Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Time to think of a new thread title since this one doesn't have long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > PS Vita Discussion: John Romero's about to make you his bitch.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
So I contacted Amazon Japan about the Neon Orange Vita no longer being able to be shipped internationally (a few weeks ago they had inventory of this and shipped internationally, went out of stock, started to be sold by third party sellers, then came back in stock by Amazon Japan but suddenly didn't ship internationally) and they replied saying they'll look into it. That was 3 days ago. Today I noticed that the thing ships internationally again, so either it's a coincidence or my inquiry directly made them change it.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Megalixir posted:

So I contacted Amazon Japan about the Neon Orange Vita no longer being able to be shipped internationally (a few weeks ago they had inventory of this and shipped internationally, went out of stock, started to be sold by third party sellers, then came back in stock by Amazon Japan but suddenly didn't ship internationally) and they replied saying they'll look into it. That was 3 days ago. Today I noticed that the thing ships internationally again, so either it's a coincidence or my inquiry directly made them change it.

The Vita thread posters affect their fellow gamers' worlds in the best way

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Orange Vita is a good color. I need an orange Vita.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I like my black Vita because I am plain and boring.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

RanKizama posted:

I like my black Vita because I am plain and boring.
Black as your soul
I'd rather die than give you control

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
vita: has more colors than new releases

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

nerdz posted:

vita: has more colors than new releases

Don't make me post the list

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Vita owners are on a few of them, so they won't mind.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

please do

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

nerdz posted:

please do
Don't do it, you're gonna get NeoGAF'd

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm just going to hope someone else posts it because I'm in my phone and it's too much trouble

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Fine, you brought this on yourself

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
They never did add Instructor Trepe to the list, did they?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That list gives me that same feeling when channel surfing cable tv.

also starbound is there

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
It says games to be released in 2016 but it also has Mighty No.9 and Bloodstained...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Megalixir posted:

It says games to be released in 2016 but it also has Mighty No.9 and Bloodstained...

Both will be coming out in 2016.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Takoluka posted:

Both will be coming out in 2016.

Bloodstained's expected release date was 2017 so no.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish it was coming out this year instead of MN9

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's been probably like 3 good kickstarter games ever so please be careful in getting your hopes up for them

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I can only count two, of shovel knight and ftl

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pillars of Eternity

I'm struggling to think of a fourth though

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Tabletop Simulator.

Hopefully Shantae 4 and Toejam & Earl 4 will also be good but who knows

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cthulhu Saves the World was a fairly fun JRPG-clone. Nothing exceptional and the humor wasn't to my tastes but no bad.
Chivalry is stupid as hell but fun.
Strike Suit Zero is actually a fun if short score-attack shooter/mecha game
Class of Heroes 2, uh, exists.
Shadowrun Returns is pretty good though its release was rough
Volgar the Viking is a fun balls-hard action/platformer
Risk of Rain is pretty fun.
ect, ect, ect.

There have been a lot of good or at least fun Kickstarted games. Only a few NEW MODERN CLASSICS but eh.

Darkest Dungeon, Shovel Knight, FTL, Pillars, Chroma Squad, and so-on.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I enjoyed Broken Age and the new Broken Sword. Nellie Cootalot was kind of basic but cute. Dropsy was... Okay-ish.

EDIT: I suddenly realized I've pretty much only put money into adventure games. I bought Shovel Knight when it came out and it's fantastic.
And while not a kickstarted all the new Skullgirl characters that were funded through Indiegogo were great.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 6, 2016

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I backed TJ&E, $200 tier, but only because the first game is my absolute favourite game of all time.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Megalixir posted:

Nah, it doesn't. It says "coming out in the near future".

It's a list of stuff that is confirmed/announced/rumoured/suspected to be coming out on the vita, sometime after January 1st 2016.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 6, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I backed Skullgirls, but that was sorta backwards because it was already out and a thing you could own and see if you liked.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

expeditions conquistadors was really good and fast

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Risk of Rain was a great KS game, and is on the vita and is good.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ImpAtom posted:

Bloodstained's expected release date was 2017 so no.

i can't deal with your faithlessness, friend

i know it's not

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Undertale had a KS but probably would have been made regardless so I dunno if you want to count that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i have faith that half-genie hero will be good because all of wayforward's recent output wrt 2d platformers has been extremely good

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Colonel posted:

i have faith that half-genie hero will be good because all of wayforward's recent output wrt 2d platformers has been extremely good

Always have faith in Shantae.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Oh poo poo Amazon Japan removes Japanese tax, that's loving rad! That Neon Orange Vita shows 17,746 yen on checkout, but on the page it actually claims to be 19,166 yen.

anyway I bought a bunch of wiiu games instead.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Severed is pretty good.

Farali
Feb 18, 2012
Just bought a PS TV, what are some must haves for the vita? Already bought P4G and preordered Leifthrasir.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Farali posted:

Just bought a PS TV, what are some must haves for the vita? Already bought P4G and preordered Leifthrasir.

Do you have a PS3 also or just the PSTV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Farali posted:

Ys Memories of Celceta

If you don't have a PS3, The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel