Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

I just want to say I really love this season.

If shitcrappen is finally revealed as a fraud and F1 Great Nico Rosberg keeps winning I will 100% agree with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

F1 is the best soap opera.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Wow Vercrappen and Failtardo. Might as well rename the team to Team AIDS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Does Kyvat keep on smashing into Vettel now or does he switch targets to Verstapen?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Kvyat took Are Dan out in those two incidents as well, the target is now not-max.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I can't even... http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/toro-rosso-set-for-fresh-engineering-staff-changes-733741/

Kvyat currently has no engineers because Marko just fired Max's. Official line is that it was following an argument after qualifying. I bet any money the real story is that they told Marko he was bag of dicks.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
F1 would lose absolutely nothing if Red Bull were to quit.

Nothing good anyway.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

El Hefe posted:

F1 would lose absolutely nothing if Red Bull were to quit.

Nothing good anyway.

See also: Ferrari

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Tsaedje posted:

See also: Ferrari

e;fb

Red bull and ferrari leaving f1 would be the best possible outcome. Those two teams are the source of 80% of the "WTF is this political bullshit??" stories you've seen in the last few years. Without them we'd have good engines, reasonable prize money distribution and more european races.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ferrari are at least an actual racing team

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What about Kimi and Super Seb, the two greatest personalities in F1?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

haha wait what... they actually switched frog boy for Kvyat?

Red Bull, the biggest bunch of cunts.

Helmut Marko, the biggest oval office of the bunch.

quote:

Max Verstappen's promotion to Red Bull was done to ease "the considerable unrest" at Toro Rosso between the teenager and Formula 1 team-mate Carlos Sainz Jr, according to Helmut Marko.

Oh yes, the considerable unrest we've seen nothing of since Australia. I'm sure it was, you twat :rolleyes:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

be nice wicka posted:

ferrari are at least an actual racing team

In the same way that disney is an animation studio

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I'm going to go to the USGP, whats the best way to buy tickets, just straight through the COTA site?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Y'all are saying dump Red Bull even when we just got more wtf-grade drama from them today, hot on the heels of yesterday?

I like the soap opera aspect, they cause a lot of it. I'm fine having them in.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Apparently it's too late to change tyre allocations so they're both stuck with what the other chose for the next few races.

It's a shame Kvyat didn't find out in advance.

"Yes Max, so for Spain you've got 15 sets of the hard tyres, 1 set of radials from a 1963 Ford Fairlane and what appears to be a watermelon with a crudely drawn picture of a penis on it".

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Dudley posted:

Apparently it's too late to change tyre allocations so they're both stuck with what the other chose for the next few races.

It's a shame Kvyat didn't find out in advance.

"Yes Max, so for Spain you've got 15 sets of the hard tyres, 1 set of radials from a 1963 Ford Fairlane and what appears to be a watermelon with a crudely drawn picture of a penis on it".

What an excellent post

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Apparently Haaaaaaas is getting 2016 spec Ferrari engines for next week.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Halo14 posted:

Apparently Haaaaaaas is getting 2016 spec Ferrari engines for next week.

russia spec*

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Ah thanks. I thought they were plodding along with last year's model.

scrutineer
Jan 11, 2005
http://sniffpetrol.com/2016/05/06/marko-has-his-dog-shot/

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

one of the best things about this season is mercedes struggling to pretend ferrari poses a threat to them

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
They lack Ron Dennis smugness, that's for sure.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Max Verstappen's promotion to Red Bull was done to ease "the considerable unrest" at Toro Rosso between the teenager and Formula 1 teammate Carlos Sainz Jr, according to Helmut Marko. Marko has also claimed Daniil Kvyat's return to Toro Rosso to make way for Verstappen was in order to ease the growing pressure on him following his poor start to the year.
In light of the unrest between Verstappen and Sainz at Toro Rosso, and with Kvyat's collisions with Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel in Russia on Sunday, Marko felt the time was right for the duo to swap seats. Explaining the switch, Marko told Motorsport-Total.com: "It was primarily a measure to take away the pressure off Daniil."
"This year he has not been near the same performance as last year," he said. "He has been on average three to five tenths [of a second per lap] slower than [teammate Daniel] Ricciardo. Last year he was at eye level. He has been very inconsistent, had many ups and downs, and the crash in Sochi was as a consequence of the internal pressure he had built himself. It did not come from us.
"Romain Grosjean was once in a similar situation when he had crash after crash. We wanted to avoid that, and our luxury is we have the ability to set him up for Toro Rosso again. On the other hand there has been considerable unrest at Toro Rosso between Verstappen and Sainz, so we have solved several internal problems. And we have not removed Kvyat. He is still with us in the squad, and Toro Rosso is a good midfield team."
Suggested to Marko Verstappen's move was a timely one given Ferrari has long been interested in the 18-year-old, he replied: "As you know we have long-term contracts so there was no need for action. But now we have Ricciardo and Verstappen side by side, and we can accurately assess how the two perform, and we have Kvyat against Sainz. This makes future decisions easier, but as mentioned, all four drivers have long-term contracts."
Originally on Autosport.com

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Riiight, Roman Grosjean was once like that, then he matured and for the past few seasons has been doing an alonso and dragging a dogshit car far higher up the points than it has any right to be. He wasn't demoted to what is essentially a reserve driver and have the threat of being dumped at the end of the season hanging over him.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Red Bull is sceptical [sic] that Formula 1’s new engine rules from 2017 will deliver what has been promised on either cost or performance grounds.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-warns-of-no-guarantee-over-2017-f1-engine-power-733929/

It's just non-stop updates from the Red Bull camp this week.

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016

learnincurve posted:

Riiight, Roman Grosjean was once like that, then he matured and for the past few seasons has been doing an alonso and dragging a dogshit car far higher up the points than it has any right to be. He wasn't demoted to what is essentially a reserve driver and have the threat of being dumped at the end of the season hanging over him.

Short memory? I'm quite sure he was dumped and came back up through GP2.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Much of Grosjean's mellowing came about when he had a child so I guess Kyvat needs to listen to Vova Putin and make some babies for Mother Russia.

Also, my money's on the Haas being not so bad and Gutiérrez being a rubbish fraud.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

andyf posted:

Red Bull is sceptical [sic] that Formula 1’s new engine rules from 2017 will deliver what has been promised on either cost or performance grounds.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-warns-of-no-guarantee-over-2017-f1-engine-power-733929/

It's just non-stop updates from the Red Bull camp this week.

Sceptical is the correct spelling, your snarky little [sic] is misplaced

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

it's classic red bull autism. they do something lovely and childish and try to justify themselves by comparing it to a completely different situation. it's like how they said mercedes or ferrari giving them an engine would be no different than lotus letting the entire grid use the cosworth DFV, when in reality that was ford's decision and colin chapman was furious.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Is that a bad pic or is Count Helmut Von Marko as much a one eyed villian as he looks there.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Alice Klar posted:

Short memory? I'm quite sure he was dumped and came back up through GP2.

Not exactly, he was the reserve Renault /young Ferrari driver and was drafted in after Nelson Piquet, Jr got fired, he was put back to reserve in 2010/2011 while competing in GP2 as he was always going to be a stopgap for pay drivers. Last three years of Renault before it fully became Lotus saw different 8 drivers They are referring to 2012 when he was the "first lap nutcase" and got his race ban.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Nill posted:

Much of Grosjean's mellowing came about when he had a child so I guess Kyvat needs to listen to Vova Putin and make some babies for Mother Russia.

Actually he's been going to a psychologist since then to work stuff out.

quote:

Also, my money's on the Haas being not so bad and Gutiérrez being a rubbish fraud.

That's a given.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
For those that think reflexes aren't important for an F1 driver:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFEpVTKhmr3/?taken-by=fernandoalo_oficial

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5pSlL87IoY

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There are...seven of them.... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL21UPXIYqodG9Q6MxzhN-R2bAabNzHvDZ

edit:

nando posted:

Please henson, I can not feel my face

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Jenson's American accent is great.

I lost it at the "American Bro" part.

I'm going to start calling my buddies American Bros.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Davy Crockett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Maddyshits continues his "Look as much of a dick as possible" media assault this week. I wonder if he will take the weekend off, at least.

quote:

Red Bull has no sympathy for Mercedes over 2017 F1 rule changes

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124139/red-bull-no-sympathy-for-mercedes-over-2017

Thats ok Deidrich, i know how you feel. I have no sympathy about red bull in 2016, either. :smug:

• Locked thread