Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
are the libs still ahead of UKIP in the Mayoral election? That would also be a good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Khan winning is bad for Corbyn

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

Tesseraction posted:

The Tories have also gone from +10 to +5

I'd love for them to also go into negatives after Cameron declared that Labour's losing 23 shows the party as 'out of touch.'

BBC has them on -7 now.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Labour's ticked up slightly to -24

if the tories lose a councillor in each of the remaining councils and don't gain any, they'll lose more than labour

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Khan did spend his entire campaign bashing Corbyn

Venmoch
Jan 7, 2007

Either you pay me or I flay you alive... With my mind!
OK, whoever is running the HIGNFY Twitter feed is doing a loving amazing job!
https://twitter.com/haveigotnews/status/728567572174639104

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OvineYeast posted:

BBC has them on -7 now.

Graun has them up 6 and down a council (unfortunately balanced out by gaining a council from NOC). Wonder why the discrepency

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

My officemate informs me that she didn't vote for Sadiq Khan because a building company sent someone round to retile her bathroom who subsequently died mid-job, leaving a corpse in the bathtub.

She called Khan's office for assistance, but they said they couldn't do anything. She hasn't trusted him since.

Solid reason imo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

I like how they've made Khan look stoned and put UKIP and the Lib Dems on Ghoulsmith's side. The latter is because he's the second-placer but the accidental implication makes me chuckle.

Zac looks like he's been slapped.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

My officemate informs me that she didn't vote for Sadiq Khan because a building company sent someone round to retile her bathroom who subsequently died mid-job, leaving a corpse in the bathtub.

She called Khan's office for assistance, but they said they couldn't do anything. She hasn't trusted him since.

Solid reason imo
Or to say it like a tabloid would, Khan Left Body In My Bathtub

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Venmoch posted:

OK, whoever is running the HIGNFY Twitter feed is doing a loving amazing job!
https://twitter.com/haveigotnews/status/728567572174639104
Decent picture but needs more swastikas. Labour are Nazi muslim terrorists after all.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

why would you call your MP for body in the bathtub, surely an undertaker or maybe an ambulance if you aren't entirely sure would make more sense

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Graun also seem to have noticed my chuckle about UKIP and the Lib Dems being on Ghoulie's side - the live blog ticker has Greens and Lib Dems on Khan's side and UKIP with the fucker.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Zac looks like he's been slapped.

He know when he's been tangoed!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tesseraction posted:

He know when he's been tangoed!

Gil Scott Heron did the voice of 'you know when you've been tangoed'

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Solid reason imo

An inspiring thought process. It would never have occurred to me to ring a constituent MP. She must have had to take the time to look up the number, unless this happens often and she has them on speed dial.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

JFairfax posted:

Gil Scott Heron did the voice of 'you know when you've been tangoed'

Huh, really?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/728574745642467328

Seems the prediction is Labour got more of the national vote share? Yooge if true.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Asking Khan what to do about a corpse in the bathtub is a good and subtle way of checking his skill at crisis management. In her eyes, I believe he failed the test.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Local vote shares are always a big dodgy; but that's a big Lib Dem improvement if true

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fewer people die in hospital at weekends, study finds

Weekend death rate problem, used by Jeremy Hunt to justify imposing new doctors’ contract, ‘does not exist’

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/may/06/fewer-die-in-hospital-weekends-study-jeremy-hunt-doctors-contract

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
It looks like Corbyn is going to have a result on par with Ed in 2012, which was the peak of his popularity. Obviously this is bad for Corbyn and yet, also pretty good?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Analysis in the Graun seems to suggest that where Corbyn did lose support was in places where he can afford to lose it, but where he gained it was where he rather needed it.

This is bad for Crobyn.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Solid reason imo

:captainpop:

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

Tesseraction posted:

Seems the prediction is Labour got more of the national vote share? Yooge if true.

Welp, looks like Dave got beaten by a terrorist-supporting, anti-semitic, swivel-eyed, out-of-touch shambles of a loony-left pinko with no qualifications or previous frontbench experience. Must be embarrassing.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Tesseraction posted:

Analysis in the Graun seems to suggest that where Corbyn did lose support was in places where he can afford to lose it, but where he gained it was where he rather needed it.

This is bad for Crobyn.

linky link?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Tesseraction posted:

No it's not. 1% is not huge. It's bad.

Fans posted:

It looks like Corbyn is going to have a result on par with Ed in 2012, which was the peak of his popularity. Obviously this is bad for Corbyn and yet, also pretty good?

Milliband got 7% more than the Tories.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 6, 2016

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

The BBC council results now show that Labour have lost 24, and that the Tories have lost 15 with a lot more Tory rural councils out than Labour urban ones. There's an outside shot at the Tories losing more than Labour which would be a little embarrassing

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tesseraction posted:

Huh, really?

yup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Man_(advertisement)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kji8qIo8h4I

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Pissflaps posted:

Can't agree this is bad for Labour in the current climate, tough to hold ground after a good locals performance. Hardly stunning but it's at least a par.

If they take London they have had a good night - south of Hadrian's wall at least.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Zalakwe posted:

Can't agree this is bad for Labour in the current climate,

What climate is this?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Making ground in Southern England is both a bit surprising and good news, everyone was saying Corbyn would just strengthen the Heartlands and lose the Southern English votes he actually needs to win a GE but that's not what happened at all.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Pissflaps posted:

I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea to edit my post to be factually incorrect, then put my own accurate content back in its place once they realised their error, but I hardly think that it is 'arguing in good faith' or a good use of their post edit button.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Pissflaps posted:

I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea to edit my post to be factually incorrect, then put my own accurate content back in its place once they realised their error, but I hardly think that it is 'arguing in good faith' or a good use of their post edit button.

I put it back, was just a mistaken button press.

haakman
May 5, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Came here to post this.

TIBFJC.

*edit* Oh, 'flaps is already saying this is bad.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pissflaps posted:

What climate is this?
Moderate - Marine West Coast, verging on Humid Continental in the Scottish Highlands.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Fans posted:

I put it back, was just a mistaken button press.

You mistakenly pressed 'edit post' then deleted most of the post then changed a 7 to a 4 then saved your edit?

Sounds plausible.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

The Lib Dem vote increasing is good for Labour, if only because most of that will be in rural Tory seats which Labour will never win

Lets hope that they've learned from last time!!

e: quote is next to edit, surprisingly easy to do

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Pissflaps posted:

You mistakenly pressed 'edit post' then deleted most of the post then changed a 7 to a 4 then saved your edit?

Sounds plausible.

I'm glad the explanation satisfies even you.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

how could anyone actually justify voting lib dem

i genuinely can’t figure out the thought process there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Pissflaps posted:

What climate is this?

It isn't Milliband, and it isn't as bad as I thought. Labour isn't toxic, which is a thing.

• Locked thread