Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Wolfechu posted:

This is astounding. Needs to go in the OP.

I've been putting all my dumb shops in OP. More to come. :ocelot:

(will also add anything you guys make)

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Oh poo poo. This started already? I thought it was tomorrow!

I'm missing one person on my team.

My current list is:

FulsomFrank, Static, MagicLamp, chukamok, rj54x -- FulsomFrank isn't on the clan right now.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Shinino Kage posted:

Oh poo poo. This started already? I thought it was tomorrow!

I'm missing one person on my team.

My current list is:

FulsomFrank, Static, MagicLamp, chukamok, rj54x -- FulsomFrank isn't on the clan right now.

Don't panic, it's still tomorrow!

Edit: Also
Do you have your 0.18 rcfile edited on CBRO (and waiting for an update like IronicDongz), or are you waiting for CAO to update to throw it in? Just curious.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 5, 2016

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
So guessing that games started tonight will not count if won once the tourney begins tomorrow?

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007

Glidergun posted:

Flying Purple Eater People! The clans are showing up, but so far I'm the only displayed member of FPEP, though at least two of you are in the All Players list. Try capitalizing TEAMCAPTAIN in your rcfile. Hopefully we can get this working.

Clans have updated and it looks like this may have been the necessary fix; MissPrince and uglyjohn are showing up.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Person Dyslexic posted:

So guessing that games started tonight will not count if won once the tourney begins tomorrow?

Correct, they need to happen entirely within the tournament time to count.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what time does it start

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tollymain posted:

what time does it start

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160506T20

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Having an alarm trap by the lungs is great, when you're with fedhas and set up 18 oklobs with 20 Invocations.

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011

Glidergun posted:

Clans have updated and it looks like this may have been the necessary fix; MissPrince and uglyjohn are showing up.

I changed everything in my rc file; hopefully I'll show up by the end of the night.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
I'm terrible at Crawl and I keep dying with Gargoyle fighters and Centaur gladiators. Anybody need an extra body for the tournament (set expectations low)?

edit: I'm enigma74 on crawl.akrasiac.org

enigma74 fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 6, 2016

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Prism posted:

Correct, they need to happen entirely within the tournament time to count.

Thank you. Thought as much but wanted to make sure.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Looks like CAO finally got 0.18 up, so everyone who plays there should update their rcfiles. The tourny starts in about 19 hours.

your palms get sweaty upon the sight of these guys

If your name doesn't show up next to your team on the Teams page then double check the formatting of your rcfile, and make sure you're playing on 0.18, not trunk!

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 6, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What kind of loser is afraid of Eustachio and Edmund?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

jerkstoresup posted:

Looks like CAO finally got 0.18 up, so everyone who plays there should update their rcfiles. The tourny starts in about 19 hours.

your palms get sweaty upon the sight of these guys

If your name doesn't show up next to your team on the Teams page then double check the formatting of your rcfile, and make sure you're playing on 0.18, not trunk!

Also make sure that your rcfile didn't change your team affiliation if you had something else in your rcfile for CAO, as it takes precedence first over the other servers.
(;))

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

What kind of loser is afraid of Eustachio and Edmund?

Eustachio can be so goddamn annoying if he blocks himself off with summons before you can reach him. Not scary but annoying.

more like FAILdows get it
Nov 19, 2007

punch a friend in the butt

murtidash posted:

We have a few spaces left for 'Pakellas Slips Me His Cold Hard Rod'

Captain: Murtidash
#1: willcat (Iloveu)
#2: badtown (have some flowers)
#3: ramc (ramc)
#4: ?
#5: ?

We're looking for people who can get at a few wins (or at least give it a good go splatting some dudes) and help us compete for top 10. We managed to hit 37th place clan for the .16 tournament, bumped it up to 17th for the .17 tourney, and think we have a real shot to break top 10 for .18. We'll give priority to anyone who was in one of the last two tournaments with us, but come have some fun hitting your head against a wall with us!

# TEAMCAPTAIN murtidash

Hey! I'm dirtygrass from the 0.17 tournament, I'd love to join back up and try to push this further. For 0.17 I contributed the least (only one 3-rune win) but I have since honed my skills and can reliably pull in a 15 rune win with certain melee combos (still getting the hang of casters). I'll keep slamming away until I get at least one 15-rune, then I'll probably try other combos I still need practice with, but I'll definitely contribute more for this tournament.

eyebrow
Aug 17, 2008
I'd like to join a team, I had a 3 rune win last tournament and splatted a few other guys with runes. I can't promise I'll be too successful, but I should be good for a win or two.

murtidash
Apr 28, 2003
Rawr!

Pomale posted:

Hey! I'm dirtygrass from the 0.17 tournament, I'd love to join back up and try to push this further. For 0.17 I contributed the least (only one 3-rune win) but I have since honed my skills and can reliably pull in a 15 rune win with certain melee combos (still getting the hang of casters). I'll keep slamming away until I get at least one 15-rune, then I'll probably try other combos I still need practice with, but I'll definitely contribute more for this tournament.

Glad to have you back! Adding dirtygrass. That fills us up! :)

Pakellas Slips Me His Cold Hard Rod
#4: Chris7
#5: dirtygrass

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Sage Grimm posted:

Guess I'll open up the Abyss team offering again. Usual behaviour of former members get priority all skill levels are welcome. Such is chaos, after all.

code:
# TEAMNAME Give A Man Abyss And They Will Be Fed For A Day
# TEAMCAPTAIN Grimm
1. raskol (kaschei)

Still looking for members and a better name. I've tried riffing off the phrase "Drop the bass" but it's missing something.

EDIT: Loving all the references to Pakellas and Ru in the clan names.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 6, 2016

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Sage Grimm posted:

Still looking for members and a better name. I've tried riffing off the phrase "Drop the bass" but it's missing something.

Some more low effort ones I word replaced from song titles:
Abyss From Erolcha
Lost Forever in Abyss
Abyss Me Baby

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.

68k posted:

Coming back from a few month hiatus with this game, what the heck happened to CSZO? Guess everyone is switching to CBRO.

I'll start a team, losers and Cure fans are welcome to join:

Pictures of Ru
1. Fhqwhgads
2. worldfamousw
3. starve
4. enigma74

# TEAMCAPTAIN meatpath

Joined! 68k I pm'ed you too.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
Free team name idea: Gozaggians for Tax Reform
Teamcaptain: Gozag_Norquist

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Floodkiller posted:

Some more low effort ones I word replaced from song titles:
Abyss From Erolcha
Lost Forever in Abyss
Abyss Me Baby

Abyss Me Baby One More Time might be a winner here.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Shinino Kage posted:

Hell with it. I'll make a team.

Lean Mean Purple-Eating Machine

1: Shinino
2: FulsomFrank
3: Static
4: MagicLamp
5:
6:

# TEAMCAPTAIN Shinino

Anyone can join, just like Floodkiller says. Play and have fun. Go for banners if you want, win if you can. I probably won't win!

ARE WE HYPED GUYS?! I'm thinking I'll Ru-in a few dudes then maybe some Qazlal.

more like FAILdows get it
Nov 19, 2007

punch a friend in the butt

murtidash posted:

Glad to have you back! Adding dirtygrass. That fills us up! :)

Pakellas Slips Me His Cold Hard Rod
#4: Chris7
#5: dirtygrass

Great! I'm amped to die pathetically in Hell with 14 runes!

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Floodkiller posted:

Don't panic, it's still tomorrow!

Edit: Also

Do you have your 0.18 rcfile edited on CBRO (and waiting for an update like IronicDongz), or are you waiting for CAO to update to throw it in? Just curious.

My RC file is on CBRO, and has the names I listed on it (if that was toe me).

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ha. I love wand of acid. I didn't so much love Ijyb having wand of acid. Good warmup, splat on D2.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I think corrosion changed into a really scary thing these past few versions, sure it doesn't permanently cripple you anymore but instead it will kill you much faster, especially if you've encountered a caustic shrike for the first time and your immediate response isn't full steam ahead extermination mode.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

lordfrikk posted:

I think corrosion changed into a really scary thing these past few versions, sure it doesn't permanently cripple you anymore but instead it will kill you much faster, especially if you've encountered a caustic shrike for the first time and your immediate response isn't full steam ahead extermination mode.

im less scared of corrosion and more scare of the things that do it (Caustic Shrikes, gently caress)

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

lordfrikk posted:

i think the raw damage of a 3d10 wand on d:2 is a little more relevant than the corrosion, tbh.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

DDFi of Pakellas is officially OP once you get past the temple. Evo +3 means you can get your wand/rod shots powerful early, plus it also means Pak will turn ~30 max MP into ~4 heal/haste/tele charges or enough on your other wands.

As much as it hurts me to say this, PleasingFungas you might need to rebalance Pak or maybe DD of Pak specifically. The guaranteed 1 charge for 1MP on quick charge is pretty easy to exploit for heal wand charges and the piety hit is negligible because Pak has no piety abilities past *** once you supercharge a rod.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
breaking: dd is op

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I will hubris splat my DD in your honor.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

I better try one quickly before PF nerfs all the fun out of it. :argh:

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Anyone still looking for a team member? I didn't manage to land a 15-rune during 0.17, and I'm not going to try super hard during 0.18 since I'm tired of Zin. I'll be mostly playing random and Nemelex starts, and other fun and relaxing stuff. I'm still good for a couple of runes, and probably a low-rune win.

I'm StoryTimeSA at crawl.akrasiac.org.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
My DD of Pak win ended up with like 20-30 magic pots for the ascent so he could just chain-chug them while recharging and zapping his HW.

But I guess that's any Pak worshipper on the orbrun, really.

Or maybe it's a sign that I need to use more wands instead of only rods and tab.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Unimpressed posted:

I better try one quickly before PF nerfs all the fun out of it. :argh:

Started with one HW wand, found another, got haste wand off acquire scroll. 18x heal charges plus 9x haste makes every single encounter a question of will this get me more MP than I lose on HP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

There was a stairs up here, a water nymph's shallow water ate it and it didn't come back when it died.

oh, hello again

Can you explain how you got your tiles to look that way in that layout? Or pastebin the file?

• Locked thread