Power pitching is cool again! Except for the winning games part.

Analysis

It's like the real Dusty Baker is standing in front of me! So realistic.

Analysis

You make all those roster moves and expect me not to injure anyone? Get real.

Analysis

Aww, the good logo went away :(

Analysis

I was going to say put Harper in center, but maybe right field would be better!

Analysis

So, who wants to play for the Dinos this year?

Analysis

How do you have a guy with 11 RBI in a week and a losing record?

Analysis

New Hoss seems to be in good form. The offense does not.

Analysis

Yeah, that was probably going to happen.

Analysis

I guess some of your guys had short injuries, but those are over now.

Analysis

The People's Left Hander is not broken. Haven't we been through this before?

Analysis

Okay, I looked into it, and unfortunately the game is not optimistic about Machado playing shortstop. Phenomenal third baseman, but not more than that.

Analysis

Your bullpen won that title. Even Jose Valverde!

Analysis

Good to see the Gay Johnsons again.

Analysis

Looks like the game knows more about Ken Giles than we thought!

Standings

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 6, 2016

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Uh, those recap screenshots seem wrong.

E: nevermind, they're fixed.

Space Fish Roster Moves
1.) Tewksbury to AAA, Tiant takes his place
2.) Old Brown to LR in exchange for Nolan Ryan (which is hopefully what the sim would do anyway but I want to make sure it doesn't burn Ryan for some random LR appearance.

Thanks!

FairGame fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 6, 2016

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Okay let's keep it simple I guess to deal with the early injuries.

Plug Cecil Travis in at short.

send Chief Bender to AAA and call up Jerry Koosman to be the 5th starter.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
A 4 game series vs the Mexicutioners in Mexico City feels like the absolute worst case scenario for the Superstars. Or any pitching staff, really.

Also, the Stoned Lightning need to stop succeeding so I can have a high first rounder.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I need some time to think about what to do with Joss, but for now I would like to start keeping track:

Mexicutioners HRs: 13
Kennel From Hell HRs: 15

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...
Pick 'em: Champs retain

A-Rod to DL and Cullenbine to AAA
Vlad up and takes A-Rod's "DH against LHP" spot, Keltner up and fills my "gosh, the 44 Indians had some solid talent that has no business on a Super League roster" bench quota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Joss to DL, call up Steve Reed

New Rotation

#1 Christy Mathewson
#2 Nap Rucker
#3 Jesse Tannehill
#4 Bill Bernhard
#5 Slim Sallee

Steve Reed to short relief, Hoyt Wilhelm to middle relief

Make sure Rucker stays as the next up starter

Oh hey can I send that godawful Mysterious Walker back to the nethers for a guy on my feeders?