Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo I remember one day. It's crazy to think some of this old poo poo is still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the entire Gaku Gaku library was backed up by Beast's Lair actually

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What about the Ronpaia stuff which was the Ayako Mitsuzuri appreciation stuff?

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Takoluka posted:

I actually really liked Canaan, from what I remember of it. You basically gave Arceuid Mystic Eyes and a gun. Did she have a gun? I don't remember.

She had a lovely gun, and so did her nemesis. It was almost a proto black lagoon or jormungand, just really unpolished. I liked it a lot.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

What about the Ronpaia stuff which was the Ayako Mitsuzuri appreciation stuff?

Probably, Gaku Gaku Animal Land was the group responsible for translating most of the big TM comedy doujins you're probably familiar with

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I figured it was them

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

motoh posted:

She had a lovely gun, and so did her nemesis. It was almost a proto black lagoon or jormungand, just really unpolished. I liked it a lot.

Yeah, that's right. I remember now. And yeah, I agree. A little more polish, and it would've been quite memorable.

Sadly, we'll never see it again.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Hrm, looks like you gotta 100% if you want to max out Iri's NP. Good thing we have until the 18th (17th) to do this.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The Taiga Dojo dynamic between Taiga and Illya works so well and is so plausible.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Make a Taiga Dojo anime.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Animate all the UBW bad ends

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I want Ryogi Shiki to take my life.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

:toot: I just got Iskander on the daily ticket. Wasn't expecting it until I saw the glowing orbs go rainbow when they started spinning.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are the rainbow orbs the only indicator you've gotten a five-star or does that malfunction still happen that turns three-stars into gold cards.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I far as I know the malfunction can happen but that was a couple months ago. So it's very rare.

The gold orbs and the rainbow spin are the only indicators I saw that guarantee you a four/five star servant or craft essence. Actually don't know if this is consistent or not.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got the rainbow orbs back when I got Okita, gold orbs for when I got a 4-Star.

laith_rem
May 9, 2015
Gold orbs and Rainbow Orbs indicate that you got a 4 star or a 5 star but you can get gold for a 5* and rainbow for a 4*

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

InfinityComplex posted:

:toot: I just got Iskander on the daily ticket. Wasn't expecting it until I saw the glowing orbs go rainbow when they started spinning.

This just happened to me. If only I'd had that luck rolling for Jeanne Alter :negative:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

Make a Taiga Dojo anime.

Didn't they already do something similar with the Einzbern Consultation Room DVD extras in Zero? I liked the idea that Taiga inherited the Dojo from Ilya's mother.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
If you get a gold the game will roll to see if you get a fancy effect. 5*s are more likely to get'em. I think it was 30% and 60%.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
So I guess this is the next big Berserker??? Ibaraki Douji.

https://twitter.com/graodakanri/status/728701495344959488

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh good, I can start building a team of Touhou servants.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Well that's one I'm definitely ignoring.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

Schubalts posted:

So I guess this is the next big Berserker??? Ibaraki Douji.

https://twitter.com/graodakanri/status/728701495344959488

So I guess it's time to invest in Japan based servants then.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is it me or does Kirisassin have the highest stargen of any assassin atm?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm p sure Jack generates more

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Def highest of 4*s tho.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
By the way, i just realized. Is it just me, or didn't Kotomine show up in the event at all, outside of the CE?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Freak Futanari posted:

By the way, i just realized. Is it just me, or didn't Kotomine show up in the event at all, outside of the CE?

True. Neither has Sola-Ui though, but at least they explained that one away by Waver suggesting to Kayneth to fly her out.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

They're on a budget of like three cents and a shoestring, can't expect them to actually draw everyone.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

BlitzBlast posted:

They're on a budget of like three cents and a shoestring, can't expect them to actually draw everyone.
Wait are they actually on a budget? I thought this was making bank because all you motherfuckers need your waifus and Emiyas and Shikis and stuff.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You seem to think the profits are in any way going into making the game better.

That's adorable.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lmao if you think Aniplex is letting more than the bare minimum go into this game assets wise

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

BlitzBlast posted:

You seem to think the profits are in any way going into making the game better.

That's adorable.
I thought at some point they would go back to the development of the game but you're right, why bother when you can just keep the profits.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Noted features of the American wildlife: pirate zombies.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
dragons with saber ahoges

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Twiddy posted:

I thought at some point they would go back to the development of the game but you're right, why bother when you can just keep the profits.
People who have to be paid from the gacha money: A zillion guest artists, a shitton of voice actors, Type-Moon's cut, Aniplex's cut, DW.
But really though it's probably just Aniplex sucking all the extra up. We know from Sony's shareholder meeting report thingy that the former made loadsa cash off FGO.

I am 100% convinced the gacha rates and pricing structure in general are Aniplex's fault. Everybody else (VAs, artists, TM, DW) have already admitted to playing and paying the gacha, there's no drat way the rates would be as they are if it were up to them.

-

But in this particular case I figure it was just Urobuchi deciding Tokiomi and by extension Kirei weren't really relevant. I mean, he did write Waver having everybody gang up on Gil as Priority #2 after offing Gilles. With Gil gone there's basically nothing left for them to do, narratively. This was the Waver and Kerry Super Show.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I think Waver killed Gil before Kotomate turned full villain by Gil.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Gil was killed before he could do any real damage and the war just basically snowballs down from there since the most threatening servant just got dealt with in no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Happy Mother's Day!