Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Mike the TV posted:

To the people worried that this was a pew-pew update, there are at least two engineers that give upgrades to your FSD and drives.

Best FSD modification possible:

The 50 LY exploriconda is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Mike the TV posted:

And what if you inject it full of FSD Juice?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Also security Vipers will finish off the ship that is fleeing from you and you get no bounty credit! :woop:

Seriously this beta patch killed bounty hunting in RES's; if that is something you enjoy be concerned.

They're going to have to address that, won't they? Otherwise, what's even the point of having the RESes (and especially HazRESes) to begin with, when you can get the resources pretty much everywhere with less bother?

Sostratos
Jun 28, 2004

Tippis posted:

They're going to have to address that, won't they? Otherwise, what's even the point of having the RESes (and especially HazRESes) to begin with, when you can get the resources pretty much everywhere with less bother?

If you go by reading the forums, this is the best thing that ever happened and it was SO ANNOYING that anyone ever killed a pirate near an asteroid because it's just not realistic.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Well Brown Sea Wisdom is:

1.) outfit a ship specifically for RES hunting :downs:
2.) git gud (no further advice given)
3.) use missiles target engines (ignores PDT and EMP also missiles don't do that much damage to engines)
4.) wait for ship launched fighters to track them down. :downs:

So maybe?!

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

3.) use missiles target engines (ignores PDT and EMP also missiles don't do that much damage to engines)

So maybe?!

Welp, time to take up mining I guess.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Are we getting fighters now? They in the beta?

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!
ships with enhanced thrusters can outrun cannon shells

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

WebDog posted:

Are we getting fighters now? They in the beta?

No which is why that suggestion is asinine.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

So maybe?!

Are these in?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

No which is why that suggestion is asinine.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

No! Which is why that argument is asinine. It is literally wait for them to be added to the game.

Trying to give feedback is a Sisyphusian task on the forums you have a loving moderator saying he loves the "realism".

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

So maybe?!
I am completely unsurprised. Are they up in arms about all the basic info they've added to mission briefings too?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mike the TV posted:

If that upgrade works on mass instead of giving a flat bonus to jump range, wouldn't that mean the obnoxiously heavy Corvette and Cutter could theoretically get really good jump ranges, too?

I mean the reason those two ships have so low jump range was Frontier giving them tons and tons of extra mass, after all.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

In case anyone else is wondering where the option to launch the Engineers Beta is, the answer is :frontear: :

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=246992

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

I'm confused. Are 1.6 and 2.1 both betas?

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
So hoping they don't nerf robigo and the rest giving so much money in the beta. It will make the late game grind disappear and bring alot of people back. Make it so the missions scale with rank but keep the 10 to 40 mill payout. But the loving brown sea will scream for a nerf ugh

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

there's literally no point to the expensive combat ships now so what's there to spend money on? :lol:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

there's literally no point to the expensive combat ships now so what's there to spend money on? :lol:

Friday Night Boss Fights?

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
The new weapons and mods I would think. And rebuys because NPCs will kill the poo poo out of everyone starting out.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Kramjacks posted:

I'm confused. Are 1.6 and 2.1 both betas?
They're technically the same version of the game. The 1.x designation is just for people who haven't bought Horizons.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!
if you had told me a few weeks ago the sidewinder would be one of the fastest ships in the game, well,

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I used to enjoy bounty hunting the most, am I screwed?

Is there a layout that makes you able to still bounty hunt effectively? Money (under 100mil) is not an issue

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TorakFade posted:

Is there a layout that makes you able to still bounty hunt effectively? Money (under 100mil) is not an issue

Gotta go fast basically.

I have a hard time believing this makes it to live. People are going to be pissed.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

TorakFade posted:

I'm not in beta but it sounds like "fly a ship that isn't a slow hunk of poo poo" is all you need.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

I'm not in beta but it sounds like "fly a ship that isn't a slow hunk of poo poo" is all you need.

yeah that's the problem

rip vulture, python, corvette, anaconda

good job you solved the mystery :thumbsup:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So back to the FDL it is, then. Maybe the fsd upgrade will let it hit the mythical 20 ly jump range.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Main Paineframe posted:

Yep, so why did they make so many of the combat ships slow as poo poo.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Will the update bring a Sanic iClipper Renaissance? Because I sure think my Sanic iClipper will be making a comeback!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Spend a lot of time grinding to a combat Corvette? gently caress you, you chose poorly.

Sostratos
Jun 28, 2004

Groggy nard posted:

Will the update bring a Sanic iClipper Renaissance? Because I sure think my Sanic iClipper will be making a comeback!

Probably not, everything in a HAZRes now pops chaff constantly in every fight, and spams SCBs till they run out while having massively improved combat ability and no need for heat/power management.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I don't have beta, but this "pirates running away" business sounds awful. Maybe there's a reason why the enemies in literally every other game don't do that?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Sostratos posted:

Probably not, everything in a HAZRes now pops chaff constantly in every fight, and spams SCBs till they run out while having massively improved combat ability and no need for heat/power management.

I gotta be frank with you guys here, I don't think that sounds like a very good game design.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

BMan posted:

I don't have beta, but this "pirates running away" business sounds awful. Maybe there's a reason why the enemies in literally every other game don't do that?

"Realism"

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Well looks like I'm going to need to get into an FAS just in case this stupid poo poo makes it to live. Too bad I don't have any federation ranks!

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
Pretty sure the run-away AI is already in place. I see it all the time on PP NPCs, specifically the ones hauling mcguffins for you to interdict/stop.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I need some cold hard numbers on FSD ranges- fully upgraded FSD on exploraconda or explorer Asp build if possible.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Spend a lot of time grinding to a combat Corvette? gently caress you, you chose poorly.

Not that you aren't over-reacting in general, this being a beta and all, but this comment is especially egregious.

I went into a res with a Corvette that wasn't even particularly well fitted and I blew up everything I looked at within 30 seconds. Maybe the NPCs tried to run away. I don't know. All I know is that they died good. Adders, Pythons, Vipers, everything.

I decided to test in a Vulture as well. The AI is better and NPCs tend to weave more. I think it's a good thing. In the interest of fairness, I should let you know that I did have a few ships try and run from me. They were all Vipers and it was a little bit annoying, but putting 4 pips to engines in my Vulture let me get close enough for the finishing blow.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Perhaps, this is based on some frustrating experimentation last night. I'll try some different stuff tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

yeah that's the problem

rip vulture, python, corvette, anaconda

good job you solved the mystery :thumbsup:

They can join the Keelback in their proper place: worshipping at the altar of the mighty Eagle

• Locked thread