Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just realized if you cut off red rangers head he looks like Lord Zedd. ESPECIALLY the legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
If they somehow make a sequel I'll bet Zedd is a Fallen Red Ranger

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It looks like concept art, but then there's the platforms for the photography that everyone is standing on.

It's also so easy to tell that the suits look like Iron Man's suit, but then again all of the Super Sentai suits are lifted from American superhero costumes. My only complaint is that the girls have heels in their boots and the boob armor is loving stupid.

I also saw this on No Pink Spandex's Facebook. makes u think

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Guyver or Shin if we're going by dubious source material - spandex may look silly but it's part of the charm already when it comes to sentai :shrug:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Honestly, if they made Rita the green ranger at the end instead, I wouldn't mind

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

GuyUpNorth posted:

spandex may look silly but it's part of the charm already when it comes to sentai :shrug:

Part of the appeal of making this movie, I imagine, is to sweet under the rug the 'charm' stuff and make a visually interesting movie. I mean, sure, that bootleg Power/Rangers short was over the top, it actually had giant robots looking like giant robots beating the poo poo out of each other in the background.

Kinda like how pretty much any reason to see an old Godzilla film was wiped away by PacRim and Godzilla '14.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MisterBibs posted:

Kinda like how pretty much any reason to see an old Godzilla film was wiped away by PacRim and Godzilla '14.

Oh wow

I've never seen some one say something that stupid and I regularly talk at length about the history and meaning of children shows that started in 1966.

Gold star, a plus.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

:perfect:

A lost art.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Perfect.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Beautiful

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vVVo1tQOz8

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

MisterBibs posted:

What the gently caress.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Power rangers sorter asks the hard questions.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Erin Cahill is very cute, and Jen was a fun character, but I don't remember her asking why her Zord has googily eyes, or why there are color-coded explosions behind her when she morphs sometimes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I wound up giving them a tie. End result was about what I expected:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

mateo360 posted:

So something is going down on Facebook with a bunch of the Veteran actors. They have been changing their fan page profile pictures to this:

Current list of Rangers with this symbol:
Austin St. John
David Fielding
David Yost
Walter Jones
Alyson Kiperman-Sullivan
Deborah Philips
Steve Cardenas
Catherine Sutherland
Jason Faunt
Daniel Southworth
Karan Ashley
Nakia Burrise

This is just who I have found/follow.

It's an indiegogo movie about a paramilitary group of vigilantes doing something i guess :sigh:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-order--2#/

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I was excited until I saw it was crowd funded. I don't want to get my hopes up...

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's an indiegogo movie about a paramilitary group of vigilantes doing something i guess :sigh:

Is this what a midlife crisis looks like for kids action show actors? :ohdear:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I liked Johnny Yong Bosch in Devon's Ghost and that one where he plays a ninja who likes pancakes so yeah sure I'd probably watch this too.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm probably gonna watch this. I enjoyed the expendables so I'll enjoy this spinoff: the expendables: may the power protect you.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Is this what a midlife crisis looks like for kids action show actors? :ohdear:

But enough about My Morphing Life.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

:aaaaa: ...is the reaction i'm seeing to these, like on tumblr a bunch of reblogs have tags that boil down to hype and that this is "the thing"

....any context for someone who hasn't actually seen kyoryuger?...

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

It's just Daigo and Utsusemimaru's jackets. Beyond that, I have no clue.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ahh, okay then. Welp, at least they look cool on 'em.

I wonder when Nick will start airing episodes again... I hope we get some before the next cast announcement in three months.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Ahh, okay then. Welp, at least they look cool on 'em.

I wonder when Nick will start airing episodes again... I hope we get some before the next cast announcement in three months.

I pretty sure the Super hiatus' both ended after Power Morphicon.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Looks pretty good if you liked Expendables, I threw a little cash at it. Thanks for the link.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

This looks so much better than that preview image.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

jivjov posted:

It still mostly looks like a slightly more expensive Kamen Rider suit, but you can see what they're going for. I'm guessing the triangle patterns are actually place-markers for some CGI stuff they'll add in post, because there's not really any rhyme or reason to them.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

jivjov posted:

Agreed. Looks like it'll look way better in motion.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Doggles posted:

Agreed. Looks like it'll look way better in motion.

I could do without Obviously CGI Mooks though

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

How else will they explode when Jason punches them in the Z?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Suit still doesn't look good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

mikeycp posted:

Suit still doesn't look good.

Agreed.

Apparently this is the logo for Ninja Steel

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Agreed.

Apparently this is the logo for Ninja Steel

Is this one Netflix exclusive, or is the Nick contract still a thing?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Gaz-L posted:

The Netflix exclusive thing was just a rumor.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

The Netflix rumor was fake, Ninja Steel will air on Nickelodeon as normal.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gaz-L posted:

Unfortunately Saban is sticking with Nickelodeon despite that channel causing nothing but problems for Saban by limiting them to 20 episodes a year, really hope by the end of Ninja Steel they decide to do the smart thing and jump ship to either another network or Netflix

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm remembering to get caught up on Dino Super Charge and I was surprised that Tyler's dad was the Aqua Ranger. I thought for sure they were going to make him the Silver Ranger. I guess maybe Keeper will end up as Silver after all? It'd be weird given all the wing/bird imagery though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm remembering to get caught up on Dino Super Charge and I was surprised that Tyler's dad was the Aqua Ranger. I thought for sure they were going to make him the Silver Ranger. I guess maybe Keeper will end up as Silver after all? It'd be weird given all the wing/bird imagery though.

Nope, it's already been confirmed that they're keeping the Torin suit for Silver. His name's Zenowing apparently.