Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm actually extremely disappointed he, and by extension Hazamada, are starting off short instead of shrinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It's kinda lame, but it's probably easier and cheaper for them to have one model for two characters than make two more that they only use for one episode.

Also the best minor character is Koichi's dog, Police.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Surprised Araki has never made a Danzig or lynyrd skynyrd related stand, unless one flew past me.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Since I can't post this in the anime thread: Thoth's prediction for Jotaro comes true in part 6, but Jotaro dying to BtD also happens in a similar way to the predicted one

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Poor Jotaro.

Some Pt 5 Updates went up today, FYI. More Ghiaccio goodness. :allears:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Also when Thoth shows Jotaro's head exploding open, a tiny lil Crescent moon man jumps out which is real funny to me

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

El Burbo posted:

I'm actually extremely disappointed he, and by extension Hazamada, are starting off short instead of shrinking.

Are they? That shot of him and Koichi sitting on the bench made him look a lot taller.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Two new chapters of White Album just went up today. This week, Giorno discovers that cars should not be driven into water.

Also, a little translation highlight. Mista has significantly less sass in the bad scans.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thinking about the joseph cheating convo from the other thread, it does seem strange that holly hadn't bothered to go visit her newly discovered brother who lives in the same country she does. that could have been a fun mini arc for part four.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

JOHN CENA posted:

thinking about the joseph cheating convo from the other thread, it does seem strange that holly hadn't bothered to go visit her newly discovered brother who lives in the same country she does. that could have been a fun mini arc for part four.

Part of why I'm a little sad about DiU being 3 cour is that it means we don't get an anime only Holly Meets Her New Brother! or Jolyne Goes To Morioh! episode

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You wouldn't get that regardless

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I will admit the one "flaw" with the jojo anime not having existed for a long time is we don't have like 300 episodes of lovely filler to draw random trivia from.

remember that time bulma made a translator for the ginyu frog

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
non-fighting filler was the best thing about dbz actually

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
goku getting a license was the best episode of anime to ever grace this earth, and will only be knocked from its throne by italian food

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
In a brighter timeline, we could have seen Jotaro's cigarette trick

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

just imagine like 5 episodes of Dio forcing Senator Phillips to drive through increasingly ludicrous locations

if those Joestars think that a mere petting zoo will stop I, DIO then they are sadly mistaken.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

mr. stefan posted:

Part of why I'm a little sad about DiU being 3 cour is that it means we don't get an anime only Holly Meets Her New Brother! or Jolyne Goes To Morioh! episode

instead we get dead man's questions and thus spoke rohan kishibe

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
From today's episode, next week's title is 間田敏和(サーフィス)

So just one episode for Surface.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They got through all of Echoes today and Surface is a 1'er too.

It was v good

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I just started watching Phantom Blood. I'm 4 episodes in and I have two primary feelings:

1) This has more plot in four episodes than most anime have in an entire season.
2) WTF

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

jon joe posted:

I just started watching Phantom Blood. I'm 4 episodes in and I have two primary feelings:

1) This has more plot in four episodes than most anime have in an entire season.
2) WTF

Probably best off sticking to the Anime thread here.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769790&pagenumber=88#lastpost

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

jon joe posted:

2) WTF

Phantom Blood is a pretty short series, it clocks out at 5 volumes or so. The first season of the anime covers both PB and the next part, so PB will move at a breakneck pace compared to most series.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

jon joe posted:

2) WTF

this is the mega spoilers thread, josuke's link is the thread for anime-only peeps

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Man they need to release the part 4 soundtrack soon, it owns so much.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Shukaro posted:

Man they need to release the part 4 soundtrack soon, it owns so much.

Koichi's theme is great.

"This one's from RIP Big Bro"

Wow really David Productions :laugh:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

neat

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

:allears: DAVID are just a bunch of angels.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Worth noting here that Araki has said that Jonathan was named for "Jonathan's Family Restaurant".

http://www.skylark.co.jp/jonathan/index.html

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Is it just me, or is the price a bit high for a burger?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Beef is generally a lot more expensive in countries outside of North America.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
He also bought a combo iirc

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pomp posted:

non-fighting filler was the best thing about dbz actually

says the guy who posts exclusively in battle-shonen threads.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Moltrey posted:

He also bought a combo iirc

the onion gratin soup is what gets ya

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

yeah but

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

That gives him authority if anything.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Burgers are a valuable purchase.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I've done most Jojo and "look, I'mma make a snowboard out of grass to attack you" still managed to get a WHAT IN THE gently caress out of me.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Hi thread, I'm on the cusp of getting to part 6, but I've heard about how it ends and it's bumming me out and making me not want to read on. Is there anything in parts 7 or 8 that in retrospect make part 6's ending feel a bit better? Or do the Duwang Gang, old man Joseph, Turtle Polnareff, and my boy Tonio just get unceremoniously deleted?

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 10:42 on May 7, 2016

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

CuddlyZombie posted:

Hi thread, I'm on the cusp of getting to part 6, but I've heard about how it ends and it's bumming me out and making me not want to read on. Is there anything in parts 7 or 8 that in retrospect make part 6's ending feel a bit better? Or do the Duwang Gang, old man Joseph, Turtle Polnareff, and my boy Tonio just get unceremoniously deleted?

Part 7 and 8 are set in an entirely different continuity, similar characters and Stands crop up in recontextualised ways but they have no bearing on anything which happened in the original timeline. There's alot of good stuff in Part 6 though and even though it does erase everyone from existence it's definitely worth a read and the ending shows the cast are reincarnated in a new world without the legacy of DIO turning everything to poo poo so it's not too big a leap to assume everyone else is out there too but not stuck in turtles or with unkillable zombie dads or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

CuddlyZombie posted:

All those people are fine, it's just Part 6 characters and Jotaro who die and get replaced by soulless quantum duplicates.