Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Have you ever played X-Com... on weed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Isn't that Sim City 420?

E: Ach, I see the dudes now & it's not Sim City. Have a video of a weird subterranean building in the actual SC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww8jiOWdnxw

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Isn't that Sim City 420?

E: Ach, I see the dudes now & it's not Sim City.
It's X-Com Apocalypse.

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
hosed up some math :/
https://twitter.com/evilentity/status/727483843293396992

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Post your glitches: hosed up some math :/

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

HappyHippo posted:

In Chrome:

In Firefox:

Firefox I guess is just going "look all the pieces are there, you sort them out yourself."

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I did it, I "fixed" aiming!

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Seppuku by chainsaw sounds like a really awful way to off yourself.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Mercury_Storm posted:

Man, he is shredding. I didn't know you could play the chainsaw.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

ZombieApostate posted:

Seppuku by chainsaw sounds like a really awful way to off yourself.

it sounds like the most badass metal way to off yourself

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Haha, it was caused by the angle for the aiming animation being the opposite of what it's supposed to be. The hands still point in the right direction so if the base animation is off like that they move in impossible ways.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
Its weird because the chainsaw is still where you would want it to be for the attack, its just that the angle the lil dude chose is real odd.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah cause the hands always point in the intended direction no matter what, you just never notice it when the actual aiming animation is working properly. :sweatdrop:

I figure if somehow the animation does get messed up during gameplay the player would probably rather have their gun flipping back inside their own body to shoot in the correct direction than it just looking nice. I doubt that will happen anyways, but if it did it would be pretty funny.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Blue man group reporting for duty, sir!

I don't know what got messed up here yet. I'm just pleased as punch I was finally able to convert all my kludge rear end Ruby w/ C extension software rendering code to proper C w/ embedded Ruby interpreter and also pull SDL in so I can start playing around with rudimentary animation and interactivity.

If I had to guess it would be something to do with me changing how I represent colors slightly and my color_multiply function being stupid.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
That yellow color is a perfect inverse of the blue one so I think you're just shading too hard and making the integer wrap around into negative blue.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

Corla Plankun posted:

That yellow color is a perfect inverse of the blue one so I think you're just shading too hard and making the integer wrap around into negative blue.

Nah, he wasn't supposed to be blue in the first place and all my stuff is clamped so that kind of wrap-around doesn't happen. What happened was that my color channels got swapped around when I changed my color code to support alpha channels everywhere, and my PNG loading code didn't get the memo.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Mercury_Storm posted:

Games in which you can commit suicide accidentally are the best games.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Mercury_Storm posted:

the new 3DS game from suda51 lookin' pretty good

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Shalinor posted:

Games in which you can commit suicide accidentally are the best games.

I've always loved that you're able to shoot the horse you're riding in Red Dead Redemption.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

I suspected an off by one error might have been causing the issue with the specular highlights on dude's neck.

So I attempted to fix it.

The real issue is that the tangent vectors I was sending were getting mangled somehow in a way I still don't quite understand, but computing and manually sending over the bitangent vector along with it fixed the issue.

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Whose music video is this from again?

StevieBoy
Jan 1, 2005
Stupid Newbie

Purple Prince posted:

Whose music video is this from again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj1qLbJfmE8

?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Multiplied by -1 twice, oops! :sweatdrop:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The loop makes it look like he tried to throw the crate.

Then he was the crate.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh uh... I found another one...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shoehead posted:

Dark souls 4 looking good.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Shoehead posted:

Wait, are you throwing yourself, there? Because that's AWESOME if you are.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shalinor posted:

Wait, are you throwing yourself, there? Because that's AWESOME if you are.

Best I can tell is I'm rolling and hitting grab at once, interrupting the roll so that it's animation ending can't stop the movement or switch the roll off, then hitting the enemy causing me to hold nothing and start to ddt, which is why I end up on the ground.

Then due to a second bug/oversight I'm also colliding with the grabbing hitbox and ddting myself which takes into account the holder's (Which is me) position, moves you towards them and then away.

It's all fixed now! I've since switched from having a very comlex series of flags to having a single state, which still has the odd hiccup but at least you can't do mad poo poo like this any more.

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015

Shoehead posted:

It's all fixed now! I've since switched from having a very comlex series of flags to having a single state, which still has the odd hiccup but at least you can't do mad poo poo like this any more.

I love happy endings. :gbsmith:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Shoehead posted:

Best I can tell is I'm rolling and hitting grab at once, interrupting the roll so that it's animation ending can't stop the movement or switch the roll off, then hitting the enemy causing me to hold nothing and start to ddt, which is why I end up on the ground.

Then due to a second bug/oversight I'm also colliding with the grabbing hitbox and ddting myself which takes into account the holder's (Which is me) position, moves you towards them and then away.

I fave a feature request: Have the player character be able to throw himself at opponents.

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

RIP this WIP user generated animation tool #knobsports

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
:psyduck: What the gently caress caused that to happen? Are mods to blame?

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
Is that Protectron supposed to be armed? I haven't played much FO4 but I don't think I've ever seen one just slap the poo poo out of you. Bethsoft games really are just never ending glitch factories.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I have to go now. My planet needs me

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Ahaha I was ready for the vertical exit but nope!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Z-buffers are important.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Luigi Thirty posted:

Z-buffers are important.

They keep the tigers away, I hear.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

I think I may need to review my math.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

Tendales posted:

I think I may need to review my math.

Been there, seen that glitch :allears:
It took me way longer to fix than it should have, iirc.

What are you using to make it?

• Locked thread