Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

heh these are all great

https://www.facebook.com/AtheistCentralwithRayComfort

ray you're a hoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Volume posted:

Arnold was excited by the subject at his local atheist meeting: "Why we don't believe in the invisible."

You misunderstand. Magnetic fields and gravity can be measured, even if they can't be seen with our eyes (which are somewhat limited). Can you measure anything supernatural in any way that would be meaningful in a court of law?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

genesplicer posted:

You misunderstand. Magnetic fields and gravity can be measured, even if they can't be seen with our eyes (which are somewhat limited). Can you measure anything supernatural in any way that would be meaningful in a court of law?

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Heh, take that Arnold Atheist!

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Volume posted:

Arnold was excited by the subject at his local atheist meeting: "Why we don't believe in the invisible."

Local atheist meeting???

holy poo poo they're real

Wonder what they smell like. I mean, the pictures don't look too goonlordish, but the only atheists I've known who've taken the time to drop sick burns on religion are pretty fuckin' goony. Weakass atheism where you just let things slide is a lot more fun.

gently caress, i am atheism.txt now, aint I.

Grand Prize Winner fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Apr 29, 2016

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Local atheist meeting???

they're called public schools

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i think i remember hearing that most local atheist clubs are being taken over by furries

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

nawcom posted:

i think i remember hearing that most local atheist clubs are being taken over by furries

you have contacts in whatever the hell local atheist clubs are?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

mdm posted:

you have contacts in whatever the hell local atheist clubs are?

Or they have contacts in the furry community.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Or they have contacts in the furry community.

I gave nawcom the benfit of the doubt

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Volume posted:

Arnold Atheist enjoyed learning about the fall of the Roman Empire as he watched the History channel. He clicked over to the Science channel and watched two programs. One was on the power of magnetic fields and the other was on gravity.

As an atheist, Arnold loved science. He equated the two. He glanced at his high-tech digital clock and thought about how quickly time had flown. He took a deep breath, grabbed the remote control, turned off the TV, called his wife who was working late and told her that he loved her. As he opened his garage door a strong wind messed up his hair that had been neatly combed a few moments earlier. He spoke an address into his phone, and let GPS guide him to his destination.

Arnold believed in invisible history. He watched a program on invisible magnetic fields. Then he watched another on invisible gravity. Then he measured invisible time, breathed invisible oxygen, used an invisible signal to turn off his TV with his remote, told his wife he had an invisible emotion for her, had his hair messed up by the invisible wind, and was directed to his meeting by an invisible positioning system.

This is like watching someone start to sunset.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Local atheist meeting???

holy poo poo they're real

Wonder what they smell like. I mean, the pictures don't look too goonlordish, but the only atheists I've known who've taken the time to drop sick burns on religion are pretty fuckin' goony. Weakass atheism where you just let things slide is a lot more fun.

gently caress, i am atheism.txt now, aint I.

IIRC, there are now atheist "temples" that simulate church.

SMDH, I am an atheist because I don't want to waste my time at church!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
amen

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Dreddout posted:

SMDH, I am an atheist because I don't want to waste my time at church!

church is like the only thing about christianity that I like. I mean, you and your close relatives and a lot of your neighbors all go to this big room and then you talk a little, and then the music starts and you sing for a while, then a guy talks at you with some parable about how we should be nice to each other except for gays, and then you ritually eat God. It's fun stuff.

but it's also time I could spend recovering from a hangover and masturbating.

if only mass happened at like midnight or so and involved a lot of liquor. that'd be way more my style

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

read as "type amen correctly", thought god would have to back down

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It does not frighten me.
I just find it impossible to bring myself to believe that I was brought into existence by unguided natural forces. It is a logical impossibility with a probability of absolute zero.

The forces driving the evolutionary process may appear to be unguided, but there is evidence in our own brains that conscious will can interact with natural elements to bring about human creativity. The Bible tells us that we are made in God's image, which indicates the source of our creative ability.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Christians need to realize that Satan always comes off better in these kinda things.

God's a needy bitch who needs you to like every single one of his comments.

Satan just wants you to enjoy your life, he doesn't require constant reminders of your love.

Hail Satan! Hahahaha!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I wish they'd admit that all this "wanting to go to heaven" business is just them being self-centered.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Look how many things once considered evil {not that long ago} are now celebrated as good:

Sexual promiscuity {living together without marriage, children out of wedlock},

The homosexual agenda

Experimenting with drugs

Climate change as "settled science"

Communism

Animal worship vs human preservation

Satan has managed to link these and other major deceptions into one big, interdependent "truth". People under 30 know nothing else. This is their religion and anyone who challenges it will be punished

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
We had some construction workers working recently on our property, and we found that things in the house were not working right. Near accidents, as well as arguments within the family broke out after they had come onto our land. When I went to the Lord in prayer over these problems, He pointed to those workmen who were unbelievers working on our property. Once we bound up any and all demons that may be troubling these men, the problems went away almost immediately. Hallelujah! I now claim in the name of Jesus, that anyone walking onto our property, will have their demons bound up, so they can not affect us.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
Heavens above

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Because only the bible has the power of prophecy fulfilled throughout
history to back it up as true. These other "religions" do not.
In
fact following God is not a religion,religion is a man made thing... And
because these false ones are created, it paints an idea that there is
no right choice, since there are many, none of them could possibly be
true.
But if you actually learn, you would see the truth for yourself.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Leviathon is a spirit I have battled as well. It was a hard battle but was won. It was about four months or more ago. My wife and I were in McDonalds and were having a conversation with an angel and Leviathon had come up. I told the angel that i wanted to fight this demon and he said I could. On the way back to the hotel I asked the angel if he could bring the demon to a predestinated place and he said yes. I figured that since Leviathon was from the depths of the sea he would be used to the cold water so I filled the tub up with scalding hot water and blessed the water. The angels (there were two now) brought Leviathon bound to the tub and fought with me. We all pulled our swords from our hips and began running this demon through with all my strength and everything I had. I would say it took atleast half an hour or more. We were all spent but the battle was won.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Dreddout posted:

Leviathon is a spirit I have battled as well. It was a hard battle but was won. It was about four months or more ago. My wife and I were in McDonalds and were having a conversation with an angel and Leviathon had come up. I told the angel that i wanted to fight this demon and he said I could. On the way back to the hotel I asked the angel if he could bring the demon to a predestinated place and he said yes. I figured that since Leviathon was from the depths of the sea he would be used to the cold water so I filled the tub up with scalding hot water and blessed the water. The angels (there were two now) brought Leviathon bound to the tub and fought with me. We all pulled our swords from our hips and began running this demon through with all my strength and everything I had. I would say it took atleast half an hour or more. We were all spent but the battle was won.

dude docked with some bros and to power his JO crystals

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Top City Homo posted:

dude docked with some bros and to power his JO crystals*

*While high on PCP

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Dreddout posted:

*While high on PCP

that goes without saying, hence the "angels"

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
spiritual warfare christianity is the shittiest larp

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The mayor of Jackson Mississippi

https://twitter.com/tonyyarber/status/634688516753072128

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The God the of the Universe said homosexuality was unnatural. (Paul may have written this passage, but "for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God." (2 Peter 1:21) You can't find a higher authority than that.

You see, it doesn't matter what man thinks, it's what God thinks. God isn't going to change His mind just because a group of people demand it, or even if ALL people demand it. God's Kingdom is not a democracy. You can live by YOUR rules all your life, but when you stand before Him on judgment day, HIS rules will be in effect.

And animals? You're saying it's okay because ANIMALS do it? Animals kill and eat one another. Should we do that, too? Just because animals do it, should we? Aren't be better than animals?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It is simply obnoxious to ever accuse God of encroaching on your rights, because in your relationship with God, you don’t have any rights. He owns you, and He can do whatever He wants with you. There is no sense in which He must provide you with options in life. He doesn’t have to give you any choice about anything, and He certainly doesn’t have to get your approval before carrying out His own will. The way things work right now, God does give us options in life, and He says the choices we make play a big role in shaping our future with Him. But while God is currently choosing to give us choices, we need to remember that He doesn’t have to. God doesn’t have to do anything—that’s one of the many perks of being the Creator of all things.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
A conversation between me and a fundamentalist relative:

:science: = me
:v: = fundamentalist relative

:science: So why can't god just let everybody into heaven? Wouldn't that be easier?

:v: He can't allow anything imperfect into his presence. It is the sacrifice of Jesus that perfects us and allows us to enter heaven.

:science: So, If this is the case, then we definitely should not worship him.

:v: Why is that?

:science: Either god has decided that he will not allow imperfect beings around him, in which case he's arbitrary and capriciously dooming billions of people for no good reason, and not worthy of our worship. Or, god cannot allow imperfection because of a set of rules that he can't break, and we should not worship him, because clearly there is something beyond him that set the rules that he must follow, and we should worship that being, instead.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

genesplicer posted:

:science: So why can't god just let everybody into heaven? Wouldn't that be easier?

:v: He can't allow anything imperfect into his presence. It is the sacrifice of Jesus that perfects us and allows us to enter heaven.

:science: Either god has decided that he will not allow imperfect beings around him, in which case he's arbitrary and capriciously dooming billions of people for no good reason, and not worthy of our worship. Or, god cannot allow imperfection because of a set of rules that he can't break, and we should not worship him, because clearly there is something beyond him that set the rules that he must follow, and we should worship that being, instead.

Fuxkin epic my man, just fuckin pure Amazeballs

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

genesplicer posted:

because clearly there is something beyond him that set the rules that he must follow, and we should worship that being, instead.

so dwells the Everdark, which even God fears

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwKBA6ovAy0

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

genesplicer posted:

The relative then cried fundie alligator tears, and blew his brains out to the sound of applause.

And that mods name was Albert Einstein!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
There was a time, sir, when scientists thought that the world was flat. And if you get to the end of it, you’d fall off.

There was another time when scientists thought that the sun revolved around the world.

And they always thought to ensure that anyone who disagreed with their science was a heretic! People were burned for not believing that the world was flat. People were really badly treated.

My point, sir, is that not everyone knows everything. And, in a school, there should be an open exchange of ideas. Knowledge only grows when people can talk about and have this intellectual back-and-forth, this discourse, with all ideas on the table. To restrict ideas is against knowledge and it’s against education. Therefore, at the appropriate time, Mr. Chairman, I move that this bill be involuntarily deferred.

gingrich
May 26, 2007

i'm the osiris of this shit
i got linked to this piece about bizarre christian revival movements that were going on in the nineties. really retarded stuff:

quote:

The scene was surreal. It looked like a bomb had exploded. Bodies were strewn haphazardly throughout the auditorium. Some lay motionless on the ground. Others twitched spasmodically. Behind me a woman shrieked, “I’m hot! I’m hot!” In front of me a girl was shaking violently. A boy standing in the aisle chopped feverishly with his hands at some imaginary object. Next to him a man whirled round and round in a circle. All the while waves of sardonic laughter cascaded eerily throughout the sanctuary.

A boy staggered drunkenly across the platform and collapsed at the feet of a man who called himself the “Holy Ghost Bartender.” The “Bartender,” Rodney Howard-Browne, screamed, “Git him, Jesus! Git him! Git him! Git him!” Suddenly he spun around and commanded two muscle-bound men to rise. “These men,” he said, “are my ‘guardian angels.’” Then, as if on cue, he moved deliberately in my direction. What happened next was best described by a charismatic pastor, who was an eyewitness: “I witnessed a stalking [by] a barroom bully.”

When the Holy Ghost Bartender (who also refers to himself as the Holy Ghost Hitman) arrived at my seat, he began threatening to have me thrown out of the sanctuary. “I’m telling you right now,” he hissed, “you’ll drop dead if you prohibit what God is doing!” Dramatically he gestured toward the crowd and warned them that those like me, who would dare question that what he was doing was of God, had committed the unpardonable sin and would not be forgiven in this world or the next.

The following day he crowed, “The last time I had a confrontation like that…was…with a bunch of Mormons… you could see their spirit, y’know…just a really religious, pharisaical spirit, that’s what it is. Amen?…And I smelt it — y’know, I can smell them religious devils from about a hundred yards —- I could smell them blindfolded, man….You could see, last night we meant business.” He labeled his critics “idiots” and warned that they were about to experience either “riot or revival.”

but what really made me lol is that this article was written on a website for evangelicals who believe in creationism and other biblical literalisms. it's perennially funny to me how different christian sects are always going "well the things they believe are stupid poo poo, but the things we believe are perfectly rational and ordained by god himself"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If a child doesn't fear mom and dad, then they won't fear the law nor God and will likely spend eternity in Hell as we read in Proverbs 23:14...

Proverbs 23:14: “Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.”

Salvation begins with the fear of the Lord. If a person doesn't believe in a literal God, nor a literal Hell that burns with fire, nor a literal coming judgment day... then they're not going to come to Jesus Christ to be forgiven of their sins via the cross upon which Christ died. The Gospel teaches that the Lord Jesus Christ died, was buried and rose up three days later. If you accept that by faith as payment for your sins, then you are saved eternally.

Increasingly, as America turns her back on God, more people are coming to religion and NOT Christianity. We are living in the most undisciplined, spoiled, bratty generation in the history of humanity. Brats!

Walt Disney teaches children and teens to sass their parents, mouth back and have an attitude. Back in the old times you'd be wondering what hit you if you talked to your parents like that. You'd get slapped up side the head. I'm not saying that's the right way, but that's the way it was back then. The fear of God begins with the fear of parents. Nowadays parents are wrongfully prosecuted for disciplining their children.

I'm not talking about a drunken father who beats his kids in rage, God forbid. I'm talking about kids behaving because they know that if they don't, dad's belt is coming off and you're in for a whipping!!! That fear in the old days made America strong, when Americans obeyed the Bible's command to spare not the rod upon a child. Today kids are turning into Godless homosexuals (and they're ALL Godless, every last one). Homosexuality is a Godless practice, rooted in lust and rebellion against God. To the same degree that Americans accept homosexuals, to that same degree a fearful Police State is going up around us. If men won't fear God, then they will fear men.

Would to God that the Bible were brought back into our schools to drive the MADNESS from children's hearts, so that they won't continue growing up to become INSANE adults!

• Locked thread