Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

foot posted:

It managed to sneak in 15 years ago when it was still halfway decent. Been coasting on name for the last 10.

I'll have you know a cold Shiner Ruby Redbird on a hot summer day is about as close as you can come to a perfect beer.

But yea, in most other cases they've been outclassed by Austin Beerworks and Real Ale Brewing Co.

EDIT:

computer parts posted:

State beverage is Shiner and/or Dr Pepper.

Obviously it's Dr Pepper, because even the teetotaling Baptists can enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
gently caress the Mormons, tho.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Number Ten Cocks posted:

gently caress the Mormons, tho.

Agreed, they need to stop sending their crazy polygamy sects over here.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

e_angst posted:

and Real Ale Brewing Co.

ugh like half of what they make is great A++++++++ WOULD BUY AGAIN and the rest is loving garbage

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Blood and Honey dominance

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Agreed, they need to stop sending their crazy polygamy sects over here.

If you're ever driving past that one huge white temple they built, you should swing by and take a look. It's surreal to see that bleached brick rising out of the West Texas nuthin'.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh my god
https://twitter.com/statesman/status/727577901093236738

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Related, in NY Uber Alles will let you heil a ride.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2016/05/02/technology/02reuters-new-york-uber.html?smid=tw-share

quote:

Uber drivers in New York state have formed an association to strengthen their hand in dealing with the ride-sharing service, labor leaders said on Sunday, days after the company agreed to a $100 million settlement with drivers in two other states.

More than 1,000 Uber drivers signed membership cards with the association, known as the Amalgamated Local of Livery Employees in Solidarity, or Alles, the association said in a statement.

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

For shame, I liked his character on True Detective.

In other news, an armed society is a polite society

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

karlor posted:

For shame, I liked his character on True Detective.

In other news, an armed society is a polite society

Only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a *SLAP* OH poo poo FU---

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/brandigrissom/status/727925376471572481

Well that's good news, -ish.

Also: lol

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/727895401261502464

If the unthinkable happens, Trump is going to have a lot of grudges against Texas politicians who enthusiastically backed Cruz to prosecute.

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 4, 2016

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Is this an implication that someone wants to nominate Cruz to be a Supreme Court justice?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's the implication, yeah.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I have my doubts even a supermajority republican senate would confirm Cruz at this point.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Did they ask him if he'd run if Cruz was the prime minister of France? How about if he was the latest Teletubbie?

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

ReidRansom posted:

I have my doubts even a supermajority republican senate would confirm Cruz at this point.

Wouldn't matter. The Republicans despise him too. The quote from Lindsey Graham was ""If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you".

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

Why? An evangelical ultraconservative SCOTUS judge is their wet dream.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

enraged_camel posted:

Why? An evangelical ultraconservative SCOTUS judge is their wet dream.

But it's Ted Cruz...

If he was murdered in the SCOTUS chambers it'd be the only time the party lines would break and no one would be convicted.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

MariusLecter posted:

But it's Ted Cruz...

If he was murdered in the SCOTUS chambers it'd be the only time the party lines would break and no one would be convicted.

Actually, getting Ted Cruz on the Supreme Court might unite the Republicans, because then they wouldn't have to work with him in the senate anymore...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/bwear/status/728272111760859137

Guess it's not going very well for Ridesharing Works.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Can someone explain to me what Leffingwell's problem is? It seems like everyone at the City hated him but I wasn't paying enough attention to know why.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?
Oh hey, discovered this thread as I sort through the literal dozen glossy mailers that Ridesharing PAC has sent to me since I last got my mail. Immediate instinct is to vote No.

Assuming I'm closer to a UKMT commie than a fart-huffing lolbertarian, is this the correct course of action c/d

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mitsuo posted:

Oh hey, discovered this thread as I sort through the literal dozen glossy mailers that Ridesharing PAC has sent to me since I last got my mail. Immediate instinct is to vote No.

Assuming I'm closer to a UKMT commie than a fart-huffing lolbertarian, is this the correct course of action c/d

Yeah.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/bwear/status/728272111760859137

Guess it's not going very well for Ridesharing Works.

I just got a mailer citing and quoting a UT student government resolution as a reason to vote for prop 1.

It's like they have gone so far in buying the election they've looped back around to losing.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Mitsuo posted:

gently caress. Uber.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don't even live in Austin anymore and I'm getting calls from Uber. My ... god. If I'm getting calls, it must be thermonuke-level annoying down there.

So gently caress them 2x.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Wikkheiser posted:

I don't even live in Austin anymore and I'm getting calls from Uber. My ... god. If I'm getting calls, it must be thermonuke-level annoying down there.

So gently caress them 2x.

You can tell them to remove you from their list, that's what I did and they stopped calling.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I live in Houston and just woke up to a robodial from Uber asking me to tell my friends in Austin to tote vote for Uber.

I hope Travis Kalanick does something stupid enough to send him to jail. I don't think I've ever wanted someone to be as utterly destroyed as I want him to be.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

The worst is the drivers who support prop 1 vociferously who maybe don't realize they're being exploited by a billion dollar company.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

The worst is the drivers who support prop 1 vociferously who maybe don't realize they're being exploited by a billion dollar company.

Turns out propaganda can work.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

"I love the fact that I can work whenever I want, however much I want. I'm my own boss!" -uber driver who can't hold a regular job for more than a week, probably for the stated reason

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Or maybe they really don't want a background check.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Today's the day to tell them to go gently caress themselves. Anyone got a vote prediction?

NO 55-45

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Aliquid posted:

Today's the day to tell them to go gently caress themselves. Anyone got a vote prediction?

NO 55-45

I'm a bit worried. I think No will carry the day, but I've seen a lot of people on Facebook either saying they were voting Yes, or they were going to avoid voting "because both sides have been so terrible" :sigh:

That said, the Yes people seem to be more worried than the No people. (Then again, that makes me worried that more Yes people will show up to vote because of that worry.)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I still think Austin's core vote of NIMBY limousine liberals will carry the day for us.

also holy gently caress lol

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/uber-says-it-will-pull-out-of-austin-monday-if-pro/nrJf8/

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Aliquid posted:

I still think Austin's core vote of NIMBY limousine liberals will carry the day for us.

It's weird to be on the same side as that group for a change. But I guess this is like one of those GI Joe cartoons where Joe and Cobra combine forces to fight against the neighborhood drug dealer who is hurting the kids.

Also, the Austin Chronicle's cover this week is generating some negative attention...

https://twitter.com/mrmichael310/status/728984050128424960

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

e_angst posted:

It's weird to be on the same side as that group for a change. But I guess this is like one of those GI Joe cartoons where Joe and Cobra combine forces to fight against the neighborhood drug dealer who is hurting the kids.

Also, the Austin Chronicle's cover this week is generating some negative attention...

I'm mostly concerned why the people of color don't have their own food.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

lmao holy poo poo. The Austin Chronicle people are so clueless sometimes.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

MariusLecter posted:

I'm mostly concerned why the people of color don't have their own food.

Yea, that's what's irking people about the cover. Like, best-case scenario, it's the family of someone who owns one of the recommended restaurants and absolutely no one had a thought in their head as they staged the photo. Worst case, they are trying to go for some kind of "message" and being complete idiots about it (because the cover restaurant review issue is where we can finally solve racism, of course).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

e_angst posted:

It's like they were trying to be diverse and hosed up it badly by not giving the black people any food wtf lmao Chronicle

Well not as bad as D Magazine that one time:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 7, 2016