Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

rio posted:

I'm ashamed to say that I have the same computer case as you. What is the flashlight for?

it was a poorly lit basement so i needed a flashlight sometimes just to see where the ports were on the back of the computer and such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Did 14 inch dick or what every his name was stick with keeping his hovel clean of a million cigarette butts and beer bottles?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

two forty posted:

I will clean my room if Win98 and associates mess up theirs.

:pray: come on mods lets make this happen!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Queen Gnome posted:

I used to be a claw machine addict...I don't have a photo of how bad it got, but this is about half. I periodically donated when I ran out of space.

My current hovel only has one stuffed animal. It's boring.

Leopalace :ohdear:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You could pretty much tracking the aging of the median forums goon by these threads.

I've read the forums off and on since the early 2000s under different names and I can tell you the goon-rooms were way grungier then. In this thread these are rooms for horrible nerds who've gotten a little older and now have a little bit of money.

Yes I'm one of them.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

The_Franz posted:

This is still the all-time saddest goon hovel:

Actually, it doesn't even qualify as a hovel since it's just a hole in the ground under a house with a tarp over the dirt.

Pics of his computer setup:

No, this computer is not on a space shuttle being used by NASA, why do you ask?

According to the note left on the desk in the last pic, he babysits, too!

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I know the silver thing in the last pic is probably a water heater, but I wish it were part of the computer setup

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
What's with the cardboard boxes? Does everyone collect swords?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Melmac posted:

"Mr. Aronofsky, we want you to redo Pi as a big budget feature film, but this time gotta make it grittier!"

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

simosimo posted:

Wide hovel! Like my butt!

one monitor

hahaha h ha haha

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
man i was really gun trash my room though like i was probably going to have to move out

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Used stuff and misc poo poo adds up so fast when you're normal, I can't imagine when you're an anime obsessed unemployed slob.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Melmac posted:

The loving toaster oven

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he was still living there as of last year according to a thread I saw recently. how do you make your parents hate you so much they put you in the waterlogged basement

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It's a thing of beauty is what it is, especially the hanging hard drives ready to be picked like ripe fruit

Spooooon!!!
Apr 4, 2013

You can't see it, but there is a 3D puzzle pteranodon hanging from the ceiling.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spooooon!!! posted:

Sweet hat-rack

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I'm the chains hanging from the ceiling like its a loving dungeon.

I can't say that his computer setup isn't impressive. It looks like some 90's cyberpunk poo poo, except way filthier. How are goons able to live in total filth so easily?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Spooooon!!! posted:

Best dog.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Spooooon!!! posted:

Always love to see a goon with what seems to be ammunition immediately available for burglars. That keyboard sucks though, I had it for a while and I think you should shoot it

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

ethanol posted:

Always love to see a goon with what seems to be ammunition immediately available for burglars. That keyboard sucks though, I had it for a while and I think you should shoot it

by "ammunition" you mean the corgi right?

Spooooon!!!
Apr 4, 2013

ethanol posted:

I would if I had a replacement, its like the worst of everything combined into a keyboard. Fingerprint magnet, none of the keys are standard keycaps... but the macro keys are nice I guess.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I'm the assault rifle not in a gun safe

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My previous place was a hovel and dirty but it along with everything I own except my cat and my truck was destroyed in a flood. My new place is SUPER nice and clean so I guess everything turned out OK :grin:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Captain Yossarian posted:

My previous place was a hovel and dirty but it along with everything I own except my cat and my truck was destroyed in a flood. My new place is SUPER nice and clean so I guess everything turned out OK :grin:

You live in your truck? :confused:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i'm shocked at the amount of people with wall-to-wall carpeting, as i've never lived in an apartment without hardwood floors

edit: or like, cheap lovely linoleum

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

YeahTubaMike posted:

i'm shocked at the amount of people with wall-to-wall carpeting, as i've never lived in an apartment without hardwood floors

edit: or like, cheap lovely linoleum

do you live in the south?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I was expecting more dirt floors

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Smash it Smash hit posted:

do you live in the south?

no, i live in new york city

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

YeahTubaMike posted:

no, i live in new york city

oh. yeah me too

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
cool :)

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Have gay sex with each other. film it and put it online as a joke

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Spooooon!!! posted:

i'm the $1000> rifle in plain sight which will be burgled immediately when you get broken into while away at work

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It's a goon hovel, what makes you think there are windows?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
small room goons, where ya at? to the right of the TV stand is a corner desk where my PC at and right next to that is an exterior door so there's obviously nothing in front of it

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Turdsdown Tom posted:

small room goons, where ya at? to the right of the TV stand is a corner desk where my PC at and right next to that is an exterior door so there's obviously nothing in front of it

This is a pretty cool room honestly except for the loving Bruins logo

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Kitsunegari posted:

gently caress you Boston sports rule

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Kitsunegari posted:

check the fuckin pillow covered with pats logos :smug: you could say i sleep in excellence

honestly my only thing about this room is i'm a little paranoid that a sunroom bedroom means people are gonna come up on my deck at night to stare at my electronics. the good news is i will be immediately alerted to any crime men

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Windows 98 posted:

gently caress you Boston sports rule

Turdsdown Tom posted:

check the fuckin pillow covered with pats logos :smug: you could say i sleep in excellence

honestly my only thing about this room is i'm a little paranoid that a sunroom bedroom means people are gonna come up on my deck at night to stare at my electronics. the good news is i will be immediately alerted to any crime men

currently experiencing large amounts of impotent Philly sports fan rage

e: I hope you have blinds to close when you sleep otherwise my compliment is redacted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Kitsunegari posted:

e: I hope you have blinds to close when you sleep otherwise my compliment is redacted

haha yup this originally was just an empty sunroom with no blinds or even proper paneling so i made it nicer, bought some of those pull down shades from home depot and made it happen. the next step is running cable (coax/ethernet) because i'd like to be able to watch aforementioned sports out here and on the deck in the summer.

• Locked thread