Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Haha, does he seriously have lightning emitters built into his pointy ears? That's incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Everything is offensive in comics

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
How do comics companies not realize that double shipping is never a good idea?

E: Especially double-shipping one of three Batman books.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

For new page

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JoshTheStampede posted:

How do comics companies not realize that double shipping is never a good idea?

E: Especially double-shipping one of three Batman books.

Yeah, DC double shipping like half their books is easily one of the dumbest decisions I can think of and will probably keep me from checking out some books I might have otherwise.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I like comics as much as I hate money, so it's all gravy.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Teenage Fansub posted:

I like comics as much as I hate money, so it's all gravy.

Me too, but I don't like when creative teams burn out twice as fast and you have a new artist every two issues.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

JoshTheStampede posted:

Me too, but I don't like when creative teams burn out twice as fast and you have a new artist every two issues.

It will be every one issue, as most of the double shipping books are alternating artists from the get go.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah, there's no way the art on some of these double shipped books isn't going to suffer.

I gave up on eternal cuz art was all over the place.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

JoshTheStampede posted:

If you haven't heard, the double shipping comics all have pairs of artists who are either doing alternating arcs every issue (Wonder Woman) or in whole chunks (The way this interview makes Batman sound.)

Also, Tom King is only doing one mainline comic instead of the two he was, which is a little bit of a bummer.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Teenage Fansub posted:

If you haven't heard, the double shipping comics all have pairs of artists who are either doing alternating arcs every issue (Wonder Woman) or in whole chunks (The way this interview makes Batman sound.)

Also, Tom King is only doing one mainline comic instead of the two he was, which is a little bit of a bummer.

Whole chunks isn't so bad, really. Every issue is really jarring though, depending on who the two artists are.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

JoshTheStampede posted:

Whole chunks isn't so bad, really. Every issue is really jarring though, depending on who the two artists are.

I like the sound of the Wonder Woman deal where every even issue is set in the past.
e: It'll be like if Batman Zero Year had contemporary issues coming out from Snyder at the same time.

What I don't like is that it's delaying Black Magick (Rucka and Nicola Scott's Image comic) for a year.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 6, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JoshTheStampede posted:

Wonder Woman is having two different arcs running in parallel, so one artist doing one story on the odd issues, and Nicola Scott doing the even issues as Wonder Woman: Year One.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

I like the sound of the Wonder Woman deal where every even issue is set in the past.
e: It'll be like if Batman Zero Year had contemporary issues coming out from Snyder at the same time.

What I don't like is that it's delaying Black Magick (Rucka and Nicola Scott's Image comic) for a year.

Ugh. I didn't know this. My wife is going to be crushed. Book is really good so far.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
But DC comics are $2.99 so I will be saving money :suicide:

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I don't have a problem with double shipping because the books are either good and worth the money or bad and you drop them. I do have sympathy with comic shops that have a harder time adjusting their orders with books coming out twice as often.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Dunbar posted:

I don't have a problem with double shipping because the books are either good and worth the money or bad and you drop them. I do have sympathy with comic shops that have a harder time adjusting their orders with books coming out twice as often.

Right, of all the problems with it the consumers paying twice as much and getting twice as much content is not an issue, at least not to me. What sucks is the doubled demand on store shelves and the doubled pressure on artists to crank out work that inevitably suffers. Delays hurt more too.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dunbar posted:

I wanna hear if anyone's subscription orders have come in for just odd or even comics. That'd be fun to work out. Rhyno?

e: Jeff Parker/Doc Shaner/Jordie Bellaire's Flash Gordon is on sale. https://www.comixology.com/Kings-Quest-Sale/page/10660?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Take a read before their Future Quest arrives.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 6, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

Oh gently caress that.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Endless Mike posted:

Oh gently caress that.
At least we still got Lazarus!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That ain't got no black and white Nicola Scott art.
I was amazed it was the same lady who drew Earth 2. Guess it's all in the coloring.

e:
Textless Green Lanterns Rebirth #1 preview.
http://www.newsarama.com/29179-1st-look-dc-s-green-lanterns-rebirth-1-let-s-try-this-one-again-get-it-right.html

Action Comics #957 preview
http://www.newsarama.com/29180-dc-rebirth-1st-look-action-comics-957-this-is-a-job-for-lex-luthor.html

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 7, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Character sheets!!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Those shoulder pads don't look any less dumb on Green Arrow in the comic than they do in the show.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I like the Supergirl costume except for the weird shoulder part of the cape. Looks even more movement restricting than we normally get from superhero costumes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Goddammit wear some loving socks, kid.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He might be wearing those little feetie socks.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like Olivers look. It's way way better then what he used to have. Also glad the goatee is back.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I like that Supergirl's costume actually looks like it's Supergirl's costume for the first time since Matrix.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HitTheTargets posted:

I like that Supergirl's costume actually looks like it's Supergirl's costume for the first time since Matrix.

Uh, post-Matrix Linda Supergirl's suit was the traditional costume for 4 years.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Okay, sure. I wasn't aware they were different characters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HitTheTargets posted:

Okay, sure. I wasn't aware they were different characters.

They shared memories but Linda Supergirl was a new individual formed from the union of the two.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I didn't find a better thread post this

From here

That final page hit me harder than I expected, I'm going to miss these two working together :smith:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hey man, I rooting for Red Hood now just because pairing him up with Bizarro is my kinda crazy idea, but are you interested in any other comic coming up?
Not that you need to be, but you definitely have enthusiasm in ya, so it'd be cool to see the :allears: come out for more things.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

Hey man, I rooting for Red Hood now just because pairing him up with Bizarro is my kinda crazy idea, but are you interested in any other comic coming up?
Not that you need to be, but you definitely have enthusiasm in ya, so it'd be cool to see the :allears: come out for more things.

Not really. I was hoping a change of direction in both Batman and GL but it didn't happen. I will still check around to see if there's a book that catches my eye of course.

Welp

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/exclusive-red-hoodarsenal-12/

Roy :smith:

And goddamit DC, was it too hard to release at least the double spread in a readable size? :argh:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

DT, Tom King is killing it with his other comics. It's a safe bet his Batman is going to be real good.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm pretty happy to see a team book with Bruce, Kate, Steph, Tim, and Cassandra on Detective Comics, and Grayson has me really looking forward to Tom King on Batman. What kind of direction were you hoping for?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Norns posted:

DT, Tom King is killing it with his other comics. It's a safe bet his Batman is going to be real good.

Travis343 posted:

I'm pretty happy to see a team book with Bruce, Kate, Steph, Tim, and Cassandra on Detective Comics, and Grayson has me really looking forward to Tom King on Batman. What kind of direction were you hoping for?

First I haven't been impressed by any of King's previous DC work and mostly a very different direction to the one Snyder gave the title these past few years. But going by interviews and the previews released so far, while not exactly the same, King is following Snyder's footsteps.

Also, Detective sounds like Eternal Part 3 and both Eternals were utter garbage.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I've only read the first trade of B&R Eternal, but the ballet story had some standout visuals. I hope the second half isn't utter garbage.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Space Fish posted:

I've only read the first trade of B&R Eternal, but the ballet story had some standout visuals. I hope the second half isn't utter garbage.

Everything involving Cassandra is very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Not really. I was hoping a change of direction in both Batman and GL but it didn't happen. I will still check around to see if there's a book that catches my eye of course.

Welp

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/exclusive-red-hoodarsenal-12/

Roy :smith:

And goddamit DC, was it too hard to release at least the double spread in a readable size? :argh:

I seriously hope he dies. I don't like Nu 52 Roy and care even less for his friendship with Todd.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 10, 2016