Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Silas is a decent base for flippy dudes. plus I wanna see how he reacts to KUSHIDA's fastball punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Silas is a good heel but I hate his flippy poo poo and I hate his tiny trunks

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't think he's worked a New Japan guy before has he? Besides Watanabe on his excursion? so prob will step up his game

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
that NYC card is... alright? I guess I'm still bummed out it's missing a few of my faves in New Japan, like Omega and Shibata, but I do get to see a bunch of cool dudes so I'll live. don't remember like a third of the ROH dudes tho

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the best way to instantly improve that nyc card is to change venues

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Are they still using Terminal 5 for NYC shows?

They announced Sydal/Okada and an O'Reilly/Kushida rematch for Toronto, I can't find the rest of that card anywhere on their website but those are two pretty excellent matches to start with.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

They announced Sydal/Okada and an O'Reilly/Kushida rematch for Toronto, I can't find the rest of that card anywhere on their website but those are two pretty excellent matches to start with.

The others signed so far are Lethal/Dijak (non-title), Naito/Moose, Ishii/Ferrara and The Elite vs. Tanahashi, Elgin, and Yoshitatsu.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 5, 2016

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

Yes, although Dave said in the latest Observer that it was too small of a Venue for them and they're negotiating with the Manhattan Centre again but that it's been difficult to agree to a deal.

This show will mark the first time I'll be there so I'll see what I think of it first hand I guess.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 5, 2016

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

MagicCube posted:

The others signed so far are Lethal/Dijak (non-title), Naito/Moose, Ishii/Ferrara and The Elite vs. Tanahashi, Elgin, and Yoshitatsu.

Will Ferrara gonna win the TV title here son

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Son of a bitch, not a single ticket, even standing room, available for the Toronto tapings now. There was one on StubHub that was gone by the time I logged into the site.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Son of a bitch, not a single ticket, even standing room, available for the Toronto tapings now. There was one on StubHub that was gone by the time I logged into the site.

I have one I'm willing to unload, fifth row right on the ramp. I thought I'd have time to get into ROH more but :effort:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rand McNally posted:

I have one I'm willing to unload, fifth row right on the ramp. I thought I'd have time to get into ROH more but :effort:

Sent you a PM, I'll take it! Thanks!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Supersonic spazzed out and spilled beans on the F4W board. Adam Cole, Roderick Strong, Moose and Stokely Hathaway are likely to leave ROH. The latter three between now and Best In The World. Cole later in the year.

The reasons: management and money.

There's a possibility that some of them might still work ROH dates just not as contracted talent.

rovert fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 5, 2016

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

What's the deal with the first 3 specifically? Cole going to WWE? Strong thinks he's worth more doing a full indie schedule with ROH dates sprinkled in? Moose going to NJPW like Elgin with some ROH dates?

I don't have a F4W account so did the guy go into specifics?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
So what's the problem with ROH management?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MagicCube posted:

What's the deal with the first 3 specifically? Cole going to WWE? Strong thinks he's worth more doing a full indie schedule with ROH dates sprinkled in? Moose going to NJPW like Elgin with some ROH dates?

Actually guys it is here too/first: http://www.rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5024

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I like the inclusion of Stokely Hathaway to make it a true big 4

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

None of this brings me any cinco de mayo joy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I like the inclusion of Stokely Hathaway to make it a true big 4

Me too!

Meltzer buried what is going on with Stokely in a paragraph and didn't have it as separate story. He only gave the management's perspective. The Championship Melt story in the Observer was from the management's perspective too. So yeah.

RaceyBucket posted:

None of this brings me any cinco de mayo joy.

It sucks. It is only a symptom of what is wrong with the company not the cause.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MagicCube posted:

Moose going to NJPW like Elgin with some ROH dates?

I'd love to see him become the second coming of Bob Sapp and I think he'd fit in great but I've also heard rumors of him linked to WWE. If him and Stokely are linked though that makes NJPW seem more likely as I can't see WWE wanting the latter at all.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Moose is a huge ex-NFL player who now has a few years of TV wrestling experience. I always felt he'd be WWE-bound sooner rather than later.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
From not the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
big stoke knows not to hitch his wagon to a company that's biggest aspiration is exhibition matches with another company/converting the tennis network into a sports channel with fcs football as their big programming draw.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

big stoke knows not to hitch his wagon to a company that's biggest aspiration is exhibition matches with another company/converting the tennis network into a sports channel with fcs football as their big programming draw.

Not original programming is airing on ROH TV until the end of May. There's two best of special scheduled for the next two weeks.

Most PPVs this year will have New Japan talent on them. New Japan will dominate a lot of ROH TV as a consequence. Leaving ROH's talent with less spots on TV, less storylines etc.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
ROH TV Champion Ishii getting beat 2 months in on NJPW PPV isn't a great look either. Obviously it was against the current IWPG champ but still.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Hace posted:

ROH TV Champion Ishii getting beat 2 months in on NJPW PPV isn't a great look either. Obviously it was against the current IWPG champ but still.

Especially after they forbade ROH talent from working PWG after Elgin lost there as ROH champ.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

BlueArmyMan posted:

Especially after they forbade ROH talent from working PWG after Elgin lost there as ROH champ.

Well that's more on Elgin because he agreed not to lose outside of ROH while he was the champion. Obviously an overreaction and rectified now, but that was at a time when Elgin and ROH had major heat so both parties are at fault there.

Also, ROH is the bottom in this partnership so they don't get a say on how Ishii is booked in NJPW. Is he even announced as the ROH TV Title holder outside of the crossover shows? Either way it doesn't reflect badly on them at all to have Ishii lose to the best wrestler in NJPW. It's kind of a laboured example since NXT doesn't have a secondary singles title, but Chad Gable or Jason Jordan losing to Roman Reigns wouldn't reflect poorly on NXT.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 6, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ishii should never have won the title because roh gets nothing out of him holding it. He'll never be over as some kind of invader the crowd wants a hometown guy to finally beat a la Morishima because he won it from a heel and all the NJPW guys are more over than anybody in Ring of Honor. They've done nothing to build someone up to take it from him.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

Ishii should never have won the title because roh gets nothing out of him holding it. He'll never be over as some kind of invader the crowd wants a hometown guy to finally beat a la Morishima because he won it from a heel and all the NJPW guys are more over than anybody in Ring of Honor. They've done nothing to build someone up to take it from him.

the 14th anniversary show results are kinda hilarious. NJPW was 5-1 in matches with their talent

that one loss was Gedo

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

oatgan posted:

ishii should never have won the title because roh gets nothing out of him holding it and he'll never be over as some kind of invader the crowd wants a hometown guy to finally beat a la morishima because he won it from a heel and all the njpw guys are more over than anybody in ring of honor and they've done nothing to build someone up to take it from him

Yeah I agree with that. It doesn't necessarily look bad, but they've not done anything with it other than a few defences to further other story lines. Hopefully Bobby wins and they do something with it. And with Cole leaving maybe that means Kyle getting a championship oppourtunity?

ayn rand hand job posted:

the 14th anniversary show results are kinda hilarious. NJPW was 5-1 in matches with their talent

that one loss was Gedo

The TV tapings were a better with ROH going 4-3 but again they haven't done much with that story wise outside of Dijak/Lethal and finishing Castle/Silas.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

ayn rand hand job posted:

that one loss was Gedo

Yeah I'm curious how the NJPW/ROH relationship will work out for ROH in the long run. ROH has kind of become a vehicle for me to see NJPW guys live, and nothing more.

But hey I got to meet Tanahashi so thanks ROH

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

ROH hasn't had a Dave Meltzer sanctioned 5 star match in years and this was their way to try to get one.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

They never should fired Davey

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015

MassRafTer posted:

ROH hasn't had a Dave Meltzer sanctioned 5 star match in years and this was their way to try to get one.

I trust Bobby Fish to give us this.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm somewhat skeptical Roddy has very much interest from WWE, but he can make it on the indie scene at large without ROH dates (or taking some here and there if that designation applies to him). It always seemed like just a matter of time to me before they snapped Adam Cole up, though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

They never should fired Davey

From what I remember Davey was being weird and tried to lie into paid time off.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

From what I remember Davey was being weird and tried to lie into paid time off.

iirc the final straw was when h publicly trashed the company in an interview

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

rovert posted:

Me too!

Meltzer buried what is going on with Stokely in a paragraph and didn't have it as separate story. He only gave the management's perspective. The Championship Melt story in the Observer was from the management's perspective too. So yeah.

It sucks. It is only a symptom of what is wrong with the company not the cause.

Lol what was said about the championship melt thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Roddy if you go back to TNA somehow I swear to god

• Locked thread