Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Mordja posted:

Help me, I've started to integrate Ray's sardonic "You know..." into my irl speech patterns. :(

Thank God it's not just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Carlosologist posted:

Archer talking about his tailor and cobwainer were always funny to me. Actually, all of Archer's comments on fashion and the like are pretty drat funny

"It's cashmere, Lana. There are rules!"

Is that supposed to be a cordwainer or is there a different type of clothesmaker I don't know about?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

criscodisco posted:

Is that supposed to be a cordwainer or is there a different type of clothesmaker I don't know about?

A cobwainer actually specializes in making cobwebs. Not a super popular item, but occasionally people will order an entire bowl full of them for some unknown reason.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Archer delousing Woodhouse that one time was a funny one-off

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Carlosologist posted:

Archer delousing Woodhouse that one time was a funny one-off

Is that what he was doing? I thought he was just covering him with flour as some weird form of punishment.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Bel Panto: Part 2
A hostage negotiation is set up to try the pacify the unruly situation, but deliberations go awry when both Archer and Lana go missing.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Unrelated to tonight's ep, but I was watching 'Reignition Sequence' last night and Cheryl's imaginary cartoons of everyone are adorable.

Look how big Lana is! Look at Ray's little robot legs! Look at Krieger's eyeballs! :3:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Oh man I loved those cartoon. Thanks for bringing them back. Very Jay Ward.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Sooooo... You want me to answer that?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm so turned on I'm starting to get dehydrated.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Snagging the last slice of pepperoni-mushroom is always good news :haw:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Y-Hat posted:

I'm so turned on I'm starting to get dehydrated.

When this is over, remind me to kick your tits off.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

The slow reveal of the four string quartet still going at it was great.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Suck it Bechdel test!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

...shitter's clogged!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Tactical equivalent of a cat puking on your duvet cover

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
By the end of the episode they're all going to be clowns then the swat team busts in.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Was that a portmanteau of cat and tactical? I can get behind cat based plan rating systems.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
~Knockout gas!~

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Do we...do we have that technology?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Perfect German suplex by Pam!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I think like 30 heist movies ended like this

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Even the string quartet was clowns!

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Holy poo poo that slo mo facial animation

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Lawn dart rifle :stare:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I love that Archer still thinks Ray can just plug into anything technological and make it work somehow. Assuming that was a cyborg thing and not a 'Ray has technical skills' thing.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
So JK Simmons and Keegan-Michael Key are fake cops right?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

No.1 Special posted:

So JK Simmons and Keegan-Michael Key are fake cops right?

Definitely. Maybe it's connected with this whole Longwater thing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

smashpro1 posted:

Perfect German suplex by Pam!

Another great animation sequence.

Also Cheryl saying "Suck it, Bechdel test!" while giving herself a clown face.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Best joke of the night: Lana and Mallory wondering which clown is Archer, and one of them just happens to be slapping the poo poo out of Cyril.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This episode had some fantastic fight scenes, and the slow mo facial expressions were also pretty great. The animation has improved a LOT since season one, it's pretty impressive.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

By the end of the episode they're all going to be clowns then the swat team busts in.

Give this person all the cookies! And then toss 'em after catching a beanbag to the beanbag :barf:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the rabbit hole for this plot goes even deeper, what with Shapiro hiring Romper's gang

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

X_Toad posted:

smashpro1 posted:

Hire a clown, tinnitus people!

That one was hilarious on a rewatch.

Even better on a rewatch after seeing part 2.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
I loved the interactions between the two "negotiators" who show up to relieve the guy who gave them all pizza.

How'd it go?

(through a bullhorn aimed right at this partner's face) NOT WELL.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Fun episode. Has Keegan-Michael Key played that FBI agent role before? I feel like I've seen him at least once on Archer.

M_Gargantua posted:

Suck it Bechdel test!

One of my least favorite things about this show is the somewhat common use of, for lack of a better term, higher-brow humor to make a joke. I had to Google Bechdel Test to get what the hell they were talking about.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 6, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Fun episode. Has Keegan-Michael Key played that FBI agent role before? I feel like I've seen him at least once on Archer.

One of my least favorite things about this show is the somewhat common use of, for lack of a better term, higher-brow humor to make a joke. I had to Google Bechdel Test to get what the hell they were talking about.

He was a bumbling FBI agent on season 1 of Fargo.

Also the Bechdel Test isn't even remotely obscure by this show's standards.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Archer's fear is that cyborgs like Ray will be more machine than man and be able to pass the Bechdel test.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Are they going to be cyborg script writers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

The Bechdel line probably got the biggest surprise laugh out of me.

• Locked thread