Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Since apparently you are unable to connect the dots I'll do it for you.

A poster indicated that they were upset with the thought of pets dying. To normal people that means exactly that: a person was upset with pets dying.

You, somehow, extrapolated that this actually means:

1 - The person values the lives of pets over people.
2 - The person can only value one thing at a time.

Therefore this person must only value the pets and doesn't care about the people.

Only you are making this argument. No one else is. The person didn't say they only cared about pets, that's your twisted mind drumming that up.

So based on that we can conclude that either:

A - You're being contrarian for no apparent reason; which makes you an rear end in a top hat. So stop.
or
B - Your brain literally cannot comprehend this situation which is a sign of mental disease since it's actually not difficult to do exactly that.
or
C - You have never been able to do this which would lead to sociopathy.

Seek help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Is everyone in this thread really loving weird or is the fire just bringing out the worst in people?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

littleorv posted:

Is everyone in this thread really loving weird or is the fire just bringing out the worst in people?

It's both tbh

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
CanPol is a thread for people who would publicly apologize to you if you bumped into them while secretly hoping you have terminal cancer metastasizing in your bowels.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

littleorv posted:

Rule of thumb: Normal people don't post on the Internet.

Look at your Facebook feed. The people who show up most often are the ones who's lives most resemble a train wreck.

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

littleorv posted:

CI was right all along and we're all human garbage, hth

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

Helsing posted:

CanPol is a thread for people who would publicly apologize to you if you bumped into them while secretly hoping you have terminal cancer metastasizing in your bowels.

Sounds about right.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
As an American this Canadian infighting is very discombobulating, I'd prefer if you go back to being genial and polite while pushing the anger deep down inside like I remember.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Well I'm happy that we don't need to learn anything from the wildfire given that apparently global warming is just a scam and all would have been fine if only my political enemies were psychics

Mozi posted:

As an American this Canadian infighting is very discombobulating, I'd prefer if you go back to being genial and polite while pushing the anger deep down inside like I remember.

The American conception of Canadians is really just a myth -- we're like this dysfunctional family who's really nice and lovely and cheery when you're visiting, but clawing at each other's throats when nobody's looking.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Mozi posted:

The single largest election in Canada, in which a single person is directly competing for the most individual votes, is the race for mayor of Toronto. Nobody needs to directly win more votes than that mayor. Even our Prime Minister only directly competes for the votes in his own riding.

Our biggest direct election. And we elected Rob Ford.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Helsing posted:

The single largest election in Canada, in which a single person is directly competing for the most individual votes, is the race for mayor of Toronto. Nobody needs to directly win more votes than that mayor. Even our Prime Minister only directly competes for the votes in his own riding.

Our biggest direct election. And we elected Rob Ford.

I don't see the problem here

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
and people poo poo on Alberta, where do you think a lot of the people living in Alberta are from, out loving east.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Do it ironically posted:

and people poo poo on Alberta, where do you think a lot of the people living in Alberta are from, out loving east.

If your head wasn't so far up your rear end you'd notice people love bitching about and dissecting the flaws of every part of the country. You just get off on complaining about how mean the thread is to Alberta.

Were you even born there? You have the needy, agitated behavior of a convert. You didn't by chance grow up outside the province and move there later in life?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Try to imagine what the thread's reaction would be to a massive earthquake tossing Vancouver into the sea.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Helsing posted:

Try to imagine what the thread's reaction would be to a massive earthquake tossing Vancouver into the sea.

I'm pretty sure even the people living in Vancouver would be all for it.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Helsing posted:

If your head wasn't so far up your rear end you'd notice people love bitching about and dissecting the flaws of every part of the country. You just get off on complaining about how mean the thread is to Alberta.

Were you even born there? You have the needy, agitated behavior of a convert. You didn't by chance grow up outside the province and move there later in life?

Drumheller, god bless

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
This thread is insanely bad

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

leftist heap posted:

Without the constant drumbeat of elections we've run out of stuff to talk about so now we're all just displaying exactly how ugly our personalities are.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Wow, even Helsing has become a complete fuckwit over this fire.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

leftist heap posted:

How is that different from any previous CanPol thread?

Helsing posted:

Without the constant drumbeat of elections we've run out of stuff to talk about so now we're all just displaying exactly how ugly our personalities are.

You smell like baby puke and probably sniff your own farts.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

probably sniff your own farts.

But enough about my posting.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Helsing posted:

That would probably kill a lot of people, so I'd imagine it would take an extra day or two for the sick burns to begin.

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 5, 2016

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
While cathartic, gloating over what's happening to people in Fort McMurray is evidence of the same broken thinking that let's foreign interventionists shrug away drone struck civilians because of their apparent guilt by association. Please stop being human filth namaste

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

The Butcher posted:

That would probably kill a lot of people, so I'd imagine it would take an extra day or two for the jokes to begin.

CI could be caught under a pile of rubble during that very same earth quake and he'd still summon the strength to pull out his smart phone and gloating post here about the destruction of home equity while the emergency workers were trying to lift the concrete column crushing his pelvis.

Also:

the trump tutelage posted:

While cathartic, gloating over what's happening to people in Fort McMurray is evidence of the same broken thinking that let's foreign interventionists shrug away drone struck civilians because of their apparent guilt by association. Please stop being human filth namaste

Even if I'm guilty of this myself, this is a good post.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I saw some comment once on some unrelated topic to the effect of 'I must has misunderstood what you wrote because otherwise you'd be a stupid idiot, so please clarify, namaste'. Definitely the trump card in the card deck of passive-aggressiveness.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Helsing posted:

Just think what that would do for property values in Abbotsford.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Just stopping by to say that the thread title is fantastic.

No hot takes (HEH) from me.

OK bye.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

McGavin posted:

I'm pretty sure even the people living in Vancouver would be all for it.

With all the harm it'd do to property values? No way.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

With all the harm it'd do to property values? No way.

I don't know. Ocean front on all four sides

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Good loving god why do I ever look at Facebook comments. It drat near sounds like people think Notley and Trudeau started the fire and siphoned all the gas out of the water bombers when they took all the firefighting money away. So they can raise taxes to rebuild.

Also it is too soon to talk about climate change. Then it will be too soon because we are rebuilding, then it will be too soon because the economy is still bad, then it will be who cares because the economy is good.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Here, have something to remind you of your faith in humanity

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
jm20's point isn't even hard to understand but people keep on willfully misunderstanding him as Animal Hitler or something and it's funny

Boy that sure is transparent in what it's trying to do.

the trump tutelage posted:

Nah

Here's something that got dug up from last year that should rile up our favorite posters

https://twitter.com/BCGovNews/status/621719571851026436

That was a proposal that ended up becoming a tripling of previous fines. Of course, as with all flat fines, this ends up hitting the poor while the rich can basically write it off without a second thought

edit: thought, not though

Brannock fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 5, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Helsing posted:

This garbage rear end city could use a reboot tbh

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

CLAM DOWN posted:

This garbage rear end city could use a reboot tbh
It already burned down once and that didn't fix anything.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

It's cute how you guys think demolishing a city would solve anything and not primarily harm those worse off.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Helsing posted:

CI could be caught under a pile of rubble during that very same earth quake and he'd still summon the strength to pull out his smart phone and gloating post here about the destruction of home equity while the emergency workers were trying to lift the concrete column crushing his pelvis.

I expect at least one final curse laden diatribe where he damns Trudeau for not being their personally to lift him out of the rubble.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

THC posted:

It's cute how you guys think demolishing a city would solve anything and not primarily harm those worse off.

Hot takes on an internet comedy webforum give me the vapours as well.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

*Humans except single hetero men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Brannock posted:

Boy that sure is transparent in what it's trying to do.

Act as a magnet for unhinged comments at the bottom of the article?

quote:

Really cool and nice and all but I'm going to state the obvious here they are spending their money that they receive from the Canadian government to help Canadiens whose tax dollars are the money that they are going to donate (because they are getting money from our government). Why not spend the tax dollars to help ourselves first? Lol

quote:

Sorry, not buying it.Trudeau is under fire for these two things. Bringing in too many refugees and not doing anything/enough for the people of his country. I was wondering and waiting how long it would take for this BS to come out.. Only took 5 days...