Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

some texas redneck posted:

:woop:

Talked to them a little while ago, they're getting the lease packet put together for me now. Apparently my credit is better than I thought..

That's awesome dude. Credit is weird though. I bought a house and my credit score went up. :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Hah, that is weird.

My credit isn't great - my score is in the low 600s - but the only negative entries on it now are from old medical debt.

I may have been screwed in another month or so - my student loans come out of deferment sometime this month, which will significantly increase the minimum monthly payments being shown on my credit.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Oh don't worry, that smell will very quickly be displaced by :420: smoke. And a lot of farts, since there's a ton of taco places around there (including one that's open 24/7).

Downside: I thought I was getting a 2nd floor unit. Turns out this one is on the 3rd (top) floor. :doh: But there's a lot of trees around the building, so hopefully electric won't be $rape$. I'll just have to figure out where the hell to go if a tornado drops by to say hello... probably the bathroom in the fitness center..

poo poo, dude, I'll take 3rd floor over garden level! At least with 3rd (top) floor you won't have to worry about people thudding around above you; that's your job now.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
My top floor condo was pretty nice. It was quiet but it got stupid hot in the summer.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The heat is exactly what I'm worried about. I like to keep the ac slightly warmer than "meat locker". There's no ceiling fans either, though I own a couple of floor-standing fans.

I've always preferred a middle floor. Bottom floor means you have a greater chance of someone breaking in, and a lot more insects. Middle floor, yeah, you get people above you, but you're also insulated against both heat and cold a bit, so you wind up with a lower electric bill. Top floor offers no protection if a tornado decides to drop by and cause trouble, that entire floor is just gonna get blown off of the building.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Top floor offers no protection if a tornado decides to drop by and cause trouble, that entire floor is just gonna get blown off of the building.
And then leave the 2nd floor intact?

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

There are advantages and disadvantages to each floor, so its probably best not to worry about it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
We did not have air conditioning because I live in Canada, and all the windows were on one side of the condo building so it was swelteringly hot with no cross-breeze even with the windows open.

A few times I had to rig up stuff like swamp coolers because I was afraid for the health of my cat.

It was pretty nice in the winter though, I never touched the thermostat and it never ran. I have to assume the American refugees on the floor below kept their thermostat jacked at "temperature of the sun."

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Oh God, I'm seriously considering leasing a Corolla S+, what have I become?

But 6-speed, also employee pricing :whatup:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
One of my wife's cousins (the side they feud with apparently) said some snarky poo poo to me on facebook and I want to loving destroy her, but I've been told not to cause trouble. :(

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

T-Square posted:

Oh God, I'm seriously considering leasing a Corolla S+, what have I become?

But 6-speed, also employee pricing :whatup:

My girlfriend has a newer corolla and it's really nice. The cvt is actually pretty good too.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

the spyder posted:

Just sprayed myself in the face with gasoline. Time to stop for the night. I'm exhausted.

Just sit back and have a smoke to wind down

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Who the gently caress steals a Forester?

Anyone checked to make sure the Gorester isn't hunting other poster's cars for parts?

Also, gently caress dealers. Drove up to the next town over to look at a "clean" 06 Mustang, get there and it's missing a rocker panel and has clearly recently been backed into something. Still asking 8500 with 140k miles.

How about no.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 6, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Wtf str, you live in texas. Just sit on the porch and watch the funnel cloud pass over you with a bong in one hand and a beer in the other like the god drat Texan you are. You're supposed to be completely indifferent to this poo poo.

Also, the insurance company claims there is no damage to the fuse box, so my truck might be repairable. On one hand, I might get to keep my rolling plastic shitbox, but with electrical issues cropping up all the time. On the other hand I was all psyched to fund myself a cheap mazda 6 with a stick. :(

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Elmnt80 posted:

Also, the insurance company claims there is no damage to the fuse box, so my truck might be repairable. On one hand, I might get to keep my rolling plastic shitbox, but with electrical issues cropping up all the time. On the other hand I was all psyched to fund myself a cheap mazda 6 with a stick. :(

I'm afraid to mention it in case it breaks the spell, but Mazda 6s recently became dumb cheap here.

Like below Ford Fusion cheap.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm afraid to mention it in case it breaks the spell, but Mazda 6s recently became dumb cheap here.

Like below Ford Fusion cheap.

It's probably because if you sit down too hard or slam the door it'll collapse into a pile of rust flakes.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

People are finally starting to get that Mazda is the new cheap Toyota/Honda etc and it's nice to see cars with a semblance of personality to them. We still have my wife's '05 6i that we will probably drive forever because it works every time and there isn't a lot of cash value in the thing. She's had it for over 8 years.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

keykey posted:

What kind of phone?

I just bought my daughter a brand loving new iphone se 64, last one in the store, and she had it for 6 days before losing it. This is after 2-1/2 years of owning a dumb phone, never breaking it or losing it.

The school checked the video footage and nobody got in to her locker during the time she told them to. Now they're checking to see if she actually put the phone in there that morning, which she probably didn't. She was confident that she did but at this point it looks like it fell out of her pocket between the car and school, and she was in morning zombie mode so she didn't notice until 1PM around lunchtime. She's an 8th grader in her last 2 weeks of junior high so she's halfway to summer vacation already.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Unfortunately it's further proof that people dont respect the stuff they actually pay for with their own money.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

BraveUlysses posted:

Unfortunately it's further proof that people dont respect the stuff they actually pay for with their own money.

I don't know about you, but I treasure things I am given as gifts. Some people just don't respect things period, whereas sometimes mistakes just happen. I've never lost a phone, but things have definitely fallen out of my pocket without me noticing for a couple hours.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Forester is found, police picked it up and it's being towed to a compound. Now just have to call around and figure out what needs fixing and where we can pick it up.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Bajaha posted:

Forester is found, police picked it up and it's being towed to a compound. Now just have to call around and figure out what needs fixing and where we can pick it up.

:toot:

Any word on condition at all?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Bajaha posted:

I hope the hobos didn't make too much of a mess with their raucous lovemaking.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

LloydDobler posted:

I just bought my daughter a brand loving new iphone se 64, last one in the store, and she had it for 6 days before losing it. This is after 2-1/2 years of owning a dumb phone, never breaking it or losing it.

Of course, that's the way it has to happen. My son will get a dumb phone whether he likes it or not, he can get an iPhone when he gets a job :v:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Turning down management offers again. :toot: 10 bucks an hour to work 50 hours with no overtime isn't worth it pizza hut, especially when I average over 14 delivering.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

kastein posted:

It's probably because if you sit down too hard or slam the door it'll collapse into a pile of rust flakes.

It is a ford fusion with different body panels and was made in tge same factory. I suspect the rust proofing is the same.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

This college kid on my roommate's rugby team is staying here for the week so he can finish the season. He has never seen Seinfeld before. It is blowing my mind.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

This college kid on my roommate's rugby team is staying here for the week so he can finish the season. He has never seen Seinfeld before. It is blowing my mind.

He's clearly the master of his domain.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I've never seen a single episode of seinfeld although I'm aware of what it is and the cultural impact produced by people liking it for whatever reason.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Tell me how to unsee Seinfeld.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

The gathering of the wagons has begun

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

LloydDobler posted:

I just bought my daughter a brand loving new iphone se 64,

Did you login to icloud and try find my iPhone?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

kastein posted:

The gathering of the wagons has begun

80% of the remaining wagons in NA. Excellent.

keykey posted:

Did you login to icloud and try find my iPhone?

We've been through this.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

My dad is looking at a 2011 Grand Cherokee. He has always owned Pathfinders. Like 4 or 5 of them I think.

Its a terrible idea right? Chrysler, not even once?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

the spyder posted:

For the love of god someone take away my checkbook.

Missing a few tubes there, but sweet 13B-REW! Does it run? Engine OK?

leica posted:

Of course, that's the way it has to happen. My son will get a dumb phone whether he likes it or not, he can get an iPhone when he gets a job :v:

My 14-year old daughter got an iPhone for her last birthday in November, but it was my 4s when I pried a 5 out of the woodwork for free from work. She's perfectly happy with it as long as it plays YouTube videos. She's also aware of what happens when she loses her stuff - she's lost a Nintendo DS and her MP3 player, and neither got replaced until she bought her own (used) 3Ds (she just kept bugging my wife to borrow her iPhone...)
Oh, and first thing I did was make sure that Find My iPhone was on, and added her to iTunes/iCloud Family.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Im watching bout a thousand fit women race at a triathlon. Oh and also on three weeks holiday. (On volunteer race crew )

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

opengl128 posted:

My dad is looking at a 2011 Grand Cherokee. He has always owned Pathfinders. Like 4 or 5 of them I think.

Its a terrible idea right? Chrysler, not even once?

That is a monstrously bad idea compared to a pathfinder yes.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

We've been through this.

Oh. I missed that part. Welp, that sucks. Did we already cover him calling the number to see if anybody answers?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

I forgot my rage against the machine cd in the head unit when i sold my e30 to gabe newell. i'm sure he appreciated it

did you really sell an e30 to Gabe or just his lookalike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tusen Takk posted:

did you really sell an e30 to Gabe or just his lookalike

Geirskogul posted: