Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
So I'm like 20 pages behind in this thread, but is the general consensus that the end of the last episode was Barry getting pushed into the speed force and Wally and Jesse probably gaining speed powers from the blast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

WarLocke posted:

So I'm like 20 pages behind in this thread, but is the general consensus that the end of the last episode was Barry getting pushed into the speed force and Wally and Jesse probably gaining speed powers from the blast?

I'm taking it that yeah Barry's now 'in' the speed force and will become one with it or embrace it in some way that just makes him naturally so much faster than Zoom or anyone else who's just tapping into it like he used to. This will include Wally, etc.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

jump cut to wally and Jesse dying of extreme hypertachycardia

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

No Butt Stuff posted:

Why not just cross over with a cartoon while they're at it?

This would be cool but probably hard on their budget.

roffels posted:

Wasn't that the Trickster episode?

I mean have Barry from that show somehow end up on this show's Earth for an episode. Shouldn't be too hard since they have the actor.

WarLocke posted:

I'd be really shocked if they don't have them after that. Will they call Wally Kid Flash or just have two Flashes?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

JohnnyCanuck posted:

EDIT: how are they going to open next week's episode???'

"My name is Barry Allen, and I was the fastest man alive..."

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

No Butt Stuff posted:

Why not just cross over with a cartoon while they're at it?

So like... Vixen?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Krad posted:

So like... Vixen?

How about like Farscape's Revenging Angel episode?

"Ha guys! Earth 4 is the Acme Universe! "

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Spacebump posted:

Will they call Wally Kid Flash or just have two Flashes?

"You'll never believe it! The Flash saved me!"

"The Flash is back?"

"No, the other Flash...the...you know, the black one."

"Zoom?"

"No, the *black* one."

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Kin posted:

I'm taking it that yeah Barry's now 'in' the speed force and will become one with it or embrace it in some way that just makes him naturally so much faster than Zoom or anyone else who's just tapping into it like he used to. This will include Wally, etc.

So what you're saying is Wally will have some natural athleti...speedforce affinity.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Xealot posted:

"The Flash is back?"

"Zoom?"

"No, the *naturally athletic* one."

Fixed that for you

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Xealot posted:

"The Flash is back?"

"Zoom?"

"No, the *black* one."

I can imagine this getting lost in translation and ending up with Zoom becoming a hero in the eyes of the public, and he just ends up rolling along with it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Krad posted:

So like... Vixen?

Think more like "Who Framed Roger Rabbit."

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Think more like "Who Framed Roger Rabbit."

To be fair the effects for Vixen's powers looked cartoony as gently caress (i.e. pretty bad),

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Obviously they can't name Wally kid flash since he isn't a kid, so I would think he'll be impulse.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

greatn posted:

Obviously they can't name Wally kid flash since he isn't a kid, so I would think he'll be impulse.

cue Bart Allen fanboy rage

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

greatn posted:

Didn't the crowd chant Kid Flash after one of his drag races?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Didn't the crowd chant Kid Flash after one of his drag races?

His nickname for the drag races was Taillights actually.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Don't worry, they'll spend half an episode on his history of exposing himself to an all-girls middle school to explain the name.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
May be obvious but I'm fully expecting the Wally /Jessie reveal to be saved for Season 3 with maybe a little lightning spark stinger in the season 2 finale.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GLOSS posted:

Welp Barry's dead good night everyone!
I don't expect it to happen, but it would be really cool if they actually ran with this, just made Wally and Jesse the new Flashes of their respective Earths until about half way through next season when Cisco suddenly realises that Barry's still out there and they have to rescue him.

enraged_camel posted:

They have dropped huge hints about both of them at this point. Heck, Joe flat out said something like "i know you want to do something that satisfies your need for speed and also help people, but..." and it was kind of an :rolleyes: moment because it was so hamfisted.

Also, the episode was annoying in the sense that it was yet another powerless-Barry episode. The projection thing was clever but watching Barry anguish over yet another big decision was just frustrating.
I was actually waiting all episode for someone to say "Wait, if you know the formula to give someone speed powers, why does it have to be Barry?" I bet Wally would have volunteered. Or Henry. Or Wells could have done it after Barry decided it was too dangerous, just go "Look, I know what I'm doing and it's perfectly safe. If you won't do it, I will."

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Coming next week - this, but with Crisco instead of the Martian:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53OyPYa7SEI&t=150s

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Xealot posted:

"The Flash is back?"

"Zoom?"

"No, the *black* one."

People getting really uncomfortable, and not being willing to say anything past "No, the OTHER one..."

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Cisco will probably come up with at least whatever either Wally or Jessie end up calling themselves, probably Wally though. Gotta keep that running joke going after all. (No pun intended.)

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Detective West: "But there was toilet paper in the stall when I started pooping? Why would you do that?"

Zoom: "To give you hope detective!" *crazy eyes*

*flashback of blue lightning running through the stalls and removing the toilet paper*

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
God drat I love these stupid things

http://imgur.com/a/4thKT

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well knowing how well they write the other black youth in the CWverse we can pretty much assume that Wally's hero name will have "boy" in it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Still waiting for them to introduce the Black Racer, I actually thought this guy Reaper was him when he first came on screen.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Feenix posted:

In a cruel twist of irony, Zoom is the world's slowest pooper and constantly has to go.

he runs at the speed of light but poops at the speed of sound

lol fart joke

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Tiggum posted:

I was actually waiting all episode for someone to say "Wait, if you know the formula to give someone speed powers, why does it have to be Barry?" I bet Wally would have volunteered. Or Henry. Or Wells could have done it after Barry decided it was too dangerous, just go "Look, I know what I'm doing and it's perfectly safe. If you won't do it, I will."
I assumed it was because Barry spent the last year and a half learning how to go faster by people telling him to go faster, and they didn't have time to tell someone else how they need to go faster over the next 18 months to get back up to Zoom speed, even with the deus ex machina chest claw.

Alternatively, no one there knows how to sew to resize the suit.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Well knowing how well they write the other black youth in the CWverse we can pretty much assume that Wally's hero name will have "boy" in it.

Dammit I was just about to post this from further upthread! Kid Flash is too corny, Impulse is a different character and Inertia is a villain so that pretty much leaves... Flash Boy :dawkins101:

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

McSpanky posted:

Dammit I was just about to post this from further upthread! Kid Flash is too corny, Impulse is a different character and Inertia is a villain so that pretty much leaves... Flash Boy :dawkins101:

Flash Jr., also known as F III because he loses his speed if he says his own name.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Tiggum posted:

They've established over and over that the particle reactor accident gave people powers somewhat related to their life history and their personality so basically nobody in Central City but Barry thought about going fast :shrug: .... UNTIL NOW

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

McSpanky posted:

Johnny and Jessie Quick, prompting a lot of uncomfortable "are you two... I mean, he's the adopted one, right?" type questions.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Jessie Quick and Wally Whiz.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

OB_Juan posted:

So, It's Always Sunny, but with all the fun villains? Cool. Can we have S1 Vertigo back, too then?

Season 1, Episode 1: "The Gang Solves the Time Travel Crisis."

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

We don't need more speedsters. If they act anything like Barry time itself will unravel because they just do whatever the gently caress they want with time travel.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They could always be creative and change up their power sets so instead of super speed, they have other speed force connected powers like the kids Wally had in the comics. Highly unlikely since it requires a bit of creativity, but it'd be interesting

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

cue Bart Allen fanboy rage

What, both of them?

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Flesh Forge posted:

They've established over and over that the particle reactor accident gave people powers somewhat related to their life history and their personality so basically nobody in Central City but Barry thought about going fast :shrug: .... UNTIL NOW

No, they get powers related to what's happening at the exact moment the dark matter wave hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Dresh posted:

Flash Jr., also known as F III because he loses his speed if he says his own name.

They will call him Kid Flash and say something ridiculous like he's a huge Kid Cudi fan

• Locked thread