Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Foehammer007 posted:

"hey we beat PH today guys, lets post 500 words about it yarr"

im being lame sorry bros i try to be more chill

no we can be mad ITT until VG calms us down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Khablam posted:

no we can be mad ITT until VG calms us down

i like the way you post friend

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ph suck pl suck foehammer hotmics his masturbation sessions

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

are you 12 or a mid 40s facebook mom because you can say poo poo and gently caress here

depends........do you like pre-teens or moms in soccer mom pants?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

ph suck pl suck foehammer hotmics his masturbation sessions

you just sad you missed out boo

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Foehammer007 posted:

you just sad you missed out boo

werent you like, 15 at the time

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I calculated that I'm making 3.5 million isk per tick while afk-mining some form of plagioclase in 0.5 space. Am I doing this right? Is this the life?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/rz8sli8.webm

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

werent you like, 15 at the time

are you mistaking me with your other boyfriend

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
oh wait that was a BFM joke whoops

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i thought both you and syndic were literal children

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
come to atl and find out

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
:corsair: deartear

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I calculated that I'm making 3.5 million isk per tick while afk-mining some form of plagioclase in 0.5 space. Am I doing this right? Is this the life?

it is

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
i bet your mom would smoke weed with me deartear

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
gently caress thats unchill my bad dude

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
So, I know I'll regret that, but I decided it's time to try getting into this game again.

I've read that there is a general goon channel, could someone pm me here or in game the channel name? (Bacon-Pigbottom ingame)

Since I'm away on holidays, and therefore playing on my crappy notebook for the next week, I'll hold on deciding which goon corp to go with until I'm back home and able to play proper. But I have to say, even though I'm not a fan of cults of personality and the name Imperium sounding to me pretty silly and self-important, when I see so many people jumping ship I feel kind of urged to go with goonswarm. My only gripe is that last time I was in goonfleet, I felt totally lost in the crowd and didn`t even last a week before just giving up.

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I want to say you are doing it wrong but since I do not know what you are flying and how I can not say you are doing it well. Also you should get more miners.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
14m an hour hash tag bank

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Pigbottom posted:

I feel kind of urged to go with goonswarm. My only gripe is that last time I was in goonfleet, I felt totally lost in the crowd and didn`t even last a week before just giving up.

You remember when DJ joked in that fanfest presentation that Goonswarm was literally 20 people?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
you remember when mittani told that guy to die? yeah that was last time GSF was fun

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Foehammer007 posted:

you remember when mittani told that guy to die? yeah that was last time GSF was fun

the run up to fountain war was a blast.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Pigbottom posted:

So, I know I'll regret that, but I decided it's time to try getting into this game again.

I've read that there is a general goon channel, could someone pm me here or in game the channel name? (Bacon-Pigbottom ingame)

Since I'm away on holidays, and therefore playing on my crappy notebook for the next week, I'll hold on deciding which goon corp to go with until I'm back home and able to play proper. But I have to say, even though I'm not a fan of cults of personality and the name Imperium sounding to me pretty silly and self-important, when I see so many people jumping ship I feel kind of urged to go with goonswarm. My only gripe is that last time I was in goonfleet, I felt totally lost in the crowd and didn`t even last a week before just giving up.

It's still the biggest Goon group. I guess it depends on why you felt lost on a crowd. If it was because jabber channels scroll fast cause there's a poo poo ton of people talking, then you might still feel that way. There are smaller groups specifically to combat this problem, so if you never got into SIG's or squads your previous attempt, you can try that.

If you felt lost just because there was a poo poo ton of dudes, not much can be done to make that feeling any less. We are a big group and have lots of people in the coalition.

If small groups of goons is your fancy, check the groon thread.

As far as Darius JOHNSON'S group goes, I'll just say he posts much more on Reddit than SA while talking about how goony goony he is.

Check all the threads in PGS for more details.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Foehammer007 posted:

Nah.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i said this on ye olde goonefleete dote come but I'd really like there to be some sort of initiative where dudes get grouped up into smaller units, squads if you will, it'd really go a long way towards alleviating that lost in the crowd feeling multiple people have mentioned

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

There are so many fuckin swarm social channels to pick from. I mean, if you are a gay female gun shooting industrialist who likes reavers and chilling with directors that's like 7 channels.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CainFortea posted:

There are so many fuckin swarm social channels to pick from. I mean, if you are a gay female gun shooting industrialist who likes reavers and chilling with directors that's like 7 channels.

i dont think you understand people very well because I mean FORCED grouping, people who lurk are still lost in the crowd

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

i dont think you understand people very well because I mean FORCED grouping, people who lurk are still lost in the crowd

Isn't this mostly a problem of getting allies involved and chunked in the same way, and ergo breaking their culture?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Yep. Force community on folks. Bring back Greek squads imo to fill the void left by all the other dead squads.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

i said this on ye olde goonefleete dote come but I'd really like there to be some sort of initiative where dudes get grouped up into smaller units, squads if you will, it'd really go a long way towards alleviating that lost in the crowd feeling multiple people have mentioned

When I was in waffe individual squads were pulling fleets of 100+ dudes sometimes. Still plenty possible to get lost in the crowd. Hell I was in Theta for a year and I can only name like three people that were in it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Khablam posted:

Isn't this mostly a problem of getting allies involved and chunked in the same way, and ergo breaking their culture?

we already won the culture war multiple times, but people not in gsf dont have to do poo poo and it's best to grab em as newbies and constantly feed new blood into said squads

butttttttttt you have to actually watch them so they dont go full epsilon and become somehow even more insular fyad

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 6, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ad by Khad posted:

When I was in waffe individual squads were pulling fleets of 100+ dudes sometimes. Still plenty possible to get lost in the crowd. Hell I was in Theta for a year and I can only name like three people that were in it.

i mean smaller groups of like, 50-100 tops, make it so it's real easy to know everybody's name

hell if yo uwant to get SUPER FUCKIN AWFUL with it, make that poo poo squads within companies, x per squad, y squads per company'

also nothing preventing people from joining their friends or leaving the squad(s) if they're not a fit for those dudes but basically I'm advocating a buddy system here

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

No you big dumbo.

Having a group of people with random interests and random timezones is dumb. What does the rear end in a top hat timezone dude who likes small gang gate camping have anything in common with a pst dude who only main fleets?

Greek squads made sense back in the syndicate days because 90% of us couldn't fly anything bigger than an osprey and were in similar timezones. Most of us had no clue what our Eve interests were. Hell, you joined right around the start of that stuff.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 6, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I'm going to go ahead and listen to you, expert on how people work

protip: im not suggesting do away with reavers and blackops you retard

we already won the culture war multiple times, but people not in gsf dont have to do poo poo and it's best to grab em as newbies and constantly feed new blood into said squads

butttttttttt you have to actually watch them so they dont go full epsilon and become somehow even more insular fyad

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ill give you timezones as a separator but that's trivially solved with "what times are you most active"

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
So the plan is for our newbies to go into several smaller happier toilet bowls instead of the one giant overpowering toilet bowl?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Vando posted:

So the plan is for our newbies to go into several smaller happier toilet bowls instead of the one giant overpowering toilet bowl?

but this would imply everyone is poo poo

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 44 minutes!
Angelique was it really necessary to send me a screen shot on an error message of you trying to kick me from your Corp and a copy paste?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I'm going to go ahead and listen to you, expert on how people work

protip: im not suggesting do away with reavers and blackops you retard

I didn't say anything about getting rid of squads and neither did you. Just saying that random assignment of small groups now is pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Foehammer007 posted:

oh the guy trying to role play with sleepers or something

:downs:

• Locked thread